ZAXBY'S RESTAURANT

ZAXBY'S RESTAURANT Employer Reviews

Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 29, 2014
• Provided customer service and assisted customers in locating foods; operated cash register for food purchases and handling monetary exchanges; trained newly hired staff; assist in other areas of store, such as clean up, shelf-stocking, or keeping merchandise displayed in an orderly manner
Exciting and busy work environment, learned something new everyday
Cashier (Former Employee), San Jose and Marbon Rd. 32223May 3, 2014
Pros: exciting work environment and great managers
Cons: low pay
I loved working for Zaxby's Restaurant. The other employees and managers were great to work with. I learned a lot about proper food preparation and storage and gained even more experience in customer service. The hardest part of the job was when other's didn't follow through with their responsibilities, but that was always a quick fix by jumping in – more... and doing it myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in customer service, meeting new people everyday. – less
A Bad Day Waiting to Happen
Back of House Associate (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMarch 25, 2014
Cons: no free lunches, bosses attempt to make you pay for and do more than you should, high turnover rate.
Simply put, I was asked to fake results on food sanitation and safety tables (where you check if the food could still be served...), and got in trouble for doing it properly. I did not like this job one bit, and I was incredibly disappointed when my report to the Department of Labor did not go through as it should have.
Great career for high school / college students.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Grayson, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: 50% off $9 or less on days you work, 25% off $9 or less on off days. that is it!
Cons: certain items will not be discounted, health care is for managers only.
A typical day at work for me, As the store doors are opened, I am greeted by new and repeat customers that I know by name. They are coming in for lunch knowing they will receive the best service in city and state. (Accuracy of order, speed of service, greeted with E.G.G. experienced cashier)
Typical skills learned would be; as FOH cashier the importance – more... of how to treat customers and co-workers will effect the smooth sale of the shift you work. Drive-thru, also cashier, how to seriously multi-task and be accurate in taking the order as well as double check orders before handing out.
***********************************************************************
Multi-task, Multi-task, Multi-task!
***********************************************************************
The hardest part of my job, because of the age difference and because I was an ex manager in a cashier's position, after 8 years employment in the same company, was to maintain as a cashier and keep my opinion to myself of the M.I.T.s (manager's in training) and employees who were bringing down the integrity of the store and seeing nothing was being done to correct/deal with it.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers I would meet/see everyday! I met people who were passing through from state to state, or country. My return customers I knew by name and they made my day. I also enjoyed the capability to turn an upset or unhappy person-- happy.
Seeing their frown turn into a smile!
This told me I accomplished something wonderful!!! – less
Zaxbys
Cook (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 4, 2014
Received very few hours
Pay was low
Learned more about sanitation
Co workers were great
Hardest part of the job was closing
Fun Franchise/Corporate business
Ast Gen Manager/Ast Op Training Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 20, 2014
I worked within a franchise, so my view on Zaxby's from what I worked would be a little different from what was told to me in Athens, and what I have seen in corporate owned stores, to what I actually worked. So I would rather not give a review based on that.
Good place
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Perry, GAJanuary 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job are the regular customers that come in, you learn their order and you also learn something about that person.
I loved the food here.
Cook (Former Employee), Florence, SCDecember 18, 2013
I had coupons for weeks, too much of this food and I would have gained some pounds.
Worst Job ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 10, 2013
Cons: to many to pin point one!
No one worked well together. I don't know what was the problem with everyone. I was happy, and had no problems with anyone.
Productive and fun Workplace.
Cashier (Shift Team Lead) (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2013
Zaxby's is a wonderful place to work. It is very team oriented and excited job to be apart of. The management is great and everyone there is wonderful.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJune 28, 2013
Pros: discount on food, family oriented
Cons: no direct deposit
took customers orders, expedited orders, cleaned lobby, took out trash, washed dishes, prep food for next day or shift
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
Restaurant Cleaner (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJune 26, 2013
A typical day at work, at first is calm, then comes the lunch rush hour,customers are hungry and want to be on time back to ther jobs.My attitude is great ,with a smile my crew and myself are assertive fast and the day is great.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowin that every customer who entered the resturant will sure to come back every time.
It is what you make it.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 29, 2013
Pros: sometimes we get free lunches
Cons: short breaks
This job was alright for my first experience working a job. I have nothing negative to say about Zaxby's. I'm glad for having the opportunity to work there for the time I worked there.
zaxbys
Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee), McDonough, GAMay 8, 2013
My first job, this was a decent company to work for in high school pay was not much. Good experience and fun times
cook
Crew Member (Former Employee), Snellville, GAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: discount at lunch
Cons: some times didnt get a break
My typical day at worked i worked hard and wasn't even noticed for the hard work picking up other people slack only customers told me i was doing a good job.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 3, 2012
This is one of my favorite restaurants. I really enjoyed working and meeting many different types of people.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 26, 2012
A typical at work was busy and fun. I learned how to manage my time wisely in a busy work environment. Management taught me the daily operation of a restaurant. My co-workers were fun to work with. The most enjoyable time was pleasing the customers and serving great food.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sandersville, GAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: health care and fun workplace
Cons: no cons
Starting out at Zaxby's as a cook/cashier and giving excellent customer service has giving me the skills and knowledge of operation it takes to be a excellent Manager. What I enjoyed most about working for Zaxby's is being able to grow and advance to a higher level in the company. And would love the opportunity to work in this field again if giving – more... the opportunity to do so. – less
very hands on while on my feet
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Union City, GAJuly 16, 2012
Pros: great management
Cons: low pay
love the fact that i can move constantly always having something to do.
Productive workplace, friendly employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, Ga.July 7, 2012
Pros: discounts on food, people thanking you for doing a good job.
Cons: 15 minute breaks
I didn't work there long due to a car accident. For the short time I was there, it was a nice work environment. I handled the cash register, taking orders and typing them on the computer. Cleaned the bathrooms when we weren't busy and cleaned the dining room each time a customer left. I learned about money management and customer service. How to treat – more... customers in a polite manner and how to keep them happy. The managers did a great job with staying on task, making sure the restaurant was clean and in an orderly fashion, making sure customers were happy and content with the service. My co-workers did a great job as well, they were friendly to all employees, helped each other out when possible, there was great team work at this restaurant. The hardest part was keeping up with the orders, mainly because I was new and this was my first job. Most enjoyable part was being able to make people happy and know that I did my job the right way. – less

About ZAXBY'S RESTAURANT

You might say this company is all about zee chicken. Zaxby's Franchising operates and franchises more than 490 fast-casual Zaxby's – Read more