Z Wireless Employee Reviews in United States

Great Benefits
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 1, 2016
My peers and lower management are great.
Great health benefits.

Typical day travel to different locations, discussed trends and year over year success.
Fast paced growth company in a fast paced retail tech space.
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 24, 2015
This is a great place to work in a fast paced industry including some of the greatest technology you can place in your hand.

The business is partnered with some of the best vendors and tech companies in the world, such as Verizon Wireless, Samsung, Motorola, LG to name a few.

Anyone can find a position that will offer them great income opportunity, upward mobility, and challenge to keep each day fun and interesting.

The company is also comprised of some of the strongest executive leaders in the industry.
Pros
Fun products and great opportunities to meet amazing people.
Cons
Tough to keep up if you're not used to a fast paced industry like wireless retail.
Great place to work. Great coworkers and management
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New London, WIJanuary 25, 2016
I am very fond of Z Wireless. My coworkers were awesome, management was great, it was a nice atmosphere, they were willing to work around my schedule. The only issue is that I am not a salesman. If you are looking for a sales job that pays pretty well and is pretty relaxed with great people to work with, this is the job for you.
A great place to get experience
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 24, 2015
I liked working at Z Wireless. It's a very what you see is what you get sort of company. I think I was well compensated, which was the primary motivator. The culture was wanting, but all things considered, that wasn't a surprise. They were very good at efficiency and corporate governance. I would go back to work for them again.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
No job security
cut throat company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHFebruary 27, 2016
if you have morals than you will hate this place. you have to screw every customer that walks in the door just to meet the unrealistic goals of this place.
Pros
great pay
Cons
does not care about employees only the bottom dollar
Best Premium Retailer in the United States! Expanding rapidly!
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Central MinnesotaApril 25, 2014
This is a phenomenal company to work for. Tremendous room for advancement. Performance driven industry. I find some of these reviews without seating because you are literally the only thing that could hold yourself back. You can advance as far as you push yourself in this company & it will take care of you in return. Leadership is great, hands-on management. You'll never be bored working in wireless! Customer service is KEY, we take care of our customers at Z!
Pros
health benefits, base + commission, room for growth
Terrible place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 6, 2015
The company is a joke, which is why they are always hiring. Upper management only cares about numbers. The pay is ridiculously low, and hours are long. Realistically, you are better off working at Walmart or Target, the pay and hours are way better.
Pros
management experience
Cons
The company is all about numbers, glass ceiling, upper management make a lot of promises they will never keep, they say they look out for the customer, but they add unneeded fees, the commission is a joke, so is the security of the store in a kiosk environment, long hours with no breaks. Never work there.
No room to grow/advance
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAMarch 9, 2014
Worked there for two years and was promised promotion and raise multiple times by regional manager, got one after about the 5th promise. Compensation is not good unless you are in a larger market/store. They would constantly make changes to how we were paid without telling anyone and wait until someone noticed.
Pros
commission, growing company
Cons
commission pay is terrible. very shady, made pay changes without telling anyone
Productive and loved to travel
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 2, 2015
I was hired as a sales consultant and quickly moved up to assistant manager, because of my love and passion for technology. Later on that year I was promoted to Store Manager and later on that year to District Manager. I loved the drives between my 5 stores which where in different cities!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
had to work saturdays
Sales (Former Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 19, 2013
No real training. Inflated fees that corporate Verizon does not have. Management is horrible. No drug testing. No live phones. Not worth the pay!!! Not a job u can go home and be excited about returning to the next day.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no real benefits, no monthly phone discounts for family
You're in control of your future.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 4, 2014
I've went though a couple of phases. It was a good job, then it got terrible, and now it's starting to get OK again.

I love being able to "own by business". We talk a lot about being a "team" and "business owners" and as a stores manager, I really feel like I am part of a team. I frequently talk to other managers in our district even through they are miles apart. I set the schedule, order inventory, supplies, coach, sell, you name it. I enjoy having that kind of total ownership.

Things are constantly changing, but that's just the wireless industry in general. We can make great money (10%+ of commission) but the report to track what you make is terrible. The corporate office seems very shady and sneaky at times.

My direct boss is fantastic. Supportive, understanding, and helps me get better through the struggles. The upper management above him doesn't seem to care about the field. There is a lot of "do it or you are fired" from the higher level management.

