Z Wireless

Z Wireless Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 6, 2015
Pros: management experience
Cons: The company is all about numbers, glass ceiling, upper management make a lot of promises they will never keep, they say they look out for the customer, but they add unneeded fees, the commission is a joke, so is the security of the store in a kiosk environment, long hours with no breaks. Never work there.
The company is a joke, which is why they are always hiring. Upper management only cares about numbers. The pay is ridiculously low, and hours are long. Realistically, you are better off working at Walmart or Target, the pay and hours are way better.
Fun Job
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMarch 4, 2015
This was my employer through college. They were great about working around my schedule and always catered to my schooling. The commission is not great, but they were growing at the time of my employment.
stay away
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Cambridge, OHJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: pay, hours, management
I've worked for this company for two years now, started out as a great place to work until they were bought out by an outside company. There is nothing good to say about this company. Horrible management and horrible pay , most unethical place I've ever worked.
Run Dont walk from here
applicant (Former Employee), Macedonia OhioOctober 4, 2014
Cons: pay, service, attitude
Terrible customer service , they could care less if you have a problem. They also refused to out a screen protector on because they were not trained on it.....No one would help.
owned by an investment firm that only care about numbers
Sales consultant (Former Employee), Akron, OhioOctober 3, 2014
Pros: sales experience
Cons: poor management, poor commission, hr does zero investigation into complaints, you are pitted to compete with management for sales, no benefits.
I worked for this company before it was bought by an investment firm and it was fantastic. Commission was fair and consistent with your work performance. Since the company buy out, we as sales associates were forced to rob our customers and we too were robbed by upper management. We were pitted against our managers for sales which created a hostile environment. I personally was #1 in sales in my district at the time of my departure. My manager was micro managed by another store manager because they could not handle the stress load that was trickling down from upper management and had minimal knowledge of how to run day to day operations. The company had a policy at the time I worked for them that was illegal. They charged sales rep 2 times the amount discounted from the price of a sale in which you are forced to sign customers up to receive. Not signing the customer up for the additional service was a write up. I've witness management set an employee up by having someone come to the store and harass the employee and the customers that they were attending too. When the employee asked the person to stop, they were reprimanded and fired for doing the right thing. That particular location was more of a social gathering for management than a business. The employees who met company standards were released and those who didn't remained. HR needs an overhaul because the illegal practices leave the company open to lawsuits. I have documentation to back up every statement made in this review. The bottom line is this, if you're looking for something to hold you over until you find something reliable and pays fair. Go for it and understand that you are only going to have your hourly rate to fall back on which is minimal pay. This job is just a time filler until you get a better offer to better yourself.
Don't do it
sales associate (Current Employee), wisconsinAugust 24, 2014
Cons: no healthcare, terrible wages, horrible management
I understand most people don't have much good to say about their job, but this one takes the cap cake. There's never enough employees working, you rip customers off knowing they can get it without bogus fees and agreements at any other store. They expect a million things from you and barely pay part time wages. They'll tell you that you make good commission, but you dont. Not only is it taxed like crazy but they find every reason possible to charge you back on sales. You'd be better off at McDonald's flipping burgers.
Glass ceiling and Discrimination
worker (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 24, 2014
Cons: illegal terminations, poor pay
Being over qualified for a position, only for it to go to a man who was very under qualified proved to me this company only cares about men unless your in hr as a womans job, This company will illegally fire you with no proof or write up. They believe the hear say of other employees that have been continuously wrote up with bad performance. not only getting one person fired but two and crying wolf saying things of harassment again with no proof. Do not work for this company unless you want drama, not being able to talk to anyone without the fear of them turning you into hr and being terminated and poor pay. They will take your commission and will not shed a tear for you. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR SOUL AND NOT BE PROMOTED.
Good work environment, a little unorganized it seems
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Arnolds Park IAJune 21, 2014
Pros: discounted phone plan for singles. commission. promotion within company. experience in sales.
Cons: none that really other than the amount withheld from commission not sure that is zs fault.
I enjoy working with Z Wireless overall. I just wish that they didn't take 40% of our commission checks. Then it would be excellent.
Typical Verizon Retailer
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Williston, NDMay 20, 2014
No bells and whistles here, you are trained knowing your expectations from the get go. Do not expect any upward mobility, employee reviews or even standard employment briefings. This place is for the young and desperate.
Poor management
Sales Sonsultant (Former Employee), Green Bay, WiMay 18, 2014
Pros: customer interactions
Cons: managment interactions, poor training
Very poor management, low pay, no advancement - all in all horrible place to find a career!
Confirming the glass ceiling
Store Manager (Current Employee), PAMay 11, 2014
This company will never let a female become a district manager or obtain a position any higher than store manager. It is a waste of time if you are a female driven by the opportunity of advancing in your career.
Best Premium Retailer in the United States! Expanding rapidly!
General Store Manager (Current Employee), Central MinnesotaApril 25, 2014
Pros: health benefits, base + commission, room for growth
This is a phenomenal company to work for. Tremendous room for advancement. Performance driven industry. I find some of these reviews without seating because you are literally the only thing that could hold yourself back. You can advance as far as you push yourself in this company & it will take care of you in return. Leadership is great, hands-on management. You'll never be bored working in wireless! Customer service is KEY, we take care of our customers at Z!
Unorganized management and poor pay.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), MinnesotaMarch 17, 2014
Cons: pay, hours, lack of culture.
Company is definitely headed in the wrong direction. They pay their employees (even those that have several years experience) peanuts and expect them to move the sun. If you are a store manager, be prepared to work 55 hours and get paid for 40 with a very small base wage. Management will criticize you for performance on things that they never taught you how to do. You are only a number to them and you can be passed along as easy as the next guy. Really poor leadership and back end. You also get no discount on phones, yet they want you to have the latest and greatest.
No room to grow/advance
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: commission, growing company
Cons: commission pay is terrible. very shady, made pay changes without telling anyone
Worked there for two years and was promised promotion and raise multiple times by regional manager, got one after about the 5th promise. Compensation is not good unless you are in a larger market/store. They would constantly make changes to how we were paid without telling anyone and wait until someone noticed.
You're in control of your future.
Store Manager (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: ownership as a store manager. free lunches and awards from boss for hitting goals, playing with all the new electronics.
Cons: long hours. mean customers. constantly changing expectations.
I've went though a couple of phases. It was a good job, then it got terrible, and now it's starting to get OK again.

