Zane State College Employee Reviews

Loved it!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHFebruary 22, 2016
Loved working for Zane State College's Learning Center. Helping my fellow student's was very enjoyable and I learned a lot.The hardest part was figuring out what exactly someone needed help grasping. A typical day was an hour or two long in a selection of tutoring rooms with all my needs provided for. (Computer, white board, dry erase markers, pens/pencils)
N/a
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHOctober 26, 2015
Tell us about:
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great place to learn
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHAugust 11, 2015
Work on a daily basis varied. Could be designing items for CNC plasma table, cutting items on the table, maintenance, painting, and so on. I learned a great deal about having and being a good team member and the importance of listening to your supervisors as their wealth of knowledge is priceless. Hardest part of job was sometimes there just didn't seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything for others plus what I needed to do for myself. Most enjoyable parts of the job were just being around and learning from supervisors and completing projects and knowing your supervisors were impressed and happy.
Pros
Knowledge shared by instructors/supervisors.
Cons
Minimum wage and hours allowed to work.
Great place
Medical Assisting Internship (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 11, 2015
Zane State is a great school, where you learn everything needed to do an excellent job.I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great school to attend
Productive and fun work environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 22, 2015
I was able to create my own hours to work with those students who required my talents. I worked with 4-5 students each semester. The students that I worked with were great and were always eager to learn what I was teaching them. The management was great at finding me students to work with, as well as following up with any issues I had.
Pros
Flexible hours, great students
A great learning experience.
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHNovember 14, 2014
I was a student worker in a few different offices. I answered phones, did filing, assisted in event preparation, along with various other tasks assigned.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 12, 2014
Daily duties include answering student questions, answering phones, filing, and cleaning.
Good college to work for
ADJUNCT FACULTY - HRM AND SOCIOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 12, 2014
I enjoy working at Zane State College. It is a growing organization with its pulse on what the future of the workforce will be like. Programs are tailored for the future!
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHSeptember 17, 2013
I volunteered to clean classes and bathrooms and the shop at the Natural Resource center. I enjoyed my time out there.
Pros
Work at my own pace, break when I wanted
Working while going to School
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 30, 2013
A typical day of work at Zane State College would generally consist of sorting through nail and making duplicate copies for the staff and faculty. While working here I was able to learn that there must be a strong presence of social skills and friendliness as we are always interacting with the Staff of the College.

While working here the upper management seem disorganized at times, which led to a more hectic work day for us. There were many times that staff members would forget about a big project and then spring on us at the last minute which turned our day into a more stressful environment. However, it was this high stress environment that I enjoyed because it had made the day more exciting. In the back of my mind I knew that everything had to be right. This allowed me to stay more focused and complete the task much quicker.

The hardest part about the job would have been the ability to give each faculty member feel that they are special and the most favorable without actually playing favorites with any particular staff member.
Pros
enjoyable boss, allowed me to focus on school work
Cons
not very well organized

Want to know more about Zane State College?

Ask a question
Ok
Excel Tutor (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 29, 2013
Ok just being a student worker there is no benifits to it other then experience
Never work here
Instructor (Former Employee) –  ZanesvilleOctober 24, 2012
High stress, very underpaid, upper management is totally clueless and doesn't care about employees. Politics are extreme and employees are constantly leaving. They only have the dedicated staff due to the unemployment rate. Stay as far away of the college as possible.
Pros
constant open job listing
Cons
underpaid, overworked, disillusioned management.
Look elsewhere for a job
Staff (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OhioSeptember 24, 2012
Staff members of the college are currently suffering under oppressive work conditions and managed by clueless, power-hungry administrators. A typical day is a day of stress, with high workload and no hope of relief (if you don't get it done, upper administrators say you're just being "inefficient"). A great group of dedicated employees keep plowing through and without each others' support, we would slowly fall apart; a better overall economy in the area would show a mass exodus of disgruntled employees and the majority of us are currently job hunting. Faculty have it a little better, though not much. Adjunct pay is fourth from the bottom in the state.

I am ashamed to be associated with this college and when others ask me about job openings, I tell them they would be better off working almost anywhere else. BTW--I have not put down my correct "start date" in order to protect my identity, though I have been here a good many years.
Pros
a paycheck, health insurance
Cons
stress, no appreciation, lack of communication, no pay raise in 2 years (of course, the president got his!).
Work Study program
Work Study ( Web Development) (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 8, 2012
I was asked to take on a project while in college to create a web application. This application was a web based time clock for the IT department. It was used to keep track of student hours worked each week. Thus, depleting the need to keep track of them on paper and save the college some money.
Interesting place to work
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Zanesville and Cambridge OHFebruary 26, 2012
I enjoyed working at the institution. However, the evaluation of your duties need work, along with the person who does it.
Pros
overall nice people and workplace.
Cons
as adjunct, no chance to discuss evaluations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zane State College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6