Zaxby's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,288 reviews matching the search
cool place to work but unorganized
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 11, 2016
I came in to work with the mindset that I would need to bear most of the workload. Because for the most part i did the whole catering prosess along. Learned to multi-task and develop better time management. Hardest part of the job was taking the fall for anything bad that happened and not recieving any praise when things went correctly.
Pros
free zaxbys and family like co-workers
Cons
no benefits
Very productive and everyone was a team working together and getting the job done.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 20, 2015
A typical work day at Zaxbys was to greet customers, and since I was advanced I did the drive-thru window job which consisted listening for orders, placing orders, and sending out orders in a timely manner. I've learned that it's very important to listen and further more concentrate on the customers needs. The management team was helpful as well. They took charge and let things flow in order. They made sure everyone was doing their job. My co-workers were my co-workers. They were not my friends, so I say hello when I arrive and have a great evening once I leave..There was nothing hard about my job and I loved everything about it!
Pros
Great lunch
Cons
No benefits
Unfair and poorly managed
Cook (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 24, 2016
I came in to work with the mindset that I would need to bear most of the workload because my co-workers did not show up or were inexperienced and not properly trained. Learned to multi-task and develop better time management. Hardest part of the job was taking the fall for anything bad that happened and not recieving any praise when things went correctly.
Fun to work, Nice customers, and good tips
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Great place to make tips, but the hourly pay is not good at all. $3.13 hour paying job is never good anywhere.The best week to work at Sonic is during the Christmas Holiday week due to customers giving large amount of tips to carhops to show their love and appreciation for working during the holidays.
Pros
Free drinks and ice cream, 50% discounts on food, great health benefits
Cons
Low hourly pay, and no raises
Disliked working here
Cook (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 30, 2016
Management was terrible. We would run out of texas toast. Have to borrow it from other Zaxby's in the area. never learned anything new. Everything was always rushed and hardly ever clean.
Pros
free lunch when you worked a double
Cons
no benefits
Fun place to work at, Amazing atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Statham, GAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work was great. My co-workers were amazing and the atmosphere was always positive. Management met the promises of giving their employees a raise every six months. I learned that not every action deserves a reaction and that arguing your point to a higher authority was unneccessary as long as I knew that I was doing the correct thing. The hardest part of working there was probably when it got really busy and trying not to come off as rude to the customers because I was trying to get the food out looking well and making sure every plate was plated correctly.
Pros
Atmosphere and people around were very nice and very helpful. We looked out for each other.
Cons
They would schedule us understaffed often.
Productive with quick advancements
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2016
Zaxby's provided opportunity to grow in business management. I excelled through their management program. I enjoyed the people I worked with. For me it was just time to get out of the food industry, the hours are too crazy.
Pros
Free meals, with advancement opportunities and bonuses.
Cons
Late nights, and a lot of hours for it to be salary.
Great and professional workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GeorigaOctober 6, 2015
Zaxbys was a great place to work, it was my first job and it taught me a lot of things I needed to know for the future. Taught me things such as handling money, greeting customers in a appropriate way, how to deal with problems when the customers weren't happy and how to work as a team with my co-workers. The managers were great at their job and kept it professional at all times, but if I had any personal problems I could talk to any of the managers about it without it getting in the way of doing our job. I think the hardest part of my job was having customers who were so rude to me, but the most enjoyable part were the customers who made me smile. I am a very big people person so you could see why people can either make my day or sometimes hurt my feelings.
Pros
50 % off discounts!
Cons
Only a 15 cent raise.
very fun and family friendly
Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calera, AlSeptember 5, 2015
I liked working at Zaxby's. They were always flexible around my schedule and I had a good relationship with management. We worked as a team to get food out as quickly as possibly while still maintaining a fun attitude. We made sure every guest was taken care of properly and that any issues that arose were taken care of promptly and with a smile. The hardest part of Zaxby's was keeping up with Zaxby's standards. Its not too difficult but you had to do things like keeping enough food down for the volume of people while making sure everyone's food was as fresh as possible. This meant you had to know how to properly control food. You never wanted to end up with too little or too much. I loved the employees. It is very easy to embrace the environment at Zaxby's since it is fun and very friendly.
