Zara

Zara United States Employee Reviews

Awesome company with great regard to quality of life for Managers and Associates.
General Manager/Women's Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2015
Pros: One of the best run companies I have worked for!
Cons: Need more locations in the US.
Amazing 3 month training program for new Managers outside of your home store. Great communication with District Manager and Corporate office in New York and Warehouse in Spain.
Great place to meet people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great Fashion forward company at affordable price
Cons: Coworkers aren't very happy
Meeting customers all day and finding out what their needs are can be rewarding especially if that is your forte.

The most enjoyable part was meeting a psychic and going out for drinks after a few weeks as well as forming semi-lasting relationships. It's a business of meeting friends!
working
Cashier (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 15, 2015
zara is a good company the pay is great for young teens, however they expect A LOT from you. Management is very strict. Expect to be on your feet for a long amount of hours. The commission is okay. Expect to always get a call to come in for a earlier shift or extra days.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), SoHo, NYApril 6, 2015
The store is always busy, it very hard to clean up when everyone is asking you for a size but its fun working here you get to meet famous people and great co workers
excellent benefits
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: corporate
loss prevention part was very stressful especially not getting any support from corporate even though the theft was proven to be external and has repeat shoplifters resulting to an unsafe working environment.

zara usa corporate in general has a lot of rude and unprofessional employees i.e regional directors/positions, human resources, and loss prevention.

the benefits were excellent: 4weeks vacation, personal/sick days, health benefits, 401k plan, free outfits every season(manager).
very fast past and fun environment
Shoe Coordinator/ Product leader (Current Employee), Wayne, NJMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work consists of me restocking inventory, being a shoe coordinator i have to look at the daily reports and rankings for shoes.
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: work and life balance
Great company to work for and gain experience great co workers who became family and management was always great good products
Good company for first job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for growth from within, friendly coworkers, great management
Cons: Small discount, long hours, varying schedules
There are always opportunities for growth within the company. There are also chances to transfer between locations if need be. I would suggest this company to anyone looking to find a first job.
Fast paced, and friendly environment.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: late hours
Because it was a fast paced environment i really learned how to multitask, and prioritize my tasks. There is always something to do, which keeps it interesting. Management is always super helpful, and is always there to help you grow and learn more about the company.
Productive,great training
Runner (Former Employee), sherman oaks CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great 1 hour lunches, love the uniforms, great co-workers
Cons: very busy, at times overwhelming, very challenging, fast paced
Very welcoming,friendly happy environment, great managment, hardest part of the job is making sure tables and walls are organized. most enjoyable part was making customers happy,
Enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), houston/txMarch 3, 2015
In this store i learned how to deal with constumers every day. Moreover, this job prepermed me for my next job because i learned how to traet pleople, and be multi-tasking. Zara is a workplace which is a mix of cultures.
Needs better structure
Cashier (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: christmas gift cards, uniforms
Cons: bad management, a lot of favoritism
When I first started with the company, I enjoyed it. I learned a lot of new things, dealt with a lot of different people and gained a lot of knowledge on the way people act in a retail store. Although, the management needs a lot of improvement, I feel like they need an entire new staff with more experience. There is no structure whatsoever and makes the workplace very frustrating to work at. Due to the bad management, a lot of people quit within a short period of time. I gained a lot of experience here, and have grown as a person on my own, not by the people who are above me.
Hard Working
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: rude managers
A typical day at work is helping customers find items they would like in the store or giving them opinions on fashion style. Some other duties include keeping the store clean and organized and as well as helping other co- workers.
great pay- bad employee value
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
you had to stay in your section or you'd get yelled at, even if you were helping a customer. I learned how to do inventory, multitask and keep friendly face with all the work stress. when you first start people talk about how slow you work and the stock girls usually don't like you. they pay so well but the environment was extremely stressful for so many girls. of course you make friends, but most times its better to keep everything professional. my manager used to stare up and down girls all the time. very sad..
This job was my second home.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: met new friends that i still communicate with from time to time.
Cons: no healthcare.
Working for Zara was fun and exciting. Everyone was so kind, and I got along with everyone. The management team was amazing, they had strict rules but it wasn't that bad if you did what you had to do. Very nice place to work.
Good hours for part-timers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Puerto RicoFebruary 5, 2015
Is a very fast environment, highly pressure work, good hours for part-timers. A lot of work, multitasking is a must, and be very customer friendly.
Airline crew mentality and functionality is unique. Great company, benefits, lifestyle, stock ownership, flying privileges etc.
Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: first class anywhere for you and your companion, friends! meeting amazing people, representing the respectable brand of traveling domestically and arguably international as well.
Cons: lack of sleep, jet lag, family, physical conditions. mentally distraught with time zones in a constant compressed series of time.
It is more of a question of the lifestyle rather than the company that I believe would be too personally inclined to reflect from emotion rather than corporate, which is not just.
Amazing experience, some people prefer their feet on the ground. In addition, as a sole Dutch translator and a limited amount of certified Dutch FAA accredited speakers, a group of nationally 40 roughly led me to only consistently fly that route each schedule.
Enjoyable yet growth is stagnant
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJanuary 20, 2015
I have been at the Zara Perimeter location for over 2 years. The job title that I was given was a Sales Associate; but that consists of you doing tasks ranging from stock organization to managing the cash register. I did it all. Overall experience was great, if you are into fashion and keen to world trends. Only word of advice is if you are looking for a full time position, do not bother. They only offer part-positions unless you are higher in the ranks...no growth really but a good platform/ resume builder.
NICE FASHION PLACE
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Some of my key skills that are relevant to this opportunity include:
•over 8 years professional experience in an administrative capacity providing support and assistance to both a single department and multiple individuals throughout the company in Spain.
•in-depth experience in data management, research, report writing, developing presentations, drafting correspondence, organizing meetings and travel, new employees training, event management and customer service.
• a comprehensive working knowledge of various computer applications including MS Word, Excel.
•an independent worker with a reputation as a resourceful problem-solver who uses her initiative and organizational skills to get the job done.
•regarded as a competent team member who is always prepared to go the extra mile
• proven ability to remain focused and self-directed in a fast paced work environment while dealing with conflicting demands
zara
Customer Service (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2015
Zara was ok. The hours were shaky for me because I don't drive so leaving Georgetown 11 or 12 at night was difficult but I met great people there and had great experience

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more

Zara Salaries