Yuma Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great to get out there and give back to the community
Volunteer Work (Drive for supplies) (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time volunteering and would recommend this organization to anyone who wants to dedicate some hours for a good cause.
stimulating, as only hospital in the city it has a very wide client base.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 8, 2015
The unit I worked on was labeled tele/obs but it was more than that, especially in the winter. This is the only hospital in Yuma, Arizona and the population in Yuma more than doubles when winter comes to the rest of North America as Yuma might have some chilly nights but generally the highs are in the 60-70's. Because of the influx of winter visitors emergency room gets slammed with patients that have no primary care physician. The warm weather also welcomes the homeless, many of whom have psychiatric issues so during the winter season the tele/obs floor becomes a med/tele/psych/detox/obs/inpatient floor. A typical day has you admitting and discharging multiple patients. at times having multiple full team turn arounds. The hospitalists are just as busy as the nursing staff so it is important to stay vigilant in regard to lab results etc because the doctors are counting on the nursing staff to catch any abnormal results. It was also necessary to stay on top of doctors for orders that are needed, especially when the hospital went live with EPIC and some orders were no longer automatic. Such as when a patient was admitted to tele/obs they were not placed on telemetry without a telemetry order. I don't know why the box wasn't check marked when the admit was for a telemetry bed. When the winter visitors are scheduled to arrive the winter staff is scheduled to arrive. These are either Travel staff or Winter Workers and are generally the same staff that come back year after year and all are happy to see familiar faces. The staff there are great. All are willing to give a helping hand  more... when asked. The most enjoyable part of my job was the job, the taking care of the patients. I loved working with other team members to ensure my patients received the best care possible. I loved floating to other floors. Hospital management take the responsibility of being the only hospital in that corner of the state seriously. Leading specialists have be brought into the city and treatment centers, such as the cardiac and oncology centers are cutting edge. Many hospitals have tuition reimbursement but I was impressed by the attitude at this hospital where so many of the staff took advantage of the program and helped each other out with classes. It was great to see people come in to start work at the hospital in entry level positions with few English speaking skills and slowly work their way up through the junior college to get their RN and be in the BSN programs. I have only one negative to say about my stay there. I think that directors should have to answer to someone especially when the medical director's response when discussing this person is "stay away from her". I have had two surgeries at YRMC and I think it is a good hospital to be a patient in and a good hospital to work in.  less
Pros
great staff, good benefits. good programs
Cons
winters can be crazy, a few bad apples
Fast paced and enjoayable work place.
Cafe Aide (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 1, 2015
Working at YRMC was a great learning experience. Getting to work with both patients and YRMC staff gave me the opportunity to learn how to handle different customers, and taught me that there are ways to approach people who may not be in the best of moods. The hardest part of the job was having patients who weren't doing well. The most enjoyable part was getting to make their day a little better by making them smile somehow.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
Mandatory breaks.
Great fun atmosphere
Education Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 8, 2015
I can only say this from the HR perspective. The HR team works really well together. I was there for a short year, but the camaraderie was excellent!
Pros
Great work environment
work with no stress
Warehouse Representative (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AzJuly 3, 2013
A typical day of work. Come in at 6 a.m. start on the department orders for their omnicells, then have them delivered and stocked away by 10 or 10:30 a.m. At this job I learned time management in another direction how to operate and maintain maintenance on an Omnicell. Co-workers were all guys and good working environment, but the supervision and director were not the best at handling stressful situation or to go for direction at times. The hardest part of the job was time management and completely tasked hospital projects on top ones daily work duties as well. Overall the job was very enjoyable because of the environment and the people you have working with you.
very educational
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed helping those in need and learning new things. It is a great place to explore the medical field. It is a nice place to work.
ambitious and hard worker
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  yuma AZApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work is patient care, we see about 150 patients a day and assist with all procedures.
I have learned a lot in medical terms, and medication
The managment is improving
My co-workes are very hard working and awesome people to work with.
The hardest part of the job is making sure we administer the correct medication to patient and updating their medication list
Is I can get to put a smile on my patients face
Pros
Felixable
Cons
Mangament
Reimbursement Analyst
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 6, 2014
I was hired to develop a position. This was a position the hospital felt might be warranted, but had no guidelines, no policies/procedures or anything to go with. The basics I was given were these: the hospital thought they may not be recovering all the funds they were due and wanted me to find out if it was correct. In short, I worked there for a year before having to move to NC. In that time I recovered nearly $1 million in funds that were underpaid according to contracts, denials and unbilled/mis-billed charges. I developed guidelines, policies, procedures and regular meeting protocols to meet with the CFO and COO.
Pros
loved establishing the job and seeing how much missed revenue i brought back in to the hospital
Cons
having to leave the job to relocate to nc
productive workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 6, 2013
I was a volenteer at YRMC so a typical workday for me was filling paperwork, answering phones, pushing wheelchairs, working at the giftshop, pretty much anywhere i was needed. I learned alot about healthcare and people, the management was very nice and helped with any problems or concerns i had. The hardest part of my job was probably seeing people suffer since it was at a hospital but as soon as i could do anything to help wether it was take them to were they needed to be or point them in the right direction it felt good.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
seeing people in pain
Good place to work for awhile
EVS Aide (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 1, 2013
Its a good place to work if you want to just work. There isnt much if any room for advancement and stability. They hire you as a PRN and then they let you go for a few months.
Pros
Cons
no advancement.
A Great Place to Work
Patient Attendant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 9, 2012
Working at the hospital is great for me because it does not feel like work. It feels like family caring for one another. I have learned about caring for myself now, so that some medical issues may not affect me. I have learned great amount about taking medications the correct way. I have also learned how to know what to do for a patient in distress; not breathing or heart attack. The hardest part of the job is not being able to calm the patient. The best part is leaving a patient with a smile on their face and when they ask you to come back again. I love my co-workers they are willing to help you with a patient. I really hope I don't lose this position, I want to retire from YRMC.
Pros
all the coffee and pizza you can drink or eat. the free holiday meals are great too.
Cons
i would love an hour break. but the patients needs are first.
Changes, changes, changes
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 9, 2015
Edix and Spheris became one and the same, with many many changes that cost the transcriptionists valuable time and money. Time is money when transcribing.
Pros
worked independently
Cons
many, many changes
great place to work with friendly people.
Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 10, 2013
I work in diagnostic imaging and am a imaging specialist performing both diagnostic radiologic and mammographic procedures. A typical day at work may include me being in the ER performing trauma radiographs all the way to assisting with a C-Arm in surgery to fluoroscopic procedures including myelograms, GI studies, and swallow studies all in one day. I like the variety of performing all different types of procedures that diagnostic imaging offers and meeting and assisting many patients with their procedures. I also specialize in mammography and perform both screening and diagnostic work ups. I am also skilled in special procedures of the breast including needle localizations and ductography.
interesting and enjoyable to work with them
Point of Care Volunteer at Laboratory (Current Employee) –  Yuma, Az.January 21, 2014
Since i only do volunteer, i have work every Friday from 9 am to 1 pm. I have learned on laboratory office and data. The management are friendly and approachable. My co- workers are nice and approachable. I don't see any hardship in terms of works and following directions because i am good and excellent and you can ask my supervisor for my performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing the data.
Very productive work place
Management Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 28, 2012
Making copies, attending meetings, minutes/note taking, screening inbound and outbound telephone calls, using multi telephone lines with and without wireless headset, typing policies and procedures, data entry, filing confidential personnel records, inventory and ordering supplies, setting up interviews, arranging meetings and travel request, time keeping/payroll, separating and opening mail for director, along with all other duties as assigned. Work independently. Support to eight supervisors, the director and over one hundred staff members.
Use Microsoft office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.);
Windows and Web navigation
Excellent Work Environment
Biomedical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 13, 2013
My experience at Yuma Regional Medical Center was a true pleasure. Day to day work varied and was always enjoyable. I learned how to calibrate and repair a variety of biomedical systems including ECGs, Electrosurgical Cutters, Syringe Pumps, etc. The head of the department was extremely helpful and presented many opportunities for me to assist and network with service representatives from outside companies. It was truly enjoyable to work in a hospital environment and would highly recommend working at this center.
Pros
flexible hours, funny/respectful personnel, variety in work
Hard to work in conditions.
C.N.A. - Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 6, 2015
Needs to concentrate more on patient care and let personal issues go. They are minute compared to the job at hand. Accept people when they are good at a task, and not be negative towards what a person can do. If someone does not understand something? You teach them in a different way, not accuse them of trying to talk their way out of something. How does that benefit the patients? It doesn't!
Check yourself at the door no just for patients sake, but for the ability to work with co-workers as well so your personal dislikes don't stop one another from working together for the sake of patient care.

