Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work and make lifelong friendships
Jewelry Cosultant (MIT) (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 14, 2017
This is a great place to be able to build a rapport with the guests and make lifelong clients and well as friendship with your coworkers. You get to learn everything there is to know about diamonds and gemstones and are given the opportunity to become Diamond Certified at the expense of the company. The most challenging part of the job would be remembering all the standard procedures for taking in repairs and learning all the different aspects of the computer system, but once you have it down pat it is a breeze. The most enjoyable part of the job, other than working with friends that become family, you get to look at beautiful pieces of jewelry all day long and help the guest find the piece of their dreams.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
extensive hours for managers
zales
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 8, 2017
There is always a lot going on from tons of operational tasks, to servicing your guests. The biggest struggle is finding a balance. the company does not give enough payroll or staff to help get it all done. Overall the job is very enjoyable, the guests are great to work with.
Pros
great benefits, merchandise
Cons
better pay, more payroll
Great Place
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILFebruary 7, 2017
This job helps an individual to improve their sales skills. The benefits are good. The typical day of work is enjoyable and you get to meet a variety of guests.
A world of lies and unprofessionalism
JC (Former Employee) –  CTSeptember 23, 2016
Management, both DM and SM are a complete disaster. They block every employee from any opportunity of advancement. If you happen to ask for a transfer they wait to the end and block your transfer until you have no other choice but to resign and then you are non rehirable. Every little thing both make it big creating problems among employees. Your not their friend, or their pet you get nowhere. That plus the changes in the commission structure made me start looking for another job. This new commission is made to give more profit to the company by paying us less, I'm making an average of $75 less on my net pay every two weeks than I was before when I started. Between gossip, arguments, bad management and less money it makes this job not worth the sacrifice
Pros
good discounts
Cons
not opportunity of advancement, bad management, unprofessionalism
great company in the past
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 24, 2016
The company overall is a great company before it was bought out by the competitor. Hours are long but time off available was very good. discounts and 401k were excellent. and insurance hands down was excellent
Great place to work!
SALES (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 10, 2016
I loved working here, it was fast paced but a lot of fun. The compensation is wonderful. The manager I had at the time was awesome and so were my co-workers.
Pros
great pay, great management, great employees
Cons
Holiday hours are brutal :)
It was a great place to work.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 6, 2016
It was a great place to work. They made me feel like I was apart of a family. When I first started working there I felt like it was a us verses them mentality between in bound and outbound in MRPC. After the managers got that situation straight. It felt like one big happy family.
Pros
Health Benefits, Great managment team
Cons
That they are moving to Ohio
Retail
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 22, 2017
The work load is pretty easy. Not very difficult to learn things at the job. I continued to better my customer service skills while working here. Management in this company is not always reliable. Workplace is typically very professional. Hardest part of my job is trying to help people find the perfect gift for someone with little information about what to look for or what the person you're looking for is like. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating relationships with guests. Getting to know people and helping them find the best piece for them or someone else, helps you be a part of their special moments.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
commission %
Sales Assistant
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAJune 9, 2016
Loved this job, however benefits/salary were not so good.
Zale's corporation is a Great Company and for the most part treated its Employees well, except the store manager from time to time were not so pleasant to work with
Pros
It was fun to sell and it was part-time
Cons
Dealing with angry customers
now stressful place.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
It is used to be a fun place. And very friendly. Now it is stressful about quotas, Worked there for more than 10 years. Still grateful for the opportunity they gave me but is time to move on.
Pros
benefits, health insurance, 401k
Cons
numbers, numbers, nembers.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 28, 2016
Meet great people, lots of perks, exceptional training program, long hours, but well worth it! Customer service, management training, daily goals lots of customer interaction. Be positive, work hard and you will go far.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Not an easy place to go into every day.
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IADecember 4, 2016
Because of much needed sales and commission and needed credit application, this place is highly depressive and stressful. The manager claims to know how to do things, but doesn't and was claiming other peoples' sales and customers. It made for a very hard place to work. People didn't trust each other. The manager would pick fights with us in front of the other employees and the customers. There was very high turnover and that hasn't changed. I really liked my co-workers. We worked hard not to let the manager pull us apart. We still succeeded in keeping our friendships and our humor. Unfortunately we couldn't stop the unfairness
Pros
we made very close friends and it helped us to work together.
Cons
Dreading going in everyday expecting more stress
I got this job through a staffing agency and I enjoyed working there.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2017
The Zales corporation was great to work for and i enjoed working with its employees. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed coming to work each day. One day I came to work and my work I.D. no longer allowed me access into the bulilding and the reason for that was because i was terminated and to this very day I had no explanation as to why that happened . I never missed a day at work and was always there before my shift started and stayed late when asked, so needless to say, I was shocked by my termination.
Pros
work with great people
Cons
not explanning why you get laid off
workplace
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LA 70065May 28, 2016
harsh workplace due to the personality of employees, not team-oriented because everyone is "for themselves and their benefits" the manager was very rude
Pros
great to build communication skills
Cons
commission is only 1 %
Coroprate take over
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2017
As a 25 yrs veteran of this organization the last year was the worst. The overall experience over the years was tremendous , but with the recent management changes you could tell it was about to be taken over by signet. Was people in the DM role with 15 yrs or greater were targets and we all ended up being forced out. Sinet is a grinding machine, and i have no respect for.
Cons
One of the vey few stores left that has been successful.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 17, 2017
opening the store was my favorite because I can organize for my bight time staff.
We had quotas that needed to be made each day and I doubled our store and personal quotas each day.
The store itself was a very small volume store but had amazing numbers.
The hardest part of my job was to pierce babies ears. However, I perfection it.
the most enjoyable part of my day was making my customers happy with the pieces of jewelry I sold.
Pros
excellent quailty of jewelry
Cons
short breaks, and if we left the kiosk we need to put away basically all high quality items.
Fast paced high pressure
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2017
A lot of pressure to hound clients for credit. Angry manager = unhappy work place. Hardest part of the job depends on you as a person. For me it was getting "credit". Management depends on the person. Co-workers are usually very friendly and helpful but be careful not to let any one steal your sales to boost their own numbers. The best part of the job is the discount no doubt.
Good 5 years ago...awful now with signet!
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 29, 2016
The commission structure before it changed with signet, was obtainable. Now they have taken commission from our paychecks and now want us to split sales...making it even less. No pay to compensate for it either... no advancement for growth within the company, have been told before that there would be. It's all a number game to home office, when they can't even really look at the drive in each store and see some stores are not bringing in the foot traffic. Store JC complaints should be taken more seriously. Bad managers cause good employees to flee.. unfortunately you have lost some that have gone on to do amazing things...and you will still continue to loose good employees. Great part of the job is what you do!! Sell diamonds and get a great relationship with your forever guest...
Pros
Diamonds, guest interaction
Cons
Everything else
Constant Customer Service workplace with always changing management
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 24, 2016
A Typical day at work was helping out any Customer with sales issues or any other problem that arose.
I learned that to succeed, you need to stay upbeat and continue working as best as you can through adversity.
Management, at times, was good and I didn't have any issues other than the constant CHANGE of Managers I would have in the store I worked in.
My co-workers were VERY receptive to thoughts and ideas put to them, just for the fact I was almost always there for hiring and training.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with sales quotas, which were set on a five year basis from previous years. Which, in turn, made it extremely hard to keep up as clientele would leave due to the Management change and employee turnovers.
The most enjoyable part was helping my customers find something they loved and could cherish for years to come and know that they bought something I personally could guarantee was worth the price.
Pros
Minimum work hours were high, overtime available, Holiday pay
Cons
High Insurance costs, management changes, apathy of company towards store
Previous Zales employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 25, 2017
I enjoyed being apart of Zale's Jewelry team. I gained an extensive amount of knowledge while working there and I have definitely enjoyed having different obstacles every day not knowing what each customer wanted or what they were looking for, By the end of each satisfied customer I realized I made a great asset to the company. And the company enjoyed having me as there previous employee.
Pros
Gained extensive knowledge attending to customers.
Cons
I believe that Zale's more company achieving goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zale Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.