Yuma Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

At one time great place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 14, 2017
Serves an excllent community but leadership has created a culture of cut throat and lies. Hopefully finds true north not only with patient care but employees and also leadership. Been through 4.CEO's and 5 reorganizations, and worst culture seen in all changes. Takes all to sail ship and complete the journey
Very Easy Job
Tray Pass Aide (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 3, 2017
Getting food trays ready for patients, delivering trays to each room and picking them up about an hour later. during down time, helping cooks, dishwashers and other coworkers with anything they need help with.
Pros
very easy, working with a team
Cons
on your feet all day
Great place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 28, 2017
Having been on the staff for 12 years this was an very pleasant environment to work for, great people are on this team and I had a blast being part of it.
Closer to home and family
CPE Resident (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 23, 2017
Busy
Unexpected event that require attention
Do not have the support from other department
Lack of team spirit
Do not support family values
Favoritism amongst the leaders
Pros
Creditation with ACPE
Cons
Unclear tasks and responsibilities
This place is a hole. Stay away if you value your license
RN (Former Employee) –  Emergency RoomApril 19, 2017
I don't normally work travel contract (I'm an RN), but a few years ago was forced to when I wrecked my car and needed some quick money.
I took a 13 week contract at Yuma.
WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE.
The doctors own the hospital, they couldn't care less how long patients wait, and they treat nurses like cattle. Once patients are admitted, it's typically a 12 hour wait for a floor bed. Since it's the ONLY hospital for 2 hours drive in any direction, the people in the area are FORCED to go there.
About 2 weeks into the contract I commented on a FB post, and people in Yuma didn't like what I had to say. Enough people didn't like it that they complained to the Medical Center, thinking I worked there (I didn't mention who I worked for, but they assumed)...
Within 8 hours, my contract was cancelled. But that wasn't the worst of it.
They released my NAME AND CONTACT INFO TO A REPORTER, who immediately wrote an online "expose" on me.
I quickly found myself unemployed by my regular job as the "expose" found its way to AZCentral.
Right to work state, they don't need a reason to fire you... except they don't like the fact that you have freedom of speech.
I understand THEY had the right to fire me... but they did one better. They TRIED TO RUIN MY CAREER.
They TRIED TO DESTROY MY ABILITY TO GET A JOB ANYWHERE, FOREVER.
Watch your back if you're considering working there for a single second.
You may find it's the last time you work...
ANYWHERE.
Pros
Cons
being unemployed
Relaxing Place to Work
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 19, 2017
Compensation encourages stagnation. Summers are HOT, but winters are nice. Mgmt is working to turn things around, and on pace to do so. All in all, it's worth looking at. A few of the leaders are completely incompetent, but you could spot them in an interview. The nursing leaders are all good. Most leaders are pretty good! Only hospital in town. Most of the hospital is pretty new and the staff is fun to work with.
productive place to work
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 18, 2017
The days are long 12 hrs and if you have a ( lazy) Nurse it makes your day harder, because while your in a room caring for a patient, giving a bath, toileting them, drawing blood or taking pictures for wound documentation and you exit that room to find the nurse is sitting at the nurses station while you have three light flashing because those patients need something too. Don't get me wrong there are some great nurses who jump up and help. but there are those few that make your day hard.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85364March 8, 2017
Friendly staff and admin. Every day is making a difference in peoples' lives. Least enjoyable is overload of paperwork. I've learned to people are more concern with how much you care more than how much knowledge you possess.
Horrible hospital for staff patients and families
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 7, 2017
This was the worst places I have ever been employed, and I have worked as an RN at several hospitals in numerous states. The ER is a joke! New grad nurses are hired and poorly trained then allowed to be on their own to take care of patients and at times perform "life saving techniques" without supervision. The physicians for the most part are lazy and have some of the worst attitudes I have ever witnessed. They couldn't care about patients and leave it up to these brand new nurses to recognize when a patient is deteriorating.

Management is a whole other issue. It's a disaster! Most of the management is more worried about their friends and taking lunch breaks than their staff. The level of unprofessionalism is astounding. If you stand up for yourself or aren't a "suck up" then you will most definitely be targeted. They ignore real issues with employees but will easily write someone up for some ridiculous charting error. I have never witnessed gossip and high school drama anywhere like I did at YRMC.

If you were forced to work at this hospital I would never recommend anyone to work in the ER. You're putting your license and sanity at risk. They can lie about changes that are being made to better the environment and staffing issues but it will never change. You can build a new ER and make claims to improving patient to nurse ratios and staff attitudes and behaviors but bottom line is if you don't hold people accountable and set an example as a professional nothing will ever be improved.

Please don't ever work at this place or take ANYONE you care about to that ER!
Pros
Some staff members are amazing
Cons
Short if any breaks, horrible physicians and management, incompetent people, gossiping type attitudes
Worst leadership and management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 4, 2017
I worked for YRMC at Family Medicine Clinic. Loved working there!! Providers were great!!

Worst part was Leadership and Management! No professionalism, no respect, too much gossip and bullying from Management. Communicated to HR several times about situations with management and no actions were ever taken.

Co-workers- Immature, not team player's, disrespectful.
Cons
Worst managent
Staff
Travel Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85364February 21, 2017
Orientation is excellent and you are made to feel at home with the area. Staffing and scheduling is fair according to patient load. Staff is very friendly.
What I learned
Corporate Compliance Internship (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 6, 2017
This job was challenging at first but because this is what i am majoring in i enjoyed every minute about. I learned so much by the amazing staff i had.
Pros
friendly
Cons
no cons
Family
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 1, 2017
Everyone here was like a family. From management to coworkers this was an amazing place to work at with great benefits. Everything was amazing here. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Excellent
Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 25, 2017
This was an in hospital based midwifery practice with 3 other midwives. We worked with primarily Spanish speaking only women; uninsured or underinsured. The working relationships were excellent
Pros
Wonderful collegial relationships
Poor wages and bad benefits
Technical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 22, 2017
No place to sit because there are not enough chairs for employees, staff call in sick all the time from all shifts. No teamwork. No management, literally, no supervisor, no director. Utter chaos. Not to mention the pay is well below national average, regardless of your educational background or years of experience. If you can get a job some place else, DO IT.
I love working there.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Everyone is so friendly and dedicated to their jobs, place is always so nice and clean, make you feel safe to be taking care off, food taste amazing and have really good prices.
Great Place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85364August 1, 2016
My job had to do with helping patients feel welcomed in to the ER. I summit the insurance information when they where admitted into the ER. It was a great place to work..
Cons
long hours but very rewarding
Clinical Associate
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 10, 2016
It's a great stepping stone to figure out if the medical field is for you. If you want to be a nurse in Yuma the hospital is great place to start out.
Pros
Great entry level position into the medical field.
Cons
Can be very physically demanding.
worse than a dog kennel
RN med-surg (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 4, 2016
I was sickened how low the medical field standard of care would go. If you want to give the least quality and most unsafe care and get sucked into staff issues this is the place to work. The issues are too many to list. Since the town attracts such a transient population it's very unstable....it's like a grand urgent care observation situation and very unstable community as well. I would never put my license on the line for a place that is run like this as it's a risk beyond my comfort level. I left shift and never went back next day. Moved as fast as I could back to prior job.
Pros
never a shortage of patients-with or without insurance
Cons
too many to speak of-hostile and risky comes to mind
good experience
Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 6, 2016
I worked there as a seasonal it was a really good experience. I really enjoy working there even though the charge nurse would be rude sometimes.
Cons
charge nurse was rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yuma Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Yuma Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location