Zebra Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place, don't contract here
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holtsville, NYMay 16, 2016
Being on contract makes you feel like an outsider. Depending on your contracting company, you can have little to no benefits at all with no hope of full-hire. Job security is terrible, you can be out of a job one day with little to no notice.

People you meet are great, but you'll find a majority of them disappear one by one until you're the only one left. Depending on position, advancement is near impossible.
Pros
Nice people, cool events, good environment
Cons
No advancement, stagnant, little motivation
Good Place to work
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Holtsville, NYJune 29, 2016
Overall it was a solid place to work. I gained a lot of experience. The intern program is top notch, many peers each year. Management is very good at placing interns and making it so you actually learn and do new and interesting things each day. Would defintiley recommend gaining experience at Zebra.
Cutting Edge of Plastic Card, Bar Code Label Printing
Technical Test Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 26, 2016
The division of Zebra Technologies I worked at was located in California. Both times I was a temporary employee. The department manager treated me with respect, listened to my input and was a great person to work for.
Just a Seasonal position
Seasoned Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 28, 2016
I was able to learn types of work I was not familiar with however the culture was positive although my co-workers were somewhat immature and treated each other like high school.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
no stability, just a seasonal job
Good company with no direction
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILFebruary 8, 2016
The product offerings are good, the products themselves are good, and the market Zebra services is large and devoted. Management doesn't have knee-jerk reactions, they have full blown seizures, firing up to 10% of the workforce after a bad quarter, only to have to retrain and hire new workers. There is no advancement, it's an old boys club, and there's no incentive for it to change at all.
Long on vision, short on depth
RFID Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 13, 2016
Company's only concern is trying to raise the stock price back up to where it was prior to the purchase of Motorola Enterprise division.

It is a literal interpretation of Ouroboros, without the positive connotation, as the company is literally eating it's self.
No MFG in the US
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holtsville, NYJune 28, 2016
If you like to travel to China and train them to do your MFG job and be on calls in the late hours of the night, so you can be laid off, then Zebra is the place for you.
Vice President Global Procurement (Current Employee) –  Holtsville, NYMay 1, 2016
Great place to work. Merger of Printer Group with Motorola Mobile Computing is a great strategic fit. Organization is committed to developing its employees.
Great comapny with awesome people.
Senior embedded software engineer staff (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MarylandJanuary 11, 2016
Great company to work with. Excellent people. Great benefits. Great learning, you get to choose where you would like to excel in your career depending your immediate supervisor. Good health benefits and vacations. 401K matching 6 %.
Pros
non
Cons
listed above
Wonderful environment to work, great people
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAApril 27, 2016
Zebra was a wonderful place to work, with good people and positive attitudes. I have learned a lot over the ten years I was with the company. I started out as an Executive Assistant but several years ago, moved up to the role of Business Analyst working with the Supply Chain organization. During my time in this role, I learned a lot and especially more advanced skills in Excel. I took on a lot more responsibility in this role, handling multiple projects at a time. I built very strong relationships not just within the Zebra organization but outside the organization as well, these relationships were primarily with our supply base, most of which were in Asia. I was fortunate to travel to China to visit suppliers and handled the coordination of a large scale supplier summit every year in China.

Overall, I only have good things to say about Zebra and had a positive experience working for them, if there was one small negative thing to mention is that Zebra are outsourcing many of their jobs to other countries, primarily Asia, thus many good people are losing their jobs because of this.
Sr. Front-End UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2015
We design, manufacture, and distribute life changing products and solutions to our customers, businesses, and people around the world. Our wide portfolio provides our customers with the tools they need to operate quickly, reliably, and effectively in the moments that matter. In this project, I cooperated with our team member to finish online shopping process. I also implemented website layout and some of the behaviors of the webpage.
Good co-workers - poor managers
pressman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WINovember 8, 2015
This company has no knowledge of printing industry standards. 5S not done. unprofessional managers who micro-manage ruin what could be a great place to work. There are better companies to learn the printing trade from.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Extremely poor management
Nice place to work good co-workers.
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hill, ILJanuary 8, 2016
My co-workers were great people and Friendly.
Had a nice environment and good customers.
The location was convenient and the building new.
Everyone is different
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 21, 2015
It's not for me to say what is good and bad about a place. Everyone is different and is entitled to their opinion. Everyone's experience is different.
One Day at Zebra
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Holtsville, NYSeptember 7, 2015
Start at 8am. I review all emails make some phone calls, I talk to my co-workers about any project we are working on together then I organize all the information to provided feedback about how the project is doing and what is been complied. Then I create new designs for labels for the company's new products.
Pros
I work out at lunch time at work
Cons
non
Amazing place and people to work with
Process Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 27, 2015
I had a truly enriching experience during my internship at Zebra. My co-workers were very talented and extremely helpful in every aspect. I was given full flexibility to complete the tasks in my own preferred way and the opportunity to learn many things.
Excellent work environtment
Client Care Administrator (Current Employee) –  ILSeptember 19, 2015
A typical day at work is steadily busy but the company provides all the technology and resources required to succeed.
My coworkers and teammates are proactive and ready to help others.
The managers are open to listen and learn from the experience of the team.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
N/A
Nice place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 17, 2015
Good place to work, it was my first job so it was a long time ago. Learned to get what you want you need to work hard and the co-workers were always fun to work with.
Pros
the pot lucks
Cons
Low pay
We all got let go by Motorola
Warehouse Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 12, 2015
I have nothing good to say, except they gave us a year notice when they let us go. They used to give us lunches, and treat us better, but that is no longer the case. We're not even allowed in the building that our work helped to provide.
Cons
No longer a caring company
Good to work with
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 26, 2015
Much information has to be dug up independently. Knowledge building on the problem at hand can take a while. Attitude of workers was positive.
Management was reticent in letting contractor know in advance when the last day was. Time frame for contract was longer than expected but HR is changing that time limit. 18 month contract seems to be the new limit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zebra Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.