Zaxby's Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,590 reviews
Meeting new people and enjoying what I do
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 4, 2017
I learn that not everything comes easy and I have to work hard to get to where I wanna be in the company. The managment works with my schedule and are helpful to everyday problems I might be having. The hardest part about my job is the cleaning at the end of the night. It doesn't bother me to clean but I would have to say it is the hardest. But there are also enjoyable parts of working for zaxbys like the new friends I have made and many smiles that walk through the doors on the customers faces.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Short breaks, no raises
It was a very hard environment to work in.
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the management. They defiantly chose favorites, and if you weren't a favorite you had a hard time working there. All of the employees i worked with for the most part were nice and easy to work with. At times the job could be very fast paced, but working in a real restaurant taught me how to deal with the pace. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people. I'm very much a people person, and I would say that would be one of my strong suits.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Management.
Fast food job with strong cultures and beliefs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day as a team member is pretty smooth as long as the manager you are working under is organized or at least knows what he/she has planned for the day. The hardest part about the job is dealing with angry or irritated guests (customers). The best part was being able to celebrate different events such as birthdays or holidays. Also, being able to help the managers when they needed it was also a plus.
Pros
free lunches some times, being able to talk to managers about non work related issues or advice if needed
Cons
long hours, having different levels of work ethic around
Great customers and hours, easy and fun job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLFebruary 13, 2017
The job itself is a nice place to work. The customers are all nice. The most difficult and upsetting part of the job was the management and the firing of people occasionally. The employees were all nice people and worked well as a team. Management could be better and employees could be treated better by the store manager. The shift managers were nice people. Working was never boring and you always had something to do!
Pros
Nice people, good hours, quick breaks
Cons
Management poor, no breaks if your over age, always busy
Work Hard, Get Worked really hard
DRIVE THRU ATTENDANT/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Good food and as a fast food chain it isn't a place to work if you don't understand what that means. Customers are above average, management is hit or miss.

Some advancement opportunities will be given to those who "need" it most rather than most qualified. Turnover isn't incredible but it happens. Management will not have your back and customer is always right.

