Zaxby's Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,363 reviews
cool place to work but unorganized
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 11, 2016
I came in to work with the mindset that I would need to bear most of the workload. Because for the most part i did the whole catering prosess along. Learned to multi-task and develop better time management. Hardest part of the job was taking the fall for anything bad that happened and not recieving any praise when things went correctly.
Pros
free zaxbys and family like co-workers
Cons
no benefits
Disliked working here
Cook (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 30, 2016
Management was terrible. We would run out of texas toast. Have to borrow it from other Zaxby's in the area. never learned anything new. Everything was always rushed and hardly ever clean.
Pros
free lunch when you worked a double
Cons
no benefits
Unfair and poorly managed
Cook (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 24, 2016
I came in to work with the mindset that I would need to bear most of the workload because my co-workers did not show up or were inexperienced and not properly trained. Learned to multi-task and develop better time management. Hardest part of the job was taking the fall for anything bad that happened and not recieving any praise when things went correctly.
Very productive and everyone was a team working together and getting the job done.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 20, 2015
A typical work day at Zaxbys was to greet customers, and since I was advanced I did the drive-thru window job which consisted listening for orders, placing orders, and sending out orders in a timely manner. I've learned that it's very important to listen and further more concentrate on the customers needs. The management team was helpful as well. They took charge and let things flow in order. They made sure everyone was doing their job. My co-workers were my co-workers. They were not my friends, so I say hello when I arrive and have a great evening once I leave..There was nothing hard about my job and I loved everything about it!
Pros
Great lunch
Cons
No benefits
Fun to work, Nice customers, and good tips
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Great place to make tips, but the hourly pay is not good at all. $3.13 hour paying job is never good anywhere.The best week to work at Sonic is during the Christmas Holiday week due to customers giving large amount of tips to carhops to show their love and appreciation for working during the holidays.
Pros
Free drinks and ice cream, 50% discounts on food, great health benefits
Cons
Low hourly pay, and no raises
Fun place to work at, Amazing atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Statham, GAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work was great. My co-workers were amazing and the atmosphere was always positive. Management met the promises of giving their employees a raise every six months. I learned that not every action deserves a reaction and that arguing your point to a higher authority was unneccessary as long as I knew that I was doing the correct thing. The hardest part of working there was probably when it got really busy and trying not to come off as rude to the customers because I was trying to get the food out looking well and making sure every plate was plated correctly.
Pros
Atmosphere and people around were very nice and very helpful. We looked out for each other.
Cons
They would schedule us understaffed often.
Productive with quick advancements
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2016
Zaxby's provided opportunity to grow in business management. I excelled through their management program. I enjoyed the people I worked with. For me it was just time to get out of the food industry, the hours are too crazy.
Pros
Free meals, with advancement opportunities and bonuses.
Cons
Late nights, and a lot of hours for it to be salary.
Great and professional workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GeorigaOctober 6, 2015
Zaxbys was a great place to work, it was my first job and it taught me a lot of things I needed to know for the future. Taught me things such as handling money, greeting customers in a appropriate way, how to deal with problems when the customers weren't happy and how to work as a team with my co-workers. The managers were great at their job and kept it professional at all times, but if I had any personal problems I could talk to any of the managers about it without it getting in the way of doing our job. I think the hardest part of my job was having customers who were so rude to me, but the most enjoyable part were the customers who made me smile. I am a very big people person so you could see why people can either make my day or sometimes hurt my feelings.
Pros
50 % off discounts!
Cons
Only a 15 cent raise.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 17, 2016
Zaxbys is really fun and laid back. I rather work somewhere at more of a fast paced work area. It doesn't off many benefits so that is as well another disadvantage of Zaxbys.
very fun and family friendly
Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calera, AlSeptember 5, 2015
I liked working at Zaxby's. They were always flexible around my schedule and I had a good relationship with management. We worked as a team to get food out as quickly as possibly while still maintaining a fun attitude. We made sure every guest was taken care of properly and that any issues that arose were taken care of promptly and with a smile. The hardest part of Zaxby's was keeping up with Zaxby's standards. Its not too difficult but you had to do things like keeping enough food down for the volume of people while making sure everyone's food was as fresh as possible. This meant you had to know how to properly control food. You never wanted to end up with too little or too much. I loved the employees. It is very easy to embrace the environment at Zaxby's since it is fun and very friendly.
Pros
free food, flexible scheduling, advancement opportunity
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, no job security
i loved coworkers and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GAFebruary 1, 2016
I really loved serving my customers and taking their orders and I had a great time meeting new people and helping people. A typical day was busy and good.
Pros
free goodies, treats, food discounts
Cons
not enough hours and not great income no benefits nor opportunites
Easy job and fun to work at, but no raises and poor management.
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNSeptember 17, 2016
The job started out great but soon starting going down hill after several promised raises ( Not even asked for but were promised to be given) to several employee, including myself, were not given until several months later. Scheduling after the General Manager was fired quickly became very bad, having not near enough employees on days we were busy, even though many employees said they were available, and having too many when they were not needed resulting in high labor costs. However, it did teach people skills and cultural diversity skills. Co-workers were the better part of the job keeping it entertaining and mostly upbeat. 50% off meals was nice too.
