ZEECO Employee Reviews

Great Company, If you fit in.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  22151 East 91st Street Broken Arrow, OK 74014August 19, 2016
I have been working here for over a year and love the atmosphere and friendliness. However, the minute you get a complaint on you they red tag you as you do not fit into their "culture". They like to save face but make it look like they aren't.

This is a privately held company though so its not anything like working for a publicly traded company with all the office politics. Great place to work but be on your guard.
Pros
Great atmosphere, unusual benefits as they are self insured. Lots of company events.
Cons
the "Culture". Be aware or be square.
fishing tournament
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 2, 2016
they do not let you advance your skills or paycheck or change departments. raises rarely happen but once a year even if you do get the option of advanced positioning. if you work in the office you get food catered to you all the time even if they are doing lays offs.
Family owned. Great benefits and atmosphere. Management below average.
Plasma Table Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2016
Management makes promises they can't keep. Unorganized. Good incentives and atmosphere though. Unnecessary meetings waste time and production. Very safe workplace.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Test FacilityMay 19, 2016
Good compensation and wonderful workplace culture. Co-workers were always willing to help. Very productive and fun place to work. I learned many additional skills. Always felt appreciated and respected.
Pros
Management and Coworkers were great.
Cons
Subject to downturns in the oil market, but they work hard to keep employees.
Good over all place to work
3D DESIGN DRAFTER (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 13, 2016
Worked for a year as a fitter/welder. Was asked to move to the drafting department. They paid for all schooling/training that was required to advance in the drafting field. Great co-workers and manager. Very fast paced environment.
Pros
Great benefits, great people.
Cons
Rushed to get the job done-impacts quality of work.
Great People to work with
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 18, 2016
Zeeco was a great place to work, company culture was very important to the CEO. As it grew it became harder to keep. I enjoyed working with our outside vendors and helping them to succeed to improve our product.
Pros
People
Cons
not flexible hours
Very hard working men on the floor
Welding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 23, 2016
The employees on the floor are very hard working and do as good of a job as possible with the time allotted. The Managers do a good job.
Average company, worried about themselves and not their employees
warehouse shipping and receiving lead (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, oklDecember 23, 2015
when work is there it is steady and good , but when it is slow they start cutting hours and pay. Not a team inviorment, but is good on safety.
management is one sided
1st Class Helper/ Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 17, 2015
only 1 way to do things and it is there way or it isnt done right. good group of guys but very hard to work with. they do take care of their workers as far as water breaks and safety though.
Terrible!
Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 5, 2014
Management doesn't trust the employees and generally thinks all employees are stealing secrets and sharing them with the competition. Why would they think that? Because that's how this company got started! If you want to work where you aren't trusted, where all your emails are read and where you are not valued, this is the place for you!

The co-workers are great although everyone walks around in fear of being caught saying "hi" in the hallways. Yes, you can't even say "hi" without being told to get back to work.
Cons
This was a good company to work for, great benefits
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for Zeeco, the benefits were great however the no time off could sometime effect your other oboligations.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Working On The Weekend
good benefits
Class A Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 12, 2015
It was a good place to work. Nice place to put your hood down and get some stuff done. The only down side was it was like working with a bunch of high school girls
Great Culture, not so great training
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 25, 2016
This is based on my experience with Zeeco Inc. in Broken Arrow, OK. There are many different product groups which may not have had the experience I had.

PROS: The culture of Zeeco is amazing. Very few companies compare to the amazing culture set by Zeeco. The CEO/President and all executive management are amazing, down to earth people who want you to become personally connected to the company as your own and foster several opportunities to do so (company picnic at the company Zink Ranch, Holiday parties, cupcake celebrations for birthdays, newly developed Young Professional Network, etc.)

Great opportunity to get meaningful work right from the start! My first day I received two "REAL" (because that's honestly how students and new employees term meaningful projects) projects. I was able to feel important from the start of my career.

They hire STRONGLY and majorly from their intern pool. This is good from a basic experience/exposure stand point but also is a major drawback as I lead into the CONS.

CONS: Poor Training- There is no real "training" for your position. You are expected to ask questions (many of which without industry experience/exposure, you don't know to ask). I had no previous experience with the industry nor the type of work I was doing. I didn't mind that, but I did mind that there is no structure in place that aided in guiding me to better understand how to do my job, the expectations for me, typical "need to knows/company standards" are not provided until you "need them" which is suppose to prompt you to talk to people and those with the experience
  more... were usually unavailable or having to help several others for undetermined amounts of time (usually a line of 4+ people waiting for assistance).

Under-defined Expectations: There were no formal evaluations (until March-ish) and really no metric to gauge work performance/progression of knowledge, other than how your work is "perceived" or your relationship with those providing the feedback (primarily the manager of the group and their more senior person in the group). This was really the hard part for me, as I desire feedback to improve on my work and that usually only presented itself during Group meetings where as a group we reviewed each others work. This could take upward to 6 months to happen, which by then I learned from others mistakes (and by observation of work performed) and just implemented into my future work; but the earlier work wouldn't reflect that knowledge.

There are no windows. I actually love that this is a cute little shared joked among the company; it really does suck that there are no windows but the camaraderie and humor that builds from knowing we all (CEO included) are without windows allows for great "what can we improve" conversation. But Seriously, it can become quite daunting being in the building all day, often at a computer with no ability to take in fresh air.

Generational Differences: This isn't so much a Zeeco specific CON as is industrial CON. The manager's are typically between the 55+ age, have been with the company since its inception and have a very different way of seeing how things should be run compared to the very young workforce (Zeeco has rapidly expanded over the last 5 years such that the majority of the engineers are between 0-5 years of experience within this industry, or are new to the company from some other industry/school) With that being said they Zeeco is far behind the curve with the implementation of a tier system to better structure the groups and expectations as well as appeal to the younger workforce they now have that desires to see the possible paths available for career progression.

Additionally, there really is no work/life balance. Management over the different groups all handle their groups very different, and I didn't have a difficult time requesting time off, but from the many other industries and bigger companies I've worked for, it was unsettling that Zeeco (as a company) did not seem to have considerations for work/life balance. Many companies have flex hours (alternative work hours to get every other friday off.). Zeeco did not have this and I was also required to work 8am-5pm everyday which did not work well with getting personal things done like moving, scheduling appointments for my car, having services performed or even calling for services to be performed, because it is the work schedule of most businesses leaving me to request time off that I wouldn't otherwise have to if I had flex time/days.

With that, I enjoyed my time with Zeeco. I gained great experience and much knowledge of the combustion industry, Flares, Incinerators, Burners, etc. I hope this is taken as constructive feedback as it is intended to be.
Pros
Great Culture, CEO and executive management is great
Cons
little/no training, no set metric for job duties/expectations, no windows, no flex days/hours for work/life balance
Saw Operator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 2, 2014
Had a lot of lay offs they was union also that was good good money got to move around a lot in the shop

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZEECO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7