I will say it is a good first job and taught me some life lessons. It isn't the worst, but work-life balance is the responsibility of the employee because the management will take advantage of hard workers.
Pros
Food discount, experience
Cons
Very busy environment fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be busy at all times and sometimes stressful. I learned that no matter how you may feel bout certain situations always treat a customer how you would want to be treated.The management team is always there to lend a helping hand and very flexible. I get along well with my co-workers some days are good and some days are bad. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers.The most enjoyable is when everything thing runs smooth and the team is working together.
Pros
earning a new position
Cons
working so long and not getting a raise
Zaxbys
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAJanuary 16, 2017
At the beginning i loved working there but the longer i worked the more favoritism i began to see. Some people got to do whatever they want like take 6 to 7 smoke breaks in one shift or they would walk away from their work area and begin having a conversation with other employees and nothing would be said to them but if other employees did it who werent the favorite did it they'd get in trouble. Alot of dating in the work place began to happen. One was between an employee and manager so that employee basically got to do whatever she wanted. Towards the end i absolutely hated working there. It was all drama a bunch of he said she said i would never look forward to going to work like I did in the beginning
Pros
Met alot of great people.
Cons
Manangers stressed you out
Very Productive because business is always booming the type of Environment that will definitely make you keep up
Cook (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 6, 2017
If you don't want to move or be quick on your toes then Zaxby's isn't the spot or profession for you. The way you could maintain a proper balance in this Organzation is to at all times Conduct yourself in an Orderly fashion stay on top of your area because someone maybe always ordering something. I suggest that your work be taken serious as anything else that you may invest in.
Pros
You want have to worry about standing around not being Productive
Cons
You will have to Supply your own Health Care and No free Meals
Very first job, and it was a great experience!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work inst to hard, of course you have your challenges and tasks to do, but its nothing you cant handle! IT has tough me what life is all about! working for what you want and need! The management seems to run smooth, even though it could use some beneficial improvement! The co-workers are great! its seriously like a second family! we all get along and always have each others backs! its very close netted and a great atmosphere! All and all it is a great place to work at, its a very enjoyable job!
Pros
you can move up easily.
Cons
not beneficial.
Try to find a better job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Algood, TNJanuary 30, 2017
It was a great job at the start, but the unset hours and unprofessionalism of some managers is too much to deal with. You make great money, but if you can find another job with the same pay you would be better off. You have no benefits and a lot of stuff is shady.
Pros
Half price lunches and 25% off when not on the clock, some managers will find every way to help you
Cons
Some managers are unprofessional, a lot of shady people, and no set hours
Great place to begin in the restaurant business!
Assistant Manager/ General Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here! I have never worked in the fast food or restaurant business before and I gained so much experience in food handling and preparation. A typical day was always exciting because it was a gathering place for people who loved good chicken. The guest were almost always the same and each experience was different than the last. I learned about food & labor cost, how to properly build a sandwich, how to effectively and efficiently guide a shift, how morale is very important in team spirit, and a productive work day. I think Zaxby's has a great management training program for anyone who would like to advance their customer service and leadership skills through management.
Great food, exciting promotions and good people.
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 27, 2016
A typical day may consist of clocking in, acknowledging my coworkers and checking the dry-erase board to see which station I was assigned to that day. Prep protein items, cook and prepare food for dine-in, drive-thru and carry-out. The management was fairly new, but they were reasonable. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job may have been compensating the work load in shifts where we may have been understaffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was preparing amazing food for our guests and seeing how pleased they were.
Pros
Incentives when we keep our drive-thru time low.
Cons
Not enough income.
Decent workplace however stressful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 24, 2016
Working here has been great so far.
I've been at Zaxby's for a year almost and never got evaluated.
That's rather disappointing since I was cross-trained as a cook and cashier and learned about everything a Manager would need to know in order to close and open shop.
They choose favorites in the management and don't focus primarily on work ethics it seems, but rather on the individual's personality.
That's all fine and dandy, but someone too lenient put in a strong position could be a problem time to time.
All in all the management had problems and scheduling was crazy.
Pros
50% discount an hour before and an hour after work.
Cons
Short breaks, Drama, Bad Scheduling.
Laid back, easy going
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 22, 2017
I've always loved serving others and being around customers. I've learned a lot about customer service while working there. My managers are always understanding about situations and it's been really nice to have. The hardest part of that job is being short handed while having a rush. You have to really multitask and make sure everything is getting completed.
Pros
free food for certain goals, making people happy
Cons
pay
Work life
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GADecember 17, 2016
There are a lot of pros and cons for working at Zaxby's. My main one is that no matter how hard someone is working they don't notice it. They are always highlighting the cons in a situations. My co-workers were pretty chill and fun to work with. Well, most of them anyway. Management was kind of iffy because some of the mangers where unorganized and it really threw the rest of the team of. Working at Zaxby's is different for everyone only because they are a franchise so different people own them. I say if you are considering working there either go to the store you are applying to and look around and ask the employees questions. Most of the time, they will answer them truthfully. Or you can always just apply and get your own experience.
hated it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 7, 2017
I worked for Zaxby's for 2 weeks shy of a year. Started as a cashier, became a cook, worked my way up to assistant manager. Horribly understaffed because the owners wanted to be super picky about staff (but the people who did get hired were lazy and nobody wanted to do their job so as manager you'd end up being at work till around 2am cleaning up after everyone.) The job was alright for the most part, if you want to work 7 days a week from open to close with no breaks whatsoever. Repeatedly let them know I could not work Sundays, guess in their minds that meant I needed to work doubles. Wouldn't suggest eating there before close because the food is so far from fresh, they would just reheat what was already cooked.
Pros
is this a joke? lololololol none
Cons
Horrible bosses, no breaks, doing everyone's job + yours.
Its okay if you want to be over worked..
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 23, 2017
I'm currently a Manger for Zaxbys in Athens, GA. If your not looking for friendship in the with place then you won't move up. The DM pays very cheap. He doesn't engage in developing his management team so the wrong people get promoted. Everyone is 18-20 which is way too young to be managing anyone. Athens district is a slater house.
Pros
Management eats free
Cons
Hard work gets over looked.
Cooperate image precludes successful management
Certified Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALDecember 14, 2016
I was hired as an assistant manager into an environment that was highly toxic. The GM was running a fraud to keep her friends and family employed while they ate free food and the assistant managers and anyone the GM did not like were forced to run the business on a skeleton crew. She was eventually caught onto and fired, but until after months of stressful 50 hour weeks. New GM made things a lot better, but if you get a bad one, there is little you can do. I watched every assistant manager there walk off the job within a month of each other, and eventually I followed suit.
Pros
Free food, good pay if you are a manager.
Cons
Long hours/ weeks, lots of nit-picking from above, low pay if you arent a manager.
Would look elsewhere
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 8, 2017
I used to work for a franchise store within the organization. The job was extremely monotonous and the pay was very low. Management changed every 4 months at my location and they only cared about advancing themselves over the employees. Breaks were not given in my store nor were employees reviewed or even given criticism when complaints were filed. I would recommend you find another line of work.
A caring culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 9, 2016
Zaxby's is a great company to work for. They care about you as an individual and are constantly striving to better you as a person and help you as much as they can while also managing to hold a business. I learned pretty much all of my life skills from working at Zaxby's.

There are frustrating days, of course, but at the end of the day, it's worth it when you feel like you've truly impacted someone's life.

It's hard once you first start because it's part-time, so you're not guaranteed many hours from the start but after showing potential, your hours and pay increase.

The only thing I didn't like about working at Zaxby's was working for the management team. The work wasn't spread evenly, making it harder for others to manage their own shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zaxby's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8