Zappos Family of Companies

Zappos Family of Companies Employer Reviews

Amazing Company
IT Dispatcher (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMay 2, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits, awesome company culture
Cons: loud parades on occasion
If it weren't for wanting to settle down in another state, I would have stayed with Zappos indefinitely.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), hendersonApril 22, 2014
Answered inbound calls, emails & chats to place orders/returns for customers. Assisted customers with any questions for items on the Zappos.com website.
Fun place to work, great culture
Supervisor (Former Employee), Shepardsville, KYApril 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: company was bought out
Before working for Encompass, this was my all time favorite job/company.

Businesses tend to change drastically when bought out by a different company that doesn't want to keep the same environment.
fun work place
sales executive (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: short breaks
lot of walking,learned people,great co workers,love the job.
Productive workplace focused on developing happiness
Style Editor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch & snacks, great health benefits
Cons: unqualified managers, lack of employee development
I typically worked 45-50 hours per week building outfits, meeting with buyers and brands to feature ideal product for photo shoots, and working with site merchandiser to ensure timely update of site to feature new imagery.

While it is a fun company to work for, management was often times not available and often unaware of their team's jobs or how to – more... develop team members professionally.

My co-workers were great! I created many life-long friendships.

Hardest part of the job was developing myself as a stylist and creatively with no assistance or encouragement from management.

Most enjoyable part of the job were the quirky and inventive events created for the company, the charity participation and motivational speakers brought in during the all-hands meetings. – less
Fast Paced, Professional, and Fun
Photographer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2014
The team at Zappos is a serious one. They have a dedicated crew of experienced people, and they are willing to help you fit in with their team. It takes the right kind of attitude and willingness to learn, but if you are a good fit with the personalities on the team, you're destined to fall in love with working alongside these fine folks!
great place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), louisville kyJanuary 18, 2014
Cons: supervisors not really good
loved the job.great people and work place.would recommend job to others
great job
picker/packer (Former Employee), louisville kyJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks
Cons: supervisors not really good
loved working there great enviroment! good people to work with and there is some cons the managers arent always great at what they do..
a warehouse that didn't seem like work
Inbound Freight Coordinator (Former Employee), Shepherdsville KYJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: culture people just wow
Cons: hard to move up
A typical work day would be for me to meet with our team and find out how they were doing get them excited to do what was planned for the day.The hardest part of job would be Christmas Peak due to the rush but after the feeling of success was awesome. Management was always present and was part of the work family.Co-workers weren't co-workers they were – more... Family.The all around atmosphere was created for Success while working without feeling like work. – less
Fun place to work and great customers
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, awesome medical benefits
Cons: no raises, limited advancement
Worked on the live chat team so I chatted with customers and helped them with what ever their needs were. Best part of job was ability to help customers any way I could without management approval. Hardest part of job, no raises and limited advancement opportunity.
Production
Retail and production (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KyDecember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch and the co workers were so friendly.
Cons: work assignment ended.
Inducted merchandise and picked orders. Enjoyed the friendly people to work with along with seeing what all came into warehouse.
Great Culture
CLT Rep (Former Employee), Las VegasNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free gourment hour lunches, immediate healthcare
Cons: was only seasonal
Zappos is by far one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I learned so much in working for them not only about the true meaning of customer service but just how to be an all around good person. It is the most laid back customer focused position I have ever encountered. I would love to work for them full time.
Zappos was very exciting to work for.
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Shepardsville, kyNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunches, 25 cent vending, co-workers, activites during break
Cons: 10 hour shifts, short breaks, the commute
Zappos also helps you reach a level of responsibility that you may have not had before. They provided free lunches but took away the shuttle buses which helped people get back and forth. Overall they were a great company to work for. I enjoyed waking up and being employed there but the hardest part was much needed time to spend with my family. That – more... is the reason I'm looking for something much closer to town. The time I enjoyed the most would be that I could listen to music and do my own thing moving at a fast rate. – less
Very fun fast paced enjoyable work place! they make you want to come to work!
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care
You can never predict what crazy, exciting thing is gonna happen next when you work at Zappos! Never have I worked in a work place that really devotes there all in all to making there employees feel comfortable,safe and up beat at all times. There where always crazy games and prizes you could win, not to mention too too tuesday. My favorite thing about – more... zappos was the free food. They had full course meals for us everyday. They brought so much culter in the doors and diversty, theres really a message behind all of it. I loved going to work and haveing meatings everday before our shift, knowing what was gonna happen and what they expected of us. Team leaders where always pacing the floor making sure we where hitting our rate for the day. – less
Summary of a day at Zappos
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYOctober 21, 2013
Pros: free meals, benefit package
A typical day at Zappos was peaceful, I learned the importance of culture, teamwork, and communication. Standing on my feet may have been the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the concepts I learned about the work environment, people being friendly, and the importance of company growth.
on a scale of A to F (a being the best) Give it a C+
Area Manager/Shipping (Current Employee), Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: decent benifits
Cons: area management needs help
High volume Fast paced work place. People are great to work with in this position. Area management needs more help
Culture-based and very fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free healthy lunches, benefits, relationships, connections, communications, life lessons, wisdom, responsibility, quick and efficient
Cons: short time period of my stay
It was great to always walk into a door where people actually have open arms and say good morning to you. I learned a lot both emotionally and professionally. Personally I am in love with the company and all the employees that make the company thrive. My closest friends were my co-workers and they have always welcomed me even though I was a complete – more... stranger. Even those that didn't know me, what I gained felt like, they wanted to know me. The hardest part, though, was maintaining my creative aspect and the professionalism that overall represents the company itself. To know when to have fun and when to actually work was my trickiest part of them all. But I loved every minute of it, the fact that life had me tangled and words of wisdom from all the people I encountered helped me unravel more than what I knew myself. Thank You Zappos Family for everything! – less
Productive work place with video games and karakoe.
Special projects. (Former Employee), Shephardsville, KYAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: expensive family healthcare.
A typical day at work consisted of scanning and making new labels for the warehouse shelving. I learned how to pay close attention to detail. Management was hardworking but joked around with you. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the layout of the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment.
amazing place to work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYAugust 26, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
this was the place to work enjoyed coming to work everyday. loved the people and my job
An awesome company that lives it's core values.
Store Representative (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYAugust 22, 2013
Though some days were slow and others were fast paced having great co workers made the days fun. We worked and played hard. A typical day would include stocking the shoes, helping customers, and working on special projects.

1 2 3 4

About Zappos Family of Companies

Customer Service Isn't Just A Department! We've been asked by a lot of people how we've grown so quickly, and the answer is – Read more

Zappos Family of Companies Photos