I have a contract position for a Systems Engineer/Data Modeler in Falls Church, Va.
* DoD Active SECRET Clearance required *
The Systems Engineer / Data Modeler will:
- Create the data architecture strategy for the organization.
- Advise implementation teams with creating physical and logical data models.
- Work jointly with the data services teams in developing the data objects and data models to support data services under a service-oriented architecture approach.
- Collaborates with business, service, and enterprise architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture to maximize the value of information across the organization.
- Collaborates with user experience specialists to advise the development of design specifications that will improve the performance, usability, and effectiveness of customer facing interfaces.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree and 8+ years of experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex technical terminology and impact in terms that non-technical management understands
- Solid understanding of DoD acquisition lifecycle policies, processes and milestones. Experience decomposing working system-level requirements into architecture and design requirements. Significant experience in verifying and selling off system-level requirements.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
- Broad understanding of the issues affecting IT in the Customer.
- Good understanding of Customer mission and mission business process knowledge applied to projects. Good understanding of Customer Culture.
- Ability to work with external organizations
- Familiarity with the Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of DOD policies, and mandates applicable to DOD agencies.