Pros
Discounts, co-workers, learning to deal with diverse groups of people
Cons
No raises, poor scheduling.
Nice employees and management
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCDecember 16, 2015
Everyday was a busy day at work. It was easy because of the help from managers and other employees. I learned how to talk professionally and how to act in a real workplace. There is no hard part of my job. I enjoy working with people who helps and make the job easier.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
Very productive place
CASHIER & COOK (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 23, 2016
I loved working at Zaxby's if the management (Owner) was better. I enjoyed working here as my first fast food job ever. Working here much much different for the day to day inside the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning the business. The hardest part was keeping up with all the customers and business needs. I loved my co-workers and managers.The owner was rude and need more experience working as a business owner and giving respect. All the managers wanted me to become a manager because of my outstanding job working there and my willingness to help where ever needed within the business. Great place for the start of anyone's career or job search, but very productive place. As they stated " If you got time to lean, then you have time to clean", so their was never a down moment.
Pros
Great place to start off
Cons
Healthcare, short breaks/no breaks, bad management
Productive and team work revolved place.
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work was cooking chicken/fries/toast, cleaning the kitchen, having friendly conversation as you work, and being able to eat some delicious chicken at a discount! This job really showed me how beneficial it is to work as a team and how to work as a team. Management was really good about checking in with everyone seeing how their day was going or if something was bothering a co-worker they would do their best to try and resolve any issue. The hardest part about the job was breaking down the kitchen at night to clean everywhere, but I loved knowing that that kitchen was cleaned spotless every night. The part I loved the most about the job was going home tired because I knew I cooked a bunch of great food for a lot of customers and I got to get up the next day (after a long deep sleep of course) and do it all over again.
Pros
Great teamwork, good management, discounted meals
Cons
A lot to clean at night!
Hot kitchen....little pay.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 26, 2016
After you're thrown into the kitchen you're obliged to figure out the Zaxby 'lingo.' You train on the side, using the computer, as an afterthought. I learned how fast food worked. The management is strict. The co-workers are a mixed bag....some of them were hostile, while others were very cool. The hardest part of the job was trying to rush to hit 'artificial' restaurant numbers, rather than the rush to serve customers. There's lots of fast movement, and realistically the place was often under-staffed. The most enjoyable part were the people who were nice, and helpful.
Pros
It was conviently close to nearby apartments, and stores.
Cons
The company would rather throw away food, than let employees take left overs.
A good place
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 27, 2016
Zaxby's has a great core concept and philosophy of executing at or above the standard. The idea behind Zaxby's is that there are no customers but guests. Everyone you come into contact with is a guest and your job is to make that persons life better. Whatever it takes. Zaxby's is a place that sells chicken to pay the bills so that the majority of the management can develop talent in the coop.

The issues pursuing Zaxby's at this point are rapid expansion into previously unknown markets which means that a large number of high caliber and high experience management are hired into the company. In doing this a great deal of bosses exist but few bosses are wiling to get dirty when they are a manager. In this Zaxby's suffers by losing sight of what is happening in these pioneer markets and losing good people.
Pros
Pay and Benefits are top notch
Cons
mangement is usually cut-throat. People don't earn promotions they hurt one another for them.
Friendly and professional environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJuly 1, 2016
Zaxby's was a very fun place of employment. The environment was very fast paced, which I thoroughly enjoyed. While there I learned valuable customer service skills as well as developed professional relationships with all of my co-workers. While I enjoyed my co-workers, I also was fortunate enough to have great managers, who were great about offering advice and help whenever myself or any of the employees needed it and it is something I have learned to do as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers, assisting with problem solving, and making sure all the employees and customers were happy. To me, the job really had no hard or less enjoyable parts,
Pros
Free food, great learning experience, great relationships
Cons
pay rate compared to work to be done
Irritating, difficult
cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work there would be drive-thru 8 hours, full customers and trying to keep drive time low.
I learned how to handle customers of all kind and how much kindness can come a long way.
Management was not very pleasing. I was harassed as to why I no longer work there.
Co-workers were pretty nice, dealt with what needed to be dealt. Kind of stingy though and a little rude.
Hardest part was doing drive-thru by myself which even said by management is nearly impossible to work with one window for everything but it got done without complaints to hard work.
The most enjoyable part is learning people from all cultures and backgrounds.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
harassment, rude, non flexible
Wonderful job until they brought in a new General Manager.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 25, 2016
My issue with working as an assistant manager at zaxbys was the new Genral manager they brought in. He was very hostile and mean. He was lazy and expected one other manager and I to do all the work. He had terrible communication skills. Instead of trying to talk the problem out and solve it he jumped to conclusions and yelled at you. He never took his responsibility of being the head manager to come in when we were short staffed. Other than that working for zaxbys was a great job and I loved it. The hours are crazy and long but that's for every fast food joint.
Pros
Wonderful crews. Free food.
Cons
No breaks if we were busy. No benefits.

2.8