Zebra Technologies

Zebra Technologies Employee Reviews

good place to work for
Services Finance Analyst (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ilJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Free Gym, coffee
Cons: not very flexible when it comes to working remotely
nice environment, friendly co-workers.
The headquarter building is band new, very pleasant.
Overall a very good company to work for.
Great Work Life Balance
Supervisor (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILJune 29, 2015
Ever changing, growing, expanding, moving... not sure what will ever happen... not sure if this this good or bad. Overall can't beat the good pay and benefits
Political environment, limited advancement opportunity
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAJune 23, 2015
Political environment, limited advancement opportunity; information often restricted to a need-to-know basis and not freely supplied. Cross-functional cooperation highly dependent on individuals as opposed to management by example.
Great place to learn
Inside Sales Intern (Former Employee), San JoseJune 17, 2015
Zebra encourages a learning culture that really helped me develop salesforce skills. I really enjoyed working with people from so many different backgrounds.
Excellent Company!
Contractor-Global Compliance Engineering (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJune 14, 2015
Pros: Perfect
Cons: None
Thank you, for the temp opportunity to work and see what your company's various divisions have to offer to creative employees. It's a typical worldwide multinational organization!
I am always give 100% percent of my work.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJune 9, 2015
I consider myself a hard worker and great attitude.
I am responsible and respectful to everyone in the work environment.
I always like to learn different job position.
I always look out for a safety environment.
I always finish my work on time.
Great Job Environment
Sales (Current Employee), Chicago, IllJune 2, 2015
Great Job Environment and solid management.Good job work and life balance. Good compensation and benefits. Good job security and advancement.
Good company, could be better
Sales (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and ability to work from home
Cons: Too many layers of management, too much travel
Zebra itself is a great company. The fact that it is mostly run by Motorola employees now is why everyone is jumping ship. No one feels secure and management is not doing their part to reassure everyone. The CEO is great, but everyone is concerned that the Motorola influence and way of doing things is too strong. Stick to the small company feel that Zebra once had. Simplicity goes a long way.
Good but not Great
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Holtsville, NYMay 6, 2015
The recent acquisition of Motorola Solutions is probably a good thing, but its going to take a while to sort out the structure and the management strategy. What this company needs is a culture change not another reorg.
A very positive experience.
Quality assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 15, 2015
Excellent place to work with opportunity for advancement and growth. Learned many aspects of Quality Assurance and interaction between production and quality departments.
Job Security is an issue when contracting
Program Manager (Current Employee), Holtsville, NYMarch 23, 2015
Great company to work, but I have never had job security here. It is hard to know if your contract will end or be extended with cuts and changes always happening.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Flowery Branch, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: working at a job they like and that provides growth.
Cons: physically demanding work causes health problems as they get older.
Money and steady employment go hand-in-hand with 24/7 work shifts. We have become accustomed to expect overtime pay when working more than 40 hours a week while working shifts in various industries. For some, the pros outweigh the cons, while for others, the reverse is true.
Overall this is a great company to work for they will be the number one company that will take over the mobile printing and health care printing .
System validation engineer (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIOctober 27, 2014
Great friendly working environment places to work, Bosses interact with their team and work closely together to achieve the same goal. management had a matrix settings.
Credit Analyst II
CREDIT ANALYST II (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, Illinois 60061October 23, 2014
Pros: lots of free food, birthday and holiday celebrations
Cons: no advancement opportunity within the credit department
The "day in the life of" a Zebra Credit Analyst II Representative is very demanding. Your day begins with a review of the previous days activities; follow up with accounts where additional collection activity is required, call back customers who had other order-related issues with resolution or to let them know you are still working on their issue, review internal emails for follow up with sales, account – more... managers, customer service representatives, etc.

The next phase of your day is the review of the "orders on hold report". Information from this report is reviewed to determine if orders should be released for specific accounts. In conjunction with the "orders on hold report" is the use of the "over the credit line report". Customer's credit lines are reviewed in relation to their open invoices and future orders to determine if current orders in the system can be released without carrying the customer over their credit line.

The rest of the day is spent contacting customers for past due monies and performing other tasks (like credit revisions processing) as assigned by management.

Management and co-workers are a thrill to work for and with. There's never a dull moment.

The hardest part of the job is the push to meet quarter-end collections goals. However, the goals are often met which is the most enjoyable part of the job outside of delighting each customer. – less
My manager was a challenge
Channel Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), lincolnshire, ILJuly 15, 2014
I loved working with the people, however my manager was a bit of a challenge.
Good work life balance. Innovative company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 17, 2014
I enjoyed growing with Zebra. I started in a different department and as the company grew, I was able to grow and get promoted within. Zebra is fair in their pay and has great benefits.
Confused Organization
Product Management Analyst (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, great work/life balance
Cons: no leadership
Everything is a fire drill. No real leadership so employees are constantly wondering what their job is and what there goals are. Have good products that cover up poor leadership and processes. No real training or growth opportunities.
Good
Assembler (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: location
It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. – more... It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. It was good. – less
Good work place
Repair Services Associate (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 10, 2014
My supervisor and co-workers are very helpful. The most thing I like in this company is teamwork, Everyone is ready to help each other including my supervisor.
I've been gone for a while, but wouldn't recommend that anyone work there
Sr. Channel Marketing & Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 8, 2014
During my time at Zebra, there was very poor leadership/managment
Headquarters