Zachry Construction Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great company to work for
laborer (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXSeptember 13, 2017
This is a construction company who sends you to different job sites.The company overall is a good company to work for great people to surround yourself with and always training you on every job.
Good temporary company
Ironworker Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Great company to work for, but unless you know the right people the jobs always come to an end and a lot of times there is no warning of the job ending. So lay offs suck!!!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Jobs end
Experience
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I started in the civil department and was able to craft out into the Electrical department. I enjoyed being able to learn something new and having peers to look up to if I needed to ask any questions. The days were steady but sometimes fast paced, as is any construction job.
Pros
Learned a new craft
Cons
Short breaks, bad parking lot
Too much moving around
warehouse/helper/janitorial (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 11, 2017
When you first start you might stat under one job but as time goes on you will be doing everything with no training even when you ask for it and if you mess up they will write you up.Lots of unfair managers that don't communicate with you they want you to be a mind reader.
Pros
must bring lunch everyday you can not leave for lunch
great working enviroment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXSeptember 8, 2017
I would recommend working for Zachry inc. to other people, reason being is that they give great benefits with good pay, the environment is brightening and also challenging in the field.
Great place to work at
Junior Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work at and safe and good environment. Good safety cultural and good hours and good pay and management. Recommend it for anybody in area.
Zachry
Project Safety Support Manager - FLNG Freeport (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2017
My only problem with this company is I am away from home and want to be closer. The jobs that ZHI has now are only in TX and the ones that are closer to my home they did not pick me to go to them. So if you live close to a job it seems that you are sent to ones that are not close.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not close to my home
great coworkers
Safety Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Great company to work for, you have to see for yourself to experience all aspects of a company, good or bad experience depend on every individual. Not enough support from field supervision when comes to safety related issues.
Productive and great workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Can be stressful at times
Great work environment
Management is always willing to work you if anything happens unexpectedly in your daily/personal life
Carpenter Helper III (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TX 77541September 5, 2017
Typical day began with a brief meeting about day's goals. Management was o.k. and workplace culture was good. Allowed to work independently-- very few slackers on this jobsite. Teamwork was very evident.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Can't think of any
Great Company Benefits
SAP Coordinator/Access Specialist/Maint Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Zachry offers great benefits. My experience is not a typical. I was embedded with a large corporation, so I had very little interaction with Zachry employees.
Pipe Fitter Assistant
Pipe Fitter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 31, 2017
Always arrive 15 plus minutes early, so I am prepared for whatever is on the agenda. Once everyone is ready to start we all decide what is the best course of action. We all work as a team to work smarter not harder. Everyone was always professional and carried themselves in a respectful manner. The hardest part I would say was having to call it quits for the day. I really looked forward to coming to work each and every day. I feel if you don't learn something new every day even if it was only some good advice I feel you've wasted you day.
Pros
Good people and managment to work for and with
I would definetly recommend this company
Diaster field worker inspector (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 31, 2017
Great opportunity working with this company. The only thing, is that they do a lot of laying off. I like the fact that they hire older people, women and people of all colors with or without experience.
Nice work place everyone got along well with each other to get the job done
Oiler helper (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, LAAugust 29, 2017
We was working at the power plant during the shutdown and had to change pumps on machinery and also drain and put new oil in all the machines,we done that everyday until everything on the shutdown was done
Pros
Cafeteria on work site
Cons
Walking up high levels
Si me gusta trabajar con zachry
Iron worker (Current Employee) –  Taft, LAAugust 27, 2017
Me gusta esta empresa por su pago sus beneficios su horario
Good place to get started
Systems Support/Customer Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2017
Good place to work. Better if you work at the home office if you want to grow and advance. The smaller offices have a more relaxed culture and are more fun.
Good Company
Project Manager / Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2017
Good company

Great benefits and good company. Certain level of misunderstanding between field staff and upper management. Numerous management staff members looking only to benefit themselves and not well being of employees
Typical Construction
Source Inspector (Current Employee) –  CB&I F&S in Walker la.August 24, 2017
Good company to work for. management was always available. My Immediate supervisor was on top of things and always supported his crew. i just wish they had more work in my area.
Very friendly environment
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 24, 2017
You get to work with great people it's a very safety friendly environment! You get to learn new ways of working with a partner and learn how to operate new and big equipment!
Zachry Group
Lead Maintenance Laborer (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXAugust 23, 2017
This company works based off of the buddy system. If you're one of the "good ol boys" then they look out for you. If not you can hang it up. You're only a number to them. They commend you for being a snitch and a snake. They don't care about how loyal or dedicated you are to your job and busting your butt for them because the first oppurtunity they get, you will be out the gate. The managment is horrible and they have brought the moral down to where no one cares about anything because they show you no appreciation for the hard work that you do. They are constantly on the hunt to catch you doing wrong.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zachry Construction Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Zachry Construction Corporation Reviews by Location