Zaxby's Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,597 reviews
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, NCFebruary 27, 2017
I love the energy of the employees and other co-workers until the energy goes bad

Fun energetic laughter

Hard work some days

some good days when service is not slow
They are flexible with there hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 27, 2017
My boss was short tempered and always snapped at me and his employees. There where times when employees dropped food or dishes on the floor and wanted to put them back I would always have to tell them they can't do that.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Employees where rude
It was a good first job
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARFebruary 27, 2017
The environment was some what organized. The crew always seemed to fall behind. There was a lot of confussion with what jobs had to be done. We NEVER let at a set time.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Disorganized
okay.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Augusta, SCFebruary 27, 2017
One apple does indeed ruin the bunch. One manager in particular has made my working experience there not what it use to be. I feel that everyone employee has some growing to do in order to make this location better.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working here until new owners took over and let most of everyone go because they wanted all new crew to run their restaurant which wasn't what i had expected since i was in management.
Fun and Fast paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 25, 2017
Great place to work at. You must work as a team to handle the rushes because zaxbys is a restaurant that is well known and well liked by everyone. As long as you are a hard worker you will excel in this company.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Short Breaks
Your Experience at Corporate Largely Depends on Your Department
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Corporate Athens, GAFebruary 25, 2017
After a long hiring process, I started at Zaxby's. The HR and orientation part was great and I felt like I had made a good choice to come and work at this company. After that things went downhill. The first thing my boss did was to tell me about how horrible everyone I would be supervising was. I was provided no training for my job--but thanks to my other co-workers showing me the way and my own motivation to ask questions, I learned. Within our department (RSS), everyone was overworked, frequently worked long hours/weekends, and altogether seemed miserable. Couldn't talk to anyone/play music/laugh too loud or talk to people from other departments. Department heads pretend to listen when you try to discuss issues or suggest improvements but ultimately will turn that against you. The only way to get ahead in the RSS department is by going to your boss and putting the rest of the employees down. Then you will look like the shining star. I'd like to think other departments don't operate like this at Zaxby's, but DO NOT take a job in the RSS department. Oh and transferring out of RSS? Not a chance. You'll suffer for a year minimum and then when something else does become available your boss won't do the necessary paperwork to get you to another department. There is no room for advancement within the department. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Pros
Great health insurance plan, wellness program, discount on Athens area Zaxby's, soda/water/coffee and fruit in break rooms
Cons
AVOID RSS Department, Vacation accrual is laughable (.33 days per month for the first year), frequently pressured to work long hours, no one holds the department managers accountable
Productive but not a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Zaxby's is a productive place to work. I dislike they don't provide benefits for their employees only for the employees with high stats. Not a good place to work but it does pay the bills
Pros
Great for moving up in the company
Cons
don't give benefits
Productive fast paced workplace with friendly coworkers and overall great culture
Assisant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 23, 2017
I learned many things from my time at Zaxbys. From leadership role to creating a great culture and great customer service
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
healthcare wasn't that great
fun learning environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALFebruary 23, 2017
I really enjoyed my job. I had a lot of great employees, I enjoyed meeting and getting to know so many of our customers. I learned so much from them. However, with the ever changing schedule it was hard to balance home and work, with children and grandchildren living in another state there was no time to go visit.
Pros
benefits, free food
Cons
constant changing schedule
Laid back, easy going
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 22, 2017
I've always loved serving others and being around customers. I've learned a lot about customer service while working there. My managers are always understanding about situations and it's been really nice to have. The hardest part of that job is being short handed while having a rush. You have to really multitask and make sure everything is getting completed.
Pros
free food for certain goals, making people happy
Cons
pay
Drama gossip and unprofessional
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCFebruary 22, 2017
all of the employees gossip and stir up trouble causing drama making it very hard to work for everyone. in the beginning is was fun to work there but after awhile it was the same thing everyday.
Different workplce
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Poinciana, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Interesting workplace, varies from store to store depending on employees and management. Good benefits when promoted to full-time or management position.
Life as a Zaxby's Employee
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCFebruary 22, 2017
My typical day at Zaxby's is always very interesting, A day at Zaxby's is never a dull day for our customers or our employees.
Being able to be a Zaxbys employee has thought me the real meaning of having a fun, loving, hard working environment, that just as long as your giving it your best that's all that's asked of.
As far as management goes I do have my own opinion about the management and some of the actions that occur, but most of the time all the mangers will help us out and will always be there for us as employees to come and discuss what ever circumstances Aries.
Zaxbys isn't like your typical fast food restaurant, its culture in just it self explains everything, (that is if you've ever gotten the chance to eat with us.)
Probably the hardest part of my entire job would have to be closing down the dishes for the entire store.
The most enjoyable part about my job would have to defiantly be meeting all the wonderful customers whether they are travelers or regulars.
Pros
50% off food at any given time whether at work or not
Cons
No where even close to enough hours
Good learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCFebruary 21, 2017
This was a good place to work at with good people. A good learning experience for a first time job. The work was easy and the pay wasn't bad for a fast food job.
Pros
learning experience
have a great service and great food
Cook-Present (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALFebruary 21, 2017
had a great time there had met very nice people but they check there security very cerise that they are looking at use while we do our job and also great customer service also
Pros
free food to take out that are old
Cons
short breaks and very nice
Fun place to work as a teenager but...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GAFebruary 21, 2017
Zaxby's is fun to work at as a teenager, but after a while it gets old. You come home every day smelling like chicken. Management is horrible, but I had great experiences with my coworkers and customers.
Pros
Customers, employee discount
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, bad management
Enjoyed working for this company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 21, 2017
Zaxby's was a good company to work for. My co-workers were all pleasant and easy to get along with. I ended up having to leave the company due to a severe illness that I had.
Great
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCFebruary 21, 2017
I wasn't too sure about working in the fast food industry but from day 1 zaxbys was the place I wanted to work if I was in the fast food industry. Great people, great food, great hours. Could offer some benefits.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Needs lunch breaks, your can be there from 10 to 11 with only a 30 minute lunch break, other days (not doing doubles) you don't get them at all. .....
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zaxby's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8