Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

overall review with this company excellent,
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 8, 2016
The experienced working with this company is amazing. I really
enjoyed it. Providing good customer skills is one ofi the most important thing i learned with this company.
Typical Retail Job
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Zales, however as with any retail position it gets in the way of life especially with a family. Working every weekend and long nights gets hard. The commission was nice but has changed since I left. Upper management is somewhat disconnected from store levels.
good leadership and team mgmt
Senior Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 25, 2016
exciting retail industry sector and on the way to systems improvement to enhance the customer shopping experience...
Pros
company open to systems innovation
Cons
flawed performance review process
Difficult company with high reward
Bridal Diamond Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJanuary 21, 2016
If you love commission sales, this company rewards its employees as they scale up the ladder to higher sales profits. Management is inaccessible from a salesman position.
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Awesome
Great place to work at
the management is great and the co workers are even better.
Great time while I was there.
It was a relaxing environment, not too stressful.
OK for short term
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2016
I truly learned a lot ,however it does not pay enough to stay there long term.Pretty much pure commission and if the store doesn't hit their goals the manager comes after you.
cut throat hostile environment
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2016
Poor unstable managers. Arbitrary rules. Favoritism. Cartel mentality. No recourse with DM or HR. A put up and shut up environment. I encountered racism sexism harassment erratic behavior by both store managers I worked with
Fun and great learning experience
sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Long hours but it was different than my previous jobs! Loved getting to work with jewelry and people! Some coworkers weren't very pleasant and liked to place blame to make up for their shortcomings, but overall I loved the experience!
It was a good place to work for me
JEWELRY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAJanuary 5, 2016
I've always known about the jewelry business so it was an easy job for me! Plus I did work with some cool people! My manager was also nice and helpful.
No place to make a living
JEWELRY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 30, 2015
You start off with a basic hourly of 8 to 9 dollars a hour with a wopping 1% percent commission. You would think that a billion dollar industry would not still be using dial up netscape internet for their employees. Right. Dial up internet people. You will never advance at this company or even make a decent paycheck unless its around the holiday season. Stay clear and look for better opportunities.
Pros
Cons
Not enough compensation whatsoever

Want to know more about Zale Corporation?

Ask a question
Up-close experiences with all types of everyday people
consultant /customer service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 4, 2015
Typical day would begin by preparing all correspondence, checking emails for direction of the day, follow up with duties that still needed to be completed and finally preparing for customer inquiries. ,Everyday brings new experiences, whether it is a sudden challenge, or a day of fun. In essence, it has taught me to take each experience as a life lesson to ensure growth and balance that will prepare you for any workplace that you would be a part of. In all, perseverance, patience, and a positive outlook will definitely be the turning point of how the day will begin and end. Management would double check for completion of priorities of the day and make themselves available to assist employees with concerns to ensure that they would be prepared to meet goals of the day. Co-workers are open and able to work as a team to achieve individual goals as well as total goals of the day along with the atmosphere of a close knit family. Dealing with the public has its challenges, especially being the liaison between the company and the client, but in conclusion, when the operation is successful and the client is happy with your service, the hard work is offset by how rewarding it is to see someone smile!
it is a good place to work if you are old
distribution , stock (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 2, 2015
i was young when I worked there it was a very depressing environment. I would not recommend this job if you are under 30 years old.
Excellent corporation.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PRDecember 1, 2015
Great experience as an employee. Great co-workers. Excelent store manager. Best dimonds in the world. Fine jwelery brands and excelent employee benefits.
Pros
Merchandise return policy. 60 days. Free shipping.
Nice company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
Nice company. I was able to advance in the company. Work environment was nice. Work facility was clean. Enjoyed working with my staff.
Unstable work enviroment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 30, 2015
Working at Zales was like working for a gossip column. The customers ( who had money to spend) were rude and condescending. The manager thought herself above the few employees that worked there making it hard to respect her. Getting a day off was like pulling teeth because there were so few employees. I just wasn't a good place to work. Maybe that's why it shut down.
Pros
Meeting new people all the time
Cons
Management made the job harder than what it was
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR SALES
KEY SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 22, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management team with room to grow within the company. There's the usual red tape and upper management politics, but that's expected within a company.
Physical Inventory Analyst
Physical Inventory Analyst/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2015
Inventory and balance all Zale Corporations stores with what is shown on the computer versus what is actually in the stores. Answer phone calls from all store managers when they have questions regarding merchandise. Locate loss merchandise, report missing merchandise to Loss Prevention.
Pros
Ability to travel across the country and see various parts of the usa.
Cons
Away from home for long periods of time.
I have fun at work because i get to work with jewelry and i meet all different type of people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2015
I have learned a lot with the Zale's corporate, a typical day it will be busy and the management is always there to make sure everything flows right, I also enjoy all my co-workers, and the most enjoyable part of my job is when I make someone else happy before they leave out of our store.
only if you Don't need money
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2015
Store -Nice co workers, relaxed. But lack of a career, nice learning experience about product, nice interaction with customers, is a very customer focused business, nice place to really work on your relationship building skills with customers,
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
no career growth pitiful pay and commission percentage is so sad
nice place to work
Jewerly consulting (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 6, 2015
Nice place to work. I have learned multi aspects of the business..
I have improved my customer services skills and especially how to satisfy customers in purchasing diamonds.