Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

Was Better before new company took over
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 3, 2017
Once upon a time the company actually cared about their workers, now it's all about the product, money, numbers and adding more to everyone's job description.
Great place to work!
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXNovember 28, 2017
I worked at Zales Outlet for about a year and a half, and absolutely LOVED my job! The staff is all wonderful people and the manager is friendly and very fair. Signet has an amazing training program, and I loved being able to learn everything there is to know about jewelry. Through Zales, I was also able to earn my certification with the Diamond Council of America for free. I really enjoy meeting new people, socializing, sharing the most special moments with guests and knowing that I assisted them in their very important purchases.
DCA Jewelry Consultant
DCA Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYNovember 26, 2017
Loved helping my guest finding that special piece of jewelry.Co-workers were very Cutthroat and jealous of you if had a big sell.Management played favoritism.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Cutthroat co-workers, Favoritism
Fun environment, incentives were great
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILNovember 21, 2017
Getting to know your guests on a first name basis is definitely a perk. Commission isnt the greatest, some competition, but it made you strive and get your name on the board to be seen amongst all the other stores in your district. Overall great place to work.
Zales
Assistant Sales Manager, Piercing Pagoda (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2017
It was a sales job and I worked on base pay and commission. Very cut throat and stressful especially around the holidays. I would open and close the store. Do daily inventory and stock store of new merchandise. I had to input payroll and keep track of employees hours and breaks. The manager was nice but I was young and the mall closed so I had to find a new job. I do not like sales jobs because I'm not a very good sales person.
Not a great place for Sales Associates to work since being acquired by Signet.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2017
Not a great place for Sales Associates to work since being acquired by Signet. The company does not value transitioning staff very much. Join their team to find out more.
competitive work environment-room for growth
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXNovember 14, 2017
This company is a good place to work for, the management is not good at all. Payroll, scheduling, and work responsibilities where not handle accordingly. Competitive work environment.
A competitive work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 14, 2017
This job on average was essentially slowed paced for a Sales Representative, which is what makes it competitive, due to quota requirements. However, most gift giving Holidays was the exception to the rule. I learned a vast amount of knowledge on jewelry. My Store Manager was the reason I stayed as long as I did. Went through a few Regional Managers, throughout my work experience, some were ok and some were not. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet consecutively for 8 hours or more, while in dress shoes/heels. The most enjoyable part was making work friends and Holiday sales.
Pros
Manager very accomidating with scheduling
Cons
Money is not great if sales quotas are not meet, which is not always easy due to foot traffic.
Great learning experiment
Order Puller/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2017
Great over all job environment. Excellent professional dedicated to delivering excellence in showmanship. I am accomplished conscientious professional.
Great Place to work
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 13, 2017
The costomers become your friend and count on you to help pick out presents for their loved ones. You usally see them the following year picking out the next gift of jewelry.
Pros
Comission
Cons
employees are competive
Na
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VA 20110November 12, 2017
Leadership is terrible at Zales, there is not any support and schedule is never accommodating of personal issues and challenges. I would not recommend it as a place to work.
Zales
Sales Associate-Part Time (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 10, 2017
Part time job
management was good to work for and helpful
assisted customers with any jewelry needs
inventory
cashier
answered phones
credit card applications
Customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 8, 2017
Excellent company the employees. Have to have great customer service all the time .Benefits would be given youll have sick day and vacation time!!!!!!
The work enviroment allows you to give each customer one on one time and excellent service
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2017
Great work enviroment with a relaxed traffic flow plus lots of support from the managers and seasoned employees. Each employee are set by an attainable goal and are also based on hours and pay rate
Pros
Great retail work atmosphere
Cons
Does not have great working hours in the outlet location
A lot of training
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 3, 2017
A lot of training, I had a rough unusual experience of management change during my training and I never feel I ever left training. I was a fun environment when I was on the floor, if you like sales you would like this job.
Bad place to work
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKOctober 31, 2017
Was poorly managed, not family oriented, did not get paid enough, no vacation, hours were all over the place, manager picked favorites, was super stressed constantly
Great for family
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 29, 2017
Good place if you just want 40hrs and time with family. Not a great place if you are looking for career advancement or high pay. Work is steady with little layoffs.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
No tuition assistance
Work Life Balance Not Good
Regional Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 26, 2017
Work life balance does not exist. Ok benefits and perks. The cultural environment needs a morale boost. The company could be structured and organized better.
great environment
Watch Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 25, 2017
typical work place. hardworking people. you put in what you get out. good company. enjoy working with other employee as team work is a big thing. great for learning experience
Good company!
Store Manager, Asst. Manager, Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2017
A good retail company to work for! Discounts, mobility, and pay incentives were good. Big on credit referrals, like all other retailers with strict credit guidelines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zale Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.