ZARA USA Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXFebruary 25, 2016
I love working in a good environment where I get to meet different people. I looked at my co-workers as my family. it's the best way to treat them with respect, and the best way to communicate with them. The hardiest part of the job can be when a customer does not want to communicate; however, a customer is never wrong. therefore, I it my duty to make sure the customer is happy no matter the circumstances. Management is the easiest part, in my opinion. I have started to manage people at a very young age. I use my communication skills to handle things when it needed. A work place can be a good place to improve as a person because as human being we can never stop learning. therefore, there is always something learn.
Pros
I don't mind
Cons
I don't mind
management
sales assocaite (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 6, 2016
The management at Zara is exceptional. They work hard and they help you with any needs you may have. hey make it comfortable to work here and they also are willing to help you with growth within the company.
A Growing company with ample opprotunity for growth
Stockroom Manager/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 19, 2016
Zara Inc, in the US has so many things going for it. If you are hard working, driven, flexible, and patient, there is no reason one cannot excel in this company. There are so many management areas for growth and other career paths from Logistics, accounting, to visual, and recruitment. There is a lot of expansion and changes to the way the company operates currently. It has been incredibly exciting and fulfilling to be a part of such a dynamic company!
Pros
potential for growth, many locations, compnay expansion
Cons
training and development in some stores, leadership in some stores, poor management in some stores
very productive- work life balance is not easy
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 9, 2015
Following a routine or plan
Spreading yourself in various directions to help the team.
Depending on department your manager may see that you have a life outside of work and be more caring
The hardest part is having a schedule to fit your outside of work activities and remaining focus on work when at work.
The individuals you meet, become family more than co-workers.
Pros
incentives and care for emplyees compared to other companies
Cons
work life balance
Company has gone from amazing to AWFUL in 2 years
Menswear Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Oversaw mens department. Up until management change, there was a lot of freedom, respect and advancement. Under this stlye of management, the company did well. When management changed, culture shifted to a negative, non-cohesive, and favoritism oriented environment. Sales slumped significantly shortly thereafter.

Human resources is not qualified to be a part of such a huge company and causes more problems with the staff than they solve.

Compensation used to be highly competitive but as management is no longer capable of driving sales, the focus has become cutting costs. They achieve this by promoting within people who are widely under-experienced but are the typical "Yes-men" (and women).

The experience there can be summarized in a recently promoted corporate employee who stated to his audience "I do not want to hear negative feedback. Everything I tell you is right."

