Zaxby's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,282 reviews matching the search
cool place to work but unorganized
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 11, 2016
I came in to work with the mindset that I would need to bear most of the workload. Because for the most part i did the whole catering prosess along. Learned to multi-task and develop better time management. Hardest part of the job was taking the fall for anything bad that happened and not recieving any praise when things went correctly.
Pros
free zaxbys and family like co-workers
Cons
no benefits
Unfair and poorly managed
Cook (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 24, 2016
I came in to work with the mindset that I would need to bear most of the workload because my co-workers did not show up or were inexperienced and not properly trained. Learned to multi-task and develop better time management. Hardest part of the job was taking the fall for anything bad that happened and not recieving any praise when things went correctly.
Fun place to work at, Amazing atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Statham, GAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work was great. My co-workers were amazing and the atmosphere was always positive. Management met the promises of giving their employees a raise every six months. I learned that not every action deserves a reaction and that arguing your point to a higher authority was unneccessary as long as I knew that I was doing the correct thing. The hardest part of working there was probably when it got really busy and trying not to come off as rude to the customers because I was trying to get the food out looking well and making sure every plate was plated correctly.
Pros
Atmosphere and people around were very nice and very helpful. We looked out for each other.
Cons
They would schedule us understaffed often.
Productive with quick advancements
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2016
Zaxby's provided opportunity to grow in business management. I excelled through their management program. I enjoyed the people I worked with. For me it was just time to get out of the food industry, the hours are too crazy.
Pros
Free meals, with advancement opportunities and bonuses.
Cons
Late nights, and a lot of hours for it to be salary.
potentially good workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMarch 16, 2016
Overall working at my Zaxby's location was very stressful, as we were always short staffed. We had to work harder to make up for the workers who were not present. Through this it developed my diligence so, it was a very good learning experience,
Pros
General manager was helpful
Cons
turnover and management
Very productive and everyone was a team working together and getting the job done.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 20, 2015
A typical work day at Zaxbys was to greet customers, and since I was advanced I did the drive-thru window job which consisted listening for orders, placing orders, and sending out orders in a timely manner. I've learned that it's very important to listen and further more concentrate on the customers needs. The management team was helpful as well. They took charge and let things flow in order. They made sure everyone was doing their job. My co-workers were my co-workers. They were not my friends, so I say hello when I arrive and have a great evening once I leave..There was nothing hard about my job and I loved everything about it!
Pros
Great lunch
Cons
No benefits
very fun and family friendly
Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calera, AlSeptember 5, 2015
I liked working at Zaxby's. They were always flexible around my schedule and I had a good relationship with management. We worked as a team to get food out as quickly as possibly while still maintaining a fun attitude. We made sure every guest was taken care of properly and that any issues that arose were taken care of promptly and with a smile. The hardest part of Zaxby's was keeping up with Zaxby's standards. Its not too difficult but you had to do things like keeping enough food down for the volume of people while making sure everyone's food was as fresh as possible. This meant you had to know how to properly control food. You never wanted to end up with too little or too much. I loved the employees. It is very easy to embrace the environment at Zaxby's since it is fun and very friendly.
Pros
free food, flexible scheduling, advancement opportunity
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, no job security
Fast paced work environment, fun, great structure.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Zaxby's was a fun place to work at with a very colorful and fun crew. It had great structure and was an easy establishment to work for.
Pros
Good management support, Good overall workplace environment, Free lunch, reliability, fair pay
Cons
High turnover employment, Long hours, Working every weekend
Disliked working here
Cook (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 30, 2016
Management was terrible. We would run out of texas toast. Have to borrow it from other Zaxby's in the area. never learned anything new. Everything was always rushed and hardly ever clean.
Pros
free lunch when you worked a double
Cons
no benefits
Fun to work, Nice customers, and good tips
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Great place to make tips, but the hourly pay is not good at all. $3.13 hour paying job is never good anywhere.The best week to work at Sonic is during the Christmas Holiday week due to customers giving large amount of tips to carhops to show their love and appreciation for working during the holidays.
Pros
Free drinks and ice cream, 50% discounts on food, great health benefits
Cons
Low hourly pay, and no raises
Zaxby's
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 28, 2016
A company with a family culture with advancement opportunities and plenty of growth within the company. It can be a challenge when you are short staff but when you have great people it's not bad.
