Zale Corporation - Field US Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible
jewelry sales (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 29, 2015
Rude and lazy management, terrible benefits, no training. If you want to get thrown into a job and left there not knowing what to do while the manager leaves, then apply. But you only get 1 percent commission and your job is threatened if you don't make your highly unrealistic sales goal.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Zale corporation and affiliate stores ARE HORRIBLE TO EMPLOYEES
jewelry consultant (Former Employee) –  South TexasNovember 5, 2015
I worked here for a good while , It is a horrible ! Extremely NEGATIVE environment ! Since they were bought out by signet jewlers a lot of things changed and for the worst. I was very successful at what I did and was rarely given a pat on the back, And when they wanted to give us an incentive they were told by the higher ups not to.... Expectations are crazy to achieve and if you don't hit your 5 metrics you'll be out quick. All of my coworkers were unhappy and wanted to quit also . They hire constantly because people have been quiting so much in the last year and for good reasons. At first they will paint a pretty picture! That's not the case dont be fooled . Its very few hours and they will keep hiring .. Commission is the worst started at 1% you're lucky if you hit 3% which is very difficult . . Management is not professional at all there was alot of favortism where i worked, i was missrable going to work everday.... CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!
Cons
commission structure, work environment, moral, coworkers, management, favoritism, no schedule flexibility, work not worth the money, filthy work conditions, No incentives
Fun place to work.
Secretary/New Store Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2015
Had a lot of support and learned a lot. It was exciting going up the ladder from, Secretary to New Store Coordinator. There was great opportunity for advancement if, you put your mind to it. I learned a lot that I could take to the classroom.
Pros
Visiting the different stores without a time limit and going to jewelry shows.
Cons
Some employee attituddes
Fun place to work
key holder (Former Employee) –  New HampshireNovember 2, 2015
Everyday was something new. I worked with a great group of people. There was alot to learn but the manager walked me thru it. It's not a job for a lazy person. You have to make sales goals that are easily attainable if you do your job right. Awesome bonus program for part timers, when i figured out my pay i was almost getting $2.00 extra per hr. I would still work there today, but i moved away.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Sometimes you have to work alone.
Clean, Bright, Fun, Informative place to work
Zales Outlet Manager emp #2981 (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NH 03860 store #2747January 2, 2013
Great place to work and grow. I was a Manager for 5 years until a bought of CANCER forsed me into retirement, after being cancer free for over 5 years I look forward to going back to work for Zales. If you do your job and produce you have a good chance of advancment.
Pros
always new product to study
Cons
have to make goals

2.8