Zale Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

ok
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 23, 2016
I learned a lot from Zales in regards to diamonds. The customer are very nice and friendly, I also learned about different types of sales skills. they offered different type of training about different type of stones.
great place to work at
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 23, 2016
i worked with great people so it made work enjoyable. management was amazing! Pretty easy going job.
good place to work
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  boulevard mallJuly 14, 2016
Had a great time working for them until the competitor Kay jewelers took me on board! Shortly after Kay jewelers bought out the company so It like I never left!
Pros
great place to sell jewelry.
Cons
not enough hours!
Very dull environment with little traffic volume
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 13, 2016
as a part timer i have been essentially discriminated. Also because of my age its is assumed by the manager my competencies are low. It is a belittling environment, with no room for growth and no trust. As a part timer i am given 5 hour closing shifts in which 1-2 customers come in for the night, it is very slow and dull, with not much responsibility. The manager feels the need to check cameras every so often to check if we are doing our jobs but it is unfair since we rarely get customers.
Could be fun and stimulating with better management
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2016
Manager is more concerned about their personal sales (COMMISSION) and not helpful to the team. Manager makes team perform administrative tasks and miss out on sales opportunities while the manager works on selling. Roles need to be reversed.
Pros
Get to celebrate special occassions
Cons
dealing with LOTS of CS issues, manager
Great place to work!
SALES (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 10, 2016
I loved working here, it was fast paced but a lot of fun. The compensation is wonderful. The manager I had at the time was awesome and so were my co-workers.
Pros
great pay, great management, great employees
Cons
Holiday hours are brutal :)
Excellent company to be a part of
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJuly 6, 2016
Engaging with guests that wish to purchase diamond jewelry as well as other pieces.
Management was exceptional.
Co-workers were a valuable asset in my learning process
Fast Paced and Fun
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
This is a great company. I learned many skills that helped me achieve success during my employment. A typical day at the job would include so many different responsibilities. Key responsibilities are setting and achieving goals, identifying and exceeding the needs and expectations of our guests, maintaining relationships with the guests and staff, communication and team building, training in with other locations, emailing, marketing, and much more. It is a fast paced environment that keeps you motivated and interested. The hardest part of the job for me was leaving. I was so invested in the success of the store and each member that sometime it was difficult to go home. It's the type of place that celebrated the wins and helped you grow and that's what made it a joy to be there. I became a part of so many different people's lives and special moments and that is what made it so easy to go to work everyday.
Steady, High Volume, Fast Pace
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 30, 2016
The best part of the job is working with the clients. A typical day is high volume, meeting goals. Zales is a very goal oriented company. Keeping accurate profit and loss for individual store.Coaching fellow associates to obtain goals and expectations which the Company sets for each associate.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Too high of goals
now stressful place.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
It is used to be a fun place. And very friendly. Now it is stressful about quotas, Worked there for more than 10 years. Still grateful for the opportunity they gave me but is time to move on.
Pros
benefits, health insurance, 401k
Cons
numbers, numbers, nembers.
Unlimited earning potential
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 10, 2016
This job can and will reward you for your hard work. It does require a lot of patience but the payback is becoming that local/family jeweler for your clients every need. The hardest part of it all is achieving your 5 standards. Sometimes getting credit comes easily and other days are a complete struggle. "How high is high?" is a mindset that allows them to easily forget your yesterdays achievements and constantly puts pressure on you to give more and more everyday. Becomes tiring. The interactions with coworkers and customers make it all worth it. You become a family and it can be a great place to work.
The Zales Difference
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJune 10, 2016
At Zales I've learned a lot about jewelry and I have made a lot of good sales with this company. If you are with the company long enough they will pay for you to get diamond certified which will help you become more knowledgeable with the merchandise you work with and sell.
Sales Assistant
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAJune 9, 2016
Loved this job, however benefits/salary were not so good.
Zale's corporation is a Great Company and for the most part treated its Employees well, except the store manager from time to time were not so pleasant to work with
Pros
It was fun to sell and it was part-time
Cons
Dealing with angry customers
It was a great place to work.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 6, 2016
It was a great place to work. They made me feel like I was apart of a family. When I first started working there I felt like it was a us verses them mentality between in bound and outbound in MRPC. After the managers got that situation straight. It felt like one big happy family.
Pros
Health Benefits, Great managment team
Cons
That they are moving to Ohio
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 4, 2016
Great company to work for. I learned a lot about sales and I had a blast working for Zales. I learned how to pierce ears and sooth a crying baby.
Pros
free products
Cons
short breaks
workplace
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LA 70065May 28, 2016
harsh workplace due to the personality of employees, not team-oriented because everyone is "for themselves and their benefits" the manager was very rude
Pros
great to build communication skills
Cons
commission is only 1 %
the manager virtues were questionable
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 27, 2016
the store was extremely run down with jewelry fixtures taped togethe rstaff was very friendly and easy to worked with jewelry repair was very good
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor quality jeweler
productive and helpful company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 26, 2016
for someone new to selling jewelry, they are very helpful. everyday i learn something new about diamonds and other jewelry. i enjoy the people i work with.
Pros
will provide training
Cons
unpaid breaks
Pros and Cons
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMay 25, 2016
There was some amazing management. There was some great training and room for advancement. Scheduling was a bit difficult, but overall not too bad of a company.
Great organization. High level of loyalty from their employees. Will promote great employees.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
I enjoyed my 11 year experience with them.. Zales gave me the opportunity to grow and develop as an employee. I moved up successfully through the ranks. Had the opportunity to work in different cities which enriched my personal experience.