Yusen Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work on your skills and learn logistics.
Logistics Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 4, 2016
I thought working here was great for improving my skill. I learned a lot here. My biggest issue was that there was no advancement for me, no chance to get hired on. I enjoyed my coworkers. Management was new and didn't know what was going on. But besides that I didn't have really any issues.
Productive and fun workplace with a group great people
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2016
My typical day at work start with analyzing and answering the daily request from customer and oversea office. Also, we have to coordinating with operation teams to ensure all of the secured business has been taking care of.
Great place to build a foundation of basic work skills
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 23, 2016
With my time at Yusen Logistics I enjoyed my time there. I learned how to work efficiently as well as demonstrate my knowledge to complete the work in a reasonable amount of time.

The management was very helpful to offer me innovative ways to do the same work in an easier more less stressful way to save both time and money. I felt this was necessary in order to build a better company morale. This way the employees could not feel under pressure so much as this type of job entails quite a bit of pressure to finish a certain amount of freight in a specified time frame.

I would say the greatest challenge with this job was the ability to work with many different types of people here. In my experience with warehousing you meet quite a few different types of people from all walks of life and you have to be able to communicate with them in a way as to make them feel comfortable and appreciated.
Pros
Great place to work with happy, upbeat people. Company lunches.
Cons
Limited room to advance to a higher position.
Productive Organized Workplace
IT/Business Project Lead - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Yusen Logistics. The team I had working with me were organized and professional. I would work there again given the opportunity.
The absolute worst company and Manager to work for
logistics operations (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 23, 2016
The absolute worse place to work.If you want to be made inferior and totally micro manged this is the place for you.The branch manager doesn't work past 8 hours comes and go all day as he pleases.Is on personal calls all day.Again this is the place for you.Absolutely no training but you will be written up and or brought to tears for not knowing things the branch manager will ask.Total favoritism.If you get on the bad side of the branch manger expect your days to be numbered.The branch manager will totally degrade you and constantly belittle you.Human resources have been brought in on the branch manger but somehow he survives,beware
Morale is very very low.
Horrible Senior Management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 7, 2016
Too many imports that bring their poor human respect to the American culture. Lacks business insights and respect for collaboration and teamwork.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work
terribly place
runner (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 21, 2015
Never have I worked for a company that makes people feel inferior. In this company they work people like animals and expect them to perform to their standards. They have such terrible supervisors who see people like nothing, based on their gender and the color of their skin. Here you have to become a teachers pet and agree with everyone in charge if you want to stick around. Very sad and racist place for people to work.
Pros
Cons
abuse of position, discrimination
Employer Rewiew
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 4, 2015
It was a typical job. you have the managers that are carefree and you have the the employees who do whatever they want. employees have no self control.
Pros
freedoms
Cons
poor management
A typical day at work
Material Handler/ Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Murray, NJOctober 13, 2015
On a daily basis I will locate, pack and load shipments. Handle inventory control activities and document all cycle counts.Rotate stock and organize picking schedule.
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 6, 2015
Always on my feet, making sure all boxes were accounted for, scanned them in to go to outbound to be delivered to the stores, every night before my shift started the whole warehouse would stretch just to make sure we don't strain a muscle by standing all night.
Pros
management was always supportive
Cons
short breaks
Good people but high turnover
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 22, 2015
This is a basic, cross-dock production facility. Containers come in from the port and trailers are loaded out for destinations in the domestic US.
Rail Payables Specialist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNSeptember 21, 2015
Started out with NYK Services to NYK Line then finally to Yusen. NYK Services, NYK Line and Yusen are affiliates of each other. Absolutely loved my job but their were issues when the companies changed that I just could not not see myself moving forward with the company.
Productive work place
EDI Analyst (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 14, 2015
Yusen Logistics provides a working environment that promotes productivity and development. The company has implemented a Kaizen initiative in order to deploy efficient system processing and to use resources wisely.
Pros
Flexibility
Great Company to work for
Import Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
I love my job! My only complaint is the need for improvement to management (seriously micro-managed), otherwise Ideal company to work for!
It was a temp position but the time I was there I learned how to drive a clamp forklift
Forklift Operator/Shipping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 20, 2015
I worked three days a week unloading, the employee worked together and got the job done. The management could have been a little more well organized.
Pros
I learned how to operate a clamp lift.
Cons
It was unorganized at times
japan / us base import / export company
Import Agent / Break Bulk / Ocean /Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2015
we import and export world wide enjoying meeting new people and learning new things about different companies. learn more about companies that import as well as export
productive and flexible
Emphasize customer satisfaction
Very detail orientated work
good workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 22, 2015
fast paced work enviroment everyday,i've learned how to load and unload trucks and package sorting.this job has great management and also good co-workers
Fast, Fun, and Learning Environment
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2015
A typical work day is busy and productive. You leave feeling like you accomplished something. You are never bored. Great people with positive attitudes. The business is growing bringing in new talents to help with the growth opportunities. The hardest part of the job is keep up with the pace of the other 12 locations from California to Florida.
Pros
Team Focus
Cons
too much traveling
Not the best company
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 10, 2015
Dont work for Yusen, you will sign on to a shaky company being overpowered by its domestic competitors and you will not have job security in is constantly shifting interface. Pass the job by and move onto another company that does the same thing.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no job security.