Zane State College

Zane State College Employer Reviews

Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMay 12, 2014
Daily duties include answering student questions, answering phones, filing, and cleaning.
Good college to work for
ADJUNCT FACULTY - HRM AND SOCIOLOGY (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHMay 12, 2014
I enjoy working at Zane State College. It is a growing organization with its pulse on what the future of the workforce will be like. Programs are tailored for the future!
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: work at my own pace, break when i wanted
I volunteered to clean classes and bathrooms and the shop at the Natural Resource center. I enjoyed my time out there.
Working while going to School
Student Worker (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMay 30, 2013
Pros: enjoyable boss, allowed me to focus on school work
Cons: not very well organized
A typical day of work at Zane State College would generally consist of sorting through nail and making duplicate copies for the staff and faculty. While working here I was able to learn that there must be a strong presence of social skills and friendliness as we are always interacting with the Staff of the College.

While working here the upper management seem disorganized at times, which led to a more hectic work day for us. There were many times that staff members would forget about a big project and then spring on us at the last minute which turned our day into a more stressful environment. However, it was this high stress environment that I enjoyed because it had made the day more exciting. In the back of my mind I knew that everything had to be right. This allowed me to stay more focused and complete the task much quicker.

The hardest part about the job would have been the ability to give each faculty member feel that they are special and the most favorable without actually playing favorites with any particular staff member.
Ok
Excel Tutor (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHMay 29, 2013
Ok just being a student worker there is no benifits to it other then experience
Never work here
Instructor (Former Employee), ZanesvilleOctober 24, 2012
Pros: constant open job listing
Cons: underpaid, overworked, disillusioned management.
High stress, very underpaid, upper management is totally clueless and doesn't care about employees. Politics are extreme and employees are constantly leaving. They only have the dedicated staff due to the unemployment rate. Stay as far away of the college as possible.
Look elsewhere for a job
Staff (Current Employee), Zanesville, OhioSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: a paycheck, health insurance
Cons: stress, no appreciation, lack of communication, no pay raise in 2 years (of course, the president got his!).
Staff members of the college are currently suffering under oppressive work conditions and managed by clueless, power-hungry administrators. A typical day is a day of stress, with high workload and no hope of relief (if you don't get it done, upper administrators say you're just being "inefficient"). A great group of dedicated employees keep plowing through and without each others' support, we would slowly fall apart; a better overall economy in the area would show a mass exodus of disgruntled employees and the majority of us are currently job hunting. Faculty have it a little better, though not much. Adjunct pay is fourth from the bottom in the state.

I am ashamed to be associated with this college and when others ask me about job openings, I tell them they would be better off working almost anywhere else. BTW--I have not put down my correct "start date" in order to protect my identity, though I have been here a good many years.
Work Study program
Work Study ( Web Development) (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHAugust 8, 2012
I was asked to take on a project while in college to create a web application. This application was a web based time clock for the IT department. It was used to keep track of student hours worked each week. Thus, depleting the need to keep track of them on paper and save the college some money.
Interesting place to work
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee), Zanesville and Cambridge OHFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: overall nice people and workplace.
Cons: as adjunct, no chance to discuss evaluations.
I enjoyed working at the institution. However, the evaluation of your duties need work, along with the person who does it.