Zara

Zara Employer Reviews

Good company for first job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for growth from within, friendly coworkers, great management
Cons: Small discount, long hours, varying schedules
There are always opportunities for growth within the company. There are also chances to transfer between locations if need be. I would suggest this company to anyone looking to find a first job.
Fast paced, and friendly environment.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: late hours
Because it was a fast paced environment i really learned how to multitask, and prioritize my tasks. There is always something to do, which keeps it interesting. Management is always super helpful, and is always there to help you grow and learn more about the company.
Productive,great training
Runner (Former Employee), sherman oaks CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great 1 hour lunches, love the uniforms, great co-workers
Cons: very busy, at times overwhelming, very challenging, fast paced
Very welcoming,friendly happy environment, great managment, hardest part of the job is making sure tables and walls are organized. most enjoyable part was making customers happy,
Enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), houston/txMarch 3, 2015
In this store i learned how to deal with constumers every day. Moreover, this job prepermed me for my next job because i learned how to traet pleople, and be multi-tasking. Zara is a workplace which is a mix of cultures.
Needs better structure
Cashier (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: christmas gift cards, uniforms
Cons: bad management, a lot of favoritism
When I first started with the company, I enjoyed it. I learned a lot of new things, dealt with a lot of different people and gained a lot of knowledge on the way people act in a retail store. Although, the management needs a lot of improvement, I feel like they need an entire new staff with more experience. There is no structure whatsoever and makes the workplace very frustrating to work at. Due to the bad management, a lot of people quit within a short period of time. I gained a lot of experience here, and have grown as a person on my own, not by the people who are above me.
Hard Working
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: rude managers
A typical day at work is helping customers find items they would like in the store or giving them opinions on fashion style. Some other duties include keeping the store clean and organized and as well as helping other co- workers.
great pay- bad employee value
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
you had to stay in your section or you'd get yelled at, even if you were helping a customer. I learned how to do inventory, multitask and keep friendly face with all the work stress. when you first start people talk about how slow you work and the stock girls usually don't like you. they pay so well but the environment was extremely stressful for so many girls. of course you make friends, but most times its better to keep everything professional. my manager used to stare up and down girls all the time. very sad..
This job was my second home.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: met new friends that i still communicate with from time to time.
Cons: no healthcare.
Working for Zara was fun and exciting. Everyone was so kind, and I got along with everyone. The management team was amazing, they had strict rules but it wasn't that bad if you did what you had to do. Very nice place to work.
Good hours for part-timers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Puerto RicoFebruary 5, 2015
Is a very fast environment, highly pressure work, good hours for part-timers. A lot of work, multitasking is a must, and be very customer friendly.
Airline crew mentality and functionality is unique. Great company, benefits, lifestyle, stock ownership, flying privileges etc.
Manager (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: first class anywhere for you and your companion, friends! meeting amazing people, representing the respectable brand of traveling domestically and arguably international as well.
Cons: lack of sleep, jet lag, family, physical conditions. mentally distraught with time zones in a constant compressed series of time.
It is more of a question of the lifestyle rather than the company that I believe would be too personally inclined to reflect from emotion rather than corporate, which is not just.
Amazing experience, some people prefer their feet on the ground. In addition, as a sole Dutch translator and a limited amount of certified Dutch FAA accredited speakers, a group of nationally 40 roughly led me to only consistently fly that route each schedule.
Enjoyable yet growth is stagnant
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJanuary 20, 2015
I have been at the Zara Perimeter location for over 2 years. The job title that I was given was a Sales Associate; but that consists of you doing tasks ranging from stock organization to managing the cash register. I did it all. Overall experience was great, if you are into fashion and keen to world trends. Only word of advice is if you are looking for a full time position, do not bother. They only offer part-positions unless you are higher in the ranks...no growth really but a good platform/ resume builder.
NICE FASHION PLACE
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Some of my key skills that are relevant to this opportunity include:
