Zachry Construction Corporation Employee Reviews

I learned a lot, great pay
Maintenance Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXJune 4, 2017
Zachry is a great company to be with. They are more than willing to teach people who are eager to learn. The pay is great. The employees are all very nice and positive.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours/ Hazardous environment
Good company to work for, they keep you busy
Startup Technician, iron worker, crane and rigging (Current Employee) –  Wharton, TXJune 3, 2017
I have been with Zachry for 4 1/2 years. My experience has been good, there is currently a bit of a slow down, which is why I am looking for Employment elsewhere.
Pros
A lot of hours and room for advancement
Cons
I have never felt like more than a number to them
zachry
AP/AR PAYROLL BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2017
they are a great company to work for, and advance you often depending on your skills. Enjoyed working for this company, did not want to travel anymore to stay with this company
Productive and good place to work
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 1, 2017
got along with co workers
enjoyed work
learned new things and how to be better at my job and learned easier ways of fabricating different types of piping
Pros
frequent company dinners
Cons
Lots of fresh air jobs
All new work .
Foreman, Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters (Former Employee) –  Eastover, SCMay 31, 2017
A diverse group of craft personnel.The project involved many contractors and work areas would be prioritized and scheduled.Learning about different cultures and opinions were interesting.
Pros
safety awards, gifts.
Cons
no breaks except lunch
Great job
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 30, 2017
Was a great job would
Go back if they call
Me! Working 50 hrs a week!! Problem
With the pipe and a coating so they laid me off was a great job great people friendly and good group of
People works was steady some times it was rushed!! Foreman was a good guy never asked to much of us.. when it was hot was aloud breaks to cool down was a great job would
Like to go back
Zachry
Laborer, expeditor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 30, 2017
By far this was my favorite job and i would definitely want to grow as and employee with zachry. I love everything about this company if they called me to come to work today im dropping everything and going. I was most successful at this company
Pros
Love everything about all pros
Cons
No cons
if you were not in the clique you did not belong
Industrial Hygienist, Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 29, 2017
My last assignment was not a good one. my direct supervisor was not professional and knowledgeable of the his role. I felt that I was not part of the team since day one. I asked what I could do to help out but it seems like it did not help even when I stressed that I like working with a team. Out of all my years working as a safety professional this was the only group that did not work as a team.
Pros
Family oriented company
Cons
Cliques did not except others
it was a all around great experience
General Laborer/ Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 25, 2017
a typical day would be stretching in the tent before work,learned how to communicate with your co-workers and supervisors,management assured safety by leading a safety meeting every morning,some days were hot and some were cold,the hardest part of the job would be seing someone get hurt on the job and the most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the finished results it was the most exciting
Pros
nice environment
Cons
short breaks
No leadership at this site
Crane Supervisor \SAFETY \TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMay 25, 2017
TO MANY JOB TITLES WITH NO HELP FROM MANAGEMENT .But Zachry as a company is a good group of people .This was just a bad site.
People put in to leadership that need more training in the job there hired to do. General Managers letting General Foremans dictate the job and holding personal grudges.
Pros
Training
Cons
Job threatened each day
productive and professional
Carpenter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 22, 2017
This company is one of the best companies i have work for. Have great job training and health benefits. A great safety culture. The supervision look out for you and show interest in the employees growth..
Pros
great health benefits
nice people and fun to work with
Combination Welder / QC (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXMay 22, 2017
The work day was good. The people you get to work with are ez going. The work was hard and grueling.
Team work was the key to getting the job done. Communication and safety was the key.
Pros
great brakes
Cons
weather
job was alright and supervisor was fair
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 21, 2017
loved my job, however got layoff to fast. the supervisor was fair, was a great company to work for, had a great 401 k programs and was entitled to vacation and benefits.
Great place to fulfill your career!
QA/QC for the I/E dept. at Ineos BMC (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 19, 2017
Zachry is a great place to work. The company is centered around the safety of its employees and providing quality work to many clients throughout the U.S. Zachry provides jobs for almost every type of craftsman and offers competitive wages and employee benefits. It is so good to work around a group which supports one another and you always feel part of a team.
Pros
Long term employment
Cons
Dangerous environment
Good job
Road Crew (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 17, 2017
I work for Zachary for about 3mounths it's a good job. They are a wonderful company and would tell other people about them.i would like going back to this company but I just want something different maybe a inside job. Thank you.
Pros
Company and people
Cons
It's hard work
CWI inspector (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 17, 2017
Good place to work. Good company to work for. I had lots of opportunities to gain more skills and advance. Every day was a little different which I enjoyed.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Was shut down..hard work .giod pay
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  SweenyMay 17, 2017
Drove fuel truck during shutdown..hard work great pay..sadly it ended...so..it was ...long hours..hard work..noisy..rushing around..sorry it made me keep adding stuff
Pros
Great pay
Cons
It ended
Very proiductive and fast paced,
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 16, 2017
A typical day goes by quickly, there is lots of work to do. Permit to work have to be obtained, and Job Hazard Analysis created.

Management ensures that work is consistent with requirements, and ensure that all employees have required PPE
Workplace culture is diverse, but need growth potential for employees who seek, higher education, and desire more responsibility.

There is not really a hard part of the job, it just takes time getting used to. Every project has a start and finish time. Finishing all projects on time is critical.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team to accomplish a common goal.
Other than my foreman
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYMay 16, 2017
I love industrial electrical work, I feel that the crew I was with really understood quality and loved to teach people new things as often as possible for the mutual betterment.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Lots of travel
Not fast paced but stressful due to poor planning
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXMay 15, 2017
The job was very relaxed but due to poor planning and lack of skilled workers the job was stressful. Alot of people in management employing family members and putting them in positions they weren't qualified for.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Lack of skilled employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zachry Construction Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Zachry Construction Corporation Reviews by Location