Pros
great pay
Cons
health care plan
Great and professional workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GeorigaOctober 6, 2015
Zaxbys was a great place to work, it was my first job and it taught me a lot of things I needed to know for the future. Taught me things such as handling money, greeting customers in a appropriate way, how to deal with problems when the customers weren't happy and how to work as a team with my co-workers. The managers were great at their job and kept it professional at all times, but if I had any personal problems I could talk to any of the managers about it without it getting in the way of doing our job. I think the hardest part of my job was having customers who were so rude to me, but the most enjoyable part were the customers who made me smile. I am a very big people person so you could see why people can either make my day or sometimes hurt my feelings.
Pros
50 % off discounts!
Cons
Only a 15 cent raise.
Working at Zaxby's
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCJanuary 25, 2016
Zaxby's for a first job was decent. My co-workers were the best as well as management. On a typical day if it is busy I'd take orders,expedite orders, and help cook if needed. Also I would clean the dining area when ever I had a chance. On a not so busy day we would get sent home early which I really didn't like. When I was a cook I would prepare the food and wash dishes. The hardest part of the job to me personally was working as a cook when it was busy. If you didn't have good help you would get backed up. The most enjoyable part to me were being around the people and meeting new people.
Pros
50% discounts, The people
Cons
Part Time, Short hrs
A fun and productive family workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 7, 2016
My typical at Zaxbys is fun I help keep the front house clean and organized. Also to take customers orders and make sure they are taken care of and the food is handed out correctly. While working at Zaxbys I learned how to make crotons and change out the Free Style drink machine. When it comes to management the managers take good care of all their employees. The one thing that made me choose this work place is also the other employees are great to work with and have the bet attitudes. The hardest part of the job would be trying to lift the big tea urns. and the most enjoyable part is seeing everybody everyday.
Pros
A flexible schedule and a nice working place
Cons
there really are not any cons
Great Chicken & Great Culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GaSeptember 24, 2015
Exciting company with numerous benefits. Consisted of a mission statement that really resonated with me and my values as a leader. Long and busy days that consisted of team building, P&L Management, scheduling, coaching and developing, etc. Overall a decent experience, but the executives with the company made the job work/life balance a bit non existent.
Pretty good
COOK (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 17, 2015
It was not a bad job. The management was kind of immature. It can be very repetitive and boring. Pay sucked as it was $7.25. Was promised a raise after 6 months and never got it.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
bad pay
Fast working environment yet kept to be rather fun
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Winder, GA as well as Dacula, GAJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at work required opening and closing paperwork, resolving customer complaints and concerns, running the front cashier portion of the workplace.
Management made sure to keep everyone on their toes while continuing to make the workplace as professionally fun as was possible.
The hardest part of the job would need to be the customers who were dissatisfied with their experience and/or food.
My favorite part of the job would be the interaction I was able to have with other people and doing what I could in order to make their day better.
Friendly and professional environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJuly 1, 2016
Zaxby's was a very fun place of employment. The environment was very fast paced, which I thoroughly enjoyed. While there I learned valuable customer service skills as well as developed professional relationships with all of my co-workers. While I enjoyed my co-workers, I also was fortunate enough to have great managers, who were great about offering advice and help whenever myself or any of the employees needed it and it is something I have learned to do as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers, assisting with problem solving, and making sure all the employees and customers were happy. To me, the job really had no hard or less enjoyable parts,
Pros
Free food, great learning experience, great relationships
Cons
pay rate compared to work to be done
Irritating, difficult
cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work there would be drive-thru 8 hours, full customers and trying to keep drive time low.
I learned how to handle customers of all kind and how much kindness can come a long way.
Management was not very pleasing. I was harassed as to why I no longer work there.
Co-workers were pretty nice, dealt with what needed to be dealt. Kind of stingy though and a little rude.
Hardest part was doing drive-thru by myself which even said by management is nearly impossible to work with one window for everything but it got done without complaints to hard work.
The most enjoyable part is learning people from all cultures and backgrounds.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
harassment, rude, non flexible
Fun workplace with many things to do
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2016
A day at work would be going in and having to deal with the rush of customers through the day and night. We never really had a slow time there since we were close to the airport. I've learned what it was like as it was my first job in the food industry and that there are many guidelines we have to go through when dealing with food. I enjoyed the coworkers I worked with and we would always end the night with something good over our shoulders. The hardest part would be ending the shift since there was so much cleaning when I was still there. We wouldn't be done as quick as we can due to the amount of stuff we had to do at the end of the night.
Pros
Coworkers, environment, food
Cons
Management, workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zaxby's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8