•over 8 years professional experience in an administrative capacity providing support and assistance to both a single department and multiple individuals throughout the company in Spain.
•in-depth experience in data management, research, report writing, developing presentations, drafting correspondence, organizing meetings and travel, new employees training, event management and customer service.
• a comprehensive working knowledge of various computer applications including MS Word, Excel.
•an independent worker with a reputation as a resourceful problem-solver who uses her initiative and organizational skills to get the job done.
•regarded as a competent team member who is always prepared to go the extra mile
• proven ability to remain focused and self-directed in a fast paced work environment while dealing with conflicting demands
zara
Customer Service (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2015
Zara was ok. The hours were shaky for me because I don't drive so leaving Georgetown 11 or 12 at night was difficult but I met great people there and had great experience
not a bad place
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Natick, MADecember 31, 2014
its a spanish own clothing company, our flagship store is in nyc, my bosses in nyc were simply amazing, even in my store, we were all like a lil family. i did a lot of sales on the mens and womans departments, oversaw the cashiers. my coworkers well i was one of the few americans working there, lots of different work ethics and lot of them were pretty lazy. hardest part was prob just not my managers having my back when i was trying to teach my employees correct ways of doing things and my bosses just letting them do it however way. most enjoyable was the clothes we sold, and all my amazing customers that i still keep in contact with.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Roosevelt, NYDecember 11, 2014
Okay co-workers and good management. The hardest part of the job is finding more things to do on a slow work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully assisting customers.
Productive, great energy, always psostive, and fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: loved the environment, hour lunch
I would come in early and start fill up, stay in my assigned area, always busy, helping costumers, fixing. I loved helping costumers and meeting new people from all over the world. Creating relationships as far as having loyal costumers return and ask for me specifically. The hardest and enjoyable part of the job in a positive way was multitasking on very busy days even holidays and making sure each costumer I attended was satisfied it was a challenge but fun and I loved it!
I have work as a sale associate, computers, cashier, stock team and also organizing the stores.
Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long shifts
Always on time for work, always prepare for work with my uniform from head to toe. Greetings with a smile and also asking the customers how you doing and if everything was alright. Making sure all the money is counted and if everything is good to go. Helping out each other on the floor or anywhere.
I loved working here
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2014
I was a cashier here. I loved this job. I loved all of my co-workers (majority of the staff hung out on and off the clock), pay was better than most retail store. Corporate is a little slow and could care less about entry level. After i did my evaluation 3 months go by and i never recieved my pay raise. i quit before i could ever receive it. Some people had to wait almost a year to see it. Macromanagement with an international store is not the smartest thing in the world. Culture, Norm, People change from region to region. my location winter is a little bit later than the typical winter, so when it is 30 degrees all we have in stock is tank tops and shorts because "winter season is over"
productive, high energy and friendly environment
sales associate (Former Employee), 580 Broadway New York, NYNovember 15, 2014
Everyday there was a goal to be reached, customers to be assisted, and merchandise to be organized, I've learned to provide customers with all they need while keeping a smile, management is always helpful and hardworking definitely inspired me to work harder, the best support came from all my co-workers they are a great team, the hard moments were keeping the store fully organized on busy days but, it all pays off when the customers are leaving satisfied.
Great place to gain product knowledge
Zara - Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good salary, nice location
Cons: high employee turn over
My responsibilities at Zara was managing one of our stores located in an area of the city with high traffic mostly from tourist. During my time there I learned so much about not only managing a business but also people. I was conducting weekly interviews and acting as HR while our HR manager was away on maternity leave. This company has one of the highest turn overs in terms of product flow. Our business flourished on high amounts of foot traffic, promotional events, and sale merchandise. The product sold itself however, coming up with strategies for events and finding innovative ways to drive sales was a big challange at times.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zara

Zara is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Arteixo, Galicia, and founded in 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalía – Read more

Zara Salaries