Yuma Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

good place to work (IF)
environmental services (Former Employee) –  yuma azApril 30, 2015
Not a well organized Department. Environmental Services will train you for two days then throw you out there by yourself without the proper training. Besides, we only get two 15 minutes breaks and a 30 minute launch. The management lacks of communication with the staff. The (PAY) is close to minimum wage. Plus, if hired by EVS is not full-time but( PER-DIEM) meaning ( AS NEEDED). If you decide to apply for this job, do not say I did not warned you.
Pros
Benefits if full-time
Cons
pay/ management
ambitious and hard worker
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  yuma AZApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work is patient care, we see about 150 patients a day and assist with all procedures.
I have learned a lot in medical terms, and medication
The managment is improving
My co-workes are very hard working and awesome people to work with.
The hardest part of the job is making sure we administer the correct medication to patient and updating their medication list
Is I can get to put a smile on my patients face
Pros
Felixable
Cons
Mangament
Changes, changes, changes
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 9, 2015
Edix and Spheris became one and the same, with many many changes that cost the transcriptionists valuable time and money. Time is money when transcribing.
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
many, many changes
Wonderful place to be employed!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 7, 2015
I love being a part of Yuma Regional Medical Center. It is an awesome place to volunteer and I learn something new there everyday.
stimulating, as only hospital in the city it has a very wide client base.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 8, 2015
The unit I worked on was labeled tele/obs but it was more than that, especially in the winter. This is the only hospital in Yuma, Arizona and the population in Yuma more than doubles when winter comes to the rest of North America as Yuma might have some chilly nights but generally the highs are in the 60-70's. Because of the influx of winter visitors emergency room gets slammed with patients that have no primary care physician. The warm weather also welcomes the homeless, many of whom have psychiatric issues so during the winter season the tele/obs floor becomes a med/tele/psych/detox/obs/inpatient floor. A typical day has you admitting and discharging multiple patients. at times having multiple full team turn arounds. The hospitalists are just as busy as the nursing staff so it is important to stay vigilant in regard to lab results etc because the doctors are counting on the nursing staff to catch any abnormal results. It was also necessary to stay on top of doctors for orders that are needed, especially when the hospital went live with EPIC and some orders were no longer automatic. Such as when a patient was admitted to tele/obs they were not placed on telemetry without a telemetry order. I don't know why the box wasn't check marked when the admit was for a telemetry bed. When the winter visitors are scheduled to arrive the winter staff is scheduled to arrive. These are either Travel staff or Winter Workers and are generally the same staff that come back year after year and all are happy to see familiar faces. The staff there are great. All are willing to give a helping  more... hand when asked. The most enjoyable part of my job was the job, the taking care of the patients. I loved working with other team members to ensure my patients received the best care possible. I loved floating to other floors. Hospital management take the responsibility of being the only hospital in that corner of the state seriously. Leading specialists have be brought into the city and treatment centers, such as the cardiac and oncology centers are cutting edge. Many hospitals have tuition reimbursement but I was impressed by the attitude at this hospital where so many of the staff took advantage of the program and helped each other out with classes. It was great to see people come in to start work at the hospital in entry level positions with few English speaking skills and slowly work their way up through the junior college to get their RN and be in the BSN programs. I have only one negative to say about my stay there. I think that directors should have to answer to someone especially when the medical director's response when discussing this person is "stay away from her". I have had two surgeries at YRMC and I think it is a good hospital to be a patient in and a good hospital to work in.  less
Pros
Great staff, Good benefits. Good programs
Cons
Winters can be crazy, A few bad apples
Programmer/Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at YRMC, very challenging, and plenty of work. It will challenge you.
Pros
Great place to work, great benefits, chance to advance.
Cons
Management needs work
Productive workplace
Nutrition, Tray Passer (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 15, 2014
I loved working at the hospital. I loved my patients. The work environment. My coworkers were great people, we worked as a team and managed to get through everyday without a struggle.
I learned so much and I'm extremely grateful.
Pros
Good benefits
Great Learning experience
ER Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Yuma AzNovember 28, 2014
Learned so much from my time on the floor both as a student and a nurse extern. The staff is always helpful and the skills I learned will help me throughout my career
Enjoyable and Peaceful workplace
Gift Shop Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work is waiting patiently for customers and greeting them. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing or interacting with customers and providing them with their necessities.
Great staff
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 10, 2014
Awesome co-workers. Great family-environment lab. Very accommodating/ fantastic supervisor.
Nice place to work
Gnereal laborer (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 3, 2014
We built roof trusses all day nice paced job. We got the right amount time for breaks and I enjoyed working there.
Love this Hospital
Customer Service Representative/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 15, 2014
Loved this job! Not one thing bad to say about it. Miss the people and the work!
Reimbursement Analyst
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 6, 2014
I was hired to develop a position. This was a position the hospital felt might be warranted, but had no guidelines, no policies/procedures or anything to go with. The basics I was given were these: the hospital thought they may not be recovering all the funds they were due and wanted me to find out if it was correct. In short, I worked there for a year before having to move to NC. In that time I recovered nearly $1 million in funds that were underpaid according to contracts, denials and unbilled/mis-billed charges. I developed guidelines, policies, procedures and regular meeting protocols to meet with the CFO and COO.
Pros
Loved establishing the job and seeing how much missed revenue I brought back in to the hospital
Cons
Having to leave the job to relocate to NC
Nice place to work
Laboratory Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 2, 2014
The employees are very nice, great place to learn more and advance. Being detailed, organized and being able to multi-task are key in this fast paced job.
Discharge Planning
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  yuma azJuly 22, 2014
Busy place, friendly staff. Discharge planning, utilization review. arranging post follow up care for patients.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
sometimes too busy
Great pay and benefits package. Decreasing nurse to pt ratios.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 16, 2014
If you can work here, you can work anywhere! Great education for the position you will be working. Decreasing nurse to pt ratios. You will will work hard every and all of your 12 hour shifts.
Fun, fast paced and challenging work place with great teamwork
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 14, 2014
I had a great time working at YRMC. The hospital challenged me to give excellent quality care at a fast pace. The ER really kept me on my toes. The staff (RT, Physicians, RN, etc.) all work greatly together with mutual respect.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
winter season was hard to keep up with the work demands due to high pt census
Great
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 18, 2014
Everything is great, I learn so much and my co-workers are awesome.
Loved this job!
Lab Information Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 23, 2014
I was learning something new everyday. I had the best supervisor and department manager.
Pros
great leadership, positive work environment
Cons
interesting and enjoyable to work with them
Point of Care Volunteer at Laboratory (Current Employee) –  Yuma, Az.January 21, 2014
Since i only do volunteer, i have work every Friday from 9 am to 1 pm. I have learned on laboratory office and data. The management are friendly and approachable. My co- workers are nice and approachable. I don't see any hardship in terms of works and following directions because i am good and excellent and you can ask my supervisor for my performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing the data.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yuma Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Yuma Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location