YUM! Brands, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed working at Yum Brands
Franchise Growth Leader/Franchise Business Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2016
I started as a Assistant Manager and move up to a Franchise Growth Leader. I had lots of opportunity to move up. I worked with Yum Brands for Twenty Two years
Pros
upward mobility
Cons
Very large company
Different work environment
Lead - Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2016
Work as you wish and make sure you finish the job, as long as the job is done nobody bothers what are you upto. One of the coolest work cultures
Great place to work, very friendly and helpful people to work with.
Data Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed working there and learned alot about the restaurant business. Great family orientated group of people, Everyone including management willing to help with any questions or issues I had. It was a temporay job, but was very proud to be a part of this team for the time I was.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Temporay position
Its a good company with lots of room to improve.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2016
It is a descent company. 50 - 60 hour per week. Life work balance could be challenging. Company are making effort to improve, however the deeply rooted culture from the field itself could prove to be a challenge for the company to improve overall.
annoying boss but the rest was ok
co worker (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKApril 7, 2016
love my co workers
the hardest part was the boss being down my throat for no reason and no doing her job
the best par was when the boss didn't show an i can do my job
Pros
free food
Excellent Company
Exec. Assist. to VP/GM & Dir. of National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I was proud to be apart of such and excellent organization. Wonderful people, wonderful benefits and perks. Was a positive experience in my life.
Great Organization
Market Coach Northern California Region (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Managed and maintained full responsibility for one of taco Bell's largest markets with upwards of 70 restaurants and $75 MM in sales.
Provided leadership and coaching to seven regional managers, 140 managers and over 1200 associates.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
limited growth opprtunity after selling corporate stores to franchisses
YUM is a great place to work
Area Coach (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is I would visit 2 restaurants. I spend time with the management team and staff making it a great place to work. I go at different times throughout the day to see how the business is running. Overall, I love my role that I do and that is because of the people.
Very disappointed
Area coach (Former Employee) –  Washington stateDecember 14, 2015
I worked 17 years for this company and they said put people first but in reality its not. The company first and people are replaceable
Pros
Cons
Don't believe in people like they say they do
Ok place to work
Area Coach (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXDecember 5, 2015
Decent salary and benefits. However Work-Life balance is a joke. Your phone literally never stops going off. Senior management has changed 3 times in the last three years. Company has sales decline in those three years. Too many changes, no stability.
Great organization!
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 24, 2015
Work/life balance is incredible! Very impressed with the decision-making -- always keeping the employees informed.
Pros
Work/life balance, compensation
Cons
No pension benefits
Productuve and fun place to work!
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 24, 2015
This is a top-notch organization that cares about its employees. The culture is amazing and they encourage recognition with every opportunity. The atmosphere is easy going and fun! You really feel like you're making a difference in the lives of others -- REWARDING JOB!!!!
Pros
Work-life balance, compensation, culture
Cons
a few politics, but not emough to change my mind about the organization
The culture is the best!
Sr. Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2015
Yum! Walks the Talk with their culture! All the good things you have heard about the culture are true! Give me a Y! Give me an U! Give me an M!
Great culture - family company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 21, 2015
I loved working here for the years I was employed. Lots of fun events, rallies, team events and training. I learned my work ethic from this company. We work hard and played hard. I miss my TB family and I'm still friends with many. Long hours, work life balance is tough. The more money you want to make the more responsibilities you need to take on. But there are only so many hours in a day. My heart will always belong to Taco Bell.
Pros
Great strong company
Cons
Heavy work load
Productive and room to grow
Office Mgr,Exec. Assistant,Event & Project Coor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 16, 2015
Very supportive management and great team. Medium size office 50+ employees, very cultural, family oriented, and fun to work. Not all about the number. Lots of family events and workshops for kids.
Very supported to the Red Cross and others fundation.
Pros
Free lunch and family activities
Cons
company reorganization
Great place to work - No work life balance
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  DetroitOctober 7, 2015
The culture and direction YUM brands is going is top notch. This is a great career for anyone who wants to learn and throw themselves into their career.
Work Life balance is a challenge
Stable Company
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 2, 2015
Yum!Brands is a stable company. The work is rather strenuous at times as attempting to train diverse personalities can at times be difficult. Employee turn over is rather high in this industry so training can at times be extremely repetitive.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Hard work for moderate pay.
Fun place to work, but not for the career driven employee.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2015
The atmosphere is great, very exciting, the employees are all amazing and love their jobs. The managers are a bit too relaxed and it makes it difficult to stand out and be noticed. The work was not very challenging and was very easy to learn. I would recommend this place to anyone that doesn't mind a more time consuming pace to reach the executive team.
Pros
Fun and exciting atmosphere.
Cons
Managers not very attentive.
Productive and fun work place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2015
I started out at Pizza Hut (Yum Brand) in 5-15-2012. I just wrap up my G.E.D. certificate and needed a job. When I started out as a driver my first day was excited. I quickly became the leader in the delivery field at my location. After that, I gradually became a more dependent driver with my intelligence an education. My hard work showed off and, I received more responsibility at the store being a leader. I'm a proud to be thankful for the management team at my job who guided me through my fist couple of months at the job. The most enjoyable part is to be paid for my driving.
Pros
Half off for luch
Cons
Need more benfits
Great work environmnet
Staffing Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 2, 2015
Yum! has a great work environment and is constantly looking to improve based on feedback. I had the opportunity to do various positions from leadership to training and human relations.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Work at home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YUM! Brands, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

YUM! Brands, Inc. Reviews by Location