ZARA USA Inc. Employee Reviews

very productive- work life balance is not easy
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 9, 2015
Following a routine or plan
Spreading yourself in various directions to help the team.
Depending on department your manager may see that you have a life outside of work and be more caring
The hardest part is having a schedule to fit your outside of work activities and remaining focus on work when at work.
The individuals you meet, become family more than co-workers.
Pros
incentives and care for emplyees compared to other companies
Cons
work life balance
Worst place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 8, 2015
This is the worst place to work for. I worked for the company for over a year and when I first started it, I loved it and was excited. But towards the end I hated it. People here are racist and pick their favorites and by this I mean the managers. The store manager at my location hated me for no reason at all and my coworkers noticed it as well. She was part of the reason why I had to leave the compamy. Having someone pick on you everyday or say little comments to get on your nerves and also accuse you of stealing is pretty annoying. This company promots people to their level of incompitance, I would know because I've seen it happen many of times. I wouldn't recommended working for them because you'll just have to deal with a lot of unprofessional individuals.
Pros
Shaded commission
Cons
Everything else
an okay part-time job.
Stock Associate/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
the job is okay. typical retail. rude costumers with stuck up attitudes and management that takes in all the nonsense from the costumer. fun people to work with around how ever and scheduling is flexible.
Fun work place.
Zara - Kids Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2015
At Zara it can be fun and stressful at times for managers. The work load is very demanding. The people that work there make it fun. When you become a salary employer, you will basically live here
Pros
The fashion part makes it fun.
Cons
The regional managers expectations
Productive and fast pace working enviroment very friendly
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2015
A Typical day work day at Zara is always being prepared for fast pace environment, where it be the helping customers, employees our maintaining operational duties. There is always something to be accomplished.
In my experience in Zara I have learned a great deal not only about the work force but about myself. Working in this company was a great experienced it offers main opportunity for self growth within the own company as well as company is always creating ways to help their fellow employees where it be with creating a more efficient way of working or the benefit that are being developed.
Company has gone from amazing to AWFUL in 2 years
Menswear Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Oversaw mens department. Up until management change, there was a lot of freedom, respect and advancement. Under this stlye of management, the company did well. When management changed, culture shifted to a negative, non-cohesive, and favoritism oriented environment. Sales slumped significantly shortly thereafter.

Human resources is not qualified to be a part of such a huge company and causes more problems with the staff than they solve.

Compensation used to be highly competitive but as management is no longer capable of driving sales, the focus has become cutting costs. They achieve this by promoting within people who are widely under-experienced but are the typical "Yes-men" (and women).

The experience there can be summarized in a recently promoted corporate employee who stated to his audience "I do not want to hear negative feedback. Everything I tell you is right."

STAY AWAY!!
Pros
Pros are gone
Cons
Terrible upper management in USA, pay and resource cuts, unprofessional environment focusing on who the Director favors (for ALWAYS QUESTIONABLE reasons), not who can do what's best for the company.
fast paced job
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2015
constantly moving organizing stockroom
I learned how to assist costumers and give a good service to costumers.
fun a hard working coworkers
hardest part of the job was inventory
most enjoyable was working in the stockroom
Pros
managers worked with you
Cons
hard to be full time
Fast paced environment, poor managment
Stylist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 30, 2014
Fast paced environment that will keep you busy and will make time fly by. Enjoyed my co-workers and customers. Management was poor and didn't communicate well with most of the employees. Overall, I would have to give my experience a 3 out of 5.
Pros
employee discount, hour breaks.
Cons
poor management, no health benefits.
Amazing and warm environment with a tremendous eye for fashion!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2014
Although I was a temp in this position, the staff was immensely welcoming and eager to work with a new member to their team. Each person, regardless of their position offered a helping hand to make sure the transition into the position was smooth. A busy office, with tons of culture, beautiful faces and sprits. If the opportunity ever afforded itself again, I would happily work with them!
Pros
fast paced, great and welcoming environment, knowledgable staff
Cons
temporary employment, not many available positions since most employees don't leave
Sales Job - Fun place to start your working life
Greet and assist customers (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 16, 2014
Fun place to learn and grow and gain experience. Challenging environment where goals are expected to be met.
Fun environment
Head Cashier, Product Leader, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 3, 2014
I learned a lot while I worked here as I had the opportunity to wear many hats. This gave me the experience to be more hands on and report to upper management as well as the international side of the corporation. I enjoyed the fast-paced fashion world as well as learning about the merchandising side of things.
NA
Cashier/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
It was fairly nice working for the brand. The people we very nice and the customers were pleasant.
racist
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
sucks, racist, cheap.

learned not to work for another company like this
Productive work environment
Point of Sale Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 25, 2013
-Great benefits
-Good opportunities for advancement
-Constantly changing work obligations
okay workplace
pl (Current Employee) –  dcSeptember 3, 2013
moving up in this company is based solely on favortism and who you know. A typical day consists of managers not really helping you do much of anything. The team is a little bit cat-y and they feel as if they are overworked. The hardest part of the job is actually working hard and not having any one notice. The most enjoyable part is going home.
excellent
Head Cashier/ Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2013
great environment to work in. many different customers, excellent team members, flexible
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2013
Zara always had something to do every shift. Zara was very productive and a great place to learn about European fashion.
Family atmosphere
Stock Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2013
Working for Zara I had learned not only about work but also life. I had started working for the company as a part time sales associate while in college. When I saw opportunity to invest in my self, I just grasp it with my both hands and started advancing myself and growing withing the company.
I learned fast that the company really values the hard work but at the same time you need to have good superiors who can recognize it. During the work experience at Zara I've learned about:
- HR within the stores
- fashion trends
- business management
- sales analysis and forecasting
- product purchasing
- Stock analysis
- logistics and distribution, etc.
The hardest part of my job is constantly following up with the store management and making sure they are fulfilling the very basic part of their job in stock control of their stores. At the same time the most enjoyable part of my job is not only we all work as professionals but we make a second family at work. Most of the store managers became my good friends.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, good health and compensation benefits
Cons
extended work hours, low salary
Team Leader - Customer Service
Team Leader - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 8, 2013
Recognized by company for outstanding sales service and consistent leadership in reaching company goals.
Hold full responsibility for the management of day-to-day business operations and general accounting.
Encourage an employee-friendly work environment to ensure productivity and staff retention.
Observe and coach associates in sales floor techniques and customer management skills.
Productive and fun workplace, very diverse.
Head Cashier-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CaFebruary 13, 2013
I was able to work on the sales floors other than being at the register. My co-workers were all of different color who I got along with very well and they were very friendly. Management was good.
Pros
benefits, healthcare, bonuses