YRC Worldwide Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Job/Work Balance does not match up.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maspeth, NYMay 18, 2016
You work 12 hour days, could never take a day off if you're ill, and there are no opportunities for career advancement. The technology the company uses is antiquated and outdated.
Pros
Cons
Long Days with an inadequated pay
Rough place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 3, 2016
Overall this was not an enjoyable place to work. The hours were fair but the capabilities of management were seemingly limited.
avoid
Shift Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2016
The most hostile work environment I have ever been in. Nothing positive to say. Pay is decent, but nothing else is redeeming. I left as quickly as I could.
Productive workplace with good, hard working people.
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maybrook, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day requires, showing up ready to work hard in a fast paced environment for 12 hours. I have learned a great deal of management experience due to the amount of employees and the volume of freight we have to through daily as a team. Upper management is very knowledgeable of operations and guides us in any area that we are lacking. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency in the industry. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the people I work with and how we solve problems as a team.
Pros
Great people, good pay, and good benefits.
Cons
No breaks and long days.
Small company feeling within the culture
Software Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2016
One of the closest companies to military camaraderie. The IT organization is strong and people really try to help one another.
Pros
Strong culture
Cons
compensation is not quite up to industry standards
Management is very understandable when it comes to medical appointments
Revenue Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 12, 2016
I am just a contractor, so I don't get the same perks as if I was actual employee of YRC, but I have enjoyed contracting there for almost a year.
Pros
The managers actually know how to manage
Cons
Being a contractor verses being a hired emploee
Great company with good benefits
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 6, 2016
A company with opportunities for growth and new positions. Extensive product offerings in the logistics market place.
Pros
Good benefits, competitive pay, balanced work life
Cons
Slow to change, hard to move outside of practices in place
An ok place to work
W & I Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
Coworkers were the best part of the job. Most willing to cooperate and work with you. I learned to Master the NMFC Tariffs. One of the hardest parts was to meet or exceed the inflated goals during the slow months.
Pros
Helping the shippers to understand the correct NMFC Item Numbers to use for their freight.
Cons
Upper management doesn't always support the front-line supervisors.
Great Company to work for
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bloomington,CAAugust 31, 2015
I truly enjoy YRC Freight and would not leave if I didn't have to family to Santa Barbara, CA. The management team in Southern, CA is one of the best management teams I've had the pleasure of working with.
Average Pay
Relay Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 7, 2015
Fair place to work. Fair equipment. Deliver loads to satellite terminals. Must chain up in winter time to get loads to destinations in running time.
Pros
fairly good routes to drive.
Cons
Could have more daytime start times.
Good starter job
Financial Analyst - Procurement Strategy (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 26, 2015
I was able to learn many good habits and grow professionally here, but there is no more room to grow. Overall YRC is a good place to work, but I wouldn't plan on making it a lifelong career.
Pros
Your knowledge expands as quickly as you are willing to learn.
Cons
Needs more structure
fast paced, always on your feet, have to be toally focused at job onhand
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILNovember 8, 2014
Once job learned typical day was good, I accomplished to learn a lot, most of the management weren't the go getters unless it was crunch time, all coworkers were cool , hardest part of job is coming into some one else's mess and you have to clean it up and also do your job. The enjoyable part was when we worked 7days on and 7 days off.
Pros
health insurance, 401k, bonuses at times
Cons
no lunches, dresscode, computer upgrades
Great Work Place
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2014
Basically making sure trucks go where they are supposed to im a supervisor over everything been there almost 30 years very much experienced
Productive fun place to work in the beginning
Customer Solutions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 23, 2014
Very busy. Learned every aspect of transportation. Co-workers were great. Unstable once they got in financial trouble.
Help Desk Analyst
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KsSeptember 4, 2014
Good Company enjoyed the opportunity to learn different Internal systems
Pros
learning different networks
Cons
layoffs
Corporate Collections
Corporate Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYAugust 30, 2014
Learned various aspects of freight terms, billing, collections, and intense customer service.
Roadway was amazing but very disappointed with YRCW.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 7, 2014
When I started with Roadway Trucking, it was just awesome. Customers came first and competitors knew they were outmatched when Roadway came into any picture. However, when Yellow married Roadway, some terminals merged but many closed. Drivers lost out. Roadway then had call centers that personally touched every customer. They were the right arm of sales and stormed the forefront of every challenge with great service. Every state had one or more call centers and multitudes of sales personnel who loved their customers and had great feedback. Then, Yellow also closed Roadways call center set up and YRCW only has a percentage who now serve the many customers. These closures were unexpected, to say the least, and I was in customer service at one of those call centers. A company who used to be first or second place in the world of logistics, changed their role and place in it dramatically in a very short period of time. Competitors have stepped up to take the business and I miss the ole' Roadway. It has been so sad to see YRC have such hard times. I hope YRC Worldwide, Inc. can climb back to the top.
Pros
learning from their mistakes, i hope. they have a mix of yellow and roadway drivers and people at the terminals that are awesome.
Cons
trust is an issue for the employees and the customers due to their business track record.
N/a
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maybrook, NYJanuary 1, 2014
Not good at all. Bad working conditions. No room for advancement
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
great place! probably my favorite job ever as far as location, atmosphere, work, and co-workers. Management was memorable
Accounts Receivables Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 20, 2013
I like how the company gave you goals to shoot for and had award shows for their employees. The only downfall was that they weren't flexible with scheduling and they weren't very understanding when you had appointments.
Its a job
Driver / Dock (Current Employee) –  Santa AnaJuly 13, 2013
always on the run making deliveries and pick ups. during busy season. In the slow season no job security.