YUM! Brands, Inc. Employee Reviews

keeps u busy and love the enviorment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Cultivate a culture of engagement that attracts, retains and grows the best people.Amazing company culture and communication! There is great recognition of hard work by employees. I had visibility to the impacts of my projects and was able to understand other projects going on around me
Pros
free lunch health care
Cons
benifits
Its fast food..
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANAGER/DATA PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2017
you can only get lazy teenagers to work, its 90 degrees in the kitchen, management shirks their duties to shift leads.its cool if you like babysitting
Pros
half of food
Cons
there are no breaks in food service
Rushed and Crowded workplace.
Taco bell shift leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2017
I walk in and clock in go to the back get prepared for the shift by counting the safe, making sure everyone is where they need to be, and counting the food. I have one of the cashiers count a drawer and put it in their name and we prepare until rush hits us. After rush we prepare more food if needed, stock, clean. The hardest part of the day is dealing with the managers constantly yelling at you while they are standing around. However the most enjoyable part of the day is that you got through the day with nothing drastic happening(hopefully).
Pros
The connection you get with the customers.
Cons
Disrespectful team members/managers.
great place
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 26, 2017
I love this place. The benefits are great and the company over all is a great company. More communication would help all departments greatly. Everyone is friendly and you feel right at home.
Great Place to work
Domestic Managing Counsel (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 25, 2017
Yum is a great place to work. Some of the leaders "talk the talk but don't walk the walk" but the overall feel is upbeat and business like. This is a place you can work for decades.
Pros
Cons
A little infighting.
a cog in the machine
General Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 15, 2017
While I enjoyed the overall experience and felt valued in the company it is impossible to escape the reality that you are one in a company of many. YUM is a very large organization and it is impossible to not to be reminded of that daily
would prefer not to
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKMay 8, 2017
get to work and make sure night crew has actually done their job. have a assistant on a power trip. hardest to deal with is don't know how day to day is going to be. I love my co workers they are great
Pros
love my co workers
Cons
no benifits
Top-notch
KFC Engineering Operations Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 23, 2017
Amazing company culture and communication! There is great recognition of hard work by employees. I had visibility to the impacts of my projects and was able to understand other projects going on around me.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, free snacks
employees help make it a great work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 13, 2017
Employees are awesome and make the place an okay place to work. Some management is great and other not so great and don't treat all employees the same. Need more benefits for long term full time employees and incentives.
The culture of the company is great
Supply Chain Management Leader (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 22, 2017
Very fun place to work, The Latin American Division has a great Lat America culture which allowed a rapid onboard, multi-country and cross team responsibilities allowed to build a business acumen that no other company may offer
Pros
Great Company To learn
Cons
low opportunities to growth
Constantly Evolving
Area Coach (Current Employee) –  Southeast, MichiganMarch 13, 2017
Culture is not what is promised. Work/life balance is not existent. Hardest part of the job is the non-existent training and the inability to see changes in industry coming.
Yum! Brands is a cool org. with great people but could use more culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2017
I loved working for Yum! Brands. They were my introduction to working as an engineer in the field. The only problem I ever faced was being bored because I finished my work very quickly and was never given any projects even when I asked for more work. I think it is a great place to work and most people would enjoy the casual lifestyle.
Pros
Big company with nice people
Cons
Work is easy so you might get bored.
Productive and fun workplace
Franchise Accounting Analyst for the Control Team (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to work,many wonderful benefits. Great people to work with. Fast paced environment. Constant opportunities to increase your knowledge and progress within the company. Many clubs you can join and classes you can attend within the building.
Amazing company, boss and work experience.
Global Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 11, 2017
An experience I will never forget. The most amazing experience of a lifetime. I will forever miss working for Pizza Hut International and being a part of the Yum! Brands team.
Pros
International travel
Challenging and rewarding
Restaurant General Manger (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Great Company to work for. Audit and evaluate staff development and training programs for compliance with corporate and facility policies and procedures, contract and applicable statutes, standards and regulations. Ensure success of all new menu item roll-out.
Pros
pay
Cons
employees
OK for someone entering the job world
Sr. Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2017
The most peculiar work culture I ever observed. Annual reviews are done by your peers rating you, your manager has nothing to do with it, and all it takes is one anonymous person to rate you poorly in one small area and you are ruined. Everyone must go through store training, I was almost completed with it and the new President decided everyone should start all over. I was right back to square one with the store training, and had just attended it. This "start all over" idea had to have been discussed long before implementation, but telling those currently attending store training to "hold off and wait for an announcement" never happened. Tried to voice my concern for this and was heavily persecuted by HR. If I was fresh out of college, I would say work here a few years to get some history going, but get the heck out as soon as you can find work outside. Not a keeper job.
Pros
Occasional social events that are nice.
Cons
Nasty job culture
A company to learn every day
Manager Global Food Innovation and Technology (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 30, 2017
The culture in this company is one of the best thing, the people recognize the effort and my job. The company believe in you.
Every day in my job is different, working in a high cross functional team.
Fun place to work. Alway given the tools you needed to work with
Sr. Manager Hardware Services (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2017
At YUM! Brands we worked hard, but we also scheduled time off of outside work events.
At YUM I instructed my employees to never take a problem home. They were to come with me with it or write it down and leave in their desk. My door was always open.
My desk was cleared off before I left.
I hired over 35 people when Pizza Hut moved to Louisville, Ky. Today more then 25 of those people are still working at Yum! Brands.
Pros
Fee lunches, Company outings, parties.
Cons
not many confor me
A company that provides great development and support
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2017
This company lives a recognition culture and recognizes the importance of developing employees. Every manager I had was very flexible and supportive of getting me the experience I needed. The whole benefits package is great. The work is demanding, but that's to be expected at any corporation.
Pros
Great benefits and flexibility
Great Recognition Culture
Channel and Technology Manager, Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 20, 2017
Recognition is a must at Yum! Brands. Everyone is encouraged to develop their own personal recognition award and recognize both the big and the small efforts. Some are serious and others whimsical but recognition is a significant part of the culture.
Pros
Nice building, onsite day care, fitness center and dining center. Many employee discounts.
Cons
Work/life balance can be demanding are hard to maintain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YUM! Brands, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.