ZARA USA Inc. Employee Reviews

Overall Summary
STOCKROOM SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2017
Although Zara may be an excellent stepping stone for basis training in retail, there are other things to keep in mind. Management is not well trained, under staffing over often, I sufficient training in everyday aspects of the job aren't performed. In all this not the greatest retail store to work for.
Come to Zara if you want to be bullied by Corporate
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2017
Zara is a great a company in terms of product and how they integrate the technology in their everyday tasks.

Corporate team will bully and make everyone's life miserable. There is no recognition of improvement and they will always find something to diminish you instead of elevate your spirit.

Men's Commercial Manager in DC Area will harass everyone in the store with passive aggressive attitudes to the point of break everyone's mental health. Reporting this to the country HR Manager will be loosing your time because she doesn't care about people either.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Corporate management
Unorganized
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 14, 2017
The company is quick to hire new employees with little to no training. Managers lack communication skills and virtually do as the please. Associates a highly irresponsible
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Hours, pay etc
a good source of income but can be a stressful environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  zaraSeptember 12, 2017
ZARA truly compensates their workers well but it is a stressful environment. With managers ranging from lazy to some using their position to talk down to you it shows the bad sides of retail.
A typical day at work
Sales Associate/Stock Associate, Retail (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Going to work at Zara use to be one of my favorite things to do. The workers are very loving we treat each other as family. Some of the Managers are very caring for their employees. Each day we have a goal to reach. If as a team we meet the goal every employee gets a bonus on their checks. Besides having to go to work 4am i actually loved working with the company and loved my position that was giving to me.
Fashionable, Fast-paced environement
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 9, 2017
This was a good company to gain knowledge on product and procedures in a retail environment. On a typical day we would take items from the sales-floor and place them back on the self in an attempt to keep an organized stockroom.
Pros
Great place to gain experience and knowledge on the retail environment.
Cons
Poor benefits, Biased management.
managers
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2017
didnt like the managers more liked my co workers expect one who kept trying to give orders as if he was a boss , managers were phony didnt seem to like anyone but there kind
Ambiente de trabajo sencillo pero no motivacional
Sales and Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
Es difícil describir de una manera positiva a un trabajo donde no valora el talento humano y menosprecia el potencial de cada empleado. Sin duda Inditex es una gran empresa a nivel internacional pero sigue teniendo deficiencias en el área del personal.
Pros
es sencillo trabajar en la compañia
Cons
Favoritismo y racismo
Customer service oriented
Management/Senior Management (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
As a company the opportunity for growth is as mentioned in all their campaign, Strongly customer service and task oriented. Employees get a 25% discount and usually and only once a year a ZARA gift card to spend within the store to all employees is provided.
Pros
Free clothing allowance to managers twice a year, employee discount and top benefits.
Cons
extremely task oriented and poor communication amongst the store and corporate teams.
Know what you are looking for...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 6, 2017
Working at ZARA was amazing. I loved what I did and the staff that worked with. The job culture itself was rewarding and I adored my customers. We had fun on a daily basis and I looked forward to going to work each day in the beginning.
The problem that I had was with management and human resources. They were very calculated and uncompromising. If you weren't "like them" or didn't kiss up, you were pushed out somehow. It was hard being a part of a team that was always out to get each other.
fast past little to no down time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 4, 2017
Fast paced environment with little to no down time. Down time is usually when the store first opens and is about to close. with the location I was at we attracted many customers from out the country. Everyday I enjoyed meeting someone new everyday. I learned how to deal with people who did not speak the same as me. I had to learn how to understand and communicate with them with making them feel uncomfortable. The hardest part of this job was replenishment during peak hours.
Pros
discounts, hour lunch breaks, 15 min paid break during the day
Cons
Many of the benifits were only for full time employees.
Fast paced work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10103August 2, 2017
The typical work day includes helping customers find sizing in clothes and finding the perfect outfit for many occasions. Time usually passes by very quickly because being a sale associate requires you to multitask throughout the shift. I learned that your availability is key to upward mobility in the company. showing up to work on time and in uniform is also a major key. The hardest thing about working here is having an outside life. The shifts even for part time employees last on average 7-10 hours. The most enjoyable thing about the job is the different people you meet.
Pros
discount, pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
customers attitudes, no paid vacation, favoritism
Depends on the store..
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 8, 2017
Wonderful company to work for, but that strongly depends on the location you are at. Underpaid and over worked with little support or feedback. At times, unrealistic expectations from corporate.
Learning Experience
Mens Department Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2017
I learned a lot working with Zara. I had the opportunity to work as a stock associate, cashier, sales associate and mens store manager.
A typical day at work for me was to load the registers in the morning, restock the floor and replace any sold out product. After I would then gather the team for the morning meaning, where we would talk about company values and do team building activities.
Once the store is open, we focus on customer service. Throughout the day it was my responsibility to send my team on break, give the run down and plan for the day, and ensure that the daily goal was met.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
High Demands with limited resources
Tons of work to do, not for everyone.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 26, 2017
Be prepared to work, do not fluff your resume or will show in your work, at times even your training. Company has been the most enjoyable than priors.
Pros
pay, upward mobility, technological driven
Cons
corp. communication
Productive, fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
Good place to work. Fast paced
Possibilities of growing in the company
Commissions
Management on top of things
Easy to work in there
Training
Benefits
Pros
Great environment, good pay
Ok Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2017
ust like any other retail job. They do provide you with a uniform that's normally really nice. They make you leave as a team. And has great sales too .
Great place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2017
Zara is a great store. It's been getting more popular each day when it comes to fashion. They have a variety of styles.
Working for Zara requires a lot of patience and energy. It;s a very fast-paced store and it could workload could heavy when demanded by management.
Pros
pay, lunch-breaks, 401k, discounts
Cons
customers
Positions pay well
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 31, 2017
The treatment varies in location& Theybdont work with your schedule outside of work and honestly If you go to school find another job that's more flexible
Pros
The salary
Cons
The management
Not a fun place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 22, 2017
Decent pay for a retail store. After a few shifts, you'll notice management is unorganized. Most of the people in management positions don't have manager traits. Very immature. Sometimes you will feel like a slave, because they will over work you. Understaffed on purpose. You will not leave at the time you are scheduled to because they will need you due to being understaffed. I would be scheduled to leave at 8pm. and wouldn't leave until 11pm because someone called out. Just very unorganized stores. Only good thing is the corporate level.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA USA Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9