Zale Corporation Employee Reviews

Seasonal
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2018
This was a seasonal position that lasted from October to February. I would come in take off any jewelry that I came in with like wedding band because you couldn't where any in the building while in the warehouse.
client sever application
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 13, 2018
This is one of the client sever application and worked with the end user clients on a daily basis to improve the user experience. I had great time working with this client and delivered quality product to them.
No advancement
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Work days are unpredictable, no set schedule, very slow after 4PM, sales environment is high pressure, every store is very different based on manager (so some stores are great, others are terrible), corporate management needs total overhaul, corporate culture is toxic and borderline abusive, no opportunity for advancement or improvement, raises max out at $0.50/hour and are only awarded at year-review, and can be revoked without reason. Credit card pushers. No follow-through from upper management on employment promises (ex: training, sick days, and raises can be withheld or taken away with no reason or recourse). Corporate rules and guidelines change with no warning, commission structure is not competitive, hourly wage is very, very low. 8+ hours/day on your feet. You can make a lot more money waiting tables. Would not recommend working for any Signet company (Zales, Kay, Jared, Piercing Pagoda, People's, Mappins). It's one big sinking ship! Would have been a 1 star review if my co-workers hadn't been nice people.
Pros
The manager is nice, decent healthcare
Cons
Literally everything else
lots of glass cleaning
Jewelry consultant (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJanuary 13, 2018
You are able to educate yourself on the jewelry industry and see a different side of it. Great place to work part time or if you are in college not really a place to carry out a career.
Pros
wear murchandise
Cons
boring
Great energy
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MulitleJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Zales and it was a good enviroment for anyone who is interested in working hard and learning as much as you can. The advancement is there if you are hungry enough to go and get it. I was able to move around to several different states due to our time in the Military and still stay with the company. The hardest part of the job was to ensure you utilize any down time in store to improve yur own training and solidify your cusomer base. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was having a great senior management team that understood the pressures and prizes and knew how to leverage them to everyones advantage.
Pros
Discounts, training
Cons
Long hours, lots of standing for some stores
Customer Service
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Being in a manager, I interviewed applicants, hiring, schedule, payroll, training, role play, received and shipping merchandise, planogram, inventory.
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
Love to work at Zales
Sales
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJanuary 4, 2018
I had a great experience working at Zales for the most part, I got a long with all of the other sales associates and it was not super cut-throat because we all did our share. The only complaint I have is that when we were in need of a manager no one internally was considered including myself, however I was expected to train the new manager which was somewhat a slap in the face.
Not bad if you enjoy selling stuff
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJanuary 2, 2018
I'm not much of a salesman, so this wasn't my dream job. But the pace was nice, never so busy you couldn't think or get a break. Slow most of the year.
retail sales, long hours
Store Manager-Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 28, 2017
Working retail hours, not much family time at home. Fast paced during busy selling times-holidays were hectic. Enjoyed one to one contact with people, helping them with their product needs.
Fun Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2017
Great work environment, always something to do to stay busy, must have strong customer service skills, able to multitask throughout your shift, able to answer multi-line phones.
cut throat environment
Repair Dept.Head Sales (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIDecember 26, 2017
Worked there for 8 years. They went through 4 managers. Between them I did the managers job like payroll, schedules and conference calls and handled any problems that came up. At reviews I would get outstanding marks but always told that the company couldn't afford to give me a raise. I had total of a 25 cent raise over the 8 years. The 1% commission and 3% if you brought in 1/2 million is hard if coworkers steal your clients and sales.
Pros
small discount
Cons
work environment
Excellent management but no room for advancement
JEWELRY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 23, 2017
I loved working for Zales but there isn't much room for advancement. Towards the end Signet made some decisions that made it clear they don't value their employees. The store management was wonderful but corporate was not supportive.
Pros
Cons
Signet cut commissions, DM would not allow part time employees to switch to full time
Typical Corporate Retail
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2017
Depending on the location and the coworkers, this job can be highly enjoyable. However, like most corporations, Zales is greedy and do not pay their hardest working staff fair salaries or hourly wages. It is high pressure with hard to reach sales goals, and in the last few years as they were bought by Signet, less and less incentives with commission.
Zales
Jewelry consultant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 18, 2017
The reason why I left the company was solely because of advancement , the stores are small and it’s rare for a management opportunity to come around . It’s very slow most days especially after holidays . But during holiday season it’s LONG days I remember I worked 12 + hours Christmas Eve and no lunch break . Or any other break . We only had enough time for bathroom breaks .
Pros
Relaxing and easy going
Cons
Not able to advance it will be a long time before you are able to .
Great Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2017
This job has a great working environment. The people who work with you will end up being your second family. There is nothing like the feeling of helping someone pick out their jewelry they will wear for the rest of their life.
I hope them being sold did something for them
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 18, 2017
Working for zales before they were sold to sterling was AWFUL! It was very cut throat. You always had to watch your back on your sales or a coworker would steal them right from under your nose. The district managers were ALWAYS against you. I can not recall a time where I was never worried about my commission. Out of the four plus stores I worked in, there was only one manager that I truly enjoyed working for. None of the others seemed to care that I would drive an hour to two hours to help them at their store or that they were too daft to comprehend what exactly they were suppose to do.
Was Better before new company took over
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 3, 2017
Once upon a time the company actually cared about their workers, now it's all about the product, money, numbers and adding more to everyone's job description.
Great place to work!
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXNovember 28, 2017
I worked at Zales Outlet for about a year and a half, and absolutely LOVED my job! The staff is all wonderful people and the manager is friendly and very fair. Signet has an amazing training program, and I loved being able to learn everything there is to know about jewelry. Through Zales, I was also able to earn my certification with the Diamond Council of America for free. I really enjoy meeting new people, socializing, sharing the most special moments with guests and knowing that I assisted them in their very important purchases.
DCA Jewelry Consultant
DCA Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYNovember 26, 2017
Loved helping my guest finding that special piece of jewelry.Co-workers were very Cutthroat and jealous of you if had a big sell.Management played favoritism.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Cutthroat co-workers, Favoritism
Fun environment, incentives were great
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILNovember 21, 2017
Getting to know your guests on a first name basis is definitely a perk. Commission isnt the greatest, some competition, but it made you strive and get your name on the board to be seen amongst all the other stores in your district. Overall great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zale Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.