I love being able to "own by business". We talk a lot about being a "team" and "business owners" and as a stores manager, I really feel like I am part of a team. I frequently talk to other managers in our district even through they are miles apart. I set the schedule, order inventory, supplies, coach, sell, you name it. I enjoy having that kind of total ownership.

Things are constantly changing, but that's just the wireless industry in general. We can make great money (10%+ of commission) but the report to track what you make is terrible. The corporate office seems very shady and sneaky at times.

My direct boss is fantastic. Supportive, understanding, and helps me get better through the struggles. The upper management above him doesn't seem to care about the field. There is a lot of "do it or you are fired" from the higher level management.

All and all, it is what you make it. Be a positive person, and you will have a positive experience.
Glass Ceiling!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Western, PAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: commission, co-workers, customers
Cons: glass ceiling, hours
WARNING: If you are a female and want advancement opportunity you need not apply here. ZWireless will never let you be anything more than a store manager. If that is all you want great then it's an OKAY job to have.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAOctober 7, 2013
Helped customers all day. Sold phones. Hardest part of job was teaching customers how to use their phones.
Sales (Former Employee), NebraskaSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: laid back
Cons: no real benefits, no monthly phone discounts for family
No real training. Inflated fees that corporate Verizon does not have. Management is horrible. No drug testing. No live phones. Not worth the pay!!! Not a job u can go home and be excited about returning to the next day.
Awful
Sales consultant (Former Employee), PaJune 20, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: shady management
The are shady and steal your money for no reason and do not pay their employees..$30000 a year blah your lucky to make $15000
Great opportunity in the wireless industry.
Senior Vice-President (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 13, 2013
I would be glad to discuss in person at great length.

This company doubled in size within the time I have been here.
It is driven by a Private Equity group that is a highly motivated seller.

Z Wireless Salaries