Zales - The Diamond Store Employee Reviews

Thanks for everything, Zales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayaguez Mall, PRSeptember 17, 2017
Nothing else to add at the moment. Really good place to be. Pa y was fair and compensation was amazing. Too bad they decided to cease operations in Puerto Rico.
Poor management- Great job
Jewelry Sales Associate (key holder) (Current Employee) –  Dawsonville, GASeptember 14, 2017
Sales in jewelry are amazing. The floor is competitive but fair. Management needs a lot of help I myself have gone through 3 managers in the past 2 years. I was also robbed at gunpoint and the management asked me to continue to work through the day so the store would not close.
Pros
Sales
Fun job, Terrible Management from the Dm to GM
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barboursville, WVSeptember 7, 2017
the job can be great and was until i transferred to barboursville location, where the gm is lazy, a liar, steals sells, and overall isnt a good person. the DM is even worse, gets mad over nothing, offers no help and basically will tell us we have to run a store for a week with only 3 employees with out offering any help and you have to have 2 people there at all times
Yes was fun working with diamonds.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 24, 2017
Was fun working with the other employees. And meeting new people and making friends. Enjoyed it up until I retired. Was a good company to work for. Can't say much more.
great discounts and contest
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJAugust 22, 2017
Enjoyed the time working there. The staff was great and the company rewarded you for job if excellence. As well did the management team. I some day would like to go back there and work for them.
Pros
discount on clearance and regular price merchandise
Cons
always on your feet
Great colleagues and a productive store
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 18, 2017
Zales was a great life experience. I started very early in my adult life and stayed with this company for over 32 years. This job taught so many different skills that I never would have imagined. It taught diversity and management skills. It taught me compassion and many people skills. I have learned how to handle many hard situations and how to be fair to all. I loved working with so many different personalities.
Pros
Exciting and busy atmosphere
Cons
Eighteen hour days during holidays.
Excellent
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHAugust 1, 2017
Excellent place to work. We are all like family and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Our manager does an excellent job in motivating us and training us to be the best possible Jewelry Consultants. He gives us all the tools necessary to improve our sales and efforts.
Great Place to Work!!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 31, 2017
I love my 8 years with the company. It was great traveling to other locations to help out and I loved all getting together to go to Orlando to meet other store managers and get a feel for how they do things in all parts of the country.
leadership and advancement non existent
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 20, 2017
Wish I was compensated for the extra tasks I was performing that were required of the managers!. Still my job ethic prevailed.
They do not have real managers, just people who can sell but NOT really manage. Difficult to work with lazy people and do their work. The commision structure went from low to neglibible and the pay scale is barely above minimum wage, McDonald's pays more
Pros
convenient to home
Cons
no benefits tho I worked over 32 hrs a week
if you like retail sales then it's an above average work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJuly 19, 2017
ever since the current owners took over the company, the work load doubled and the compensations were reduced. They changed goal setting from annual to monthly which doesn't favor the associate, but instead favors the company as they can change your goals at any time and make them harder to reach. the employee used to have a clear cut yearly goal that they could track easily, I still have yet to get a satisfactory answer as to how the new system tracks a yearly goal. for example: in 2015 fiscal year my year end goal was 350,000- some how in 2016 it jumped to 500,000. I did 433,000 in sales for 2016 which was nearly double of what I did the year before and the best I've ever accomplished in sales. needless to say, this is why I am no longer with the company. I get "new company, new rules." -but, at the beginning of the takeover, the company promised that the Zales mode of operations would not change from what the company was at that time. They did not keep their word.
Pros
good team, great product.
Cons
the comissions and bonuses keep dwindleing
Focus on customer experience and sales goals
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 16, 2017
The salary compensation can be very good as a Manager, but a lot of hard work and dedication is required. Managers must be prepared to train and develop their own sales teams and must be able to multi task in a very fast paced environment with high sales goals. Zales offers room for growth and advancement within the company and corporate offers strong support.
Pros
Nice bonus structure
Cons
Retail so sometimes required to work holidays
Love my part time job
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 11, 2017
I started working at Zales part time in March of 2016 and have never regretted 1 day of work. It is seriously an amazing company to work for! They run competitions for your health to get you on the move and for how much you sell.
Our manager is extremely helpful and wants each and everyone of her team members to exceed.
Our district manager is also super friendly and I believe he truly cares about all of the stores he manages. I imagine he has 10+ stores to oversee and anytime he calls the store he knows my name immediately! (and I only work 1-2 days per-week) and they are incredibly flexible with my schedule being a part timer.

Zales/Signet is such an easy company to work for as long as you are willing to work, learn and have a positive attitude. Zales will never give up on you as long as you don't give up on them, They have amazing benefits and compensation. I highly recommend working for them especially out the Madison, WI Store.
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXJuly 5, 2017
we would help the customers as much as we could. we learn to work as a team. Usually the weekend it would get chaotic other than that the staff was excellent
My experience at Zales
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 3, 2017
Zales is a fun place to work. You get to know people on a whole new level and have fun. I enjoy all of the employees I work with besides one. Management is very good and understanding, my b oss is amazing!!
Pros
Good pay, flexible, room to grow in posistions
Cons
Sales position
Zales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJune 29, 2017
I love self the dimestore I love going to work in helping customers find the jewelry that they've dreamt of having all their life. You have to know how to sell jewelry in order to succeed in this business
Pros
Commission
Clean work place
Zale's the diamond store (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 26, 2017
Well dressed, clean work environment. Well observed work space via closed circuit television, safety of merchandise at all times, counting products at opening and closing every day.
Pros
Cons
Hard to take brakes
Fun environment
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Silverthorne, COJune 24, 2017
Horrible management hence the store closing in Silverthorne CO
I will probably never work for this company again due to the lack of management and the lack of support our location received.
don't get paid enough for job responsibilities
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 4, 2017
overall nice place to work, but i feel as though we do not get paid enough for all of the duties and responsibilities that come along with the job position l.
It would be perfect if management was different
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 1, 2017
The management mentality is that they have people to do their tasks for them, but there isn't a large enough staff to fit that ideal. If Zales trained their management to be part of the team instead of just running or bossing the team, this would be a great job.
Caring and friendly fellow employees at a part time position
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2017
The position I was hired for was part time as I was searching for a full time role. I learned a lot there from my mangers and all of my fellow employees, I am very enthusiastic about jewelry. My only thing that I would like to improve from my last position is my hourly pay and my commission.
Pros
Learned and gained experience
Cons
Would like more hours than I was gic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zales - The Diamond Store. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval