Zale Corporation

Zale Corporation Employer Reviews

Great company and support
Store Manager (Current Employee), United StatesMarch 5, 2014
Pros: upper management support
Cons: out dated pos systems
They truly have the stores and the Employees best interest at heart. They are dedicated to every individuals success.
good work life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2014
great work life balance
difficult to move into District Management level
My past 3 years
Full Time Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Joplin, MODecember 16, 2013
I love working for this company. They take pride in every single one of their employees It is a wonderful environment to work in, full of energy, friendly faces, and smiles. They take time in working one on one with you or in teams to make sure you are trained the best in order for you perform your job responsibilities.
Great Discounts
Detail Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 10, 2013
I loved the discount I use to get with this company and I also learned a lot about the jewlery and the process.
comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 21, 2013
I enjoyed working at Zale Corporation, its a very comfortable place to work at.
Good Place To Work
Wage Garnishment Administrator (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: company store, cafeteria, piercing pagoda outlet, parties
Cons: very busy
Very busy, processed garnishments..
The perks were in-building cafeteria, company store, Piercing Pagoda outlet (open once every few months or so?), pretty good holiday parties, discount, silent auctions, great buying opportunities..
Zales Employment Summary
Store Manager (Former Employee), The Florida Mall, Orlando FLSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: store level advancement opportunities, benefits and salary structure
Cons: lack of advancement past store management, lack of organizational vision, unrealistic budgeting, lack of loyalty by employees and management
Zales gave me my first opportunity at Luxury Retail Management after I left my very first employer (Pubix Supermarkets) back in 2006. As such, I have always felt a level of emotion and loyalty to the company that made me jump at the opportunity to come back in 2008. This only happened after being promised that the company leadership and direction had – more... completely changed from the first time I was there from 2004-2006.

I took over the store that Zales had at the time at the Oviedo Marketplace. After producing at over 165% to plan during my first 3 months there, I was promoted into a higher volume location (the Seminole Town Center). I again had a very high level of success and was once again promoted into one of the largest volume locations in Florida at The Florida Mall in Orlando producing at $2.5 million at the time of my arrival.

Upon taking over the store, I immediately made the adjustments that the store was in dire need of and exceeded budget every month for my first year in that position. Prior to my arrival, the store had not made a budgeted month in 18 months.

After my first year in this position, I made the very difficult decision to part from Zales following a number of poor upper management hirings that weakend the brand and made for a very demoralized work force. I jumped at the opportunity to join Movado following their impressive recruitment and offer to join their organization. – less
Some advantages to work
Customer Service Representative Part-time (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: discounts were great
Cons: no flexibility
part time job was good, great incentives, and good training. management chose temporaries advancement before employees.
Great Workplace
Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee), Irving, TxSeptember 5, 2013
My experience at Zale Corporation has been great these past ten years. Great work environment and great people. Starting as a telephone rep and working my way up to a claims adjuster has given me a lot of experience and knowledge in the insurance industry.
Accounting
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 28, 2013
Great place to work, great people. Process daily invoices, EDI analyst. Made sure EDI invoices transmitted correctly.
Sometimes challenging and great incentives!
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Burlington, VTJuly 24, 2013
Pros: selling incentives, 2 free 10 minute breaks
When I was working at the Zales in Colorado, I loved everything about it! Working with the customers, to working with my coworkers. Every day was a little different. And I enjoyed challenging myself with reaching my monthly goal as well as a personal goal.
Returning back to Zales after a leave(being a stay at home mom for 15 months), I find it to be – more... alot different. I still enjoy working with the customers, but the management is different. A typical day would include opening the store, counting the cash drawer, counting all of the cases for inventory, helping customers with whatever they need, sending out repairs, checking jewelry for needed repairs, showing/selling diamonds or other jewelry. The hardest part of my job is closing a sale on a high ticket item. – less
Zale Corp was a fun place to work, who wouldnt like working for a jewerly company.
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 12, 2013
Pros: as a empolyee we were able to get discount on merchandise.
Cons: the layoff were hard, seeing good people go
I enjoy getting up going to Zale's, my day begin with pulling reports that was needed to start my day. Management was a group of people that respect you and the work you done for the company. At any given notice if needed to assist you with issues that you may be have with vendors and get it corrected. Also had a open mind at your ideals to save the – more... company money, or a better way to do a job.
Co-worker were like your family, work together, and some time disagree, at the end of the day it was what was best for the company,
The hardest part of my duties was not enough hours in the day to complete every thing once layoff started and you had to take on more work.
I love the position I had, and the people that I came in contact with in a days work. We work well together, – less
Great place to work. Always motivating and challenging!
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Mankato, MNJune 7, 2013
Pros: great store discounts as well as outside discounts. exceptional full time benefits, paid time off and paid holiday as well.
Always focused on making my personal sales goal as well as the store sales goal. Love meeting new guests as they come in to make a very exciting purchase in their life. I'm always honored to be apart of the purchase of the engagement ring, anniversary band and the Mother's Day gift.
I've had two managers in the two years I've worked for this company. – more... They've both been great managers in the aspect that they motivate me to always make my goals and know exactly what to do challenge me as well. – less
Work you to death
Inventory control (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 5, 2013
I had to quit due to having continual panic attacs from working 14+ hours a day only having off Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years during the "peak" season.
You don't want to work here. ..
JC (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaMay 21, 2013
Pros: you meet some nice customers
Cons: there is nothing to work towards
Zales corporation is so low-down. They want you to work for free and they don't believe in promoting from within. They rather bring people from the outside with no experience than use the people that has been here for years. They use you and throw you away. The DM is to busy making friends that his stores lack the attention they need to succeed. And – more... they end up hiring managers just because of their connection and not because of their abilities. – less
Horrible corporation to work for
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee), TexasMay 15, 2013
Cons: inadequate training, pay, unprofessional upper management
At first it seemed great but after I made my way through the training DVD's I was expected to know how to do everything. This even included where things were located which varies per store. When I seeker help from management I was told to call someone else because they didn't know the answer. Management also pushed daily goals stating that upper management – more... was on their back so they could make their bonus. I even had a situation that involved an unethical solution per the corporation when I made an error due to lack of training... There was no customer loyalty. And upon my exit interview with the company, the upper management stated I was a waste or their time and wasn't worth hiring... Very unprofessional considering the reason I left was due to poor training and expectations. – less
Piercing Pagoda on Tinker Airforce Base
Store Manager (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKApril 11, 2013
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: terrible upper management, no flexibility for family life
Worse place to work EVER! I was the store manager of the brand new kiosk and they made it miserable to try to work there. I had no control over any decisions and wasn't even allowed to make the schedule. They brought in a different store manager for 3 months to "train us in the Zales/ Pagoda way" which was the biggest joke ever! She was so lazy and – more... disrespectful to customers, but made nice with management, so they let her get away with it. I hauled around store signs and hardware in my personal truck for months because they refused to give me an address to send the excess to. I walked out after being told I could't have a friday off for family reasons and that I had to work every single weekend no matter what. They have no respect for family life what-so-ever! I will never again buy anything from Zales after seeing the quality of their merchandise and after witnessing their policies.

I would never recommend anyone to work at this horrific place! – less
Great company, good management
Executive Secretary to V.P. Merchandising (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 4, 2013
Pros: discounts, great building to work in.
Enjoyed working there even though it was only for a year (moved to get married). Learned a lot and they gave good discounts to employees.
Fun and exciting word experience everyday
Assistant Manager and Jewelry consultant (Current Employee), Pearland, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: conducive work environment that gave me lots of flexibility
Cons: retail work life
I was fortunate to work with people who were more like family so I have the greatest experience at work. In the more recent years it has been about learning to run the store and being accountable for all daily operations. I learned more the value of not taking no for an answer. Part of my job is to open new accounts and everyone has a reason as to why – more... they will not sign up. Most of the time persistence pays off. But by far my biggest accomplishment was setting my own goal, which far exceeded my quota, and surpassing that by a long shot. Believing is half the battle, preparation is the next major step. – less
Excellent chance for advancement
Division manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: advancement possibility
Cons: working in a landlord environment at times
Worked in a leased environment reporting to both landlord and upper Zale mgement. Advancement possible with exciting positions available.

I became a trouble shooter moving to multiple locations...company was extremely generous in all aspects for my personal slight inconvience. No matter where I was the district manager was always a phone call away.

Zale Corporation Photos