Zaxby's Employer Reviews

Great place for first job
Shift Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 2, 2014
Zaxby's gave me my start in customer service. A typical day was taking orders and cleaning. The management was great. The co-workers were like a big family.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 30, 2014
I enjoy working at work at Zaxby's, It was really a good work experience.
Manger plays favorites and now raises are given.
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Paragould, ARJune 30, 2014
The GM is very young and still plays favorites. If you aren't one of her close friends who enjoy partying with her then the job is awful. When she wants to throw a party for a holiday she will give all of her friends the day off and make everyone else work a double. The schedule doesn't come out until 8 or 9pm the night before the next work week because – more... she is two busy drinking and going to clubs. there are people who have been there for years and haven't gotten raises. she can't handle pressure and treats her employees like vermin. I would not recommend the job to anyone. – less
Easy going environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Albany, GAJune 27, 2014
Pros: 50% off during work days
Cons: no break room, night shift no breaks
Work with interesting individuals and learn basic customer service skills.
Great experiance
Cashier (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 23, 2014
Pros: 50% of lunchs, great team
Cons: management
Working here was a great experience with customer service, did not really like the management but the other team members were great and made you feel like a family.
company expectations do not reflect the pay scales.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Clemson, SCJune 23, 2014
Pros: hours of operation
Cons: unrealistic expectations
over all, the company is un willing to embrace changes in the work force. They want NASA engineers but want to pay for ditch diggers.
cashier.
Team Member (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJune 19, 2014
great job. good pay. flexible hours . always support your decisions.
Crew (Former Employee), Pooler, GAJune 19, 2014
this was a great place to work until money went missing and they blamed me for it knowing I didn't take it...
Horrible work experience
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Palatka, FLJune 18, 2014
Pros: free drink with work and free first meal, discount on meals.
Cons: negativity, attitudes, sexism.
On a typical work day, first, I would walk in and clock in. Then, I would check the lobby first to make sure I could see what needed to get done. I usually would check the tea and see if I needed to brew more. I would also check the napkin dispenser and the drink lids and straws area as well. Usually this was my main duty as well as wipe down tables – more... and sweep and checking the bathrooms every 15 minutes. Of all the things I learned from this job its that there are companies who hire you based on the size of your female assets and they are and can be sexist. The management was ok. My co-workers were ok to me when others where horrible towards me and treated me badly. The hardest part of the job was getting used to how everyone treated me. the most enjoyable part well, there wasn't really anything enjoyable about it the point being I hated working there. – less
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Macon, GAJune 17, 2014
The company is a good company to work for and it has a great enviroment
Fun but challenging
Cashier (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAJune 16, 2014
Pros: long breaks, and great crew members
Cons: rush hour
Being a cashier at Zaxbys was a fun but difficult task because it was my first job. I was coming into something which I had no type of experience in, but the general manger told me in my interview that my smile lights up a room and my resume was really good. So I was hired right on the spot. I was really nervous about working the register because I – more... didn't want to mess anything. I had a few bumps in the road when it came to expediting the food because everything was moving so fast my first day. The atmosphere was great and my crew members were very welcoming. We each brought different personalities to our workplace and enjoyed each other. This job taught me the value of having your own money and learning how to deal with others. I would say the most challenging part of this job was how rush hour because everything hits you at once between the hours 2-5pm it seems like Zaxbys was the main attraction in Georgia. But for the most part it was a really cool experience for me. – less
Great Company
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Grayson, GeorgiaJune 16, 2014
Fast paced environment where multi tasking is critical. If you cannot see yourself working as part of a team I don't think Zaxby's is the place for you.
Real teamwork experience and very productive fast food work environment
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2014
- Serve customers at cash registers placing orders and handling money.

- Maintain a clean lobby/dine-in area.

- Co-workers very friendly, also, and willing to help their own co-workers.

- Hardest part of job is having quick service in a fast-paced work environment, within work area and dealing with customers.

- Two most enjoyable part of job is – more... maintaining good relationship with co-workers and customers and learning about the workplace. – less
Okay job for a first time employee
Cashier (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAJune 15, 2014
The best part of the job was the co-workers that you were involved with on a day-to-day basis. The management was unstable and we never kept a manager for more than a few months. There is no structure to the management and the pay was way too low for the tasks that you are asked to perform.
fun,learning experience for first time job
Cashier (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 14, 2014
I met a lot of great people while working at zaxbys. they always kept a nice, clean, respectful environment. the management was hard on us but it was only for the better. the most enjoyable part about the job was the work day went by fast and it was very easy to catch on.
Productive with minor issues
Food prep (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: short-distance to previous address
Cons: felt uncomfortable around certain staff
Typical day included consistently cleaning the dining area, taking the trash out, calling/serving trays to the customers, preparing cole-slaw and other condiments, helped out in the drive thru, etc.

Co-workers, for the most part were fine to work with.
No room for advancement and pay scale never adjusted
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee), Weaverville, NCJune 12, 2014
Pros: wonderful coworkers and a very fast paced environment
Cons: no room for advancement
I worked for Zaxby's for almost a year and never recieved a raise. When asked about proper compensation the managers gave me the run around for almost 5 months. When deciding to quit, after placing my two week notice, they came out with a new policy to give each individual a varying pay scale determined by their knowledge of the company.
Fun place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCJune 11, 2014
Zaxby's was a great place to work at, great people. The employers truly cared about their employees.
Organized,Fast Paced,Productive
Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 11, 2014
My favorite job with manager duties. I had great employee whom were very helpful and made my job delightful.
Productive and Fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Macon, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: charging food, flexible schedules, friendly staff
Cons: no benefits, no raises
My typical day at work would be to clock in and automatically I'm either on drive-thru our taking orders at the counter. I'd be bagging food and calling out order numbers. Cleaning during slow periods of time. Closing at the end of the day.
I've learned a lot about team work. We need every single member to keep the job flow going.
The management is – more... awesome. They work with us with our schedules and keep us in a safe working environment.
My co-workers are amazing. I've gained great friendships that I will never forget. It has been an over all great experience for me.
The most enjoyable part about working at zaxby's is the people I work with. – less

1 2 3 4 5