Zaxby's Employee Reviews

Fun place to work but needs better leadership
Cook (Former Employee), Columbia, TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: discounts on the clock and off the clock, great team work, wonderful for a first job
Cons: Hire way to many people at one time, better customer service is needed
I feel like Zaxbys is a great first job for anyone looking to get experience in the food service industries. But with that being said it could be better. At many times during a shift their would be a time when one side of the line is being rushed and the other side is moving very slow. The normal thing to do is to help the other side complete the order and make sure that all the food is fresh for the customer. Some days food would stay in the warmer way longer then it was supposed to. Therefore when the customer got it, it wouldn't be as fresh as it would be if the line was maintained properly.
fun work environment with a great team
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: overall great place and team, a lot of communication
Cons: $7.60 an hour
Fast paced, learned to multitask. Operated drive thru during busy hours which caused some stress but the team always eager to lend a hand.
Overall Review
Cashier (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on food
Cons: Too much sarcasm
Zaxby's was your typical fast food, but it was geared towards the rich. The manager was flexible with all employees. Our restaurant was given the highest award for customer service and so on. I had a hard time working with co-workers, but I did my best on getting through the day.
Good job for high school kids
Supervisor (Former Employee), ooltewah, tnJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good environment, fast paced
Cons: Hit or miss management, can get overworked
Typical workplace for high school students, give or take on management. Also gave money for college to pay for books and other expenses. more experience and training gave you raises.
Starter job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Bishopville, SCJuly 23, 2015
That was my first job and it came with it's good days and bad ones. I learned all about leadership and responsibility. The management team was good. The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers but enjoyed the time spent there sharping my work ethic.
Productive and very professional work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Trussville, ALJuly 17, 2015
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: not many benefits, discounts are not much
A typical day at work was very calm sometimes busy but was never to hectic. My experience working there was great an I was able to learn good customer service skills and improved my communication skills. The hardest task would be cleaning the lobby, restrooms and etc. at closing time, but the help of employees and managers we was always able to get everything done in a timely manner. The management and staff was very friendly, but professional which is what I enjoyed most because I found it easier to ask questions when needed. As a result I gained much experience from this job that would become helpful in my future endeavours.
Professional quality restaurant experience, where my skills may be utilized to the maximum extent which provides an EXECPTIONAL hospitality experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2015
Typical days at work for me are like sunshine, especially when I know that I've been blessed to see another day; "why not treat someone with kindness"? I learn new things everyday at work from customer's and employee's, how we can get the job done working together as a team! Customer's are an important factor in any business, as well as the employee's so it teaches me how to not only be a great manager but a great LEADER!!!!!!!
Good first job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Strict rules
This was my very first job and I was here for almost 2 years. The work was not hard, unless taking orders, punching them into a computer and cleaning is hard for you. It's not a bad place to work although the rules can be strict.
Great first job
cashier (Current Employee), Athens, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: The pros about my job is that a good working enviorment
Cons: The cons are that its only a part time job and I do not have any benefits.
A typical day at Zaxby's would consist of bad and good customers some are rude, others are very nice you just have to know how to talk to them so things do not escalate to a worse problem. I have learned that the more you talk to the customer no matter how much of a rude person they are being at the end of the day they are pleased that they were given great service. The managers I have are very great . They know how to approach you if there is a conflict with out you feeling bad about yourself . They do not insult you or any of that .My co-workers are also very enjoyable I love working with them all of us working together helps us give all the customers the great service they need . I think the hardest thing about my job is when we are having a rush time, sometimes things get so aggravating you start to lose focus and some start to get mad but keeping your patience and a positive attitude everything continues to go good.The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can not only work but have fun with the people I work with. At the end of the day we can all joke around and have fun working together .That is what makes me enjoy my job.
Productive workplace with family atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Promotions
Cons: Cleaning
I enjoyed my time at Zaxby's and loved the family atmosphere there. I would recommend it to any teenager or other looking for a job.
Productive workplace.
Cook (Current Employee), Dublin, GAJuly 15, 2015
I learned how to work as a team and we had a 50% discount on our lunch. We were able to take breaks when we wanted too. We did not receive benefits that was the bad part about it.
Food & Restaurant
INTERIM GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCJuly 14, 2015
This is a fun, fast paced environment with opportunities for advancement. An extremely fast growing company all over the country built upon good morals and caring upper level management.
Job is mostly for students that don't really need money
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 13, 2015
This job is awesome, depending on the management. The pay is okay ,but only if you really don't need too much money to live off of. The pay kind of sucks though. Small raises
Cashier (Former Employee), Manning, SCJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, flexible work hours
Cons: None
A typical day at Zaxby's consisted of being productive and greeting each customer with a smile. I learned the importance of providing excellent customer service, multitasking, and working as team to get the job done. My co-workers were very hard working, helpful, and energetic. I didn't find anything about this job to hard. The most enjoyable part was promoting our new products, working as team, and being in such a positive, clean environment.
A fast paced environement with great food
Cashier (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJuly 8, 2015
A typical day of work included taking peoples orders, taking up the money, and then getting their food out. Cleaning was a huge part as well. Overall it was a good environment to help get through high school.
Fast-paced environment with positive communication
Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, KYJuly 8, 2015
Every day was good, no matter how busy. Every crew member brought something to the team, both for service, and for keeping our own spirits up. The management was visible, helping if needed, and holding pleasant discussion occasionally.

Now, especially with the inevitable abnormally-small team some nights, I can't say every day was excellent. As with any customer service job, the customers could unreliably make us quiet or busy at the drop of a hat.

Not everybody knew what they were doing, and that caused problems with miscommunication sometimes, but communication is quite prevalent there, so it wasn't as common as you might expect.
Productive and busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Douglas, GAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: half price lunch
Cons: short breaks
The job was very fast paced. The managers were very nice and understanding. I didn't get enough hours as I wanted too. My fellow coworkers were helpful to me and had patience training me for the job.
I enjoyed working with my co workers
Line Cook (Current Employee), Thomson, GAJuly 6, 2015
Cons: No breaks, poor management, no room for advancement, low wages
The hourly employees seem to care more about customer service than the mangers. The managers are unprofessional. Managers also go around and discuss one employees business with other employees.
Good place to work for part time work.
Crew Member (Part-time) (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Discounted food
Cons: Sometimes you cant take a break
Clock in for work. More than likely you will be assigned to a cash register at either one of the two on the front counter or at the drive thru and that will be your position for the end of the day. There is 1 manager working that shift. Sometimes two. Co-workers are just like at normally any other job. Hardest part may be some customers that you may have to deal with, however sometimes meeting customers can be enjoyable as well. Depending on the person, keeping up with time on the drive thru and cleaning may be the only hard part of this job.
Very fast paced but an enjoyable staff
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Albany, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Discount on lunches
Cons: No Comment
Those days start off with greetings from your co-workers and managers.
Once there is some down time we like to get the tedious operations done so that we won't have much to do come closing time.
With the managers there are some you enjoy working with and some not so much, but overall they are pretty cool.
I learned many things working at this establishment and it was very good learning experience.
The most enjoyable part working at this establishment would have to be the co-workers to me they are what makes working there enjoyable.
The hardest part I must say is when you overflow with customers that part can be very stressful especially on Friday nights.