Z Gallerie Employee Reviews

Top 10 Worse Place to Work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 10, 2017
I worked for Z Gallerie as a Sales Associate for about 6 mos and this was one of top ten worse places I have worked. Since being employed, I have worked alongside a different group of associates as well as multiple managers. You are hired as a full time employee however you are not given full time hours. You are given a daily sales goal, yet you are not on commission. They expect you to sell thousands of dollars of furniture and you receive a measly $100.00 monthly for those sales. The discount structure is an insult and if you complain, the managers will reduce your hours, which forces you to seek employment elsewhere and characterize it as troublemaker. They will not resolve any issues although they will say I understand your concerns(Liars). Management expects you to perform, while they receive all the recognition and bonus. The perception is to work in an environment, meet great people and sell. Just do it without allowing flexibility and an environment of trust and teamwork. I'm sorry how can you create in a boring box of beautiful things and with managers who only care about themselves and the bottom line. The store is next to the corporate buying office, where the buyers will come in and not acknowledge their fellow co-workers. It is a Us and Them mentality, a huge disconnect. It is like 2 different companies, there is no cohesiveness or team environment at all. If corporate has an event, the sales associates are not invited, informed or included. I have never worked for a company that does not have training on the products they sell or training on improving  more... and educating you on the overall company brand. The pay is very low for what you are required to perform; Sell Furniture, Open Accounts, Request Surveys, Haggle Customers about a $5,000 room make-over that no one has ever won, Re-stock Inventory, Hang oversized Mirrors and Pictures, Clean bathrooms, eat you lunch fast and sell sell sell.  less
Pros
Gain Experience and Leave
Cons
Insulting Bonus, Short Lunches, No commission, poor discounts, work hours
Awesome products
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 5, 2017
Loved working here for a while. I was part of the original crew that opened the store. We we were like family.. Loved using my creativity for design. Just needed more money
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 19, 2017
not customer service oriented. no communication between management and associates. the store is very cool and you meet an eclectic group of people which is great and there is constantly something to do. they dont pay you for days that prevents you from coming to work (i.e a blizzard). they dont follow the labor laws of the state & swear that they refer to the handbook when they make up their own rules. all the benefits come with full time. part timers literally get nothing
Pros
cool enviornment, awesome products, pays well, always busy
Cons
short breaks, no communication, professionalism of management
its all on the surface
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  usaFebruary 14, 2017
looks good but once employed its a whole different ballgame! sad to have to share this review but the visual team and management are so caddy and dishonest that they leave no room for productivity or team work. very shoddy mngmt team (when they even show up); I have never seen a group so underhanded in business as this company is. from the local level to corporate they are simply dishonest about the on-going everyday employee concerns, issues, treatment. products are visually attractive but that too has nothing of substance once you get past the surface. loved Z Gallerie as long as I was on the outside looking in ~ great learning experience in what type of management/company to avoid working with!
Pros
lesson in retail
Cons
dishonest at every level
Productive place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time at z gallerie's corporate office. It kept me busy. However, at times I felt as if all of my hard work wasn't appreciated. the management was good at working with me with personal time off needed.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Stressful, overworked
Great Experience
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Very fun and challenging workplace. Opens your mind to a lot of possibilities of how to help someone design their home, the main focus being on one's ability to establish relationships with the clientele.
Great Company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Great location, valuable design experience. What more can I say. Great company for networking. Also have locations in San Francisco. Family owned.
Fantastic atmosphere, amazing coworker's but it goes sour from there
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2017
This is an amazing company to work for other than the pay and hours. It was made commission, that might help but with a sad $100 monthly bonus for meeting your sales goal and $50 monthly bonus for being the top sales person, it sure makes it hard to want to continue to work so hard for a company that makes millions but offers so little to their employees.
Beautiful Products
Director of Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Beautiful products, but not an environment that fosters continued education and growth. It would be great if continued education and growth where encouraged instead of discouraged.
Pros
Good location and beautiful products
Cons
Expensive healthcare and no growth
It was a great managment, retail and customer service experience
Store Associate Manager and Visuals (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and having the experience in management, retail, merchandising, customer service and day work. I am glad for the opportunity working with this company.
Management is there for a paycheck and to help the customer.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSNovember 16, 2016
Very sexist work environment, women aren't required to unload trucks or hang art. This is not a commissioned position but they push sales goals and credit cards. Full time non salaried workers only get about 35hrs per week.
Pros
Interacting with REAL interior designers
Cons
Inadiquit management abilities, untrustworthy co-workers never get 40 hrs a week.
My time with z gallerie
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 4, 2016
I've worked for z gallerie for over 2 years the first year was great i enjoyed it but due to management change it has not been the same the pay is good but you dont get commission its a great job for someone who does not have children or many responsibilities but if you do this jobs is probably not for you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No commission not payed enough for amout of work
Very High Stress
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2016
Very high stress Job! Great for anyone that likes a challenge. This is a very demanding job, both mental and physical. The Management teams are great at juggling multiple issues at one time everyday.
Very productive place to work, great staff
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 29, 2016
Always something to do, never a boring moment in the workplace. I've learned a lot, how to manage my time better, how to multitask and meet deadlines. Management is great, everyone treats you well and treats you with respect. Co-workers are the same, the entire staff is like one big family and we're always helping each other out. Everyone is selfless and if you need help anyone would be happy to assist you.