Pros
free food, flexible scheduling, advancement opportunity
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, no job security
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 17, 2016
Zaxbys is really fun and laid back. I rather work somewhere at more of a fast paced work area. It doesn't off many benefits so that is as well another disadvantage of Zaxbys.
i loved coworkers and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GAFebruary 1, 2016
I really loved serving my customers and taking their orders and I had a great time meeting new people and helping people. A typical day was busy and good.
Pros
free goodies, treats, food discounts
Cons
not enough hours and not great income no benefits nor opportunites
Nice employees and management
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCDecember 16, 2015
Everyday was a busy day at work. It was easy because of the help from managers and other employees. I learned how to talk professionally and how to act in a real workplace. There is no hard part of my job. I enjoy working with people who helps and make the job easier.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
Good Place
Cashier, Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 1, 2015
Atmosphere, employees, and guest were great to work around. There were health benefits and bonuses for everyone. Great place to work yet management is some what unpleasant but know how to get the job done.
Pros
Benefits ajnd Atmosphere
Cons
management
They have a great admotsphere to work around
Front of house manager (Former Employee) –  vidalia gaAugust 11, 2015
While I worked at Zaxby's I worked as a front of house manager. I loved my job. My problem was when a person got an advancement it went to their head and they thought that they could talk to everyone however they wanted.When I started standing up for myself, that was when my problems begin. I knew that it was kind of a sexest place to work but it really reared it's ugly head. When women were not hired to cook in the kitchen because they are a female.There were certain duties that the women assistant managers are not allowed to do. For instance: like making the truck order or on truck day unloading the truck. Only the men had a key to the warehouse. When the "menfolk" didn't like what a female employee said or did they found some way to fire her. Instead of listening to both sides of the story the manager only listened to his male assistant.Never asking employees what was really going on.
Pros
eat free, got tee shirts, got to work at special events when we sponsered them
Cons
no benefits unless you were an assistant manager
Great Chicken & Great Culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GaSeptember 24, 2015
Exciting company with numerous benefits. Consisted of a mission statement that really resonated with me and my values as a leader. Long and busy days that consisted of team building, P&L Management, scheduling, coaching and developing, etc. Overall a decent experience, but the executives with the company made the job work/life balance a bit non existent.
Pretty good
COOK (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 17, 2015
It was not a bad job. The management was kind of immature. It can be very repetitive and boring. Pay sucked as it was $7.25. Was promised a raise after 6 months and never got it.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
bad pay
Productive and very professional work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALJuly 17, 2015
A typical day at work was very calm sometimes busy but was never to hectic. My experience working there was great an I was able to learn good customer service skills and improved my communication skills. The hardest task would be cleaning the lobby, restrooms and etc. at closing time, but the help of employees and managers we was always able to get everything done in a timely manner. The management and staff was very friendly, but professional which is what I enjoyed most because I found it easier to ask questions when needed. As a result I gained much experience from this job that would become helpful in my future endeavours.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
not many benefits, discounts are not much
Fun place
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2015
working at zaxbys is pretty much fun. Managers are nice an co-workers. Just the lack of hours and workers. no insurance or benefits unless you work full time
Cons
lack of insurance
Fast paced work environment, fun, great structure.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Zaxby's was a fun place to work at with a very colorful and fun crew. It had great structure and was an easy establishment to work for.
Pros
Good management support, Good overall workplace environment, Free lunch, reliability, fair pay
Cons
High turnover employment, Long hours, Working every weekend
potentially good workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMarch 16, 2016
Overall working at my Zaxby's location was very stressful, as we were always short staffed. We had to work harder to make up for the workers who were not present. Through this it developed my diligence so, it was a very good learning experience,
Pros
General manager was helpful
Cons
turnover and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zaxby's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8