Zappos Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Zappos Experience
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2016
I LOVE zappos! Its the best company I ever worked for! I heard it was hard to get in and I hardly new what I was getting into. I was in a team of great people and a bad as heck best in the world lead link Soco! I wish I would have been able to stay but I have relocated back to CA
Pros
Free lunches and drinks, best customers ever! constant availability to grow and pursue your passion
Cons
A lot of clicks
fun.
marketing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2015
In a state of change for the past 4 years, overall okay place to work if you live in Las Vegas. Lots of needless perks..free food, parties. Would be better if they valued employee talent. Employee ambition is killed after a while, upper management is living in 2007.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Draining
Loooooveee looovvveee loooovvveee
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2015
I was just a seasonal employee but I learned so much about business in general from working at Zappos. I honestly felt European how much they cared about my well-being... They just talked about free food, fun and benefits. The best part is that they care 100% about the customer experience versus their numbers! Its risky but it pays off for them!
Pros
free food, coffee, etc, great pay, great benefits
Cons
not being offered a permanent position
A company culture that is very unique, fun and weird
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 7, 2015
Zappos Insights is a team made of unique individuals that have a personality of their own. It's a team focused primarily on company culture training and welcome all companies that want to learn and embrace a new way of growing their company culture.
This team was amazing to work with because we embraced everyone's individuality. We worked hard to keep our culture alive and strived for only the best outcome possible. We built experiences with our clients and our colleagues that lasts for a lifetime
Pros
strong company culture
Cons
difficult o pull away from your desk
fun and production place to work
software engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2015
I made the best of friends at zappos.. one of the best places to work.. but the recent management structure change lead to me to think I might need to move soon.
Very Solid Company
Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVOctober 18, 2015
My experience at Zappos was phenomenal. I was there only a short time in a management role but during that time I met wonderful people, learned effective management techniques that I still put into practice and learned a lot about what I wanted and did not want in my employer. That was an experience I will never forget.
Pros
Great people, creative, forward thinking environment.
Cons
Work load could be pretty overwhelming at times.
Lots of changes
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NvOctober 12, 2015
This company does not stop implementing changes, not small insignificant ones but large company wide ones with far reaching consequences for staff.
Zappos is not a technology company
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Las VegasSeptember 21, 2015
Zappos is call center and online retailer with a tech team that is contracting. It feels like a tech start-up, but it's not.

It used to be that Zappos valued it's tech teams and pursued industry leading technologies and practices.

Now, they seem happy to contract out the tech teams needed to support the business.

The CEO has vision and is an innovator. However, he does this at the company-level and in-part to elevate his own public persona. His goal is to revolutionize the work-place, I believe.

Holocracy is the manifestation of this goal. And it does not work for a technology organization.
great job
Zappos (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 31, 2015
I absolutely loved this job. I made a lot of friends here. The people were really nice and the managers were cool. While I was there I put customers items in boxes where they belong. I put things on the shelves when the light lit up.
game with Team member
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 31, 2015
Loved working for Zappos until was Amazon sold. Zappoe was a fun place to work and cared about there people. Zappos would teach their people new thing to let the more up in the company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sold
Awesome
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2015
Zappos has the greatest CEO ever. Tony, I miss you! You are a rare human being. My job her was as a customer service representative. The only CSR job I've ever had that allowed us to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. The core values of this company are on point! Employees are treated as good as the customers. Pay was excellent and benefits were awesome too. Fun place to work with a CEO who cares about the people who work for him as well as who buy from him. No wonder he has so many awards and such amazing success!
Pros
free vending machines, free lunch, free health benefits, fun work place
Cons
The only Con...Attendance policy does not allow family emergencies, too strict.
We do have fun same time
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 29, 2015
Zappos have one of the good working environment and they care about their employee.Every week we have good food for all the employee.
Great work environment
Returns Processor, Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 26, 2015
Management was always there when you needed them. Work was steady and made fun with incentives to meet your quota. Benefits were above and beyond that of industry standards.
Used to be a great environment but things have changed
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2015
Zappos used to be the dream job and ideal place to work until recently. Due to the many recent changes across the company (Holocracy, Teal, strategy changes) the culture has taken a massive hit.
Nearly Perfect.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 7, 2015
Zappos is closed now sadly but it was the best job I have ever worked. I left them when they became Amazon Fulfillment because it could never be the same.
Pros
Free healthy lunch/ drinks/ snacks. Two adult parties/year.
Cons
Became Amazon
Typical office environment with extras
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2015
While there are a lot of benefits to working at Zappos, you will, unfortunately, have to deal with typical office politics.
Fun Place To Work
BUYER/PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2015
Planning and procuring category goods
Sales planing/metrics
Hands off management
Great co-workers
Communication not good
Buying
Pros
Working from home on Fridays
Cons
No direction
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 8, 2015
Every company that I've worked for was a very great company. The only problem that I had with the company was not enough hours.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
Great experience!
Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
Zappos is a wonderful company! It provided me with a lot of great growing opportunities, both with progression and personal development. It has competitive benefits, and an evolving business model. It is best suited for motivated individuals and those who can work in an entrepreneurial environment.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Outstanding
Chat Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2015
This is what every employer should strive to be like! You will be valued, loved, appreciated, and treated like a human being while providing others with outstanding service. Bravo!
Pros
People, Culture, Benefits, Free Food, Etc.
Cons
Still a little lost with their new holocracy system, but it's just growing pains.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zappos Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2