Hardest part is handling multiple tasks at once, sometimes business will pick up out of nowhere and tons of things have to be done. The most enjoyable part is just coming into work in general, I never dread coming in to work. My co-workers make the workplace fun but also keep everything professional.
Supervisor for this position is "different" and very unpleasant
Facilities Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 30, 2016
Everyone is the building is very nice. The supervisor for this particular position has a chip on his shoulder and talks to himself. Will need a large amount of patience for very little pay.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Supervisor
Professional but fun work place.
Sales goals, management of the floor. (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2016
Great place to learn and practice your sales strategies. I've learned how to become a stronger sales man. The management needed help. My co-workers were awesome. We were a great team. The most enjoyable part was meeting different people and have growing with them.
N/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2016
Very busy, A lot of tasks . Always something that needed to be done. Overall its a great place to work but very face paced.I would recommend this job to anyone that is looking for retail experience as a first job .
Pros
Awesome Team
Cons
Pay !!!!
Pretty products ...lacks diversity
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2016
Let's just this company needs a reality on workplace diversity. They only respect you if you look like them , act like them, think like them and keep your head down and lips are puckered.. If you know what I mean.

Experience, culture, EDUCATION ..even meeting SALES GOAL.does not matter, just pucker up and you will make it. HR Is clueless on so many levels.. Dont even waste your time with this department.

Working here was a complete waste of my existence and time ...the best thing about working here was the product. I learned what I already knew..fixed/small minded people make for the worst co workers .

Upper management is the worst here..this company is pretty on the outside but very jaded, racist, and out of touch with reality. Upper management is a complete joke ..they will hire you for your strengths and criticize you for the same attributes.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Small box mentality, 30 min lunches, training
Z Gallerie
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 17, 2016
Good company but the economy was bad at the time I was let go. I loved working there, everyday was something new and challenging.
Pros
good management, lots of nearby restaurants.
Cons
started working at 3am to have new products out by 10am.
Beautiful Home Decor in NYC
GALLERY CURATOR & DESIGN CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2016
This was a beautiful 2-floor showroom of unique home decor and art work. My particular department was a beautiful stretch of gallery space with artwork and prints hung up to the ceiling. The clients we all very knowledgeable about the arts and taught me a lot about retail in the US. The manager was very experienced and friendly to the entire staff. My co-workers were all very hardworking with great personalities. The most fun was interacting with the customers. The most difficult part of this job was manual as we did carry some relatively large and fragile art/furniture pieces.
Pros
Amazing Products
Cons
Little Room For Growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Z Gallerie. Our community is ready to answer.