Zappos Family of Companies

Zappos Family of Companies Employer Reviews

Productive and fun enviromnet
Picker/Stocker (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch, listening to music
Cons: point system
A typical day at work was quick, three breaks throughout the day. I really didn't learn much about this job it was very easy. Management could sometimes be annoyed but that any typical job. The co-workers were great, just doing their jobs. There wasn't really anything difficult about this job besides carrying the hundreds of shoes you had on your cart throughout the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of this job where that we could listen to our music at work.
Awesome place to change perception of the workplace!
Zappos Customer Loyalty Team Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free gym, great vibes
Cons: slow progression
Zappos is a unique company that allows one to feel as though they are a part of something bigger, a family! Delivering happiness to customers external, as well as customer internal, is the number one priority and they do an excellent job!

Working for Zappos allows a lot of freedom to manage your own time wisely as well as pick up a few nice changes in perspective about what it means to be happy in the workplace. Its nice to felt wanted in the workplace and cared for.
Zappos was very generous..
Merchandising Assistant III (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: stepford like culture
as long as you do what you have to do, work the system, you will be fine there. Its not a bad trade off considering they give you free meals, snacks and drinks, awesome discounts, great parties, great events....eh...
On the even brighter side, I did meet some cool people that I will never forget and I got a free trip to NYC.
Empowerment provided by Zappos made working with customers easy.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, employee discounts.
Cons: not being able to talk with mgmt. due to holacracy that is being developed.
Very busy call center with back to back calls. Empowering your employees to help the customer with all their needs, not only makes the customer happy and come back, but makes your job easier for those customers that could provide some difficulties. The hardest part of the job was when a customer wasn't able to find the item they needed in their size, color, or needs for a special event. We were empowered however to try to locate what they needed at other stores or web sites. I would have to say the best part of my job was that empowerment option, knowing when you had completed your call, the customer was satisfied. The worst part of my job was not being able to have that face to face conversation with customers.
Zappos is decent
Lead (Current Employee), Shepardsville, KentuckyNovember 11, 2014
Pros: decent job, some room for advancement, good hours.
Cons: room for advancement is limited without degree, some overtime can be pointless and without use.
Zappos was a great company to work for but when Amazon bought it, things changed. From a business stand point they are great and overall had better numbers and production but the culture suffered quite a bit.
A great place to work!
Customer Loyalty Team Member (Former Employee), Henderson, NVNovember 10, 2014
Pros: a large range of amenities for employees.
Zappos is a great place to work! They take care of their employees and are not just in the business to make profit.
Best job I ever worked.
Junior Photographer (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: the culture, the benefits, the co workers and a great place to work. i looked forward to going to work everyday.
Cons: company was sold to amazon, which took all the great culture of zappos and replaced it with empty promises.
I loved everything about Zappos. Felt like I mattered, and I felt appreciated and respected as not only as a worker but as a person. But to be sold out for a dollar was really a hurtful experience.
Zappos
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 9, 2014
Great place to work, fun, relaxed and enjoyable. Culture was a definite plus.
Stower (Former Employee), KYAugust 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough water if ur one on 4th floor
need more incentive to keep people. don't be so hard on people if they aren't as fast as someone else. Because gad did not make us all alike. Some are slower then others. And atleast they were willing to step up and work when a lot of people faster then them wont
Fun
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Las VegasAugust 19, 2014
Same as my previous review. It was a great place to work for. Pay was really low, however.
I Would Still Be Here If I Could
Customer Loyalty Team/IT Dispatcher (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch, low cost healthcare, amazing morale and culture, caring coworkers
Cons: if you ever have to leave, you can't find another company that's half as awesome.
This place is amazing. I've never had an employer who genuinely cared THIS much about employees. If I hadn't had to move to Washington, I would have stayed with Zappos until retirement. I can't even begin to describe how awesome they are.
fun to work for
Warehouseman (Former Employee), shepherdsville, kentuckyMay 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no health insurance
stocked shelves with merchandise and pulled merchandise to send to packing and shipping
Amazing Company
IT Dispatcher (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMay 2, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits, awesome company culture
Cons: loud parades on occasion
If it weren't for wanting to settle down in another state, I would have stayed with Zappos indefinitely.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), hendersonApril 22, 2014
Answered inbound calls, emails & chats to place orders/returns for customers. Assisted customers with any questions for items on the Zappos.com website.
Fun place to work, great culture
Supervisor (Former Employee), Shepardsville, KYApril 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: company was bought out
Before working for Encompass, this was my all time favorite job/company.

Businesses tend to change drastically when bought out by a different company that doesn't want to keep the same environment.
fun work place
sales executive (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: short breaks
lot of walking,learned people,great co workers,love the job.
Productive workplace focused on developing happiness
Style Editor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch & snacks, great health benefits
Cons: unqualified managers, lack of employee development
I typically worked 45-50 hours per week building outfits, meeting with buyers and brands to feature ideal product for photo shoots, and working with site merchandiser to ensure timely update of site to feature new imagery.

While it is a fun company to work for, management was often times not available and often unaware of their team's jobs or how to develop team members professionally.

My co-workers were great! I created many life-long friendships.

Hardest part of the job was developing myself as a stylist and creatively with no assistance or encouragement from management.

Most enjoyable part of the job were the quirky and inventive events created for the company, the charity participation and motivational speakers brought in during the all-hands meetings.
Fast Paced, Professional, and Fun
Photographer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2014
The team at Zappos is a serious one. They have a dedicated crew of experienced people, and they are willing to help you fit in with their team. It takes the right kind of attitude and willingness to learn, but if you are a good fit with the personalities on the team, you're destined to fall in love with working alongside these fine folks!
great place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), louisville kyJanuary 18, 2014
Cons: supervisors not really good
loved the job.great people and work place.would recommend job to others
great job
picker/packer (Former Employee), louisville kyJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks
Cons: supervisors not really good
loved working there great enviroment! good people to work with and there is some cons the managers arent always great at what they do..

1 2 3 4 5

About Zappos Family of Companies

Customer Service Isn't Just A Department! We've been asked by a lot of people how we've grown so quickly, and the answer is – Read more

Zappos Family of Companies Photos