Zachry Construction Corporation

Zachry Construction Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company!
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Zachry is very safety oriented, pays well, decent benefits, advancement is decent as long as you have tools. Down side is the management is a joke and the project manager loves to switch schedules every few months.
Pros
Good pay, safe work enviroment
Cons
Manegement is a joke
Productive and great company to work for.
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 11, 2016
Zachry is a family first company, that cares about their employees.
And they also have and provide the best service for the consumers..
They offer excellent pay and great benefits.
Pros
family first, great benefits and pay.
Great plant to work at
Multi Craft Foreman (Former Employee) –  Juliette, GAMay 21, 2016
I had been working at plant scherer for several years under different company's. Good people to work with. Then zachry got the contract. Only down side to zachry was the 2 account managers were grade a donkeys. Most people working there thought they were trying to run everyone off. The did run a lot of people off that had been working at that site for years.One of them was told to leave. By the plant
Pros
GREAT PAY GOOD BENEFITS GOOD PEOPLE
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Zachry is a good company
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2016
I switched from granite to Zachry after the HRT project to build the grand pkwy... Good company and great benefits. I switched because I didn't feel like moving to South Carolina. If they were to come back to Houston I'd gladly jump back on board.
Pros
Work
Cons
Jobs end
Zachry is a good company to work for
Laberor (Former Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXOctober 18, 2016
Zachry is one of the best company's I've worked for with great pay and good benefits. I definitely enjoyed working for Zachry
I would enjoy working for Zachry again.
Safety 3 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working for Zachry even though I had to quit due to a family emergency. Good Company. Good Pay and Benefits. And good people to work with.
decent job with decent pay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Soda Springs, IDAugust 8, 2016
i enjoyed working for zachry but you will work long hours for long periods of time when the plant is on shutdown. management is good for the most part.
Pros
decent pay, safety
Cons
advancement is tough
fair company
pipefitter/boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXJune 30, 2016
They're a fair company but not the best. They pay lower than most companies. It's hard work and they do give mandatory breaks but their benefits are terrible. If you make a mistake you're out of there.
Cons
low pay
Productive and fun
Senior Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasJune 7, 2016
A great company to work for they treat the employees great. They offer great benefits and a good 401K. If you motivated it a great place to work
Zachry
Corporate Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2016
A great place to work for the up and coming. Not such a great place if the budget for your job gets pulled. Long hours and lots of travel required for my job.
benefits
Cons
hours
Expeditor
Project Expeditor II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2016
I think the company overall is a great place to work. It has some excellent benefits and a beautiful campus.
They have a 5 star cafe and great gym
Zachry
Project Safety Support Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2016
Worked on a site. My typical day consisted of field audits, documentations, training. Manager was a good project manager that really worked with me on all safety issues.
benefits
Cons
hours
State of Flux
Designer III (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2016
The company is in a state of flux in terms of SOP organization, standards, new hire training, training in general. They have little to no standards set up so everyone does things their own way, which makes it hard to keep track of how different engineers want their work done, as well as following up work someone else has done.
There is also no clear view of expectations, so you are constantly chasing your tail on everything you do.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good, location is nice
Laborer/Warehouse
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 14, 2016
I had the 6-6, 12 hours a day type of work when I worked for this company. I would clock in and immediately the day would begin as I started going through my paperwork and my assigned duties for the day. I learned that multitasking was something that could be mastered and appreciated in the construction world. My management and co-workers were definitely different than what I had encountered before. They were the type that if you could not hang with the best then you can pack your stuff and leave; so I had to learn quickly and always be better than the person standing next to me if I wanted to have a job. The hardest part of my job was always the long hours and no personal time off. When you get off at 6 pm every night or later you have no personal time to get things done. You end up choosing your work over your relationships, sleep, family, and other things. The most enjoyable part was once I mastered my multitasking skills I was able to do 5 things at once and still take on more responsibility. It helped me when upper management takes a look at my logs and see's how much I do a day; there's a since of pride that goes along with being noticed for how far you come than when you first start.
Pros
money adds up with no days off.
Cons
long hours, no days off
Carpenter Helper 3
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 28, 2016
If you do not speak Spanish then don't bother. The Freeport LNG location does not take breaks and you're rarely in shade so if you can't bear the heat 60 plus hours a week don't bother.

Communication is a major obstacle. Information does not flow through the chain well.

Safety is stressed HARDCORE, this despite their insistence that you work 10 hours a day with only 30 min lunch and no breaks.

The Spanish speaking people tend to take care of their own, so if you're not a Spanish speaker plan on working your butt off harder than everyone else.

The pay for my position was laborer pay most other places including other Zachrys locations.

I was a carpenter, yet I was only hired as a Carpenter Helper because they weren't hiring carpenters I was told. Most of the time I was doing laborer work.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for hours
Cons
Long hours with NO breaks, Nepotism, favoritism and serious lack of communication.
new construction site, nice lunch area
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXOctober 17, 2016
Working on control terminations in all electrical rooms. I had a great working relationship with my co-workers and management team. The hardest part of my job was having to carry materials by hand. In my previous employment we had ATV's to take tools, etc. to the area we were working in. The most enjoyable part was getting a lot of hands on work done each day.
Pros
appreciation lunches once a month, free breakfast & lunch once a month
Cons
only water break & lunch break
Process driven enviroment.
Project Safety Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Great company to work for and/or with. Competitive rates but not top of the line. Every site is different based on the client you are supporting and management team.
Pros
Security
Cons
Not enough trasparency between sites.
Outstanding Company
Safety Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, MOAugust 18, 2016
Working with Zachry has been a great life changing experience. I am presently working with this company on the Arizona Outages during the beginning of the year. The Management care deeply for the worker and the company puts forth the greatest effort to keep their employees safe. It is the one company I have worked for that puts Safety before production.
Pros
Zachry always reward the employees for safe work habits
Cons
I see no cons to this company at allo
Good Money, Long/Slow Work
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXFebruary 18, 2016
The benefits are nice and the work isn't too difficult to perform, but the general atmosphere and the typical work day leave much to be desired.
Pros
Compensation, Easy Work, Safety
Cons
Prejudice (sometimes racist/sexist)
Productive and it was a fun place to work
Utility Worker/Utility Supervisor/ S/D Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 15, 2016
Yes productive and loved what I was doing loved my coworker and the worker that was working for me but management was not good my job was cut and I move to a other and management didn't made the right change with me
Pros
no free lunch but they did feed thier employee alot
Cons
Short breaks and very good healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zachry Construction Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Zachry Construction Corporation Reviews by Location