Zale Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

now stressful place.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
It is used to be a fun place. And very friendly. Now it is stressful about quotas, Worked there for more than 10 years. Still grateful for the opportunity they gave me but is time to move on.
Pros
benefits, health insurance, 401k
Cons
numbers, numbers, nembers.
Unlimited earning potential
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 10, 2016
This job can and will reward you for your hard work. It does require a lot of patience but the payback is becoming that local/family jeweler for your clients every need. The hardest part of it all is achieving your 5 standards. Sometimes getting credit comes easily and other days are a complete struggle. "How high is high?" is a mindset that allows them to easily forget your yesterdays achievements and constantly puts pressure on you to give more and more everyday. Becomes tiring. The interactions with coworkers and customers make it all worth it. You become a family and it can be a great place to work.
The Zales Difference
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJune 10, 2016
At Zales I've learned a lot about jewelry and I have made a lot of good sales with this company. If you are with the company long enough they will pay for you to get diamond certified which will help you become more knowledgeable with the merchandise you work with and sell.
Sales Assistant
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAJune 9, 2016
Loved this job, however benefits/salary were not so good.
Zale's corporation is a Great Company and for the most part treated its Employees well, except the store manager from time to time were not so pleasant to work with
Pros
It was fun to sell and it was part-time
Cons
Dealing with angry customers
It was a great place to work.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 6, 2016
It was a great place to work. They made me feel like I was apart of a family. When I first started working there I felt like it was a us verses them mentality between in bound and outbound in MRPC. After the managers got that situation straight. It felt like one big happy family.
Pros
Health Benefits, Great managment team
Cons
That they are moving to Ohio
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 4, 2016
Great company to work for. I learned a lot about sales and I had a blast working for Zales. I learned how to pierce ears and sooth a crying baby.
Pros
free products
Cons
short breaks
workplace
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LA 70065May 28, 2016
harsh workplace due to the personality of employees, not team-oriented because everyone is "for themselves and their benefits" the manager was very rude
Pros
great to build communication skills
Cons
commission is only 1 %
the manager virtues were questionable
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 27, 2016
the store was extremely run down with jewelry fixtures taped togethe rstaff was very friendly and easy to worked with jewelry repair was very good
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor quality jeweler
productive and helpful company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 26, 2016
for someone new to selling jewelry, they are very helpful. everyday i learn something new about diamonds and other jewelry. i enjoy the people i work with.
Pros
will provide training
Cons
unpaid breaks
Pros and Cons
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMay 25, 2016
There was some amazing management. There was some great training and room for advancement. Scheduling was a bit difficult, but overall not too bad of a company.
Great organization. High level of loyalty from their employees. Will promote great employees.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
I enjoyed my 11 year experience with them.. Zales gave me the opportunity to grow and develop as an employee. I moved up successfully through the ranks. Had the opportunity to work in different cities which enriched my personal experience.
sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2016
Where do I start... its a grind. Its real nice to dress in a suit but you really get to polish up your sales techniques. you must kill it to do well
Pros
discounts
Cons
low pay
Used to like working here
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 18, 2016
Before becoming "too big", this was a great place to work in. People communicated better and senior leadership was in-tune with the challenges.
Working in a jewelry store environment
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  National City, CAMay 16, 2016
In a high competitive industry like Zales, many of my co-workers strived to satisfy customers. The main purpose of this job is to demonstrate the great services and products we provide. We accommodate with various types of credits scores giving up the ability to help customers afford that beautiful diamond ring. The best part of the job were the co-workers i had, we were all from different ethnic backgrounds and were able to help each other out in this pool of diversity.
Pros
Lunch breaks, great staff
Cons
Hours were minimize due to season
Fun and challanging work
Part Time Sales (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37040May 13, 2016
Selling jewelry may look fun but its a lot of hard work and a lot of knowledge. Please study before you jump into this type of job but also make sure you have a strong will to sell.
Productive workplace
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 8, 2016
I enjoy working with my co-workers whom I get along with well. The hardest part of my job is dealing with customer complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers find the perfect piece of jewelry, especially if they are proposing. My boss is great and is always very helpful if I have questions.
Fun workplace
Part Time Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at Zales. I enjoyed the fact that I was able to get a sense of being a sales person when I held the cashier title. My coworkers were very supportive and everyone felt like family.
Pros
experience, competition, family environment
Slow paced working environment
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 25, 2016
I enjoy people and working with them so that they get the quality service they deserve. Looking for more upbeat and paced working environment.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Sometimes not having time to eat lunch
it was a job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2016
i loved my clients it was a fun atmosphere.
zales offered me the opportunity to grow in areas i was unsure of, made me more efficient in areas i knew and more confident to pursue positions within company and out of the company
very active job
SALES ASSOCIATE & ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2016
you have to make sure you are on your toes. make sure you make your numbers/sales. flexible hours and great benefits. awesome job to start.