Zaxby's Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GADecember 8, 2017
I highly enjoyed working at Zaxby's. Management was awesome. I loved the flexible hours and the crew. Everyone was friendly. It was an overall a great environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no breaks
Zaxbys is an above-average fast food place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 7, 2017
Zaxbys is a great place to work at. It is nicer, more professional and overall better than places like McDonald's in terms of food, work and the kindness of people that work there and the way the place is ran.
Pros
Free meals on breaks
Cons
Told to do things over and over
Fun environment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 7, 2017
Zaxbys is a very busy restaurant it made the days go by really fast I really enjoyed working for this company and would recommend any of my friends or family to work there. Only down side is you don’t get much of a break
Well structured
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 7, 2017
Zaxby's is a place where if I had kids started off for your first job I was at them work at Zaxby's because of the structure and the discipline and the momentum that it has teaches you how to be responsible how to be mature
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Amount of hours you work
Southern fried chicken shack on the outside....
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 7, 2017
MSG on the inside. They literally soak the fingers in MSG, then bread it in flour containing more of it, and then salt the fries with "top Ramen packet" Also, owned by the Christian right.
Pros
free food...
Cons
but its toxic
Nice restaurant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 5, 2017
Love this place and was a great work place also. Food was always great and the employees where always friendly. I love going there to eat with my friends
Under staffed work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cairo, GADecember 5, 2017
Being a cashier for Zaxby's was somewhat overwhelming. I was responsible for quickly handling every customer while also making accurate food orders and handling money.
Fun place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSDecember 4, 2017
Fun place to work and learn to grow as a human being. Very competitive when it comes to making more money and good at given people a oppurtunity. Also recognize their good workers and show appreciation.
Pros
Pay wages
Cons
Poor managment
fun but strict work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCDecember 4, 2017
Everyone likes to laugh with each other but we get work done at the same time. Everyone always had smiling faces. We made sure everything was clean and organized.
its ok
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hiawassee, GADecember 3, 2017
Zaxbys is an easy job. Its very easy to learn and they management is flexible with your hours. Its fast pace during the summer months and slow during the winter.
Pros
easy jobs
Cons
Poor management
Ok place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GADecember 3, 2017
It was great place to work
Unable to relocate wants bought a house
Would stayed if had chance to relocate
Good bonus
Easy to learn concept
Five day work week
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Work life
Great learning experience in the Kitchen
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 1, 2017
Zaxbys was the first place I learned kitchen technique.
They have friendly management and I love the competitiveness of the employees. A big plus is that the employees always worked as a team.
Pros
free meals, good length lunches
Cons
no smoke breaks and bad shift management
As a high-schooler it's good enough
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 1, 2017
The only thing wrong with the place is the cooperation between co workers (which is the worst thing that could be wrong with the place). There was drama, verbal fights, and crew members who always had me doing something as if the didn't want to do there own job. It's eh, to me but this will put a lot of people off.
Pros
Free lunch if you had no break. If you worked hard enough you got free lunches as well.
Cons
Terrible Crew members
you will be punished for a job well done
Cook (Former Employee) –  GADecember 1, 2017
Management opted to terminate a long time employee for calling out sick, but insists on keeping teenagers who routinely call out or show up late. If youre good at the job they will expect you to everything and pull the weight of worthless employees instead of hiring a good staff.
Pros
management is so oblivious to cooks you can eat nibblerz in front of customers faces
Cons
most of it
Great workplace! Keeping your employees happy makes your costumers happy.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GADecember 1, 2017
A typical day in the life of Zaxbys would be getting there, opening up the store, doing your logs and charts, counting money, and making sure your employees are on track to a successful opening. It is a fun environment to work in, and the rushes of costumers makes it exciting to be there.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, paid sick days, paid vacation, flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Depending on location
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 30, 2017
The owners were racist and bias, or should I say one of the owners. Majority of the managers were supportive and considerate and worked above measures. The job as a whole was a pretty good experience and environment,
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Owners
inappropriate
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 30, 2017
While working at zaxbys ii did enjoy the calmness of it all, however the management and the store owner were childish. The owners wife would show up and barade the staff and fire anyone of her high school employed workers who could not work a 30 plus hour work schedule
Cons
short break, only a 15% discount on food
Slow paced and relaxing
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 29, 2017
The place isnt that busy, there is a ton of time to talk and stand around. Things gkt done quickly because there was little business. It was relaxing but got boring. With the little hours i had, being 12 to 16 a week, it got cut in half due to slow business, 5 to 9 hours a week. I left due to that and to free up some days for schoolwork as it was a second job at the time.
Pros
Fair discounts
Cons
Slow business
Fast-Paced, Friendly
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 29, 2017
My day starts off with setting up the store, and preparing all items for opening. I have learned how to keep accurate inventory counts, and manage monetary assets. Zaxby's promotes family oriented, and friendly workplace environment. Being understaffed and working enormous overtime was the hardest part of my job. Working with friendly coworkers was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
No Health Care
I really didn't like it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCNovember 29, 2017
The manager wouldn't give me more than 4 hours a week, then expected me to do everyone else's job when I would come in. I was under appreciated. I did everything when I went in and there would be other workers standing there doing nothing but yet they would get 20+ hours a week. They have a lot of favoritism at Zaxby's. I wouldn't recommend working there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, low salary