Zaxby's Employee Reviews

Awsome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Seneca, SCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: customer service
Liked learning to work with a team. Management was awsome and i dont think ive ever felt more welcome. My co-workers felt more like family. it was hard working with rude customers however all the great overall good people there made it well worth my time there!
great job
Cook (Former Employee), College Park, GAAugust 19, 2015
Great job, meeting different people.Learned about cooking for multiple people at a time. Making sure food was ready in an orderly fashion. and providing excellent customer service to anybody who came in to our place of work.
Zaxby's
Cashier (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: 50% off 1 meal a day
Cons: Only worked 3 days a week
Working at Zaxby's was okay. The management could have been way better. To much to do for 7.25 an hour honestly. But you got breaks some days, and worked only 3 days a week and i wanted more
Fast Food
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2015
Typical Day: Cleaning, Taking orders , food prep

Management: Continued to schedule me on my days I could not work due to school
Effective Somewhat
cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 8, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: 30 minute breaks for minors
There's one extremely rude manager who doesn't deserve his position there. Things aren't done on time like changing the milkshake crocks at about 3 p.m so milk is left spoiling and sometimes still being served. The managers aren't really fair, I feel as if they ask more from the people who they know will do it and won't say no while others are just standing around and really haven't done much all day. I learned to work together to get a busy day done and how to do somethings with machines like the managers so I could fix problems on my own. I feel like the hardest part of the job is working really hard and knowing that your paycheck doesn't match your effort. The most enjoyable part was satisfying customers and meeting new people.
The work Place
Cook(Kitchen Leader) (Former Employee), Malbis, ALAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Good breaks, some good managers
Cons: not enough hours
It was a great job until we got mangers in there that didn't know what they were doing. Overall It was a job and you cant complain about that
Great co-workers to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Florence, South CarolinaAugust 3, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: Very few hours
While working for Zaxby's i learned how to handle cash and credit card transactions and how to responsibly handle customer support issues.The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet new people and working with my co-workers. My co-workers were friendly, hard working employees. The Management at the location where i was employed was exceptional!
Okay Job
Cook (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 1, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: work hard for to little money
That was my first job and it came with it's good days and bad ones. I learned all about leadership and responsibility. The management team was good. The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers but enjoyed the time spent there sharping my work ethic.
Fun place to work but needs better leadership
Cook (Former Employee), Columbia, TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: discounts on the clock and off the clock, great team work, wonderful for a first job
Cons: Hire way to many people at one time, better customer service is needed
I feel like Zaxbys is a great first job for anyone looking to get experience in the food service industries. But with that being said it could be better. At many times during a shift their would be a time when one side of the line is being rushed and the other side is moving very slow. The normal thing to do is to help the other side complete the order and make sure that all the food is fresh for the customer. Some days food would stay in the warmer way longer then it was supposed to. Therefore when the customer got it, it wouldn't be as fresh as it would be if the line was maintained properly.
fun work environment with a great team
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: overall great place and team, a lot of communication
Cons: $7.60 an hour
Fast paced, learned to multitask. Operated drive thru during busy hours which caused some stress but the team always eager to lend a hand.
Overall Review
Cashier (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on food
Cons: Too much sarcasm
Zaxby's was your typical fast food, but it was geared towards the rich. The manager was flexible with all employees. Our restaurant was given the highest award for customer service and so on. I had a hard time working with co-workers, but I did my best on getting through the day.
Good job for high school kids
Supervisor (Former Employee), ooltewah, tnJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good environment, fast paced
Cons: Hit or miss management, can get overworked
Typical workplace for high school students, give or take on management. Also gave money for college to pay for books and other expenses. more experience and training gave you raises.
Starter job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Bishopville, SCJuly 23, 2015
Productive and very professional work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Trussville, ALJuly 17, 2015
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: not many benefits, discounts are not much
A typical day at work was very calm sometimes busy but was never to hectic. My experience working there was great an I was able to learn good customer service skills and improved my communication skills. The hardest task would be cleaning the lobby, restrooms and etc. at closing time, but the help of employees and managers we was always able to get everything done in a timely manner. The management and staff was very friendly, but professional which is what I enjoyed most because I found it easier to ask questions when needed. As a result I gained much experience from this job that would become helpful in my future endeavours.
Professional quality restaurant experience, where my skills may be utilized to the maximum extent which provides an EXECPTIONAL hospitality experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2015
Typical days at work for me are like sunshine, especially when I know that I've been blessed to see another day; "why not treat someone with kindness"? I learn new things everyday at work from customer's and employee's, how we can get the job done working together as a team! Customer's are an important factor in any business, as well as the employee's so it teaches me how to not only be a great manager but a great LEADER!!!!!!!
Good first job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Strict rules
This was my very first job and I was here for almost 2 years. The work was not hard, unless taking orders, punching them into a computer and cleaning is hard for you. It's not a bad place to work although the rules can be strict.
Great first job
cashier (Current Employee), Athens, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: The pros about my job is that a good working enviorment
Cons: The cons are that its only a part time job and I do not have any benefits.
A typical day at Zaxby's would consist of bad and good customers some are rude, others are very nice you just have to know how to talk to them so things do not escalate to a worse problem. I have learned that the more you talk to the customer no matter how much of a rude person they are being at the end of the day they are pleased that they were given great service. The managers I have are very great . They know how to approach you if there is a conflict with out you feeling bad about yourself . They do not insult you or any of that .My co-workers are also very enjoyable I love working with them all of us working together helps us give all the customers the great service they need . I think the hardest thing about my job is when we are having a rush time, sometimes things get so aggravating you start to lose focus and some start to get mad but keeping your patience and a positive attitude everything continues to go good.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can not only work but have fun with the people I work with. At the end of the day we can all joke around and have fun working together .That is what makes me enjoy my job.
Productive workplace with family atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Promotions
Cons: Cleaning
I enjoyed my time at Zaxby's and loved the family atmosphere there. I would recommend it to any teenager or other looking for a job.
Productive workplace.
Cook (Current Employee), Dublin, GAJuly 15, 2015
I learned how to work as a team and we had a 50% discount on our lunch. We were able to take breaks when we wanted too. We did not receive benefits that was the bad part about it.
Food & Restaurant
INTERIM GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCJuly 14, 2015
This is a fun, fast paced environment with opportunities for advancement. An extremely fast growing company all over the country built upon good morals and caring upper level management.