Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

Okay
Jewelry Consultant- Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Zales was okay to work for, it can be very slow but if you like the slower pace then this might be for you, you will not see crazy traffic on a daily basis.
fun workplace
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJanuary 12, 2017
had a wonderful experience working for this company. you must be a GO GETTER and really take the initiative to learn if you are going to succeed in this industry.
Pros
discounts
Cons
low commission
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
strong leadership team in place to move the business forward. I think that down the road this company will be looked at as a great retailer in the US.
Fast paced high pressure
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2017
A lot of pressure to hound clients for credit. Angry manager = unhappy work place. Hardest part of the job depends on you as a person. For me it was getting "credit". Management depends on the person. Co-workers are usually very friendly and helpful but be careful not to let any one steal your sales to boost their own numbers. The best part of the job is the discount no doubt.
Coroprate take over
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2017
As a 25 yrs veteran of this organization the last year was the worst. The overall experience over the years was tremendous , but with the recent management changes you could tell it was about to be taken over by signet. Was people in the DM role with 15 yrs or greater were targets and we all ended up being forced out. Sinet is a grinding machine, and i have no respect for.
zales
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 8, 2017
There is always a lot going on from tons of operational tasks, to servicing your guests. The biggest struggle is finding a balance. the company does not give enough payroll or staff to help get it all done. Overall the job is very enjoyable, the guests are great to work with.
Pros
great benefits, merchandise
Cons
better pay, more payroll
Seasonal job
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2017
Your typical retail job. Show up, open the store, set it up, meet your quotas and attend morning call. Not much else to say.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Decent pay. Full-time
Cons
Minimal workers when busy.
Loved it!!
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 28, 2016
I really enjoyed greeting and meeting people. I loved their stories and life experiences. Picking out what they will have for the rest of their life was an awesome accomplishment. (jewelry that is)
Pros
Commisson was great
Cons
working during holidays was hard sometimes
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 19, 2016
This was a great place to learn and interact with people. I learned so much about gems and different medals and the customer service skills that have been developed.
Pays great, but don't hope to stay long.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 17, 2016
I was hired on as a part-time associate at the Zales Outlet with a firm offer and guaranteed hours in the winter according to the store manager and the district manager, but once the slow season got closer I was no longer needed. They gave me about three weeks notice to find another job in the middle of winter. Great place to work during the high traffic season and pays well, but don't expect to stay on staff too long. The core staff is already filled and once the payroll is too high for the clientele, you'll be out.
Fun working with jewelry
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 13, 2016
Zales is definitely a great place to get certain jewelry from. It was fun working in this atmosphere. We worked closely with the Regional Manager and it helped to work with other stores as well.
Pros
Beautiul jewelry
Cons
80-100 hour weeks were tough
Not an easy place to go into every day.
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IADecember 4, 2016
Because of much needed sales and commission and needed credit application, this place is highly depressive and stressful. The manager claims to know how to do things, but doesn't and was claiming other peoples' sales and customers. It made for a very hard place to work. People didn't trust each other. The manager would pick fights with us in front of the other employees and the customers. There was very high turnover and that hasn't changed. I really liked my co-workers. We worked hard not to let the manager pull us apart. We still succeeded in keeping our friendships and our humor. Unfortunately we couldn't stop the unfairness
Pros
we made very close friends and it helped us to work together.
Cons
Dreading going in everyday expecting more stress
Productive and fun place to work but had some management problems and organizational issues.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PADecember 2, 2016
Work was fun here, the co-workers were nice. Management was a little to conceited and a few other workers as well. Very un-organized in the way things worked. Had more customer problems and complaints than needed to be,
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 28, 2016
Meet great people, lots of perks, exceptional training program, long hours, but well worth it! Customer service, management training, daily goals lots of customer interaction. Be positive, work hard and you will go far.
Pros
Perks
I liked this job
Diamond Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union City, GANovember 14, 2016
Flexible schedule, great with school work. Pay was OK for retail. Terrible location area slow foot traffic. Older are area to make sales. Store closed.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
retail
Fun place to work
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 4, 2016
Must be able to balance the fast pace world of sales and personal time. I had no problem with my work family or management.
Horrible management and place to work
Jewelry Consultant/Temporary Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaOctober 15, 2016
I initially was hired as a Jewelry Consultant (JC). The Store Manager (SM) that hired me was ok, but talked about the other JC's. After 2.5 months I interviewed for SM for another store in the same city with the District Nanager (DM). I got the job but was a Temporary Acting Store Manager (TASM). After about 2 weeks of TASM, all managers (to include the TASM's - there was one other besides myself) were required to work no less than 48 hrs (only being paid for 40) a week. This quickly turned into over 60 hours a week Ruth open-close shifts 5 to 6 days a week.

We were told that we (TASM & JC) needed to get credit apps. If we didn't get any for a day, then we had to call the DM and explain to him why and what we were going to change. Then we had to email at 3:30 & 8:30 with our status of sales and credit apps along with another phone call at 4:00 because if the lack of credit apps the day before. If we had a credit app, then we just needed to do the two emails. If we didn't, we were called and reprimanded.

This type of management is the worst kind of management. Never before have I been that micromanaged in any job.

The DM cared nothing about our store and as of date (10-15-2016), 4 people out of 6 have put in their resignation.
Pros
Affordable discounts
Cons
Lack of support
Fun place to work but bad management.
Jewelry consultant- Help (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 6, 2016
I absolutely loved this job and the people i worked with. I loves helping customers on a day to day basis and had a good customer return base. The management team was horrible though. They treated everyone with no respect and constantly were demeaning to all of the associate.
Pros
Customers, other employees, fun place to work
Cons
Management upper and in store
Horrible experience
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 6, 2016
Management was not fair. One day someone could get away with doing something and the next another person would get in trouble for doing the same thing. Employees would leave early and leave you with the rush, not a fun environment to work in, very stressful.
Constant Customer Service workplace with always changing management
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 24, 2016
A Typical day at work was helping out any Customer with sales issues or any other problem that arose.
I learned that to succeed, you need to stay upbeat and continue working as best as you can through adversity.
Management, at times, was good and I didn't have any issues other than the constant CHANGE of Managers I would have in the store I worked in.
My co-workers were VERY receptive to thoughts and ideas put to them, just for the fact I was almost always there for hiring and training.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with sales quotas, which were set on a five year basis from previous years. Which, in turn, made it extremely hard to keep up as clientele would leave due to the Management change and employee turnovers.
The most enjoyable part was helping my customers find something they loved and could cherish for years to come and know that they bought something I personally could guarantee was worth the price.
Pros
Minimum work hours were high, overtime available, Holiday pay
Cons
High Insurance costs, management changes, apathy of company towards store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zale Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.