Zealcon is an IT and Software development company specializing in a variety of corporate solutions to help companies succeed and remain competitive. Services we provide include ERP Solutions, Application Design, Integration Services, as well as Nearshoring. We've been in business since 2005 and have the pleasure of working with many Fortune 500 companies such as Home Depot, Verizon, Arctic Cat, and Monsanto. Zealcon offices are located in the heart of downtown Tulsa, and offer striking views of the downtown area, free valet parking (or self-park if you prefer), free Keurig coffee, monthly catered lunch, and lots of restaurants nearby in walking distance. We pride ourselves on our laid-back office environment and culture which provides employees versatility in their schedule and the option of casual dress. With a full benefits package, competitive pay, bonuses, and the opportunity to gain valuable industry knowledge and training, Zealcon is a premier IT firm for the best and brightest in the industry. We are growing by leaps and bounds and are excited about the opportunities this growth provides for qualified candidates.
The successful candidate will be working for Zealcon client Monsanto, a multinational agriculture biotechnology corporation headquartered in Creve Couer, Missouri. *No travel is required. They will be a member of the TPS team within Monsanto to test enterprise-level Java, .Net, and Oracle applications. Each team is comprised of a project manager, business analysts, software developers and testers. These teams design, develop, and test Monsantos enterprise-class R&D software. The individual will be responsible for performing integration and system testing for each iteration of the development life cycle. They will also need to implement test scripts based on requirements created by the Business Analyst and will be responsible for logging the defects identified during testing.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience using SoapUI to verify web services.
- Fully understands the software development life cycle
- Minimum of 5 years US experience as a tester in an IT testing organization.
- Possess solid SQL skills.
- Strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, and problem solving skills.
- Work and/or educational experience in an agricultural, biotechnology, or life sciences industry highly desired.
Candidates who succeed in this fast-paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of functional skills.
- Has the ability to perform at a high level of accomplishment and willingness to learn new technologies and practices.
- Works cooperatively with others.
- Encourages participation.
- Values the contribution of all team members.
- Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles.
- Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology.
- Persistent in the pursuit of results.
- Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communication.
- Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing.
- Listens carefully, solicits other opinions.
- Creates new channels of communication between IT and other business functions.
If you think have what it takes to be a part of the Zealcon team, or if you have additional questions about the position, contact us today.
We look forward to hearing from you!