Yusen Logistics Employee Reviews

Typical Japanese owned company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  San DiegoFebruary 15, 2017
Benefits are good, or the standard of any well-established organization (medical, dental etc.). However, they expect you to overwork, especially when you are a Salary employee. (If you are an hourly employee, they do not let you overtime) Daily overtime of 2+hours are common or expected. The organizational culture is very Japanese. Expats from Japan including the Branch manager controls everything according to the order from Japan HQ. They are also reluctant to give you work-life balance. They do not approve of leaving office early to pursue higher education/personal development. Many of their customers are Japanese, therefore, upper management and the customers expect the high-demanding service of Japanese.
Benefits
Cons
Japanese organizational culture
Bad
offloader (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 1, 2017
Everyting about this place sucks. Bad working conditions. Unreal expectations for the amount of work that can be done. Absolutely filthy
Pros
Cons
everything
warehouse coordinator
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 25, 2017
wonderful place to work if you like staying busy and work hard. management is really easy to talk to and the work environment is a typical warehouse. most jobs are pretty physical.
very fast paced and productive work environment
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield Gardens, NYJanuary 5, 2017
This job is requires an individual who is very time efficient and on top of everything. This job has improved my time management skills and have enabled me to meet all my deadlines. I have become a much more organized person since this job entails so much paperwork, filing, billing, and client flow ups. The hardest part of this job is to weed out and prioritize which clients to handle first being that there is so many but that's where my organization skills come in handy. The enjoyable part of this job is feeling accomplished at the end of the day knowing you finished all your work which you have put in so much effort and time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
manual labor, impossible advancement.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WANovember 2, 2016
This is a job for kids out of high school. Allows you to make 12/hour, but offers little to no flexibility in work schedule. Four 10 hour days makes for a nice three day weekend. But can take a toll on you.
Engaging work environment
Screening and Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 20, 2016
It was a pleasure to work for them, I gained more knowledge of the import export business and also screening. I was also shown,how to build build and breakdown PMCS crates and on hand freight.
Pros
Clean and safe working environment
Cons
The hours I worked
Really good workplace.
Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 20, 2016
Great place.Nice co workers.
Always busy.If you like a fast paced environment it's a great place to work.
Great place to gain lots of experience!
Pros
Free food on holiday.
Not good Management
Warehouse Lumper, Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 19, 2016
Management was really bad they would boss employees around. They wouldnt care if someone was sick or injured. The hardest part was that no one had a set schedule. We neve knew when we would be off.
horrible experience
Entry Writer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 3, 2016
The managers lie. It's awful. Benefits are great. Otherwise, would not recommend working here. Talking is not allowed. Cell phone use is not allowed unless you're in management, then all the things are allowed.
benefits
Cons
management, lying, no advancement
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 2, 2016
Good benefits, fair compensation, and the company will take care of you. Decent 401K match and a generous education reimbursement. Can often be difficult to stay abreast of daily tasks during busy season, but the challenges are welcomed by a positive and motivated person.
Pros
Phenomenal employee care for a global company
Cons
Daily tasks can be excessive during busy seasons
Most Professional and positive work environment.
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 1, 2016
My experience at Yusen Logistics made me realize I enjoy warehouse work. I have learned so much in such little time to where I intend to continue searching for a career in warehousing.
Good Company
Logistics Operations (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 29, 2016
Good Company - with a good atmosphere. Management could use a little work but besides that I am satisfied. Not much more to say
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2016
busy days, good pay and great benefits with opportunities to move up.

low moral among employees, company is changing directions in leadership.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
moral
Long working days
Air Export Agent (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 6, 2016
Much work every day. Not knowing what each day will bring. I have learned much excel skills. I have been taught how fright forwarding works. Its not hard, very time consuming. Best par is able to learn something new.
Benefits
Cons
Short time, much work
Great experience gained & utilized
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNMay 4, 2016
A typical day would be to process and sent out the daily reports to operations and customer. Process incoming orders, route orders in website for customer. Once we receive the routing confirmations with destination carrier, we will schedule p/u's for the following day or requested ship date and the date and time in the MH system.
Prepare load schedule for warehouse daily and update as needed.
Check orders for product availability and if any subs are needed, will prepare a sub chart for the operations team and record in system. Also check inbound containers for incoming freight to fill orders received and record eta in the Manhattan system.
Pros
Team luncheons, Christmas bonuses and yearly raises.
Cons
Peak season was a work overload, not enough assistance.
good for workout
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 19, 2016
its fun to work.you can listen to music while working.good for workout too. you are gonna lose weight for sure. you will meet more friends.
Pros
overtime all the time
Cons
you cannot sit .not even for 1 min
Great place to work on your skills and learn logistics.
Logistics Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 4, 2016
I thought working here was great for improving my skill. I learned a lot here. My biggest issue was that there was no advancement for me, no chance to get hired on. I enjoyed my coworkers. Management was new and didn't know what was going on. But besides that I didn't have really any issues.
Productive and fun workplace with a group great people
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2016
My typical day at work start with analyzing and answering the daily request from customer and oversea office. Also, we have to coordinating with operation teams to ensure all of the secured business has been taking care of.
Great place to build a foundation of basic work skills
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 23, 2016
With my time at Yusen Logistics I enjoyed my time there. I learned how to work efficiently as well as demonstrate my knowledge to complete the work in a reasonable amount of time.

The management was very helpful to offer me innovative ways to do the same work in an easier more less stressful way to save both time and money. I felt this was necessary in order to build a better company morale. This way the employees could not feel under pressure so much as this type of job entails quite a bit of pressure to finish a certain amount of freight in a specified time frame.

I would say the greatest challenge with this job was the ability to work with many different types of people here. In my experience with warehousing you meet quite a few different types of people from all walks of life and you have to be able to communicate with them in a way as to make them feel comfortable and appreciated.
Pros
Great place to work with happy, upbeat people. Company lunches.
Cons
Limited room to advance to a higher position.
Productive Organized Workplace
IT/Business Project Lead - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Yusen Logistics. The team I had working with me were organized and professional. I would work there again given the opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yusen Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9