Zale Corporation

Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to meet and make an impact on people
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 20, 2015
Been with the company for a long time, recent changes have made it more about the product and less about the people who work there. Took money out of my pocket by changing pay structure. Trying to make – more... us like the competitors, why not just change our name to theirs. Company used to be about praising and make the workers feel compensated and not its just wrong. Company doesn't stick by it's policy so in the aspect the customer is ALWAYS right even when they are wrong. Great health benefits and a great place to meet new people and the love stories are what keep me going. I believe in our product and what we stand for even if I get hurt in the process. – less
productive and a very challenging place to work.
Jewelry consultant/Floor Leader/ DCA Certified (Current Employee), texarkana,txAugust 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Mostly all about numbers. Learn about new merchandise and collections on a daily basis. Working with my colleagues is like working with family, very friendly and supportive. The most challenging part about working for the company, is meeting sales goals but, the most enjoyable is the challenge.
Very organized and guest satisfaction focus
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Postive feed back on performances and incenitive to do better.
Cons: Short lunches
Handling guest issues and concern with a friendly attitude. Co workers are team players and management the best. Hardest part is when a guest is not approved for credit. Enjoyable part is the smile on their faces.
excelent traing and advancement
Supervisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Strick dress code due to high security area
Meet with Vice President and mangers to go over reporting. Follow up with lead personal to ensure work flow. Oversee productivity, file reports and update.

Enjoyed being part of wonderful company that help individuals meet there full potential.
Retail Sales
Sales (Former Employee), Rochester , NYAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Fun Job Sales
Cons: Pay
Sales, Open and close store, inventory control. Sales quotes, Team sales, cleaning. Diamond certified. We happy happy customers buy gifts and return for help in repairs, cleaning. Over all retail sales.I loved working with team and customers. Everyone was happy and willing to get the job done and right the first time. Retail hours and many perks.
Small store with lots of turnover. Small staff of 6 people
Sales Associate/Designee (Former Employee), Silverdale, WaAugust 10, 2015
Pros: helping guest pick that special piece of jewelry for their loved one
Cons: too many new people to train
I would work 8 hour and may be asked to fill in for someone that has not come in. clock in and then check my guests and do reminder calls and set up appts. Clean store and straighten cases and do daily paperwork. Two days a week, I would do store transfers, either new stock coming in or transferring items out of store.
DONT GO
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARAugust 5, 2015
this place is full of broken promises and bad dreams. Management style is pretty horrible and your training will consist of just a few days and you will be held to the fire from then forward. I went in with 6 years of jewelry/retail/management experience and because of that was treated differently. I will never work for this company again.
Productive and fun workplace great people, fun creating love.
Jewelry Consultant / Asst. Mngr (Former Employee), Livingston, NJAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work was being surprised by the different characters that came through the door, helping customers get engaged, or helping someone do something nice for themselves by buying a beautiful – more... piece of jewelry. I learned many things about diamond and precious metals. Management was great she was fun and professional. there was no hard parts, best part of the job was my coworkers, and being able to help pick out, and inspire customers to create beautiful pieces. – less
Lot of traveling
Master Jeweler (Current Employee), Chicago IL. to Rapid City SDAugust 4, 2015
Things that were promised, such as salary and breaks. were not delivered.
This is a commission based position, with a $100.00 draw.
By haveing us take 2 and even 3 days off per week as recoverable days.
It is next to impossible to earn the compensation they promised.
helpful and productive place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 30, 2015
friendly, innovative, knowledgeable place to work. The company provide training which helps to sharpen the knowledge on customer care and services.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJuly 27, 2015
It is a great place to develop personally and professionally, while allowing you to create a perfect balance in between this two. it also allows you to grow processional, by having training thru managers and thru training systems developed by the company.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Duluth, MNJuly 23, 2015
I work for an amazing boss, she helps me to achieve my goals and dreams. I feel like my coworkers are family because we are always helping one another to make their sales goals.
Good company
Store Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VAJuly 18, 2015
corporate buy out,signet purchased zales corp 2014. changed culture, new culture was to replace existing zales employees with signet employees. they change staff every 6 mos in stores.
great environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 13, 2015
customer service filled and fun environment to work for.
all sales ring up
customer service
restocking and organizing merchandise
Zales Jewelers
Store Manager (Current Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoJuly 11, 2015
Pros: excellent bonus program if sales are achieved
Cons: payroll
Zales is an amazing company to work for. I had never worked in a sales type environment, It is fun to help couples pick out or create their engagement - wedding rings and the smiles and ever lasting relationships – more... that come with that experience. That is the the most enjoyable part of the job. The least enjoyable has been the payroll that is allowed is not enough at times to complete all tasks or to provide the upmost attention to all of our guests. – less
Ok place to work, but far from the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Responsive to scheduling requests
Cons: Management does not treat all employees equally.
Company seems more focused on selling none merchandise, such as protection plans, credit applications, etc than actually selling jewelry. Some goals targeted are basically non attainable in smaller locations.
friendly work environment with great perks!
Inventory Accounting- Sr. Inventory Accountant (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 5, 2015
Pros: friendly employees, great manager, diverse work environemt, 4 hours of work every friday during the summer, vacation, fair pay and friendly work environment.
Cons: not very much flexibility
A Typical day at work would start with my daily reconciliation for the AP department. I compare What invoices posted in Oracle to what actually Posted via the vendors. Next, I would Approve and deny all – more... inventory adjustments so that all CAD/US warehouses and customers received their merchandise within a timely manner. Then, I would process all other adjustments, organize reports and data so that all 15 of my journal entries will post without flaws. Next, I train newer employees on other daily task and systems.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be learning new systems while converting from the old systems. Because of this, I'm able to learn new procedures and implement them into my daily task. – less
Task oriented
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Taunton, MAJuly 2, 2015
When I first started working for this company, I had no complaints. Great management, great teamwork out in the field. Over the years, a lot has changed.
Store Manager (Former Employee), AZJune 30, 2015
Pros: Strong team members, love the product & customers
Cons: Long hours, not appreciated, does NOT adhere to State Laws regarding compensation.
Long hours, sometimes no breaks, open to close shifts are the norm not due to emergency situations and sometimes would work more than 5 days without a day off. Found out when you leave the company all – more... the vacation hours you have accrued will NOT be paid out to you. Also, worked a holiday and was not given the day off nor was I paid for it. I was a full-time manager and it was listed as one of my paid holidays. Numerous issues to list but the main take away is this is not a company I wish I had decided to work for. – less
Typical day at work
Administrative/Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, txJune 30, 2015
The main goal of the day is to ultimately make sure that all sales goals were recorded, distributed, and broken down. Answer phones, and make sure that anything needed to make sure that the business is running smoothly occurs.
Headquarters