Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

bunch of sharks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 17, 2017
The management was very disappointing, the level of integrity on a commission sale was at a low. There was minimal training and really no room to grow with in the sharks of commission sales.
Pros
lunch
Cons
commission sales
Appraiser
Jewelry Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work was to ensure accuracy of jewelry consignments and receivables
I learned the difference in precious stones, pricing, appraisal, contract agreement, and integrity
Workplace culture was not as diverse as other companies
The hardest part of the job was going through shipments that were not properly documented or had missing items of jewelry
The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving discounts on various pieces during employee sales
This place sucks
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2017
Like I said, this place sucks. Starting with management all the way down to the snitching rats. Don't work here! Zales was bought by Signet and has gone downhill ever since then.
Cons
A wonderful company to work for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed my years working for this company, provided good benefits and salary. Was able to apply myself and continued to learn with every new position I was promoted to.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Long work day during season.
Downhill slide
DC (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2017
Management does not communicate between departments. Makes for much confusion and inefficient work. They are also shutting down most of the departments as the company is mostly (eventually all, I'm sure) moving to Akron, OH. Layoffs have been a regular occurrence since 2008
Cons
Irving home office shutting down in a few months
Great Team Players!
Sales Associate / Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at Zales was to greet customers and sell jewelry.

I learned a lot about the gem industry. So much to learn and to become knowledgeable about the products you are selling.

I was not used to the local management style.

The Retail Sales Associates were very helpful to me.

The most hardest part of the job was to keep busy. There was a lot of down time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be educated about gems and meet and greet people.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Competitive work place with somewhat unrealistic commission goals
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2017
Though my time here was brief it taught me a lot about the part of sales I do not want to work in. I learned that people see the three piece suit when they walk in and immediately shy away. I have learned to better approach people now because I have seen what not to do.
Fun Place to Word
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mall of GA Buford GAAugust 9, 2017
I enjoy working at Zales it is a fun place to work. My coworkers are great and the customers are happy ( generally speaking purchasing jewelry is for a happy event). I don't know about their benefits as I am a part time worker.
Pros
Great environment, fun place to work
Cons
It is difficult to complete training
Too long ago to remember
Regional Sales Manager (Dallas/Ft.Worth) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2017
Its been over 14 years since I worked here so it would not be fair for me to review. From my memory it was a typical retail work environment with big demands around achieving sales goals.
loved working there
Store Planner (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 3, 2017
the work there was great laying out new stores all over the country and the people were great to work for and work place was good too, until they had to do some massive layoffs
Pros
nice people and work
Cons
layoffs
okay
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 2, 2017
the company was okay. The district manager was not as helpful as she should be for her position which made the job very uncomfortable. The direct coworkers were great. the only issue that I had with the company was management and upper management
productive
Jewelry consultant (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJuly 31, 2017
It was a great place to work , less busy then most retail jobs but when it does get busy it can be very competitive among other jewelry consultants , as long as your polite , ethical and stern you will have an enjoyable work experience
greedy company
Anchor Blue (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 27, 2017
paid minimum wage for exhausting work, required to do cold calls and credit checks on almost every guest. all employees compete but dont help one another
Not Enough Management Support
JEWELRY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Carlesbad CAJuly 27, 2017
Constant push to increase sales. The was not a member of Management on every shift. A Mix of good and not-so-good products. I learned a lot about jewelry. The management was inconsistent and they did not support their staff. Culture was high pressure. The hardest part was not having a manager on duty to handle customer complaints, The most enjoyable part was learning about jewelry.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Lack of Management direction
Great Company that helped you grow!
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 25, 2017
The company provided a lot of support and resources! Constant reviews and suggestions to help get you where you want to be. Managers changed quit often, but that was because they were getting promoted or moving into a different position.
Fun position for a recent high school graduate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 19, 2017
Zales was a fun job in the middle of a busy shopping mall. The heavy traffic allowed me to meet many interesting people. It taught me how to proactively sell, up-sell, pierce ears, take inventory, and perfect my customer service skills.
Pros
Heavy traffic of interesting people
Cons
Low pay
Ok place to work
Fine Jewelry Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 17, 2017
Was fine to work for, sometimes lacked the acknowledgement of staff and efforts and only seen numbers or lack there of. Have to have a balance to be successful.
Pros
Management contests
Cons
Lack of acknowledgement of malls that were failing and its effects on store
Love the interaction with my teams and the guest
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 17, 2017
Enjoyed teaching teams how to build a great connection with our guest. Plenty of opportunity to grow within the company. Product is priced right for the quality.
Pros
the ability to really impact our teams and guest.
Cons
frequent changes to the teams commission structure.
jewelry store experience
Jewelry Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAJuly 16, 2017
This is a sales-oriented and driven environment; if you have many years of working with customers and knowing about their needs (as I do) then you would be up to the task.

Competition is not always referenced, but it is a factor in getting a sale, since Zales works with a commission rate. If it is a big ticket item and you get the sale, that is more money for you. If you sell it with another associate, you 'split' the sale instead.

The hardest part is getting the customers to sign up for the Zales credit card, which is nearly mandatory with every sale. With all of the credit cards that are available, its more of a hindrance than a help.

The easier part is interacting with the customers - getting to know them, their interests and their spending budget.
Pros
You do get a 10% discount off jewelry and accessories
Cons
Always having to close with credit
Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 15, 2017
Very fast paced and hectic. Sometimes the documentation isn't there to assist but they were working on getting this updated when I left. Not structured because you were expected to assist in many ways

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zale Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Zale Corporation Reviews by Location