STAY AWAY!!
Pros
Pros are gone
Cons
Terrible upper management in USA, pay and resource cuts, unprofessional environment focusing on who the Director favors (for ALWAYS QUESTIONABLE reasons), not who can do what's best for the company.
Worst place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 8, 2015
This is the worst place to work for. I worked for the company for over a year and when I first started it, I loved it and was excited. But towards the end I hated it. People here are racist and pick their favorites and by this I mean the managers. The store manager at my location hated me for no reason at all and my coworkers noticed it as well. She was part of the reason why I had to leave the compamy. Having someone pick on you everyday or say little comments to get on your nerves and also accuse you of stealing is pretty annoying. This company promots people to their level of incompitance, I would know because I've seen it happen many of times. I wouldn't recommended working for them because you'll just have to deal with a lot of unprofessional individuals.
Pros
Shaded commission
Cons
Everything else
Not a nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 7, 2016
somedays i was the only one in the entire department and the coverage on the floor was not good. One person had to be doing 3 positions at the same time. Management is terrible. Everyday they were changing schedules and telling people not to go to work even though we needed people to work. Co-workers were okay but nobody worked as a team.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
low staff
Typical retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2016
Going to school and having this location nearby was convenient. Had to get out out once I graduated. Managers come and go, some are nice and work hard, some are nice and don't work hard, etc.
Pros
Free work uniform that can be used outside of work unless mutilated at work
Cons
Corporate drama that trickles into stores
Productive, fast paced, interactive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYJuly 21, 2016
Lots of multitasking, running around, which is good for me. It's a very active job constantly on your feet. Never a dull moment. Management is always present and ready to help.
Pros
Long lunches, time goes fast, busy.
Cons
On feet all day can be tiring and aching.
Lots of potential for growth
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 20, 2016
Fast pace work environment
good room for growth
4 weeks vacation per year
good health benefits
often long work days
exposure to cooperate teams
good environment and fun place to work for.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 15, 2016
fun place and challenging task. i had the honor to work for a place full of esxcitment and diferent changes every month. great opportunity for any age looking to work for customer service.
an okay part-time job.
Stock Associate/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
the job is okay. typical retail. rude costumers with stuck up attitudes and management that takes in all the nonsense from the costumer. fun people to work with around how ever and scheduling is flexible.
Fun work place.
Zara - Kids Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2015
At Zara it can be fun and stressful at times for managers. The work load is very demanding. The people that work there make it fun. When you become a salary employer, you will basically live here
Pros
The fashion part makes it fun.
Cons
The regional managers expectations
Productive and fast pace working enviroment very friendly
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2015
A Typical day work day at Zara is always being prepared for fast pace environment, where it be the helping customers, employees our maintaining operational duties. There is always something to be accomplished.
In my experience in Zara I have learned a great deal not only about the work force but about myself. Working in this company was a great experienced it offers main opportunity for self growth within the own company as well as company is always creating ways to help their fellow employees where it be with creating a more efficient way of working or the benefit that are being developed.
Family atmosphere
Stock Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2013
Working for Zara I had learned not only about work but also life. I had started working for the company as a part time sales associate while in college. When I saw opportunity to invest in my self, I just grasp it with my both hands and started advancing myself and growing withing the company.
I learned fast that the company really values the hard work but at the same time you need to have good superiors who can recognize it. During the work experience at Zara I've learned about:
- HR within the stores
- fashion trends
- business management
- sales analysis and forecasting
- product purchasing
- Stock analysis
- logistics and distribution, etc.
The hardest part of my job is constantly following up with the store management and making sure they are fulfilling the very basic part of their job in stock control of their stores. At the same time the most enjoyable part of my job is not only we all work as professionals but we make a second family at work. Most of the store managers became my good friends.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, good health and compensation benefits
Cons
extended work hours, low salary
Fast paced environment, poor managment
Stylist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 30, 2014
Fast paced environment that will keep you busy and will make time fly by. Enjoyed my co-workers and customers. Management was poor and didn't communicate well with most of the employees. Overall, I would have to give my experience a 3 out of 5.
Pros
employee discount, hour breaks.
Cons
poor management, no health benefits.
Productive and fun place, Is a very friendly environment and a challenge. Which is needed in order to gain knowledge.
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2012
Well a typical day at work will be restpcking i the morning but if it is shipment days I will come in the morning and price and process shipment. Then I will place the merchandise where they belong. Once everything is place and clear out I will go and merchandise the whole department, changing mannequins. In the end I am responsible for selling merchandise and making sure customers are satisfied. I will have to make sure that by the end of the day my backstock was done and put away. In this company I learn how to multitask, how to deal with pressure and stay calm when a customer is being rude. My co-workers where amazing we got along very well and help each other out in every way we can. Management was different dependingon the store some where very helpful while other focus only on there department and not mines which was the Children Department. The hardest part of the job was finishing on time while helping customers out. The most enjoyablepart was dealing working with children and merchandising the department.
Pros
healthcare, benefits, long breaks
Cons
discount for employees, parking, uniforms
Amazing and warm environment with a tremendous eye for fashion!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
Although I was a temp in this position, the staff was immensely welcoming and eager to work with a new member to their team. Each person, regardless of their position offered a helping hand to make sure the transition into the position was smooth. A busy office, with tons of culture, beautiful faces and sprits. If the opportunity ever afforded itself again, I would happily work with them!
Pros
fast paced, great and welcoming environment, knowledgable staff
Cons
temporary employment, not many available positions since most employees don't leave
Productive, diverse, fun work environment
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2013
Work was demanding and strenuous, but fun. Very fast paced and constant work to be done. Enteracting with customers and always having a very diverse atmosphere.
I learned how to process shipment.
Management wasn't so great, but they were somewhat lenient in a lot of ways.
the hardest part of the job was meeting the deadlines. It was a lot of work to do with litle time to do it.
The part I enjoyed the most was being around my co-workers and being able to take charge as far as supervising others. My co-workers were all like family. We still are to this day even though most of us no longer work for the company.
Pros
working in a very good environment
Cons
management was bad
Productive and fun workplace, very diverse.
Head Cashier-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CaFebruary 13, 2013
I was able to work on the sales floors other than being at the register. My co-workers were all of different color who I got along with very well and they were very friendly. Management was good.
Pros
benefits, healthcare, bonuses