Yusen Logistics Employee Reviews

Horrible Senior Management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 7, 2016
Too many imports that bring their poor human respect to the American culture. Lacks business insights and respect for collaboration and teamwork.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work
terribly place
runner (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 21, 2015
Never have I worked for a company that makes people feel inferior. In this company they work people like animals and expect them to perform to their standards. They have such terrible supervisors who see people like nothing, based on their gender and the color of their skin. Here you have to become a teachers pet and agree with everyone in charge if you want to stick around. Very sad and racist place for people to work.
Pros
Cons
abuse of position, discrimination
Employer Rewiew
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 4, 2015
It was a typical job. you have the managers that are carefree and you have the the employees who do whatever they want. employees have no self control.
Pros
freedoms
Cons
poor management
A typical day at work
Material Handler/ Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Murray, NJOctober 13, 2015
On a daily basis I will locate, pack and load shipments. Handle inventory control activities and document all cycle counts.Rotate stock and organize picking schedule.
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 6, 2015
Always on my feet, making sure all boxes were accounted for, scanned them in to go to outbound to be delivered to the stores, every night before my shift started the whole warehouse would stretch just to make sure we don't strain a muscle by standing all night.
Pros
management was always supportive
Cons
short breaks
Good people but high turnover
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 22, 2015
This is a basic, cross-dock production facility. Containers come in from the port and trailers are loaded out for destinations in the domestic US.
Rail Payables Specialist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNSeptember 21, 2015
Started out with NYK Services to NYK Line then finally to Yusen. NYK Services, NYK Line and Yusen are affiliates of each other. Absolutely loved my job but their were issues when the companies changed that I just could not not see myself moving forward with the company.
Productive work place
EDI Analyst (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 14, 2015
Yusen Logistics provides a working environment that promotes productivity and development. The company has implemented a Kaizen initiative in order to deploy efficient system processing and to use resources wisely.
Pros
Flexibility
Great Company to work for
Import Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
I love my job! My only complaint is the need for improvement to management (seriously micro-managed), otherwise Ideal company to work for!
It was a temp position but the time I was there I learned how to drive a clamp forklift
Forklift Operator/Shipping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 20, 2015
I worked three days a week unloading, the employee worked together and got the job done. The management could have been a little more well organized.
Pros
I learned how to operate a clamp lift.
Cons
It was unorganized at times
japan / us base import / export company
Import Agent / Break Bulk / Ocean /Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2015
we import and export world wide enjoying meeting new people and learning new things about different companies. learn more about companies that import as well as export
productive and flexible
Emphasize customer satisfaction
Very detail orientated work
good workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 22, 2015
fast paced work enviroment everyday,i've learned how to load and unload trucks and package sorting.this job has great management and also good co-workers
Fast, Fun, and Learning Environment
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2015
A typical work day is busy and productive. You leave feeling like you accomplished something. You are never bored. Great people with positive attitudes. The business is growing bringing in new talents to help with the growth opportunities. The hardest part of the job is keep up with the pace of the other 12 locations from California to Florida.
Pros
Team Focus
Cons
too much traveling
Not the best company
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 10, 2015
Dont work for Yusen, you will sign on to a shaky company being overpowered by its domestic competitors and you will not have job security in is constantly shifting interface. Pass the job by and move onto another company that does the same thing.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no job security.
great place to work
planner/analyst (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Atypical day at work here consists of reports, speaking to customers, and planning out the workload for the warehouse.
i have learned how to use excel more fluently and different operational systems. i have also learned how logistics operates by being cross-trained in different departments.
Great opportunity
Team lead import agent (Current Employee) –  College park , gaFebruary 16, 2015
-check emails and respond to both external and internal customers in a timely manner. Coordinater the international shipment
- Learned the freight forwarding sector in supply chain and logistics
-Good co-workers we got a long well .
-Hardest part was delegating responsibilities. I seem to take full ownership but there are times when delegation is necessary.
-Overall great opportunity to be working for Yusen logistics
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
4 different managers in my department within the 3 years in yusen
Its a job
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Las VegasFebruary 8, 2015
Warehouse is unorganized leadership is not in control but it is an amusing plase to be. I like the circus. the money is not worth the added stress.
Pros
hours
Cons
people
YUSEN IS GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH, ALL STAFF ARE GREAT AND LOTS OF TEAM PLAYERS
Material Handler/Shipping (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 22, 2015
YUSEN IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. THE WORKLOAD IS HEAVY AND I GAINED LOTS OF EXPERIENCE AT THIS COMPANY. MY TIME AT YUSEN IS VERY REWARDING AND I ENJOY MY JOB HERE.
Pros
lunch provided by yusen on many occasions
Cons
great healthcare benefits
Was a AWESOME place to work - NOW HORRIBLE
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJanuary 21, 2015
New Senior Leadership has no clue and will do anything to make a buck. They've cut out employee recognition. Moral is LOW, LOW, LOW!!! Senior Leadership mocks (literally) employees and goes above and beyond to embarrass them publicly. HR sucks and is absolutely useless. Co-workers are the only positive and they are beginning to leave expeditiously.
benefits
Cons
low pay, no recognition, belittles employees