Yuma Regional Medical Center

Yuma Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Poor company to work for
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 6, 2012
I worked there for 5 years and the patient care there has gone down hill in the last year I was there. I was also harassed by two of the older women in my department and I had gone to my supervisor, director and human resources and they did nothing to help me since these two women had been there for 20 plus years.

May 19, 2013

I was a temp/seasonal employee at ERBO. I have a lot of experience and I made some mistakes but that's human. They picked the person with the less experience to stay. Supervisor is not good, I don't think she is pleasant at all and also she picked her favorite. I like the hospital but don't like the supervisor and some of the co-workers. I am sure other departments are better.

Wonderful place to work for team players.
Paramedic Tech (Former Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 3, 2012
I enjoyed working at YRMC, the staff makes any employee feel like a family and not just another employee.
really nice people to work with
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 28, 2012
Pros: good pay- discount on meals
Cons: real busy sometimes i did not stop the whole 12 hours. really
I really loved this job. My co-workers were real nice. I learned computer charting and some new equipment. the hardest part being away from home. the most enjoyable part, I did a real good job, had my own appartment- and my family came out to visit or I would go home.
A Great Place to Work
Patient Attendant (Current Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 9, 2012
Pros: all the coffee and pizza you can drink or eat. the free holiday meals are great too.
Cons: i would love an hour break. but the patients needs are first.
Working at the hospital is great for me because it does not feel like work. It feels like family caring for one another. I have learned about caring for myself now, so that some medical issues may not affect me. I have learned great amount about taking medications the correct way. I have also learned how to know what to do for a patient in distress; – more... not breathing or heart attack. The hardest part of the job is not being able to calm the patient. The best part is leaving a patient with a smile on their face and when they ask you to come back again. I love my co-workers they are willing to help you with a patient. I really hope I don't lose this position, I want to retire from YRMC. – less
Good company
System Administrator (Former Employee), yuma, arizonaJune 27, 2012
Operated the omnicell supply system under the Director of materials management and staff. Monitored daily operation and inventory.Also responsible for daily, weekly and monthly reports.none
Leadership lacking
Lab (Former Employee), LabJune 25, 2012
Pros: benefits, compensation
Cons: lack of accountability, teamwork and leadership.
The department I worked in (lab) lacks leadership and there's a distinct air of frustration and defeat among the personnel. Not a place to work if you want balance between your personal and professional life.
Fun family like work environment
Food Service Runner (Former Employee), Yuma azMay 11, 2012
Pros: free lunch pharmacy
Cons: location
Learning experiance with opportunities to be trusted and grow into lead worker.
Excellent place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Yuma, AZMay 3, 2012
Leaving position because of implementation of Electronic Medical Record with Epic otherwise I would still be there.
Very productive work place
Management Support Representative (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 28, 2012
Making copies, attending meetings, minutes/note taking, screening inbound and outbound telephone calls, using multi telephone lines with and without wireless headset, typing policies and procedures, data entry, filing confidential personnel records, inventory and ordering supplies, setting up interviews, arranging meetings and travel request, time keeping/payroll, – more... separating and opening mail for director, along with all other duties as assigned. Work independently. Support to eight supervisors, the director and over one hundred staff members.
Use Microsoft office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.);
Windows and Web navigation – less
Productive with a wide variety of studies
Nuclear Medicine Extern (Former Employee), Yuma, ArizonaJune 24, 2011
Pros: talented technologist
Cons: hot hot summer months
The techs at this site have a lot of talent. You would be lucky to be surrounded by such people. Living in Yuma is really great in the winter months. It is close to so many other places to visit.

About Yuma Regional Medical Center

Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is an acute care hospital that provides medical services for Yuma, Arizona, and its surrounding – Read more