As Front-End Developer, you'll be responsible for building and implementing an amazing web experience on charitywater.org and our other entities. You’ll work closely with the Web Designer to create beautiful, semantic code, ensuring each pixel is in the right place, and you'll work with back-end Software Developers to bring your code to life.
- Write elegant, semantic front-end code.
- Use the latest web standards such as HTML5 and CSS3 to convert static design into a graceful user experience.
- Wear a few different hats: your primary responsibility will be creating front-end code, but sometimes you'll also act as your own QA tester, and other times you'll help your team craft the user experience.
- Experience in hand-coding XHTML pages.
- Extensive knowledge of CSS.
- Several years of commercial development experience.
You've got a passion for beautiful code
You don't just “cut things up” -- you translate design into a brilliant user experience and you're not satisfied until it looks pixel-perfect. You're passionate about writing logical, well-structured code that's easy to navigate. You don't consider a project done until it works in IE. You test your code on multiple browsers at all times and know how to iron out the kinks.
You're a self-motivator
You see something that can be improved, and you don't wait for permission to fix it. You have a strong desire to take charitywater.org to a world-class design standard.
You hold your weight on a small team that handles a lot
We're a small and efficient staff of a couple dozen people; because of our size, every person plays an essential role in the organization. You'll work closely with a small team: one Web Designer and two or three Software Developers.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.