All and all, it is what you make it. Be a positive person, and you will have a positive experience.
Pros
ownership as a store manager. free lunches and awards from boss for hitting goals, playing with all the new electronics.
Cons
long hours. mean customers. constantly changing expectations.
owned by an investment firm that only care about numbers
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioOctober 3, 2014
I worked for this company before it was bought by an investment firm and it was fantastic. Commission was fair and consistent with your work performance. Since the company buy out, we as sales associates were forced to rob our customers and we too were robbed by upper management. We were pitted against our managers for sales which created a hostile environment. I personally was #1 in sales in my district at the time of my departure. My manager was micro managed by another store manager because they could not handle the stress load that was trickling down from upper management and had minimal knowledge of how to run day to day operations. The company had a policy at the time I worked for them that was illegal. They charged sales rep 2 times the amount discounted from the price of a sale in which you are forced to sign customers up to receive. Not signing the customer up for the additional service was a write up. I've witness management set an employee up by having someone come to the store and harass the employee and the customers that they were attending too. When the employee asked the person to stop, they were reprimanded and fired for doing the right thing. That particular location was more of a social gathering for management than a business. The employees who met company standards were released and those who didn't remained. HR needs an overhaul because the illegal practices leave the company open to lawsuits. I have documentation to back up every statement made in this review. The bottom line is this, if you're looking for something to hold you over until you find something  more... reliable and pays fair. Go for it and understand that you are only going to have your hourly rate to fall back on which is minimal pay. This job is just a time filler until you get a better offer to better yourself.  less
Pros
sales experience
Cons
poor management, poor commission, hr does zero investigation into complaints, you are pitted to compete with management for sales, no benefits.
Sales Job
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 8, 2012
Good place to work. Lots of great people and a fun place to work.
Pros
good people work with
Cons
no benefits
Glass ceiling and Discrimination
worker (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 24, 2014
Being over qualified for a position, only for it to go to a man who was very under qualified proved to me this company only cares about men unless your in hr as a womans job, This company will illegally fire you with no proof or write up. They believe the hear say of other employees that have been continuously wrote up with bad performance. not only getting one person fired but two and crying wolf saying things of harassment again with no proof. Do not work for this company unless you want drama, not being able to talk to anyone without the fear of them turning you into hr and being terminated and poor pay. They will take your commission and will not shed a tear for you. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR SOUL AND NOT BE PROMOTED.
Cons
illegal terminations, poor pay
Unorganized management and poor pay.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 17, 2014
Company is definitely headed in the wrong direction. They pay their employees (even those that have several years experience) peanuts and expect them to move the sun. If you are a store manager, be prepared to work 55 hours and get paid for 40 with a very small base wage. Management will criticize you for performance on things that they never taught you how to do. You are only a number to them and you can be passed along as easy as the next guy. Really poor leadership and back end. You also get no discount on phones, yet they want you to have the latest and greatest.
Cons
pay, hours, lack of culture.
Don't do it
sales associate (Current Employee) –  wisconsinAugust 24, 2014
I understand most people don't have much good to say about their job, but this one takes the cap cake. There's never enough employees working, you rip customers off knowing they can get it without bogus fees and agreements at any other store. They expect a million things from you and barely pay part time wages. They'll tell you that you make good commission, but you dont. Not only is it taxed like crazy but they find every reason possible to charge you back on sales. You'd be better off at McDonald's flipping burgers.
Cons
no healthcare, terrible wages, horrible management
Good work environment, a little unorganized it seems
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arnolds Park IAJune 21, 2014
I enjoy working with Z Wireless overall. I just wish that they didn't take 40% of our commission checks. Then it would be excellent.
Pros
discounted phone plan for singles. commission. promotion within company. experience in sales.
Cons
none that really other than the amount withheld from commission not sure that is zs fault.
stay away
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJanuary 31, 2015
I've worked for this company for two years now, started out as a great place to work until they were bought out by an outside company. There is nothing good to say about this company. Horrible management and horrible pay , most unethical place I've ever worked.
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay, hours, management
Fun and Energetic Place
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 22, 2015
Open or close the store
Gained knowledge in sales
Chill Coworkers
Meeting sales demands can be difficult at times but you learn a lot
Fun Job
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMarch 4, 2015
This was my employer through college. They were great about working around my schedule and always catered to my schooling. The commission is not great, but they were growing at the time of my employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Z Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9