Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
E-Commerce Fulfillment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Very team oriented and great place to work. Distribution Center Supervisor supervisors worked together to complete all distribution center processed to meet corporate objectives.
Pros
Good benefits
High Stressed
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 18, 2018
I would not recommend working for any of the stores operated under Signet Company. Its like a revolving door of employees and your are just a number not a person.
Pros
None.
Cons
You will not have a life, you belong to them.
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAFebruary 18, 2018
While I was in management I learned a great deal about manageing people , sales setting goals and making goals . I feel that I have learn my lessons will and would be a good member of the zales team nothing can hold me back from doing a great job heath is good willing to work hard , long hours , and over come the hardest part of the job .
Cons
understanding upper management
Zales
Jewelry Consultant/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Enjoyed working at Zales most of the people that go there is happy people looking for a piece of jewelry. It is nice to learn about the jewelry that you will be selling for a special occasion that will make someone smile.
Pros
Commission on what you sell.
Cons
Sometimes is slow and your not able to make your quota.
not good
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 11, 2018
I did not care for how they ran the retail store of the piercing pagodas stores. They make the managers earn the money to keep up with the maintenance in their establishments.
Pros
vacation time and benifits
Cons
dead end job
nice people to work with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILFebruary 11, 2018
could be very busy , never a dull moment. Learned a lot about jewelry and the business. Management was hardly around. Culture was retail. Hardest part was retail schedule. Enjoyable was helping the customer.
Pros
helping the customer
Cons
retail schedule
exciting place
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2018
if you love jewelry, and communicating with people on a regular, then this is definitely the job for you. It requires a lot of standing, and many training classes. However, you get commission for all of your sales.
my job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lanesboro, MAFebruary 2, 2018
greeted and assisted customers with merchandise that they wanted to purchase, I would reconcile finances, communicate with customers on the phone and would provide excellent customer service
Pros
loved the employees and customers
Cons
did not really have any
Not what it used to be
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Too many changes and limiting payroll and making managers work the extra hours. Zales was great before the merger but afterwards signet is trying to dismantle it.

No career path unless someone quits or fired.
Very rewarding and a great learning experience.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Unfortunately the store was at a low profile strip mall with very limited traffic. Sales had been poor for the three previous years and unknown to me, corporate had already decided to close my location in Jan. 2013. However, I was grateful to be able to learn a totally new profession. I was also very proud to turn sales around for the store and exceed sales expectations in my sixth month. I actually received the first monthly bonus paid out for that location in over three and one half years.
boring because you must stay in a small cubicle/kiosk standing for your shift
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 31, 2018
boring and unsatisfactory. Standing for long periods of time in a small area without being able to stretch out your legs. I did not like being there by myself for my whole shift without a manager. because sometimes I needed help and there was no manager at all
Pros
piercing ears
Cons
short breaks, standing for long periods of time without being able to walk long distances
no opinion
Regional Manager and Regional Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 26, 2018
During my career at Zale's I have the opportunity to advance from a part time associate to a regional manager responsible for a large volume of annual sales. They were far, appreciative of my service and the only reason I left was for a better quality of life. During the Holidays it was typical to work 80 hours per week from Thanksgiving to the New Year.
Learning workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
There were many opportunities to learn different things about the company and jewelry. It was a fun place to work, but could be stressful at times. Some days are slow, and some are fast.
na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2018
the days work begin with a store count of all merchandise that hasn't been sold upon clock in arrival. going over the sales pitch for the day and the goals that have to be met by the end of the shift. selling a daily goal of store credit line and making sure the customers leave with a special gift and a smile.
Enjoyable and satisfying work place.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 24, 2018
Typical day started with setting up the store showcases and verifying all high end merchandise was accounted for. Management for 17 plus years was very helpful and helped me achieve goals. The hardest part of the job again, would be the Christmas Holiday hours for managers. The enjoyable part was to help customers with their purchases and helping the sales associates reach their goals.
Benefits
Cons
Christmas Holiday work hours.
Great Team Work, Interesting work, Great Management
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Worked at Zale 9 years and did not want to leave. My department/team worked together like family. The company offered a lot or perks such as jewelry discount, fitness center, onsite daycare, cafeteria onsite, fun events. Great culture and secured environment.
Pros
Team Work, Collaboration, Secured Environment, Great Perks
Cons
I worked with great co-workers, we had an excellent manager.
Fine jewelry/watch sales consultant (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 22, 2018
The pay and bonuses were ridiculously low.
Our manager was excellent, she was always willing to work with us on our needs for our work schedule. The chemicals in the jewelry cleaner really bothered my skin so I wore a plastic glove every time to clean jewelry. Saturday was sometimes hard to talk to customers, you spent so much time cleaning items and doing repairs. My manager did give me 40 hours a week, my previous Signet companies did not.
Pros
Great co-workers and discounts.
Cons
Too low of hourly pay and very low or non-existent bonuses.
Basic retail job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 19, 2018
This was a typical retail sales position. It included customer relationship building, and product knowledge. The days would vary from very busy to very slow, but always something to keep you busy.
Good company and culture
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Good company and culture, good Management. They listen to your concerns and showed a willingness to act it. very good benefits with low copays. Good holiday bonuses.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Hours
Very dirty company
Manager in Training / Sales (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Very dirty company. Push the sale onto the customer, Push the credit application on the customer..If customer walks out of store without either, you were written up. I worked in a low income area, and very hard to get the credit applications. I was offered to manage the Findlay Ohio store. I turned it down, it upset them and they gave me an outragous quota the next month. Of course I didn't get it, So they fired me because of it. Shop elsewhere...They get the same jewelry as everyone else.
Pros
good pay
Cons
pushy, pushy, pushy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zale Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.