Yuma Regional Medical Center

Yuma Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Wonderful place to be employed!
Volunteer (Current Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 7, 2015
I love being a part of Yuma Regional Medical Center. It is an awesome place to volunteer and I learn something new there everyday.
stimulating, as only hospital in the city it has a very wide client base.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great staff, good benefits. good programs
Cons: winters can be crazy, a few bad apples
The unit I worked on was labeled tele/obs but it was more than that, especially in the winter. This is the only hospital in Yuma, Arizona and the population in Yuma more than doubles when winter comes to the rest of North America as Yuma might have some chilly nights but generally the highs are in the 60-70's. Because of the influx of winter visitors emergency room gets slammed with patients that have no primary care physician. The warm weather also welcomes the homeless, many of whom have psychiatric issues so during the winter season the tele/obs floor becomes a med/tele/psych/detox/obs/inpatient floor. A typical day has you admitting and discharging multiple patients. at times having multiple full team turn arounds. The hospitalists are just as busy as the nursing staff so it is important to stay vigilant in regard to lab results etc because the doctors are counting on the nursing staff to catch any abnormal results. It was also necessary to stay on top of doctors for orders that are needed, especially when the hospital went live with EPIC and some orders were no longer automatic. Such as when a patient was admitted to tele/obs they were not placed on telemetry without a telemetry order. I don't know why the box wasn't check marked when the admit was for a telemetry bed. When the winter visitors are scheduled to arrive the winter staff is scheduled to arrive. These are either Travel staff or Winter Workers and are generally the same staff that come back year after year and all are happy to see familiar faces. The staff there are great. All are willing to give a helping hand – more... when asked. The most enjoyable part of my job was the job, the taking care of the patients. I loved working with other team members to ensure my patients received the best care possible. I loved floating to other floors. Hospital management take the responsibility of being the only hospital in that corner of the state seriously. Leading specialists have be brought into the city and treatment centers, such as the cardiac and oncology centers are cutting edge. Many hospitals have tuition reimbursement but I was impressed by the attitude at this hospital where so many of the staff took advantage of the program and helped each other out with classes. It was great to see people come in to start work at the hospital in entry level positions with few English speaking skills and slowly work their way up through the junior college to get their RN and be in the BSN programs. I have only one negative to say about my stay there. I think that directors should have to answer to someone especially when the medical director's response when discussing this person is "stay away from her". I have had two surgeries at YRMC and I think it is a good hospital to be a patient in and a good hospital to work in. – less
Programmer/Analyst Consultant (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great place to work, great benefits, chance to advance.
Cons: management needs work
I enjoyed working at YRMC, very challenging, and plenty of work. It will challenge you.
Productive workplace
Nutrition, Tray Passer (Former Employee), Yuma, AZDecember 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
I loved working at the hospital. I loved my patients. The work environment. My coworkers were great people, we worked as a team and managed to get through everyday without a struggle.
I learned so much and I'm extremely grateful.
Great Learning experience
ER Volunteer (Former Employee), Yuma AzNovember 28, 2014
Learned so much from my time on the floor both as a student and a nurse extern. The staff is always helpful and the skills I learned will help me throughout my career
Enjoyable and Peaceful workplace
Gift Shop Volunteer (Current Employee), Yuma, AZNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work is waiting patiently for customers and greeting them. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing or interacting with customers and providing them with their necessities.
Great staff
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Yuma, AZNovember 10, 2014
Awesome co-workers. Great family-environment lab. Very accommodating/ fantastic supervisor.
Nice place to work
Gnereal laborer (Former Employee), Yuma, AZNovember 3, 2014
We built roof trusses all day nice paced job. We got the right amount time for breaks and I enjoyed working there.
Love this Hospital
Customer Service Representative/Scheduler (Former Employee), Yuma, AZOctober 15, 2014
Loved this job! Not one thing bad to say about it. Miss the people and the work!
Reimbursement Analyst
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee), Yuma, AZOctober 6, 2014
Pros: loved establishing the job and seeing how much missed revenue i brought back in to the hospital
