Zaxby's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,257 reviews matching the search
Overall, I enjoyed working at Zaxby's.
Cashier/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJune 29, 2016
The work at Zaxby's was fairly easy for me. I enjoyed the work, actually. My main reason for quitting was the fact that my mom landed a manager position.
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALJune 28, 2016
I have learned so much from this place. From Teamwork mentality, to normal business, to customer service. Great managers and Co-workers.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 26, 2016
I've learned how to deal with people even on a their bad day. The coworkers are very helpful when it comes to learning new skills.
Typical place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 24, 2016
Overworked good employees to compensate underachievers. Not enough crew for busy hours. But nice cohesive team atmosphere.
cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 23, 2016
People come to eat and you take their orders. People ask a lot of questions about the menu and you have to know the answer off the top of your head or they get mad.
Pros
smells good
Cons
no free food
The management needs improving.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GAJune 23, 2016
I worked at Zaxbys for almost three years and I have never worked in a workplace that had so much drama. Zaxbys can be a great place to work but the management makes it so difficult.
productive and fun place to work, nice co workers and management.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced, which makes the day go by faster. Im gradually learning all aspects of operations. Most co workers are great people and managment is wonderful.
They will work around a school schedule but little or no room for self improvement within the company.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 21, 2016
The co-workers are a big factor in this job and can be the reason a excellent or a horrible day. Most employees bring life to the small cramped environment of the kitchen. There are usually several rushes throughout the day and depending on the individuals it could go really well or not so well. Not everyone cares about customer satisfaction the way that they should. My goal as a cook was to make everything look as it does or would in a commercial, always wanting to see a smile on the customers face when they receive their meal is the best satisfaction and reward a cook may receive. Management for the most part is good. While it is near impossible to have a perfect staff Zaxby's maintains a pretty positive out looking crew making it enjoyable to work/eat their most of the time.
Pros
50% discount as a staff member, once in a management position you get one free meal every day you work.
Cons
No benifits, not much room to move up positional wise or financially.
Productive, fast paced environment, assisting customers
Cashier, Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 20, 2016
I have worked for Zaxbys for several years now and I love to present each customer with an encore experience hoping to enrich every life that comes into the restaurant one person at a time. The hardest part of my job is having to perform duties of at least 3 different job positions daily due to lack of staff. The speed of service we provide allows the day to go by very fast. I love working with people and assisting cusotmers.
Good first job for teenager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJune 20, 2016
Overall you learn a lot. Customer service, good cleaning skills, money handling, and running stations. Managers are up and down so you get used to that.
Poorly managed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJune 19, 2016
Poorly managed. The managers have 0 leadership skills and everyone has either quit or been fired since I first started. They don't treat their employees well at all.
Fun work Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eatonton, GAJune 19, 2016
I love working at Zaxbys.. Its a very unique company , I love working with me co-workers ,& dealing with the customers. I've learn how to count registers , void out tickets , give refunds and also satisfy my customers!
learning experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 15, 2016
zaxbys was my first job. i enjoyed the learning experience but,management was not the best. there was not an influence for personal advancement. management wanted you to stay at entry level
Pros
food
Cons
everything else
my opinion
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 14, 2016
my first day was amazing I love my job from the start. I met some great people working at Zaxby's in Statesboro. The manager make sure every one greet you on your first day and they all was kind and respectable people. I learn a lot working at Zaxby's for behind the counter or in the dinner. There can be some time were you have to deal with rude costumers. all I ever did was smile and greet ask if there anything that I can do to make they day a little better. I enjoy working at Zaxby's the love they give off feels more like family!
working at zaxby's (elkin location)
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCJune 13, 2016
You don't make over 7.50 unless you are management and advancement is virtually impossible. People are mostly hateful and ungrateful unless your a yes man. They expect you to work like a dog for nothing. Pay is horrible, not many people who are not management make over 300 a paycheck.
Pros
Food is amazingly good and get an employee discount of up to $10 worth before discount
Cons
bad atmosphere
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richburg, SCJune 13, 2016
This job is a good job for beginners.
Very family like atmosphere easy to learn.
Managers are always willing to help anyone who works hard.
the truth about Zaxby's
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 11, 2016
Working 10-13 hour days, with no break. It's constant stress. The level of responsibility is overwhelming. The Management team is unorganized. The store is unorganized. There is no actual training process for new employees. For the most part the crew is friendly and easy to get along with. However, there are a lot of demands from upper management and the owner that are a little ridiculous. There are no benefits. No Health Insurance, No paid time off, no vacation time, no sick time, no holiday pay. No FMLA. Basically, if you like to be away from your family for 60 hours a week and have nothing to show for it, then this is the place for you. If you can physically care for a family on $28-35k a year, then this is the place for you. If you want to achieve more, move up the ladder, be successful, then you may not want to consider this as a career.
As far as the culture goes, they do nothing, if not make it worse, for the environment. They waste huge amounts of water, electricity and resources. Their plates and to go containers are all Styrofoam, and the utensils plastic and disposable.
One positive things, however, is that they DO give back to local High Schools and some organizations through donations and sponsorship.
Pros
Staff is friendly for the most part.
Cons
Long hours, home/work, stress, no healthcare, no benefits, low pay
Good place to start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 10, 2016
Didn't get along well with a manager who was rude and made me cry my first day. Enjoyed coworkers and managed tasks well (not too much). It was my first job so it was easy enough that I was able to get a feel for working. The hardest part was dealing with ridiculous tiny rules, and the most enjoyable was getting to meet new people.
Pros
Free food if shift went well
Cons
Very low pay
Fun place with pretty nice people.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 10, 2016
Whatever position someone will be put in they would have to find a way to figure out with the others employees able to help whenever it was needed.
Fun place to work. Short on hours though
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 9, 2016
Overall Zaxby's is a great place to work. Management is great, and the culture at Zaxby's is diverse. The only thing that I dislike about the company is the work hours. I just wish there was enough to go around. I was usually only working 3-4 days per week. I would have liked to work more.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Not enough hours