Zale Corporation

Zale Corporation Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Loss Prevention Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Irving, TexasSeptember 13, 2014
This is a wonderful company to work for. They are very professional and go out of their way to make you feel like your are family.
Benefits
Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free covered parking, employee discount
Cons: instability
Poor benefits package. No match to 401k. Unstable work environment. Enjoyed my co-workers.
loved working with my team and manager was the best i've ever had
Store manager, jewelry consultant (Former Employee), round rock , cedar park and temple,txAugust 3, 2014
Pros: working with an amazing team and learning so many new things
Cons: not getting recognition for my team when it was well deserved
I would go into work and open the store. verify all cases had the right amount of pieces. throughout the day I would interact with guests and find the piece of jewelry to celebrate that memory for years to come. I had never worked in the jewelry industry before and had to learn from scratch. my manager that hired me taught me everything I needed to – more... be successful. she was the most amazing boss and person I have ever met. I had the opportunity to manage my own store after just 4 months with the company. I managed a team of 6 people who I then had to train and make successful the same way I had. the hardest part was getting consultants that had been with the company for so many years to respect me and follow new policies. the most enjoyable part was getting to help so many people celebrate memories and important occasions in their lives and seeing how happy it made them. – less
Not worth the time and efforts
NA (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2014
Been lied to since I started with Zale corporation. From the top down, this company really enjoys lying. I was promised so many things and it never came through, come find out I'm not the only one. I could get over it, but other factors influence my decision on this company that it is not worth any one else's time. You don't need an education here. – more... This job is a career if you okay with easy and not challenging work. The company sets unrealistic goals, and doesn't do a great job marketing.

Jewelry consultant duties, call guests weekly and talk about the promotions every week, sell jewelry, set out new merchandise every week and that's the main stuff. Not much to it. The training is a joke. You have dvds to watch and there slowly making the transition to online courses.

Typical retail schedule, changes every week.

You have to be able to lie, gossip, and expect your boss and or bosses will bad mouth you behind your back. Yes, even the district manager. Seems to be the unprofessional norm here. not much skill needed in this company. It shows from the corporate level down.

Expect to work 32 to 37 hours a week for full time and 10 to 25 hours a week for part time.