Cons: having to leave the job to relocate to nc
I was hired to develop a position. This was a position the hospital felt might be warranted, but had no guidelines, no policies/procedures or anything to go with. The basics I was given were these: the hospital thought they may not be recovering all the funds they were due and wanted me to find out if it was correct. In short, I worked there for a year before having to move to NC. In that time I recovered nearly $1 million in funds that were underpaid according to contracts, denials and unbilled/mis-billed charges. I developed guidelines, policies, procedures and regular meeting protocols to meet with the CFO and COO.
Nice place to work
Laboratory Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 2, 2014
The employees are very nice, great place to learn more and advance. Being detailed, organized and being able to multi-task are key in this fast paced job.
Discharge Planning
Case Manager (Current Employee), yuma azJuly 22, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: sometimes too busy
Busy place, friendly staff. Discharge planning, utilization review. arranging post follow up care for patients.
Great pay and benefits package. Decreasing nurse to pt ratios.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 16, 2014
If you can work here, you can work anywhere! Great education for the position you will be working. Decreasing nurse to pt ratios. You will will work hard every and all of your 12 hour shifts.
Fun, fast paced and challenging work place with great teamwork
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: winter season was hard to keep up with the work demands due to high pt census
I had a great time working at YRMC. The hospital challenged me to give excellent quality care at a fast pace. The ER really kept me on my toes. The staff (RT, Physicians, RN, etc.) all work greatly together with mutual respect.
Great
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 18, 2014
Everything is great, I learn so much and my co-workers are awesome.
Loved this job!
Lab Information Support Specialist (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great leadership, positive work environment
I was learning something new everyday. I had the best supervisor and department manager.
interesting and enjoyable to work with them
Point of Care Volunteer at Laboratory (Current Employee), Yuma, Az.January 21, 2014
Since i only do volunteer, i have work every Friday from 9 am to 1 pm. I have learned on laboratory office and data. The management are friendly and approachable. My co- workers are nice and approachable. I don't see any hardship in terms of works and following directions because i am good and excellent and you can ask my supervisor for my performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing the data.
Working for a hospital was an enjoyable experience
Contracted EPIC Trainer (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJanuary 8, 2014
The staff was wonderful the cultivated culture embraced a team concept which was conducive to a cohesive environment.
Cutting Edge Medicine being practiced with great team participation throughout.Typical day
Floor Nurse, Resource Nurse, Grd Precept, Mentor (Former Employee), Yuma, AZNovember 30, 2013
My typical work started with educationg my self with the patient conditions on the floor and the staff that were scheduled with me. As a charge nurse and a floor nurse, I felt this was a vital step in the preparation of my shift. Having working with many coworkers for ling periods of time I was able to bank the knowledge of many staffs strengths and weaknesses. Just prior to arriving on the floor for shift change, our shift huddled. A quick 5 min briefing of what was going on, on the unit and the opprotunity for stafff to voice any concerns they may have had with the staffing, or their level of skill against their documented assignment. Most often changes were made, and made with all in agreement. That piece of being able to vocalize concerns prior to hitting the floor was vital in the productivity and moral of the shift as a whole. I have learned a vast bank of knowledge both professional and interpersonal, having the closeness of a unit atmosphere. The medical resources each individual brings to the table are so diverse, the wealth of knowledge from just exploited experience exchanges is wonderful. Then on top of all that, continuing education, provided by the facility was tops. The goal was to become a cutting edge, knowledgable facilty. For that to happen, the staff has to be educated ten fold. The opprotunities to learn were vast and well taken advantage of by all. My interaction with management was minimal one on one, with the exception of my unit director.
Fun work place
Environmental Services (Current Employee), Yuma, AZNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good pay and vacation time
Cons: always busy
This is a great place they work they offer many great things to employees. Great pay.

1 2 3

About Yuma Regional Medical Center

Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is an acute care hospital that provides medical services for Yuma, Arizona, and its surrounding – Read more

Yuma Regional Medical Center Salaries