YWCA Employee Reviews in United States

The enviornment was amazing
Management Information Specialist Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 10, 2016
I reported to the manager who reported to the CIO, Unless I worked there 15+ years I wouldn't be able to advance in any way.
Pros
Terrific work environment
Cons
No advancement opprotunities
Communicating with Toddlers
Daycare Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 7, 2016
Young children can be a handful and very funny as you watch them learn their way in the Adult World. Sometime to see if parents were communicating with their children the Staff would tell their students to wear a certain color whether it be: pants, sock, sweaters or even a toy with a specific color would be acceptable that would let the Staff know which parent was speaking and communicating with their child.
Nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 3, 2016
Good work place, learned a lot, everyone was very nice to me, place was clean and organized, easy and simple work. worked with the kids. folded laundry, did office work.
productive and fun working place
teacher aide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 2, 2016
provided individual attention to students with special needs, supervise students at all time on playground, restroom breaks and during lunch time. provided customer service and revise weekly payments.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
This position created an opportunity to create a fitness program to target childhood obesity. Very rewarding.
Fit & Fun Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Galveston, Tx.May 25, 2016
My day began with phone calls and completing reports. I did budgeting and student evaluations. I visited the schools and worked with the students.

The hardest part of the job was not having enough time with the children and more resources to provide more enrichment experiences for them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how much fun the children had when they were participating in the program and also the excitement of the parents from their children working to become more fit.
Pros
Working with the children, the work location was in Galveston by the water, having the ability to build the program from the very beginning.
Cons
A better facility to provide more activities and programs for children.
amazing
Art and Promotional Intern (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 20, 2016
working here is amazing. the people are so nice and dedicated to what they are doing. everyone who comes in is so appreciative of what the organization is doing. the people feel like a family. the work is also rewarding and enjoyable. I would continue working if i could.
Good place
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 15, 2016
free access to facilities. Management tends to micromanage. Environment would be much better if they would allow veterans to do what they do well.
Organize and Execute
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 14, 2016
I love working with kids and watching them grow. I've broken the kids into groups by age, and we mostly do the same 4 or 5 dances, with a mix of "across the floor" exercises.
Receipt and Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 7, 2016
The YWCA is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy working with my team. A typical work day consist of data entry, filing, customer service, and working with a team. I have learned more about social justice and working with different databases such as Yardi and Clarity. We have a phenomenal management team and our HR department is always available to us. My co-workers are easy to talk to and open to new ideas. The hardest part of my job is losing clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the other clients evolve.
Pros
Opportunities to move up in the company
Cons
Very demanding work load
Ability to connect with the community
Domestic Violence Advocate/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 5, 2016
Engaging with people of all different backgrounds of life.
Finding my inner strength.
Adding people in crisis.
Need more one on one training to positions.
Understandable management.
Rewarding place to work.
Activities Leader (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMay 4, 2016
Making lesson plans and guiding children in their development is an extremely rewarding job. The hardest part of the job is constantly being conscious of all of the regulations and rules. The most enjoyable part is working with youth in a positive environment and interacting with people on a daily basis. Most of the people who I work with are an absolute pleasure to be around.
Pros
Inspiring and being inspired by the students
Cons
Managing the stress of regulations
Would Look for Employment Elsewhere
Child Development Center Employee (Former Employee) –  WausauMay 3, 2016
I worked in the child care center for three years. Unfortunately the YWCA is run by a board of directors and Executive Director. It is a financially unstable company that does not meet the national mission of the YWCA. They pay high salaries to Marketing, Finance and the Executive Director while paying all other staff with same education levels- the Child Care Directors,and teachers much less. They expect the child care to pay for all salaries and expenditures. Poorly run. The child care facility is wonderful and taken care of. the 4K Program run through the Wausau School District does a great job, I would recommend the program. Teachers turn over quickly as it is a high stress job and little pay.
Pros
Discounted Lunch, flexible scheduling
Cons
poorly run by executive board, high turn over, no respect
Great environment and valuable experience
Office Internship (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 28, 2016
All the people there were nice and helped me to do better. It's important to have experience when looking for Jobs and this internship was a very helpful experience
Excelent daycare center
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2016
Productive and fun workplace with an awesome indoor and outdoor play environment for the children.
Some professionals working for more than 10 years in the company
Pros
long shifts
Cons
short breaks, part time
nice place to work very supportive Boss
Assistant Site Spervisior (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 17, 2016
I really enjoyed working there my co-workers were great and I learned a lot from them made so good friends also loved the arents and children.
Pros
staff very welcoming
Cons
not enough staff
Entry Level
Breast Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 13, 2016
Ok for an entry level position. Great for networking and meeting new people. Great balance between work and school. Can get busy with health events and health fairs
Pros
Paid Holiday's
Cons
No position improvement
productive and fun
Childcare Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 12, 2016
Great place to work very active and fun. A lot of children to care for. Many relationships form here. Supervisor very friendly and active in all classrooms.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 4, 2016
I volunteer at the YWCA through a program at St. Norbert College. I help in the after school program, and do various activities and games with the supervisors and kids. I enjoy working at YWCA and getting to do something a little different every day, it adds a lot of variety to each day.
flexibility required, team building, good attitude a must, and ability to laugh
Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2016
Typical day: problem solving, crises intervention, flexible

What I've learn: team building, people skills

Management: policy making, not always willing to listen

Co-workers: helpful,fun,

Hardest part of the job: crises of the clients

Most enjoyable part of the job: validation from the company, staff parties, recognition of empoyees
Great company
Program Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Kent, WA 98032March 16, 2016
I loved working here, everyone was friendly and welcomed me with open arms. Hours were flexible, everyone got along great.