Z Wireless Employee Reviews

Wonderful company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDJanuary 13, 2017
A great company that offers many learning experiences. Small base pay, but the commission scaling is more than enough. I would definitely recommend working for this company.
Great place to grow your experience portfolio
IT (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 22, 2016
Z Wireless was a great place to work, so long as you have the understanding that you aren't going to be there for more than a few years.
Pros
Lot's of experience quickly
Cons
No job security
Great Benefits
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 1, 2016
My peers and lower management are great.
Great health benefits.

Typical day travel to different locations, discussed trends and year over year success.
cut throat company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHFebruary 27, 2016
if you have morals than you will hate this place. you have to screw every customer that walks in the door just to meet the unrealistic goals of this place.
Pros
great pay
Cons
does not care about employees only the bottom dollar
Great place to work. Great coworkers and management
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New London, WIJanuary 25, 2016
I am very fond of Z Wireless. My coworkers were awesome, management was great, it was a nice atmosphere, they were willing to work around my schedule. The only issue is that I am not a salesman. If you are looking for a sales job that pays pretty well and is pretty relaxed with great people to work with, this is the job for you.
Fast paced growth company in a fast paced retail tech space.
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 24, 2015
This is a great place to work in a fast paced industry including some of the greatest technology you can place in your hand.

The business is partnered with some of the best vendors and tech companies in the world, such as Verizon Wireless, Samsung, Motorola, LG to name a few.

Anyone can find a position that will offer them great income opportunity, upward mobility, and challenge to keep each day fun and interesting.

The company is also comprised of some of the strongest executive leaders in the industry.
Pros
Fun products and great opportunities to meet amazing people.
Cons
Tough to keep up if you're not used to a fast paced industry like wireless retail.
Productive and loved to travel
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 2, 2015
I was hired as a sales consultant and quickly moved up to assistant manager, because of my love and passion for technology. Later on that year I was promoted to Store Manager and later on that year to District Manager. I loved the drives between my 5 stores which where in different cities!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
had to work saturdays
A great place to get experience
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 24, 2015
I liked working at Z Wireless. It's a very what you see is what you get sort of company. I think I was well compensated, which was the primary motivator. The culture was wanting, but all things considered, that wasn't a surprise. They were very good at efficiency and corporate governance. I would go back to work for them again.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
No job security
Fun and Energetic Place
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 22, 2015
Open or close the store
Gained knowledge in sales
Chill Coworkers
Meeting sales demands can be difficult at times but you learn a lot
Terrible place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 6, 2015
The company is a joke, which is why they are always hiring. Upper management only cares about numbers. The pay is ridiculously low, and hours are long. Realistically, you are better off working at Walmart or Target, the pay and hours are way better.
Pros
management experience
Cons
The company is all about numbers, glass ceiling, upper management make a lot of promises they will never keep, they say they look out for the customer, but they add unneeded fees, the commission is a joke, so is the security of the store in a kiosk environment, long hours with no breaks. Never work there.
Fun Job
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMarch 4, 2015
This was my employer through college. They were great about working around my schedule and always catered to my schooling. The commission is not great, but they were growing at the time of my employment.
stay away
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJanuary 31, 2015
I've worked for this company for two years now, started out as a great place to work until they were bought out by an outside company. There is nothing good to say about this company. Horrible management and horrible pay , most unethical place I've ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Run Dont walk from here
applicant (Former Employee) –  Macedonia OhioOctober 4, 2014
Terrible customer service , they could care less if you have a problem. They also refused to out a screen protector on because they were not trained on it.....No one would help.
Pros
Cons
pay, service, attitude
owned by an investment firm that only care about numbers
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioOctober 3, 2014
I worked for this company before it was bought by an investment firm and it was fantastic. Commission was fair and consistent with your work performance. Since the company buy out, we as sales associates were forced to rob our customers and we too were robbed by upper management. We were pitted against our managers for sales which created a hostile environment. I personally was #1 in sales in my district at the time of my departure. My manager was micro managed by another store manager because they could not handle the stress load that was trickling down from upper management and had minimal knowledge of how to run day to day operations. The company had a policy at the time I worked for them that was illegal. They charged sales rep 2 times the amount discounted from the price of a sale in which you are forced to sign customers up to receive. Not signing the customer up for the additional service was a write up. I've witness management set an employee up by having someone come to the store and harass the employee and the customers that they were attending too. When the employee asked the person to stop, they were reprimanded and fired for doing the right thing. That particular location was more of a social gathering for management than a business. The employees who met company standards were released and those who didn't remained. HR needs an overhaul because the illegal practices leave the company open to lawsuits. I have documentation to back up every statement made in this review. The bottom line is this, if you're looking for something to hold you over until you find something  more... reliable and pays fair. Go for it and understand that you are only going to have your hourly rate to fall back on which is minimal pay. This job is just a time filler until you get a better offer to better yourself.  less
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Poor management, poor commission, HR does zero investigation into complaints, you are pitted to compete with management for sales, no benefits.
Don't do it
sales associate (Current Employee) –  wisconsinAugust 24, 2014
I understand most people don't have much good to say about their job, but this one takes the cap cake. There's never enough employees working, you rip customers off knowing they can get it without bogus fees and agreements at any other store. They expect a million things from you and barely pay part time wages. They'll tell you that you make good commission, but you dont. Not only is it taxed like crazy but they find every reason possible to charge you back on sales. You'd be better off at McDonald's flipping burgers.
Pros
Cons
No healthcare, terrible wages, horrible management
Glass ceiling and Discrimination
worker (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 24, 2014
Being over qualified for a position, only for it to go to a man who was very under qualified proved to me this company only cares about men unless your in hr as a womans job, This company will illegally fire you with no proof or write up. They believe the hear say of other employees that have been continuously wrote up with bad performance. not only getting one person fired but two and crying wolf saying things of harassment again with no proof. Do not work for this company unless you want drama, not being able to talk to anyone without the fear of them turning you into hr and being terminated and poor pay. They will take your commission and will not shed a tear for you. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR SOUL AND NOT BE PROMOTED.
Cons
illegal terminations, poor pay
Good work environment, a little unorganized it seems
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arnolds Park IAJune 21, 2014
I enjoy working with Z Wireless overall. I just wish that they didn't take 40% of our commission checks. Then it would be excellent.
Pros
Discounted phone plan for singles. Commission. Promotion within company. Experience in sales.
Cons
None that really other than the amount withheld from commission not sure that is Zs fault.
Typical Verizon Retailer
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 20, 2014
No bells and whistles here, you are trained knowing your expectations from the get go. Do not expect any upward mobility, employee reviews or even standard employment briefings. This place is for the young and desperate.
Poor management
Sales Sonsultant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WiMay 18, 2014
Very poor management, low pay, no advancement - all in all horrible place to find a career!
Pros
Customer Interactions
Cons
Managment Interactions, Poor training
Confirming the glass ceiling
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  PAMay 11, 2014
This company will never let a female become a district manager or obtain a position any higher than store manager. It is a waste of time if you are a female driven by the opportunity of advancing in your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Z Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9