ZARA USA Inc.

ZARA USA Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun environment
Head Cashier, Product Leader, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 3, 2014
I learned a lot while I worked here as I had the opportunity to wear many hats. This gave me the experience to be more hands on and report to upper management as well as the international side of the corporation. I enjoyed the fast-paced fashion world as well as learning about the merchandising side of things.
NA
Cashier/Sale Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
It was fairly nice working for the brand. The people we very nice and the customers were pleasant.
racist
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
sucks, racist, cheap.

learned not to work for another company like this
Productive work environment
Point of Sale Supervisor (Former Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 25, 2013
-Great benefits
-Good opportunities for advancement
-Constantly changing work obligations
okay workplace
pl (Current Employee), dcSeptember 3, 2013
moving up in this company is based solely on favortism and who you know. A typical day consists of managers not really helping you do much of anything. The team is a little bit cat-y and they feel as if they are overworked. The hardest part of the job is actually working hard and not having any one notice. The most enjoyable part is going home.
excellent
Head Cashier/ Shift Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2013
great environment to work in. many different customers, excellent team members, flexible
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 5, 2013
Zara always had something to do every shift. Zara was very productive and a great place to learn about European fashion.
Family atmosphere
Stock Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere, good health and compensation benefits
Cons: extended work hours, low salary
Working for Zara I had learned not only about work but also life. I had started working for the company as a part time sales associate while in college. When I saw opportunity to invest in my self, I just grasp it with my both hands and started advancing myself and growing withing the company.
I learned fast that the company really values the hard work – more... but at the same time you need to have good superiors who can recognize it. During the work experience at Zara I've learned about:
- HR within the stores
- fashion trends
- business management
- sales analysis and forecasting
- product purchasing
- Stock analysis
- logistics and distribution, etc.
The hardest part of my job is constantly following up with the store management and making sure they are fulfilling the very basic part of their job in stock control of their stores. At the same time the most enjoyable part of my job is not only we all work as professionals but we make a second family at work. Most of the store managers became my good friends. – less
Team Leader - Customer Service
Team Leader - Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 8, 2013
Recognized by company for outstanding sales service and consistent leadership in reaching company goals.
Hold full responsibility for the management of day-to-day business operations and general accounting.
Encourage an employee-friendly work environment to ensure productivity and staff retention.
Observe and coach associates in sales floor techniques – more... and customer management skills. – less
Productive and fun workplace, very diverse.
Head Cashier-Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CaFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: benefits, healthcare, bonuses
I was able to work on the sales floors other than being at the register. My co-workers were all of different color who I got along with very well and they were very friendly. Management was good.
Productive, diverse, fun work environment
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: working in a very good environment
Cons: management was bad
Work was demanding and strenuous, but fun. Very fast paced and constant work to be done. Enteracting with customers and always having a very diverse atmosphere.
I learned how to process shipment.
Management wasn't so great, but they were somewhat lenient in a lot of ways.
the hardest part of the job was meeting the deadlines. It was a lot of work to – more... do with litle time to do it.
The part I enjoyed the most was being around my co-workers and being able to take charge as far as supervising others. My co-workers were all like family. We still are to this day even though most of us no longer work for the company. – less
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2013
good environment, good vibes, fancy uniform, good place to work if you're willing to stay for years and move up.
Register Manager
REGISTER MANAGER (Former Employee), new york, nyNovember 7, 2012
Pros: oppourtunity to grow
Task allocation and overseeing register operations Staff training and developing potential employees .Corresponding with management in all departments for optimal functionality
Learning new skill sets that allowed me to develop myself professionally.
exelent palce to work if you are looking for a PT
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2012
exelent crew, fun, coworkers are awesome. coorporate is alway there for you and your advice,
Productive and fun place, Is a very friendly environment and a challenge. Which is needed in order to gain knowledge.
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2012
Pros: healthcare, benefits, long breaks
Cons: discount for employees, parking, uniforms
Well a typical day at work will be restpcking i the morning but if it is shipment days I will come in the morning and price and process shipment. Then I will place the merchandise where they belong. Once everything is place and clear out I will go and merchandise the whole department, changing mannequins. In the end I am responsible for selling merchandise – more... and making sure customers are satisfied. I will have to make sure that by the end of the day my backstock was done and put away. In this company I learn how to multitask, how to deal with pressure and stay calm when a customer is being rude. My co-workers where amazing we got along very well and help each other out in every way we can. Management was different dependingon the store some where very helpful while other focus only on there department and not mines which was the Children Department. The hardest part of the job was finishing on time while helping customers out. The most enjoyablepart was dealing working with children and merchandising the department. – less
Lovely inexpensive place to shop for chic product
Sale Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2012
Cons: short breaks, healthcare provided
Everyone in the store are very nice, very helpful. Learned a lot from co-worker about how to have a better service for customers.
Amazing company with great people
Mens Department Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 12, 2012
Pros: amazing experience, great atmosphere
I had a great experience working for Zara, i have learned a lot about retail business while working there. Learned how to deal with different type of costumer, as well as how to manage a department.
Horrible
sales associate (Former Employee), 42nd street and 5th aveJune 8, 2012
Pros: nice clothes
Cons: horrible managers, supervisors, co-workers, no hours
Nice clothes . Management shows favoritism to employees who speak spanish .
Fun workplace
Product Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2012
Pros: great fashion
Cons: difficult customers
Very fast pace organized staff challenging part was multitasking great staff
Fast paced work environment in the lower end of the fashion industry.
Assistant Head Cashier (Current Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: great opportunities for growth with in the company
Cons: european style of business in an american market
I currently enjoy my time working for Zara. The company is in perfect position to be one of the industry leaders in fashion and textiles industry in the United states. Them company already has strong presence in Europe and is well penetrated in the Unites States.