Zara Employee Reviews in United States

very productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
Zara is a company that is full of diversity. There is a lot of room for growth for everyone. Managers and employees are extremely friendly.
Great Co-Workers, Nice GM, great employee discount
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2016
I have been working at Zara for approximately 8 months. I don't have many complaints but I would like more steady hours. My co-workers are great.
Pros
Co-workers, employee discount, nice clothes
Extremely unorganized and very fast pased
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 3, 2016
It pays slightly more than a regular retails store, and has a slight global commission with each paycheck. The management is rude and does not spend enough time with you
Pros
long shifts
Quality Clothes, Awesome Shoppers
Women's and Basic Visual Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2016
A typical work day consists of maintaining the store appearance, making sure all customers are finding what they're looking for, All face-outs are in order as well as size layouts. At this company I learned what customer service should truly be. The most enjoyable part of this company is talking with your guests. Getting to know them just a bit more than they expected.
Cons
Customer service is extremely poor from both managers and associates
Challenging yet fun work place!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 27, 2016
This was one of my favorite experiences in retail, ever. From the coworkers, to the shoppers it was some of the most growingl, times of my life.
Pros
Great staff and work place.
Cons
Sometimes disorganized or unprofessional.
Excellent Job Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 26, 2016
Zara is fast track job, you are always in movement
Disciplined atmosphere, the store always had to be and look clean for the customers. Excellent storage techniques and the distribution of merchandise around the store.
Pros
Learn excellent storage techniques and store distribution of mechandise
Cons
Job advancement
normal work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2016
i like this job because I am people person I love to help customer and all my co- workers were very kind, nothing hard in this job and the most enjoyable part that you work with team
I was happy with my job i worked and supervised the stock room
Kid's Stock supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
The company offered many opportunities and the enviorment was fast paced and had great energy. There was a great structure and great training.
One of the best retail stores to work for!
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
Zara was a great place to work at. As long as you worked hard, abide by the rules and create a great working atmosphere, you wont have a problem. A typical day at work is basically helping each other with productivity and giving the customer the best experience they can have at Zara. I learned that it is possible for managers and employees CAN work together without egos and power trips which is very important because we all work for the same company. The management and co-workers made working at Zara even 10x better. The managers care about your growth with the company and most of the co-workers go above and beyond to help each other. The hardest part of the job for me was the 5 am shifts simply because I'm not a morning person but that's about it. The most enjoyable part was the teamwork we committed to because in the end that made everything run smoothly in the store.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible hours
Cons
Mandatory 5 am shifts if you worked in stock
Productive work place very friendly family oriented. great benefits once hired you can make your work schedule how you decide works for you
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2016
Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at work is never typical, the work place can be slow and you will still have lots of work to do. I have learned how to communicate with others, send out transfers between stores, do inventory, etc. The best part of the job is working with others. The management however can be more efficient but overall it was a good job.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  34th st, New York, NYJune 25, 2016
Zara was a great company to work for. the work place culture wasn't as nice as I would prefer it to be. I was hired during Sale, it got pretty hectic. I was only there a short amount of time because i decided to go back to school and pursue my bachelors.
Zara
Visual Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2016
A day to day working at Zara is pretty fast paced. The work isn't hard, but sometimes feel you are doing the something over and over again. Great Company to work for !
Fashion help
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me either being on the sales floor or in the fitting room. With both, I had to help customers with clothes and keep the work space tidy. I learned how to be patient with management and customers. My co workers were awesome, always helping one another. The hardest part was trying to close on time on a busy day. The most enjoyable was being around cute clothes.
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2016
Awesome first retail job. Intidex trained me before the store even opened and crossed trained me to do all jobs in the store.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Horrible place to work at!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2016
I worked for Zara for over two years. My last position was "Visual Merchandiser" for shoes and bags and it was very demanding. If you are studying, as I"m doing, do not apply for a full time position at this retail store.
Worst store manager & assistant managers ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 10, 2016
..When I use to work for this company
I thought it was going to be a great experience.
But I didn't know
I'd be HARASSED,
BULLIED,
DISCRIMINATED
& RETALIATED against
The store manager was the leader of the pack
The rest of the assistants in the departments followed her.

My experience there was HORRIBLE
The management is so CRUEL.

People come & go because of how the management treats them there. Not only do they treat there employees bad but they treat their own customers just as bad .

They have a big sign in the break room that says gender equality
But they should take it down cause that is a LIE.

The ONLY positive was meeting & helping new or frequent customers.
As well as meeting some nice coworkers
First time for retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 26, 2016
This was my first time working a retail job. It was very hard on my feet at first but eventually got used to it. Management was very unhelpful and understand if life situations. Very turned off by that
Fun retail job
S Las Vegas Blvd 89109 - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2016
Great Place to work for Fashion Lovers
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 24, 2016
Great Company when you love fashion. Managers are expected to work 50+ hours. Great vacation package. Discount not as good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zara. Our community is ready to answer.