ZAXBY'S RESTAURANT Employee Reviews

Not bad for a fast food job
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GADecember 21, 2015
I felt like this was a good job to have during college. Overall a good company, who is decent to its employees. Due to their low cost approach, they are unable to give great promotions. While I was only part time, it took me several years to become a supervisor.
Fun frriendly workplace
CERT. ASSISTANT M AN AG ER (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 16, 2015
Zaxbys is a friendly family oriented place. I supervise the employees and also train them. The customer service is great and the employees love giving great customer service.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Perry,gaOctober 22, 2015
Very nice attitude with managers,and very productive work environment. Stressful during Sunday lunches but other than that was a very good work experience for a high school student.
workplace
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 20, 2015
Zaxbys is a very friendly yet, uptight restaurant job. What I've learned from working there is how to maintain a positive attitude with ANY customer. My coworkers were awesome! They helped me out to the max. The hardest part of the job was peek time when every one rushed in at once and we had to correspond very fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Pros
Meeting new people, gaining customer service skills
Cons
VERY underpaid
Fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 3, 2015
Great place to work, able to move up in management with great mentoring. There's not to much more I need to say other than Zaxby's is an amazing company.
Pros
great mentoring program.
Cons
no health benefits made able for part-time employees after so many months.
Fun, family friendly workplace
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Lovejoy, GAJuly 3, 2015
Very energetic and fun loving work environment, that enables me to learn something different everyday. It can become a little frustrating when it becomes hectic, but with my experience I have learned to handle all situations.
Pros
Discount meals, great co-workers
Cons
No health insurance
very enjoyable place to work- very flexible
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJuly 2, 2015
I worked at Zaxbys of Gaffney SC from 2006-2013. During this time I was going to high school, going to college, getting married, etc. This place is awesome! They worked around your schedule. Made sure you had time off when you needed it. Made sure you got enough hours if you requested more. I actually looked forward to going to work. Still haven't found a place as enjoyable as this!
Pros
Flexible hours- Great managers- "one big happy family"
Cons
minimum wage pay- no benefits-
Zaxby's Review
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 18, 2015
I enjoyed my experience at Zaxby's. The management was very good with training and working out customer service issues. I worked with a great group of people and learned a lot about operations at a fast food restaurant.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Management changed multiple times since reopening in Jan, 2014 when new owners bought out the business.
Certified Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 17, 2015
Food was always hot and fresh. Work was challenging each day. Upper management put new policies in place weekly and it was difficult to keep up with the changes. These changes resulted in a high turnover of management and employees.
Pros
Willing to work around your schedule without hassles
Cons
No healthcare, benefits, paid meals, nor paid breaks.
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCApril 3, 2015
A typical day at work is a busy day and I didn't really learn anything there. Management was ok and the co workers was great. There were no hard part about the job, but the most enjoyable part was talking to the customers.
Pros
I don't really know
Cons
Only got one raise and been there for 3 years
fun place to work
cook (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 4, 2015
Typically, there were no room for advancement, especially if a person was in the company for a long time. If a person stayed in management they probably would make a little bit of money. Of course, the general manager (GM) made a lot of money.
Love this job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GASeptember 26, 2014
This is by far the best restaurant to work for. I loved working here because we were a team. everyone was on the same page and worked with each other to complete a certain tasked .we always had meeting every week so we would know what was going on for the following week. only down fall was because it was a franchise .the one I was working at my manager mom and dad owed the store so it made it a lose lose situation when something went wring because e they were always going to believe there daughter
Not prfessional
Cashier Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCSeptember 23, 2014
I am looking for a professional job. Zaxby's has great food, but the managers are not running the store properly.
Typical food industry job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAJune 9, 2014
A typical day at work included taking orders, maintaining a clean environment, and just doing what is asked of you. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy and learning to multitask. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the costumers on a personal level. However, the managers and coworkers can really make or break your experience working at Zaxby's.
Pros
half off 1 meal each shift
Cons
no free drinks, minimum wage, you may never get a raise
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 29, 2014
• Provided customer service and assisted customers in locating foods; operated cash register for food purchases and handling monetary exchanges; trained newly hired staff; assist in other areas of store, such as clean up, shelf-stocking, or keeping merchandise displayed in an orderly manner
Exciting and busy work environment, learned something new everyday
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose and Marbon Rd. 32223May 3, 2014
I loved working for Zaxby's Restaurant. The other employees and managers were great to work with. I learned a lot about proper food preparation and storage and gained even more experience in customer service. The hardest part of the job was when other's didn't follow through with their responsibilities, but that was always a quick fix by jumping in and doing it myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in customer service, meeting new people everyday.
Pros
exciting work environment and great managers
Cons
low pay
A Bad Day Waiting to Happen
Back of House Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 25, 2014
Simply put, I was asked to fake results on food sanitation and safety tables (where you check if the food could still be served...), and got in trouble for doing it properly. I did not like this job one bit, and I was incredibly disappointed when my report to the Department of Labor did not go through as it should have.
Cons
no free lunches, bosses attempt to make you pay for and do more than you should, high turnover rate.
Great career for high school / college students.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grayson, GAMarch 6, 2014
A typical day at work for me, As the store doors are opened, I am greeted by new and repeat customers that I know by name. They are coming in for lunch knowing they will receive the best service in city and state. (Accuracy of order, speed of service, greeted with E.G.G. experienced cashier)
Typical skills learned would be; as FOH cashier the importance of how to treat customers and co-workers will effect the smooth sale of the shift you work. Drive-thru, also cashier, how to seriously multi-task and be accurate in taking the order as well as double check orders before handing out.
***********************************************************************
Multi-task, Multi-task, Multi-task!
***********************************************************************
The hardest part of my job, because of the age difference and because I was an ex manager in a cashier's position, after 8 years employment in the same company, was to maintain as a cashier and keep my opinion to myself of the M.I.T.s (manager's in training) and employees who were bringing down the integrity of the store and seeing nothing was being done to correct/deal with it.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers I would meet/see everyday! I met people who were passing through from state to state, or country. My return customers I knew by name and they made my day. I also enjoyed the capability to turn an upset or unhappy person-- happy.
Seeing their frown turn into a smile!
This told me I accomplished something wonderful!!!
Pros
50% off $9 or less on days you work, 25% off $9 or less on off days. that is it!
Cons
certain items will not be discounted, health care is for managers only.
Zaxbys
Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 4, 2014
Received very few hours
Pay was low
Learned more about sanitation
Co workers were great
Hardest part of the job was closing
Fun Franchise/Corporate business
Ast Gen Manager/Ast Op Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 20, 2014
I worked within a franchise, so my view on Zaxby's from what I worked would be a little different from what was told to me in Athens, and what I have seen in corporate owned stores, to what I actually worked. So I would rather not give a review based on that.