A typical day at work is taking care of 13-14 patients at once. The phones we had with us to call each other when needed was not always working or they never answered when needed. The management at the time was poor. If a negative situation happened between two employees, the supervisor would send one the persons to the other to talk it out with no supervision of the conversation. She never did her job correctly as a manager should have. There were many glitches in the EPIC system, and tech support was no help. I would sign in to my name and many times someone else would pop up. I unfortunately never realized it until too late. It would show my name when I signed in, then the computer changed to someone else's account . I tried many times reporting this, and got told that nothing can be done about this issue unless more then one person complains of a similar problem. They need to correct this line of thought.

On this Job, I did learn phlebotomy, how to remove IV's, Folley's, and
  more... take stool/urine samples. I also learned how to do finger sticks which is checking the glucose levels of a patient. I learned how to transport a patient from wheel chair to bed, gurney to bed, and the different ways to transport a patient from bed to bed.
There was also lunch breaks where I've had to watch the whole floor as a CNA while other CNA's went on break. A whole floor can count up to 30 patients. The hardest part was dealing with malfunctioned phones when communication was needed, dealing with uncooperative co-workers when help was needed, and having others disappear on you when after they said they could help you.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually the patients, and lunch breaks. I also loved phlebotomy, and documenting. I also had learned many other skills while working there. I never got to turn in my skills check list, but I have learned these skills as mentioned and singed off on them.
Pros
It paied 10.50 almost right off the bat.
Cons
Lots of unsolved issues.
a typical night at yrmc
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 8, 2013
Comfortable working both independently or on a team, great communication skills, I am able to convey medical concepts to patients using layman's terms to facilitate comprehension. Able to initiate manage and discontinue mechanical ventilation, oxygenation, rapid trouble shooting skills, recommend establish deliver and discontinue treatment modalities. Experienced with intubation and extubation. Quickly pick up new modalities in care. Proficient in Arterial Blood Gas analysis and decision making skills based on results.
Emergency room, ICU, Floors...
Great pay and benefits package. Decreasing nurse to pt ratios.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 16, 2014
If you can work here, you can work anywhere! Great education for the position you will be working. Decreasing nurse to pt ratios. You will will work hard every and all of your 12 hour shifts.
overall experience
Tray Aide Passer (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 7, 2012
My job is an as needed position but there is a part time or full time position opening up and when asked if I could apply for it I was told no because I am not full time or part time employee even though I have the qualifications it is based on seniority. The overall place is a good enviroment so far but not being to advance within a company that is based on length of time is not a good way to conduct business that is why they have such a high rate of employees quiting.

Yuma Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location