YWCA

YWCA Employer Reviews

Overnight Shelter Assistant
Overnight Shelter Assistant (Former Employee), Fargo, NDOctober 1, 2014
Start shift off by checking in all residents
Make food boxes for pick up.
Clean facility.
Re-stock cleaning supplies.
Log all patients seen that night.
i loved this place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 1, 2014
typical day at work was exciting, busy, motivational
i learned alot there 1 being my attitude, had a good one already but now its great
my co-workers was always good to me and respectful
great job opportunity
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 30, 2014
always room for growth within the company. inspire you to futher your education.
Productive and fun work place
Residence Coordinator (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2014
 Responsible for the day-to-day operations of shelter facility, office, and hotline when called in.
 Maintains accurate and timely statistical data per program policy and procedures daily when requested to work.
 Perform orientations and exits interviews with program participants.
 Perform apartment checks and follow ups on daily basis.
Fun work place, energetic and productive.
Counselor (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day working at this job for me was full of excitement. I along with other counselors provided the children with work to help stimulate their minds as well as taking them on fun class trips. While working here I learned to be more patient something that children require. My co-workers were helpful and very respectful. The hardest part of this – more... job was leaving. Overall I loved this job. – less
I just did this one -
Student Intern (Current Employee), Troy, NYSeptember 22, 2014
I don't know why they are asking me to do this one again. Please see previous review on this one. I liked the people and I learned a lot.
Fun because I love working with the youth
Recreation Counselor (Former Employee), Allendale, NJSeptember 18, 2014
Cons: pay
I would not mind working with them again i only the pay was greater. Pay was below minimum wage
Productive positive environment for childhood development
Accreditation Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJSeptember 18, 2014
A typical day at work would start by me checking my emails, voicemail and text messages to see if any of the children attending after care have been called out for the day.

I have learned many ways of solving behavioral issues with children ages K-5th grade. I have learned that with this job I have gained a great of patience when it comes to dealing – more... with issues between children, staffing and program set up.

Management has always been a great deal of help when the help is needed.

My co-workers and I put everyone else's needs before our very own and that we have a strong camaraderie between us all which is great when it comes to working as a team to getting things done.

The hardest part of the job is the feeling of not being able to do enough. I always go above and beyond what is expected and sometimes you feel as if there could have been more you could do when everything has been accomplished.

The most enjoyable part about this job is being the positive role model for the children in program. I feel that the children look up to me as if I am one of their teachers. They look to me with a great deal of respect and so do the parents. – less
Productive and extremely educational
Facilitator (Internship) (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: exremely interactive
Cons: one is bound to become emotionally attached
I was able to interact with those whom I eventually want to work with (convicted felons), ad I was able to learn conflict resolution skills.
Safe and comfortable environment
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 10, 2014
engage with residents throughout the night to ensure comfort and safety, facilitates therapuetic groups, acts as a positive mentor and life coach for residents.
Bad Management, with poor work environment
Student Mentor (Former Employee), Plainfield, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: the kids are nice, and the trips are nice.
Cons: terrible pay, horrible boss
Co-workers are really rude to kids and parents. There isn't an opportunity for advancement, and you do not get paid on time at all. Sometimes you go a month or more without a paycheck.
enjoy working with children
Teacher (Current Employee), lawrence maSeptember 3, 2014
Cons: work hours
Every day is a new day to learn and experience new things. I enjoy being and teaching children as an everyday job. different activities are done everyday. My job is to prepare each child for their everyday life, and assure that they will be ready to move up to their next step.
Loved working with the staff great steppoing stone
Programs & Aquatics Director (Former Employee), Van Wert, OHAugust 19, 2014
Loved working with the company but found myself in college and out growing a job that was awesome. Still talk with fellow personnel once in a while.
rewarding place to work
Peer Support Specialist- Intake (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYAugust 16, 2014
proud to be a member of such a caring staff and to give back to woman and children in need .
Meaningful Work
Abused Women's Services Program Director (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2014
This agency provides a much needed service in our community
Evenings Manager (Former Employee), Troy, NYAugust 7, 2014
Empowerment!! that's the key word. A place where woman's received training to better their lives and to be able to go out in the work force and keep a job.
Provide weekly meals to community members most of the times homeless people.
I am very proud of the time that I worked at the YWCA of the Capitol Region of New York.

I truly believe in their mission!!
A place for teaching teens and children about self esteem and preventing teenage pregnancy
Internship (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: working with and mentoring the teens
Cons: this was not a paid position
I worked at the YWCA as part of my internship. The YWCA has great programs to help teens learn about pregnancy prevention, healthy childbirth and they have a wonderful afterschool enrichment program for middle school children. Their programs give you a chance to work one on one or with a group to have a positive impact on the children and teens. I enjoyed – more... working with the teens and I am pursuing certification as a Doula so I can work with their pregnant clients. I really enjoy assisting in childbirth. – less
Very warm welcoming environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 31, 2014
Busy days, always something to do or someone to help. Everyday is a lesson learned.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 30, 2014
very nice place to volunteer for i didnt really do much other then help at events
Empowers women and children.
Assist in maintaining facilities (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 27, 2014
Assisted in daily cleaning activities while going to school and working. I learned how much i was capable of.

1 2 3 4 5