Zebra Technologies Employee Reviews

Good company with no direction
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILFebruary 8, 2016
The product offerings are good, the products themselves are good, and the market Zebra services is large and devoted. Management doesn't have knee-jerk reactions, they have full blown seizures, firing up to 10% of the workforce after a bad quarter, only to have to retrain and hire new workers. There is no advancement, it's an old boys club, and there's no incentive for it to change at all.
Great comapny with awesome people.
Senior embedded software engineer staff (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MarylandJanuary 11, 2016
Great company to work with. Excellent people. Great benefits. Great learning, you get to choose where you would like to excel in your career depending your immediate supervisor. Good health benefits and vacations. 401K matching 6 %.
Pros
non
Cons
listed above
Nice place to work good co-workers.
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hill, ILJanuary 8, 2016
My co-workers were great people and Friendly.
Had a nice environment and good customers.
The location was convenient and the building new.
Everyone is different
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 21, 2015
It's not for me to say what is good and bad about a place. Everyone is different and is entitled to their opinion. Everyone's experience is different.
Nice place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 17, 2015
Good place to work, it was my first job so it was a long time ago. Learned to get what you want you need to work hard and the co-workers were always fun to work with.
Pros
the pot lucks
Cons
Low pay
Good co-workers - poor managers
pressman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WINovember 8, 2015
This company has no knowledge of printing industry standards. 5S not done. unprofessional managers who micro-manage ruin what could be a great place to work. There are better companies to learn the printing trade from.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Extremely poor management
productive and good environment to do work
VMWARE/WINDOWS ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 30, 2015
It is my pleasure to work in this organisation.I have gained more about technical skills while doing work current project.
A fast paced and dynamic environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holtsville, NYOctober 30, 2015
I was always treated professionally and encouraged to to think of new ways to meet customers expectations. A very innovative company.
Sr. Front-End UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2015
We design, manufacture, and distribute life changing products and solutions to our customers, businesses, and people around the world. Our wide portfolio provides our customers with the tools they need to operate quickly, reliably, and effectively in the moments that matter. In this project, I cooperated with our team member to finish online shopping process. I also implemented website layout and some of the behaviors of the webpage.
Amazing place and people to work with
Process Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 27, 2015
I had a truly enriching experience during my internship at Zebra. My co-workers were very talented and extremely helpful in every aspect. I was given full flexibility to complete the tasks in my own preferred way and the opportunity to learn many things.
Excellent work environtment
Client Care Administrator (Current Employee) –  ILSeptember 19, 2015
A typical day at work is steadily busy but the company provides all the technology and resources required to succeed.
My coworkers and teammates are proactive and ready to help others.
The managers are open to listen and learn from the experience of the team.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
N/A
We all got let go by Motorola
Warehouse Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 12, 2015
I have nothing good to say, except they gave us a year notice when they let us go. They used to give us lunches, and treat us better, but that is no longer the case. We're not even allowed in the building that our work helped to provide.
Cons
No longer a caring company
One Day at Zebra
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Holtsville, NYSeptember 7, 2015
Start at 8am. I review all emails make some phone calls, I talk to my co-workers about any project we are working on together then I organize all the information to provided feedback about how the project is doing and what is been complied. Then I create new designs for labels for the company's new products.
Pros
I work out at lunch time at work
Cons
non
Good to work with
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 26, 2015
Much information has to be dug up independently. Knowledge building on the problem at hand can take a while. Attitude of workers was positive.
Management was reticent in letting contractor know in advance when the last day was. Time frame for contract was longer than expected but HR is changing that time limit. 18 month contract seems to be the new limit.
good place to work for
Services Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ilJuly 8, 2015
nice environment, friendly co-workers.
The headquarter building is band new, very pleasant.
Overall a very good company to work for.
Pros
Free Gym, coffee
Cons
not very flexible when it comes to working remotely
Great Work Life Balance
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 29, 2015
Ever changing, growing, expanding, moving... not sure what will ever happen... not sure if this this good or bad. Overall can't beat the good pay and benefits
Political environment, limited advancement opportunity
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJune 23, 2015
Political environment, limited advancement opportunity; information often restricted to a need-to-know basis and not freely supplied. Cross-functional cooperation highly dependent on individuals as opposed to management by example.
Great place to learn
Inside Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  San JoseJune 17, 2015
Zebra encourages a learning culture that really helped me develop salesforce skills. I really enjoyed working with people from so many different backgrounds.
Excellent Company!
Contractor-Global Compliance Engineering (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 14, 2015
Thank you, for the temp opportunity to work and see what your company's various divisions have to offer to creative employees. It's a typical worldwide multinational organization!
Pros
Perfect
Great Job Environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllJune 2, 2015
Great Job Environment and solid management.Good job work and life balance. Good compensation and benefits. Good job security and advancement.