The company was just bought by Signet, the company that owns sterling group: Kay's and Jarrod's. – less
Fun workplace with cafiteria and gym.
Records Clerk (Current Employee), Irving TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch two or three time a year. started getting small bonuses once a year.
Cons: no match on 401k
Pick up the incoming mail, open sort, data entry, file, run reports and help as needed.
Very little training but could learn thing from co workers.
Management was ok, you could get the supplies you needed to do the job. Very little supervision.
The people I worked with were friendly and helpful.
Trying to keep up with the amount of mail and data entry.
Keeping – more... the employee records in correct place. – less
Hostile working environment
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee), Michigan City, IndianaJune 18, 2014
Pros: insurance is good!
Cons: company too large to stay on top of employee issues!
Worked for a manager that verbally abused employees, who worked a very light schedule, played favorites with employees including helping a select few make their sales goals along with manipulating the goals. Some employees worked very few nights while others had to pick up and work too many nights, and didn't have to do any administrative duties, while – more... other employees did it all! When employees went to the DM, the manager retaliated against a few and basically did everything within their power to get rid of those employees until they gave up and left because it was such a hostile workplace!!!! Manager would protect certain employees because they were friends outside the store and went out drinking together? In a 6 month period, 4 employees either were fired or quit, that doesn't speak well of the manager, but no one monitors this at home office. Getting transferred was next to impossible, they would rather lose good employees then take care of keeping good people who could sell!
I realize it doesn't sound like I liked my job, I loved what I did and was good at it, just was in a store that was poorly managed:( – less
Asked to manage like your own business without support of your decisions.
Store Manager (Former Employee), MassJune 16, 2014
Pros: the business! if you truly enjoy selling jewelry, you will enjoy the customers you meet and the day to day job.
Cons: upper management! one department is constantly conflicting with another, directions are received at the store level in a very confusing manner.
Your co-workers become your support system, as you struggle to make the right choices for the business in your store. Management struggles to give you support you need because their hands are constantly tied by someone else; HR, Distribution, Marketing, etc. The most difficult part about the job was sitting down with upper management and discussing – more... the needs to grow your business and them agreeing and understanding what you need and not being able to make it happen. Being held responsible to unattainable goals without the necessary tools - product, payroll hours, or making staffing changes without going through hoops was unbearable. – less
Great Product, Slow Traffic
General Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits, fun co-workers
Cons: poor upper management
You might enjoy this type of job if you enjoy standing on the lease line everyday waiting for someone to come into the store.
Exicitng
Key Holder Salesperson (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJApril 3, 2014
I love People and to talk with them all day is a dream job. I am a woman and i love jewelry and helping others to find something new or to help them pickout something for thier loved ones was just an awesome experience. I recognize how important people skills can be.
Great company and support
Store Manager (Current Employee), United StatesMarch 5, 2014
Pros: upper management support
Cons: out dated pos systems
They truly have the stores and the Employees best interest at heart. They are dedicated to every individuals success.
good work life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2014
great work life balance
difficult to move into District Management level
My past 3 years
Full Time Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Joplin, MODecember 16, 2013
I love working for this company. They take pride in every single one of their employees It is a wonderful environment to work in, full of energy, friendly faces, and smiles. They take time in working one on one with you or in teams to make sure you are trained the best in order for you perform your job responsibilities.
Great Discounts
Detail Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 10, 2013
I loved the discount I use to get with this company and I also learned a lot about the jewlery and the process.
comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 21, 2013
I enjoyed working at Zale Corporation, its a very comfortable place to work at.
Good Place To Work
Wage Garnishment Administrator (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: company store, cafeteria, piercing pagoda outlet, parties
Cons: very busy
Very busy, processed garnishments..
The perks were in-building cafeteria, company store, Piercing Pagoda outlet (open once every few months or so?), pretty good holiday parties, discount, silent auctions, great buying opportunities..
Zales Employment Summary
Store Manager (Former Employee), The Florida Mall, Orlando FLSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: store level advancement opportunities, benefits and salary structure
Cons: lack of advancement past store management, lack of organizational vision, unrealistic budgeting, lack of loyalty by employees and management
Zales gave me my first opportunity at Luxury Retail Management after I left my very first employer (Pubix Supermarkets) back in 2006. As such, I have always felt a level of emotion and loyalty to the company that made me jump at the opportunity to come back in 2008. This only happened after being promised that the company leadership and direction had – more... completely changed from the first time I was there from 2004-2006.

I took over the store that Zales had at the time at the Oviedo Marketplace. After producing at over 165% to plan during my first 3 months there, I was promoted into a higher volume location (the Seminole Town Center). I again had a very high level of success and was once again promoted into one of the largest volume locations in Florida at The Florida Mall in Orlando producing at $2.5 million at the time of my arrival.

Upon taking over the store, I immediately made the adjustments that the store was in dire need of and exceeded budget every month for my first year in that position. Prior to my arrival, the store had not made a budgeted month in 18 months.

After my first year in this position, I made the very difficult decision to part from Zales following a number of poor upper management hirings that weakend the brand and made for a very demoralized work force. I jumped at the opportunity to join Movado following their impressive recruitment and offer to join their organization. – less
Some advantages to work
Customer Service Representative Part-time (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: discounts were great
Cons: no flexibility
part time job was good, great incentives, and good training. management chose temporaries advancement before employees.
Great Workplace
Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee), Irving, TxSeptember 5, 2013
My experience at Zale Corporation has been great these past ten years. Great work environment and great people. Starting as a telephone rep and working my way up to a claims adjuster has given me a lot of experience and knowledge in the insurance industry.
Accounting
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 28, 2013
Great place to work, great people. Process daily invoices, EDI analyst. Made sure EDI invoices transmitted correctly.
Sometimes challenging and great incentives!
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Burlington, VTJuly 24, 2013
Pros: selling incentives, 2 free 10 minute breaks
When I was working at the Zales in Colorado, I loved everything about it! Working with the customers, to working with my coworkers. Every day was a little different. And I enjoyed challenging myself with reaching my monthly goal as well as a personal goal.
Returning back to Zales after a leave(being a stay at home mom for 15 months), I find it to be – more... alot different. I still enjoy working with the customers, but the management is different. A typical day would include opening the store, counting the cash drawer, counting all of the cases for inventory, helping customers with whatever they need, sending out repairs, checking jewelry for needed repairs, showing/selling diamonds or other jewelry. The hardest part of my job is closing a sale on a high ticket item. – less

1 2 3