YTI Career Institute Employee Reviews

Great culture
Porter and Chester (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 11, 2017
Rewarding job with this organization - great people, love what the company does for students; challenging times over the past several years but people are still engaged in helping prospective students find the path to a rewarding career
Loved the students but hated management
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 12, 2017
This is a profit-driven company that cares more about filling seats than providing students with the education necessary to be successful. Instructors are overworked and often have to prep for classes while at home which takes away from their families. There is no support from management and any efforts to make improvements for the students is not appreciated. Instructors are fired if they make waves and try to do what is best for the students. YTI prefers the instructors that are puppets and can be manipulated into just passing students through the program even if they can't perform even the most basic clinical competency. With the extremely high cost of this "education", I often advised students to rethink their choices and look into four year nursing programs. At least after they graduate from that program, they would have a chance of being able to pay back their student loans.
Pros
Students were amazing!
Cons
Poor management, profit driven, high-stress environment, long hours, no support for good instructors
Enthusiastic work colleagues and a perfect learning/work space
tool steward (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 18, 2017
For me it was part time work so class would end, I'd go over notes until work. I would provide the necessary tools and materials to the classes being held at that time (hvac, electrical & electronics). I issued tools and materials via computer check out system. I maintenance'd the equipment and kept track of inventory. I learned how truly stressful large groups can be, it gave me my first lessons in working under pressure. Management wasn't hard to get along with at all, doing my job and being trustworthy really helped me fit in there. the hardest part of the job was trying to issue materials out to 50+ students in a time consistent to their class schedule. What i enjoyed most was the variety of people I interacted with.
Pros
short drive from school to work
Cons
the drive from home to yti
Good place
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 24, 2017
You are required to motivate people to enroll in yti programs. Good people in the office. You will need good communication skills and follow up skills. Dealing with the public can be difficult. Your employment at YTI depends on how will you can motivate people to start school. For profit education is a touch sell at this time. But, with the right personality and work effort you can keep your job.
YTI was a great school before PCI bought them
Vice President of Admissions (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 2, 2017
Good people who work for YTI but the egos and arrogance that come from PCI, in New England, are toxic and create a horrid work environment. They take accountability for nothing and are very reactionary instead of proactive. YTI can regain what it once was but not till PCI sells them.
Pros
Good people across YTI
Cons
PCI owns them, Executive Management Team is a joke
Program manger not good at all. No commuintion! Changes scheduled. No training
Instructor (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 26, 2017
Awful no commuintion! No training! Will not take time to help more worried everything else. If you do not fit right in she will outcase you. Insight if supporting and Coach you she say I hope
Overall very rewarding
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 15, 2016
Very rewarding working with students and being a positive influence in their lives. I felt very privileged to have played a small part in the success of many students throughout my 19 years with YTI.
Being an instructor and program manager was very enjoyable and rewarding however upper management have no investment in their employees. Seniority and loyalty have no place in the organization and there is little respect for work and family balance.
Instructor - Electrical Engineering (Former Employee) –  York, Pa.January 11, 2016
Co-workers are great; we plan our classes greet the students then present material.
As would be expected most students are good to work with, with the occasional challenge.
The atmosphere presented to the students in driven by industry acceptable standards for performance and attire.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Minimal time betweenn semesters.
Great place to work!
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 21, 2015
Love my team members and staff, but looking for more of a challenge in a management or leadership position. The job is great most day, students are a joy and they become your family. My peers are great and always willing to help out and share resources.
High Pressure
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 20, 2015
Needs work on treating their staff. It seems that they are quick to let people go so easily if they feel like.
Hard to work for an organization who deserts you. Only good things about the school would be the instructors and the courses that are being taught.
Pros
Helping students
Wrongful termination
Admissions coordinator (Former Employee) –  Altoona paOctober 20, 2014
Working for this company started off okay, but then i became sick and was unable to perform my job. No help or assistance was offered to me while i was experiencing this illness. Instead i was wrote up & terminated the next day! Yes i know i made mistakes, but those were due to the fact that my illness was causing me to have motor & speech problems. Termination was completely unfair. It is sad to see a company so concerned with their image & their 'start' numbers that they could not even take a moment to offer assistance to one of their own employees.
Pros
Nothing good about this company, they ruined my career & any future jobs i try to get.
Cons
Horrible management, if you don't fit' in they will fire you!
Poorly managed school that will rule your life
Employee (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 20, 2014
The expectations when working for YTI is that you will give your entire life to this institution. There is no balance of personal and professional. Your life is 100% professional.

The management at YTI Career Institute is archaic and a dictatorship. There can be no growth because there is never allowed to be change.
Management horrible
Medical Assistant Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  york, paJune 4, 2014
No diversity in leadership. Not a good place for any minority to work. Turnover is high. Expectations are high but salary is low. Instructors are great they are the best part of my day.
Awesome place to work.
Wellness Clinic Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 17, 2014
I loved working for YTI Career Institute. Wonderful co-workers and good management. Fun place to work.
co-workers are wonderful
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 14, 2013
I believe in YTI's mission however, management has lost sight of it and continues to make decisions that negatively impact both students and staff.
Pros
It's great being able to impact a students life!
Cons
Out of Touch Managment
Very nice place to work
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 21, 2013
I worked a typical day 7 to 4pm. I was in charge of running the front desk. Also meeting and greeting perspective students. Mailings,faxing,data entry and answering a 5 multi line phone system. I loved my job or i wouldnt of stayed there for that long of a time.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Restructuring of my job
Strong team-oriented culture
Adjunct Instructor - Computer Applications (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 25, 2013
Excellent team environment to collaborate and work together with fellow employees. Management work very hard to promote synergy among the instructors and support staff.
COMMUNICATION between Administration & staff does NOT exist !!
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 13, 2012
As an Adjunct Professor, administration relayed information to my students withOUT my knowing. They were given assignments withOUT my knowing. Lesson plans that were completed were OVERLOOKED, & assignments were given to students without my knowledge or approval.
COMMUNICATION IS UNHEARD OF!!! TURNOVER OF EMPLOYEES IS IN THE 90% range. Discrimination against students, promises of Externships are NOT HONORED. MANY students drop out, & DO NOT COMPLETE the course. School receives FEDERAL & STATE FUNDING.
I was subjected to PROFANITY by persons on the staff. I am a Christian & do NOT use profanity. I was VERY HUMILIATED by those staff disrespecting me, Administration did absolutely NOTHING to address it !!
Pros
rate of pay
Cons
dishonest!!
not flexible to work for
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 27, 2012
location is nice. staff and falculty is great but upper management and leadership are unprofessional, unorganized, unstructured. would not return to or work for again.
Overall Fair to Good
Business Instructor (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 24, 2012
Currently the offerings for students are changing. Therefore, the needs for instructors are changing. This company hires full time instructors to work in all three shifts for 7-12, 12 - 5 and 5- 10:30 pm. You are required to carry a load of 28 teaching hours per term. the hours you work changes every term. The hours required to work are variable, Employees must be flexible. Staff positions are more regular in their hours. I cannot comment on any other positions.

I liked my job.
Pros
training
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YTI Career Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7