Zayo Group

Zayo Group Employer Reviews

Learned about telecommunication industry in general and worked on projects for multiple departments.
Premier Account Sale Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, ColoradoJuly 7, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: poor management
Zayo Group
AAV Construction Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia AreaMarch 7, 2014
Pros: learning experiences
Cons: getting laid off
Zayo Group downsized as a result of contract completions and the merger with AboveNet. I was hired as a temporary employee which resulted in getting laid off as a result of the business downturn. I throughly enjoyed applying my construction to the Telecom Industry and would like to further my career in this industry.

I've worked in the construction – more... industry for 10 years and particularly enjoyed my experience with Telecom construction. The fast-paced, dynamic nature of the work provided many new learning opportunities. I enjoyed applying the skills learned while obtaining my Construction Management degree, e.g., managing the sub-contractors, preparing documents, executing contracts, obtaining permits, updating plans, etc. I also liked being part of a team and the exposure to new construction challenges in the Telecom industry. – less
Zayo / Work/Life
Employee (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: work from home.
Cons: horrible management / work hours
They require you to be available 24/7 - and I mean really available. OT is not only normal, but ridiculous. Echo other reviews - they give no heads up on cancellation of job.

Poor management. They are overly reactionary in their daily work life, and have very little experience in how to run day to day operations pro actively. They are obsessed with – more... closing contracts to start billing, and leave little room for issues, and will work you non stop until they can start billing customer.

The benefits from working from home are the only benefits. This is a small company who's sole concern is sales and the bottom line. They will kill your life and have no regard for employees. Sad company. This is a complete corporate idealism. Look up the company, it's founders, and you will see why it is this way. – less
Serious and Dedicated Workforce
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, COOctober 5, 2012
Pros: flexible
Cons: long hours
You must be committed to learning new processes as you move your way through the company.