Zappos Family of Companies

Zappos Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Returns Processor, Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 26, 2015
Management was always there when you needed them. Work was steady and made fun with incentives to meet your quota. Benefits were above and beyond that of industry standards.
Used to be a great environment but things have changed
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2015
Zappos used to be the dream job and ideal place to work until recently. Due to the many recent changes across the company (Holocracy, Teal, strategy changes) the culture has taken a massive hit.
Nearly Perfect.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 7, 2015
Zappos is closed now sadly but it was the best job I have ever worked. I left them when they became Amazon Fulfillment because it could never be the same.
Pros
Free healthy lunch/ drinks/ snacks. Two adult parties/year.
Cons
Became Amazon
Typical office environment with extras
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2015
While there are a lot of benefits to working at Zappos, you will, unfortunately, have to deal with typical office politics.
Fun Place To Work
BUYER/PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2015
Planning and procuring category goods
Sales planing/metrics
Hands off management
Great co-workers
Communication not good
Buying
Pros
Working from home on Fridays
Cons
No direction
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 8, 2015
Every company that I've worked for was a very great company. The only problem that I had with the company was not enough hours.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
Great experience!
Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
Zappos is a wonderful company! It provided me with a lot of great growing opportunities, both with progression and personal development. It has competitive benefits, and an evolving business model. It is best suited for motivated individuals and those who can work in an entrepreneurial environment.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Outstanding
Chat Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2015
This is what every employer should strive to be like! You will be valued, loved, appreciated, and treated like a human being while providing others with outstanding service. Bravo!
Pros
People, Culture, Benefits, Free Food, Etc.
Cons
Still a little lost with their new holocracy system, but it's just growing pains.
Delivering Happiness at Zappos Family of Companies
Supervisor/Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2015
Zappos is a really a great place to work. I worked there just short of 10 years and only left to relocate with my family to Homestead, FL. During my time at Zappos, I was able to advance through the contact center from an agent to a supervisor. I developed many teams during my time and was able to form lasting friendships with a lot of my coworkers. The people are really what make the job fun and our customers were amazing.
Pros
progression, ideas were encouraged, family atmosphere, benefits
Cons
Holacracy implementation
So awesome to meet and make so many con ections
Culture Outlaw (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2015
Had a great time making and building connections with others as I shared the Zappos story and workplace culture. People from all walks of life visit daily just to hear me talk about the what, how and why of our unique business model.
Pros
guests always excited to be here and hear about company
Cons
not too many
Fun place to work
Lead Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 22, 2015
Great inbound call center with ideal customers who are treated like family as the employees. Rare to get an upset or irate customer. flexible shifts to choose from and no call stats, quota or even a script.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
becoming too progressive
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2015
My typical day varied. I had various projects to work on as assigned by my day team. There were several fun culture activities on a daily basis. I assisted customers via phone, live chat and email depending on volume and need. I was lucky to make have made several long lasting friendships with my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on projects and helping customers. I had Resource Desk knowledge so was able to assist coworkers and customers with any issues.
Pros
Culture, Benefits
Productive and wonderful fun work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2015
The management team was the best this is honestly one of the best companies to work for. Hardest part of the job is connecting with customers on every call but the best part is when you do they memorable experiences for both you and the customer.
Pros
Free lunches, casual dress, able to use electronic devices and surf web
Cons
Great place to work and progress!
Customer Loyalty Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2015
Great place to work and progress! I've been there for 5 years, and in that time, I've had amazing opportunities to innovate and learn new things. The only reason I'm looking for employment elsewhere is because my family is looking to relocate to the Denver area.
When machines went down we didnt have to just stand around and wait we played games.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMarch 26, 2015
Worked hard,had lots of fun,friendly managers,great coworkers,and hated to leave at end of day.Worked in differant dept.all the time.
Pros
Everything was great.
Cons
That the company was sold.
Fun work environment.
Resource Department Team Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2015
Great place for recent grads. Must be willing to embrace change. Co-workers are delightful. Young leaders. Can be difficult to progress within the company if you don't know the right people.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
pay
great job for younger people
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 6, 2015
zappos was great until amazon took over free lunches and very fun break room xbox ping pong free vending manchines etc...
Productive and fun enviromnet
Picker/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work was quick, three breaks throughout the day. I really didn't learn much about this job it was very easy. Management could sometimes be annoyed but that any typical job. The co-workers were great, just doing their jobs. There wasn't really anything difficult about this job besides carrying the hundreds of shoes you had on your cart throughout the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of this job where that we could listen to our music at work.
Pros
free lunch, listening to music
Cons
point system
Awesome place to change perception of the workplace!
Zappos Customer Loyalty Team Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2015
Zappos is a unique company that allows one to feel as though they are a part of something bigger, a family! Delivering happiness to customers external, as well as customer internal, is the number one priority and they do an excellent job!

Working for Zappos allows a lot of freedom to manage your own time wisely as well as pick up a few nice changes in perspective about what it means to be happy in the workplace. Its nice to felt wanted in the workplace and cared for.
Pros
free lunch, free gym, great vibes
Cons
slow progression
Zappos was very generous..
Merchandising Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2015
as long as you do what you have to do, work the system, you will be fine there. Its not a bad trade off considering they give you free meals, snacks and drinks, awesome discounts, great parties, great events....eh...
On the even brighter side, I did meet some cool people that I will never forget and I got a free trip to NYC.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stepford like culture

4.2