Yuma Regional Medical Center

Yuma Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

It was a great experience working there.
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Yuma,AZSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: i was free sodas or many deserts
Cons: i had a short recess, but it was a enough time
I learned how to use the cash register, and help clients to provide excellent service. Sharing time with my co-workers and make it easier to work for better performance.
It was a fun experience.
Ring up sales, returns or exchanges (Current Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 25, 2013
Fun experience and glad that I did it. It kept me busy and was able to learn a lot of skills that I did not know
Very busy
Plant Operator (Current Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 22, 2013
Review equipment systems via/ EMS systems

The most enjoyable is working with diffrent people and design of equipment.
Work in the O.R
Certified surgical technologist (Current Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: double call back
Cons: always on the go
Not many people can say that they LOVE their job and what they do. Thankfully, I can. I enjoy what I do. I get to help people, save lives, learn something new every single day. It's awesome! The O.R is a very fast paced working enviornment. I am constantly moving and trying to stay a few steps ahead. The hardest part about my job is anticipation. I constantly have to try to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and all other O.R staff around me.
Respectful staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 20, 2013
Pros: good staff relations
Cons: not enough time spent on the recognition of the night staff
Believe it or not this hospital has a lot to offer any staff that wants to have a job that will last. The company has issues like all medical associations today with on ever changing field of medicine but these folks treat their staff right.
a typical night at yrmc
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 8, 2013
Comfortable working both independently or on a team, great communication skills, I am able to convey medical concepts to patients using layman's terms to facilitate comprehension. Able to initiate manage and discontinue mechanical ventilation, oxygenation, rapid trouble shooting skills, recommend establish deliver and discontinue treatment modalities. Experienced with intubation and extubation. Quickly pick up new modalities in care. Proficient in Arterial Blood Gas analysis and decision making skills based on results.
Emergency room, ICU, Floors...
productive workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 6, 2013
Pros: learned alot
Cons: seeing people in pain
I was a volenteer at YRMC so a typical workday for me was filling paperwork, answering phones, pushing wheelchairs, working at the giftshop, pretty much anywhere i was needed. I learned alot about healthcare and people, the management was very nice and helped with any problems or concerns i had. The hardest part of my job was probably seeing people suffer since it was at a hospital but as soon as i could do anything to help wether it was take them to were they needed to be or point them in the right direction it felt good.
Really serious
Patient Attendant (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 4, 2013
Helping people was really fun for me. We always had a conversation going on leaving patients satisfied and me happy.
Good place to work for awhile
EVS Aide (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 1, 2013
Pros: long hours
Cons: no advancement.
Its a good place to work if you want to just work. There isnt much if any room for advancement and stability. They hire you as a PRN and then they let you go for a few months.
Great staff, busy ER
Seasonal ER Nurse (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 28, 2013
Pros: great staff, busy
Cons: didn't speak spanish
I was at Yuma as a seasonal staff. I loved it so much I renewed my contract another 13 wks. for a total of 26 wks there. I loved it. It was very busy there and had a lot of great cases. My biggest regret was that I took French in high school instead of Spanish. We were 20 min. from the border and had mostly spanish speaking people there.
productivity,nice place to work at
dishwasher (Former Employee), yuma azJuly 22, 2013
everyone is nice and people help each other when your behind in your work,benefits are awesome,and when birthdays come around...they celebrate them.
great place to work with friendly people.
Imaging Specialist (Current Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 10, 2013
I work in diagnostic imaging and am a imaging specialist performing both diagnostic radiologic and mammographic procedures. A typical day at work may include me being in the ER performing trauma radiographs all the way to assisting with a C-Arm in surgery to fluoroscopic procedures including myelograms, GI studies, and swallow studies all in one day. I like the variety of performing all different types of procedures that diagnostic imaging offers and meeting and assisting many patients with their procedures. I also specialize in mammography and perform both screening and diagnostic work ups. I am also skilled in special procedures of the breast including needle localizations and ductography.
very easy job
Tray Pass Aide (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 8, 2013
Pros: easy job, low stress
Cons: a lot of walking, 30min lunch
all you have to do is deliver trays to patients, wait about an hour and pick them up when theyre done. for this hour, you are delivering trays to other floors. when theres no trays to deliver, you help out the cooks with anything they need.
work with no stress
Warehouse Representative (Current Employee), Yuma, AzJuly 3, 2013
A typical day of work. Come in at 6 a.m. start on the department orders for their omnicells, then have them delivered and stocked away by 10 or 10:30 a.m. At this job I learned time management in another direction how to operate and maintain maintenance on an Omnicell. Co-workers were all guys and good working environment, but the supervision and director were not the best at handling stressful situation or to go for direction at times. The hardest part of the job was time management and completely tasked hospital projects on top ones daily work duties as well. Overall the job was very enjoyable because of the environment and the people you have working with you.
I was there as a Consultant and it was a great experience.
Surgical Workflow Analyst (Current Employee), Yuma, AZJune 5, 2013
Pros: the end users were so appreciative all that was done to help.
Cons: my time there was too short.
I thought the job was great. I enjoyed the staff and all of the hospital employees. I was able to gain so valuable build experience. My direct supervisor was great to work for.
Patient Registraton ERBO
Patient Registration ERBO (Former Employee), Yuma,AZMay 19, 2013
Pros: good salary
Cons: bad management
I think this is a great place to work. I don't think working at the ER was a great experience but I am sure other departments are good. I didn't like some of my co-workers because they are unfair and because they are selfish. My supervisor was horrible, I didn't like the way she treated me and she was really unfair and rude at times. She doesn't know how to treat people. I don't thin she has good customer service skills. I would like get a full time regular job at the hospital but never again at the ER, Horrible experience. Plus the patient care at the ER is the worst I have ever seen.
real good job
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMay 7, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not home
This was a real good job, I just did not want to work out of state anymore.
Productive place to work. Great co-workers.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 1, 2013
Pros: great hours and people
Cons: lots of call
YRMC was a great place to work. Great people, surgeons and all ancillary staff.
Performance
Patient Account Receivable / Clinical Associate II (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 21, 2013
Pros: i loved my job
Cons: at the time had to many patients for 1 cna on floor
Daily duties as assigned Vital Signs, Phlebotomy, document all information in computer systmem, Triage incoming patients, Admit or Discharge patients, instruct mothe how to perfrom breastfeeding, trained new CNA how to perfrom their duties.
Nice longe for reals.
RCP (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 5, 2013
Pros: good hospital to start with.
Cons: inconsistant work loads
ABG's to run the ABG's was a complicated procedure taking much too long.
ED too busy.
Patient load tremendous.
Hardest part of the job was after 12 hr. shifts 3 days per week having to put in an extra 4 hrs. per week for 40hrs.
As always enjoyed working with the Adults.

About Yuma Regional Medical Center

Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is an acute care hospital that provides medical services for Yuma, Arizona, and its surrounding – Read more