ZARA Employee Reviews

fun place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 22, 2017
gave me many hours and was a professional environment
the training was the best training I received from all the places I have worked at before. Really enjoyed this job.
Every experience is different.
Cashier lead/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  1963 broadway, 10023June 22, 2017
A typical day at work for me was a bit repetitive because a cashier for the most part just stands at his/her register for his/her whole shift unless given a small task of some sort. A lot of muscle memory was involved as well as a full 8 hours of greeting and customer service.

I learned a lot from Zara, my speech edicate and interpersonal skills have improved immensely since starting there. Also how to deal with systematic problems and how to resolve them under the pressure of constant lines and complaints. Ive learned how to defuse situations professionally and give the consumer the best customer service experience regardless of inconveniencing situations.

management is hit or miss. There are amazing managers and some who just go under the radar.

Workplace culture is hispanic dominant but is very diverse in the employees ethnic back rounds.

The hardest part of the job is the work hours. Retail in general tends to consume almost all of your time. Any free time you have is usually used to relax and prepare for the following work day.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me would have to be is the close friends you make while working there. Zara tends to bond very tight knit relationships.
Pros
Group Commission
Cons
Call outs are a problem and if your working that day of a call out, your day will be very stressful as you have to pick up their slack and push back breaks etc.
Fun and flexible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint-PetersburgJune 20, 2017
great people and atmosphere, due to stude it become hard to work, but the team was great, manegers try to find the way most comfortable time for work for me
Product coordinator
Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
merchandise the items according to the plan-o-gram and stock inventory. I learned a lot from the coordination team on how the business was ran but did not care for its management style. there wasn't any real room for growth at that particular store and no real job culture there. I loved coordinating the merchandise to be more appealing and working with a small group of people.
productive and fun job environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
- a typical day at this job was busy
- I learned how to help parents to find an outfit for their children
-everybody was helpful
-the hardest part for me was to talk with my other coworkers using a walkie talkie
-the most enjoyable part was to see kids everyday
stressful
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
It was a stressful job but i learned a lot about customer service.Management was unfair most of the time.The hardest part of the job was working with the mangers , they will be very unfair.
sales representative
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 13, 2017
I was a sales representative I had to greet costumers and meet costumers needs, I moved around a lot, I helped with sizes and helped costumers find what they were looking for and make the sale happen made them feel good and comfortable with what they bought so they can leave the store satisfy. occasionally I was at the register and ringing the costumers if not I was on the floor folding the clothes and making the store look nice and at the same time talking to people, it was important to multitask. I also did some days at the fitting room make sure it was always clean nothing in the floor, and had to always be aware no one took any of the merchandise with them without paying for it. ZARA was a great place to work for great managers, and good coworkers, but I found a better opportunity.
Pros
good commision good place
Experience
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
Its a good company to work for but I outgrew my position meaning being in stock wasn't for me they pay pretty well its good for people who are in school because of the flexible schedules
fake & friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 7, 2017
all employees greet & say hi to one another except for management. you have to speak to them first it seems.
its diverse but to be promoted you have to speak another language.
but the best part of the job was the clothes.
Pros
discounts
Cons
favoritism
Fast paced and intense
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NY 10994June 6, 2017
Working at Zara requires a lot of stocking and prepping the sales floor. If you do not like moving fast and being on your feet all day then this job is not for you.
Pros
discount on items
Cons
stock room is hectic
fun and sometimes stressfull
plus internet sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 6, 2017
being that we were a customer service based company dealing with only Canadian parties. it was fun learning about them, their different type of french and ways of handling things.
Zara
Shoe Department Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
working at Zara Inc. i built great customer service skills and how to work within a team setting. I was given the opportunity to lead a small group within my department and set daily goals which we always exceeded.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
Revolving staff
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2017
Maintained knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges and security practices. Completed all cleaning, stocking and organizing tasks in assigned sales area. Contributed to team success by exceeding team sales goals by 45%.
Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems on the spot.
Enjoyed it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJune 5, 2017
Every job has its ups and downs, especially in a retail company. But when you have a communicative and fun team, the job gets done well. Zara gave me a foundation.
Pros
great clothes
Cons
overwhelming costumers
Work life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 4, 2017
The store was very big our department always had to be perfect so it was a great learning experience and people came from all over the world to shop there so it was nice meeting people
Pros
Made a lot of money
Cons
Short break and mean managers
An amazing place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 3, 2017
ZARA was everything and more that you would expect working in retail, fashion industry. Everyday day was exciting and fun. The ability to build clientele was a great experience. I loved working here, never a dull moment.
Stressful job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 3, 2017
A typical day at work is stressful and the hardest part of the job is be whatever the managers want but they do not appreciate your capacity to do it.
Zara: sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 2, 2017
typical day is what any sales associate would normally do,25's, help customers etcetc..employees are fun, caring and kind its a small store so we close knitted. management sucks. the hardest part of the job is when the store is understaffed and you have to be going from department to department to help out which can be really hectic.
Pros
inside promotion is considered first, discount
Cons
mostly hire PT workers
unorganized
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
the entire company is unorganized including corporate. no place for advancement. not appreciated. fair discount. managers do not take criticism well. stressful
Be ready to WORK !
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 30, 2017
Zara is a great and friendly environment for anyone starting in the fashion industry. If you truly want to work hard and give it your all, there are plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZARA. Our community is ready to answer.