Zebra Technologies Employee Reviews

Not for me
Line Packer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WIFebruary 10, 2017
This position was not for me at all. I worked NOCs while I was employed with them. I was very bored standing around just boxing up material. The shift lead I had was a great lady!
No Balance in Work Life
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Holtsville, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Constantly expected to be available at any time 7 days a week. Very difficult working conditions/expectations. Always pushing to do more and more with less.
Pros
Great people and teams
Cons
no regard for personal life
Overall, a company to work for
Technician -- Spheron Staffing Services (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Very cultural diverse. The people are friendly and helpful. Good thing is mysic on saturdays. Every day was just another day on the job. Little room for advancement.
Productive and fun
ENGINEERING CRITICAL RESPONSE TEAM (Current Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 3, 2017
Pre-sales and post sales support of Windows enterprise tablet. IT infrastructure support of image deployment. Good working environment
Very nice place to work
Configuration associate II (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 15, 2017
Very nice employees and very good teamwork. A good place to work and the work was easy to learn. It was one of the best jobs I've had.
Innovative organization
Senior Manager, Human Resources LATAM (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Zebra is an organization with a good vision and strategy for the industry it belongs. Leader in enterprise systems and data management. The company is now going through a major organizational culture adjustment after the carve out acquisition of Motorola enterprise.

The leadership is still going through changes and evolving in its style and message. The team is dynamic, energetic and fun. The company has competitive benefits and pay.

The most important learning for me has being establishing the organization once the acquisition process began. Six entities were established in different negotiations took place. Benefits and pay harmonization was implemented within the first year. The project was challenging yet rewarding and exciting.
Pros
Paid time off policy
Great People..Nice atmosphere
Site Consultant IT Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Very relaxed atmosphere. People are very friendly. Management is great. There is always someone there to answer your questions. They have activities that involve everyone and make it fun.
Pros
never got introuble for being late
Cons
was not hired permanent
Fun and caring work place.
Principal Technician (Current Employee) –  Holtsville, NYDecember 29, 2016
A great Environment to work in. Very clean and caring. Co-workers are great and willing to help. the company is willing to help you in any way they can.
Pros
willingness to help people
Cons
Fun work place and friendly environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILDecember 1, 2016
It was a good place to work, and not a heavy job either. Every one was friendly to each other and the place had it's own cafeteria. The managers were great too and always tend to have a conversation with you.
Pros
Cafeteria, Drive to eat, friendly environment
Cons
Company was moving
A positive work place, but little to no chance of advancement for contractors
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holtsville, NYNovember 29, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Zebra. The environment is fairly low stress, the management has always been understanding. The work is engaging.

The problem is that if you are a contractor, you do not get health benefits, and you will likely not be hired on full time.
Healthly Growing Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILNovember 29, 2016
Great place to work and grow. Good benefits and potential. Hard work is rewarded and training available. Approachable management. Highly recommend this company.
Gret Company and management to work for
Temporarily worked as a Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working for the company and working as a team. Coworkers and management made the work enjoyable. I have learned much about scanners.
Pros
Schedule and Training
Cons
Temporary
Wonderful Atmosphere
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILNovember 11, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of making phone calls to partners all over the country promoting Zebra products for the mobility portion of their company.

I learned that mobile computers can increase productivity in a warehouse by over 14%, thereby creating more efficient time for their employees.

My management team was great! I reported to 3 people-all that held different roles in the company.

My co-workers were AWESOME! We all supported one another 100% of the time.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to provide a product to the customer when it was unavailable.

The most enjoyable was making money for Zebra and helping the grow their mobility side of the business
Pros
Free birthday lunches with presents :)
Cons
No health insurance
Good Place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 2, 2016
A typical workday would for the most part be repetitive day to day but there were issues that arouse daily as well that needed immediate attention and direction.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Direction Co went
Zebra Technologies
Senior Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 26, 2016
Great place to work! I was well provided for when traveling. I met lots of great people and was introduced to some pretty fantastic locations while on the road. When not on the road, I was able to telecommute.These were the most enjoyable parts of the job for me.
Pros
Great benefits, nice work work areas/ locations, lots of travel
Fast Paced Manufacturer/Distribution Center
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 20, 2016
Management were all hands off and trusted my knowledge and decision making. Mostly repetitive with daily tasks but when issues arouse I handled them in a timely manner.
Pros
The support from management and supervisors to allow me to make decisions and solve issues promptly.
Cons
Moving Manufacturing to a contract manufacturer overseas and relocating to Texas.
Productive with great hours.
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  CA.October 9, 2016
Ditto from the title "Great hours with no appreciation"
Well on my way into my 2nd year with about the same experience except I am a temp with no movement to making me perm.
Quick to blame with no interest of what led up to the problem.

Working with co-workers is quite easy.

They seem to have a healthy budget for purchasing,.not for traveling.

Offered to support other tasks and team members inside my group (and learn something along the way) outside my immediate tasks but management quickly said no.
Offer to do other tasks (and again learn something along the way) but management said no.
I think I see a pattern here :)
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No overtime permitted...ever.
Productive and very fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 5, 2016
Well the company moved to Texas so there is only one repair center under zebra near the Chicago area. The time that I was there it was a good place to work. Not heavy work but was still a productive place.
Pros
Not a heavy job
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Zebra Review
Solutions Architect/Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 23, 2016
Zebra is a fast moving organization where project work has to be very detail oriented. Communication with all levels is key to successful deployments of projects at Zebra. It also key to be able to work with many companies and areas within the organization.
Very Busy converting Motorola Systems to Zebra
Business Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Holtsville, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Very Busy converting Motorola Systems to Zebra.
Many thing about system conversions and E-commerce store building. Specific to management , I learned how to parse work to people who report to me and how to keep the team focused on meeting deadlines.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Focus on many projects with minimal resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zebra Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9