Yusen Logistics Employee Reviews

Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to work and friendly co workers n management I would definitely tell others about the company it's fast pace work though and you have to be on time
very productive and structured com
Kept supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 4, 2018
this is a great company, great people, management is awesome
I learned to resolve major issues because the manager trusted in my decision, allowing me to be more involved and dedicated to my job
Pros
great benefits
Cons
horrible pay and management and no room for growth.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WADecember 18, 2017
this place is non stop physical labor at 40+ hours a week and no reward. when I last worked there in 2015 they were paying the day and night shift the same hourly pay of 10 per hour and finally gave night shift our shift differential bumping us to 11 per hour but pretended like it was a raise for our hard work. almost the entire place was employed by staffing agency "temps" but almost non were given the chance to be hired on to the company. I knew someone who had worked there over 4 years and still wasn't hired in to the actual company. I do not recommend.
Pros
plenty of hours and microwaves
Cons
just about everything else.
depending on the day sometimes there is no work
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WADecember 15, 2017
it was a difficult place to work, not because of the job but there being no work some days. I was sent home for a whole week due to production being slow. I was willing to work but they only took a certain number of people and sent the rest home.
Fast Pace
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Long Beach CaliforniaDecember 6, 2017
It was through an agency and I had no time to really show my work skills I need a place that is continuous an account on going I have a small family that I need to take care of they won't offer me nothing
Pros
The overtime made it worth it
Cons
Short breaks and you still don't know if you work I've been off for 5 days now
productive work
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Carson, CA 90810November 28, 2017
My experience working at Yusen was very good. From management to the workers, everyone works as a team. although it can be tiring its a very productive place.
Cons
manditory over time
Poor
Logistic Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 16, 2017
Does not take care of their workers. Dehumanizes their workers. The management does a poor job of taking responsibility and will throw anyone under the bus.
It's good if you are in a middle management
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 11, 2017
Decent benefit but it's getting worse. It will probably get worse by the year.

Very strong HR so if there is any problem it will be taken care of right away. If you are in management and do a decent job, you have a job security. Firing people is very rare.
Pros
Decent benefit
Cons
Very old school
Interesting Upper Level Mgmt Practices
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  USOctober 16, 2017
Very little communication. You can ask and ask and ask but upper level management doesn't seem to care. Policies are decided upon and never clearly given to the people that actually do the job. At times its as if we're adrift at see without a map and no one can figure out which way to go.
Great Place to Work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2017
It is very fast paced and work most every day. I have learned how to be more self- sufficient. I have learned more about logistics and how the port operates.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Pay
typical day
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 12, 2017
I learned about screening packages, forklift, loading and unloading trucks, preparing pallets. Great benefits medical, dental, vision and vacation time.
Cool place to work at
Loader (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 27, 2017
Cool place to work at and cool place to meet nee people.This job is good for exercise and keeps you occupied.Pays good and works at a good pace;easily
Pros
Taco truck for lunch
Warehouse
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 13, 2017
General warehouse labor, unloading, filling orders by quantity and loading. Fast paced with bonus compensation based on productivity. Great place to work if you like to break a sweat.
Na
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 23, 2017
It's a great place to work at. I loved it and wish I was able to stay longer. The people are great imports and export are wonderful people to work with
Management Issues
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAAugust 15, 2017
Poor quality of experience and skill on leadership teams. There is essentially no value proposition for employees. Over 60% of the total workforce is employed through staffing agencies and gets paid $1/he less. Hourly employees are treated poorly and there is a great deal of manager infighting. Tenure of the leadership teams are all less than two years with essentially no life work balance.
Cons
Not employee centric
ok
Ocean Import Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 26, 2017
Assist on any customer service internally/externally. Business can run smoothly. I learned from management is that they watch what you do at all time. They want to make sure if they are any concerns to bring it up to here attention. Yusen vision is to focus on customers needs, respect and how we can gain profit into the business. The hardest is when new challenges come your way and we have to try to learn and figure things out. The most enjoyable part is when everyone gets together and works as team to get the job done properly and smoothly. Sometimes they over work you until your exhausted and cant.
Pros
always have free lunch from vendors/trucker. bonuses are yearly or company event yearly.
Cons
Micro Manage
It was ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2017
It was ok for what we had to do it was a good job. I had a set schedule same stores I knew my store managers. Did NOT work on the weekend so it worked out good.
active and face paced enviroment
Yard Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA 90745July 20, 2017
WAREHOUSE RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJuly 6, 2017
Very fasted paced environment
Keep moving
Dont stop heavy boxes
Alot of different cultures there
I loved the bosses and emoployees.
Made me who I am today
productive environment and fun loving workers
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 30, 2017
Always moving, gives you a good work out, serious but still fun, Heavy items sometimes. They do give aways and parties pretty often to show appreciation
Pros
vending machines and fast food close
Cons
long nights and strenuous work