Zayo Group Employee Reviews

nothing to do
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 14, 2015
very poorly managed warehouse setting. no work to be done. this was just the warehouse, not to be confused with the actual offices in Louisville and Boulder, which are apparently pretty cool. But, the warehouse was a joke.
Good, but Inconsistent
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 5, 2015
Pros: Company growth, recently went Public, option to work remotely, stable financially
Cons: Inconsistent commission structure, revolving changes in upper management, long approval process for customized client solutions
A typical day at work:
- mornings are filled with prospecting accounts
- emails and phone calls made on existing accounts
- arranging meetings/calls uncovering new opportunities
- engage with product groups and engineering to better strategize opportunities along with embedded base

What you learned:
- how to work with top savvy Fortune 50 customers
- how to sell up market

Management:
- Experienced and knowledgeable
- Sometimes hard to track down
- Inconsistent answers for customized solutions
- Changing commission structures and capping payouts make this hard to make any money consistently

Your Co-workers:
- All good people
- Great teamwork and camaraderie

The Hardest Part of the Job:
- Constant changes in product folks and focus
- Changes in commission infrastructure that is not in line with ever raising quotas

The Most Enjoyable:
- the people are most enjoyable part
- good team-oriented approach
Stay away!!!
sales executive (Former Employee), NYCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: too many to list but bad management certainly at the top of the list..
Company's main focus is acquiring other companies and the actual running of day to day operations gets lost in the ensuing confusion. Management consisted of small minded individuals who thought they knew the business inside out and everyone else had no clue. In my experience , the exact opposite was usually the case. Much more focus on closing sales than getting the implementation done correctly and on time. I wouldn't work for Zayo regardless of the compensation as the culture is toxic with zero guidance from those in charge..
Fun people, terrible place
Analyst (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 12, 2015
Pros: challenging, interesting, growing company
Cons: poor management styles, no support, little training
The work is challenging, interesting, and always changing. It's a great industry to be in and Zayo along with its employees are working hard to be successful.

Office management is turning into micromanagement. When I was hired as a full-time employee I was under the impression that Zayo encouraged personal management and position innovation. Currently, however, at the auxiliary office in Boulder the only option is to work within the parameters set by upper management.

The energy management is spending policing its employees would be better spent elsewhere. Boulder is creating a culture that could be found in an office on the corporate landscape full of unimaginative pencil pushers, not a culture of an entrepreneurial company that the CEO purports it to be.
Learned about telecommunication industry in general and worked on projects for multiple departments.
Premier Account Sale Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, ColoradoJuly 7, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: poor management
Zayo Group
AAV Construction Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia AreaMarch 7, 2014
Pros: learning experiences
Cons: getting laid off
Zayo Group downsized as a result of contract completions and the merger with AboveNet. I was hired as a temporary employee which resulted in getting laid off as a result of the business downturn. I throughly enjoyed applying my construction to the Telecom Industry and would like to further my career in this industry.

I've worked in the construction industry for 10 years and particularly enjoyed my experience with Telecom construction. The fast-paced, dynamic nature of the work provided many new learning opportunities. I enjoyed applying the skills learned while obtaining my Construction Management degree, e.g., managing the sub-contractors, preparing documents, executing contracts, obtaining permits, updating plans, etc. I also liked being part of a team and the exposure to new construction challenges in the Telecom industry.
Zayo / Work/Life
Employee (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: work from home.
Cons: horrible management / work hours
They require you to be available 24/7 - and I mean really available. OT is not only normal, but ridiculous. Echo other reviews - they give no heads up on cancellation of job.

Poor management. They are overly reactionary in their daily work life, and have very little experience in how to run day to day operations pro actively. They are obsessed with closing contracts to start billing, and leave little room for issues, and will work you non stop until they can start billing customer.

The benefits from working from home are the only benefits. This is a small company who's sole concern is sales and the bottom line. They will kill your life and have no regard for employees. Sad company. This is a complete corporate idealism. Look up the company, it's founders, and you will see why it is this way.
Serious and Dedicated Workforce
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, COOctober 5, 2012
Pros: flexible
Cons: long hours
You must be committed to learning new processes as you move your way through the company.