YTI Career Institute

YTI Career Institute Employer Reviews

Poorly managed school that will rule your life
Employee (Current Employee), York, PAJuly 20, 2014
The expectations when working for YTI is that you will give your entire life to this institution. There is no balance of personal and professional. Your life is 100% professional.

The management at YTI Career Institute is archaic and a dictatorship. There can be no growth because there is never allowed to be change.
Management horrible
Medical Assistant Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), york, paJune 4, 2014
No diversity in leadership. Not a good place for any minority to work. Turnover is high. Expectations are high but salary is low. Instructors are great they are the best part of my day.
Awesome place to work.
Wellness Clinic Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 17, 2014
I loved working for YTI Career Institute. Wonderful co-workers and good management. Fun place to work.
co-workers are wonderful
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), York, PAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: it's great being able to impact a students life!
Cons: out of touch managment
I believe in YTI's mission however, management has lost sight of it and continues to make decisions that negatively impact both students and staff.
Very nice place to work
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee), York, PAMay 21, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: restructuring of my job
I worked a typical day 7 to 4pm. I was in charge of running the front desk. Also meeting and greeting perspective students. Mailings,faxing,data entry and answering a 5 multi line phone system. I loved my job or i wouldnt of stayed there for that long of a time.
Strong team-oriented culture
Adjunct Instructor - Computer Applications (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 25, 2013
Excellent team environment to collaborate and work together with fellow employees. Management work very hard to promote synergy among the instructors and support staff.
COMMUNICATION between Administration & staff does NOT exist !!
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 13, 2012
Pros: rate of pay
Cons: dishonest!!
As an Adjunct Professor, administration relayed information to my students withOUT my knowing. They were given assignments withOUT my knowing. Lesson plans that were completed were OVERLOOKED, & assignments were given to students without my knowledge or approval.
COMMUNICATION IS UNHEARD OF!!! TURNOVER OF EMPLOYEES IS IN THE 90% range. Discrimination – more... against students, promises of Externships are NOT HONORED. MANY students drop out, & DO NOT COMPLETE the course. School receives FEDERAL & STATE FUNDING.
I was subjected to PROFANITY by persons on the staff. I am a Christian & do NOT use profanity. I was VERY HUMILIATED by those staff disrespecting me, Administration did absolutely NOTHING to address it !! – less
not flexible to work for
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJune 27, 2012
location is nice. staff and falculty is great but upper management and leadership are unprofessional, unorganized, unstructured. would not return to or work for again.
Overall Fair to Good
Business Instructor (Former Employee), York, PAMay 24, 2012
Pros: training
Cons: hours
Currently the offerings for students are changing. Therefore, the needs for instructors are changing. This company hires full time instructors to work in all three shifts for 7-12, 12 - 5 and 5- 10:30 pm. You are required to carry a load of 28 teaching hours per term. the hours you work changes every term. The hours required to work are variable, Employees – more... must be flexible. Staff positions are more regular in their hours. I cannot comment on any other positions.

I liked my job. – less
Convenient
IT WorkStudy (helpdesk) (Former Employee), York, PAMay 5, 2012
Pros: convenient
Mostly worked with tickets that I was able to complete.
During term breaks I would be apart of large reimaging projects.
Not sure the focus
Program Director/ Instructor for MA & MBC Program (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 28, 2012
Not sure the focus. I worked with great Peers and students were great. I am lost on what values the DOE/CP holds

About YTI Career Institute

YTI is a private post-secondary institution of higher education serving south-central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. The – Read more