Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great mission, poor management
Personal Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 4, 2016
The financial consultant program can provide a very valuable service to the military, but opportunities to serve in this capacity are extremely limited.
After going through hours and hours of training, monthly conference calls and continuing education, on demand Personal Financial Counselors are lucky if they get selected for even one assignment of a few days a year.
Management continues to solicit and hire more and more PFCs (check online) when the existing pool are seldom offered opportunities.
Perhaps if a smaller group of dedicated full timers were employed both the PFCs and customers (our military service members) would be better served. At one point there were full timers, but it seems that now only part timers are hired, perhaps because they do not qualify for any benefits.
Pros
Good mission to serve military servicemembers
Cons
No real opportunity to serve, disinterested management
Professional and Fair Company
CNIC Team (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Zeiders was one of the best companies I worked for and my experience was very rewarding. No company is perfect, people are not always easy to get along with and there is always room for improvement; but management always strived to ensure the employees and customers were treated fairly and with respect. Having worked with the CNIC Management team, I must say it was a truly amazing experience and I have no regrets. No two days were the same and being flexible and ready to deal with challenges became easy because of the dedication, commitment and professionalism displayed by this awesome team. It was not easy leaving but due to the nature of the business some things cannot be avoided, but nevertheless I would say, the experience was wonderful!
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Advancement
Horrible
Education Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 5, 2016
This company is a fraudulent company that steals from the government and steals from military. Zeiders abuses their staff. As a telework employee, we are often not able to get up to go to the bathroom, eat lunch. We are constantly berated, our jobs threatened. We are old that we must keep the partners "happy" and are not allowed to give military spouses accurate information regarding the "schools" that market to them - which are not schools at all - these "partners" are designed to take their scholarship giving them noting in return. It was a terrible experience. I was continually bullied by by supervisors and other staff who thought that by my speaking up I was going to ruin their cushy job - "certain" staff who would play the game were rewarded with less work. So if you are as corrupt as Zeiders is, it will be a perfect fit for you!
Pros
telework
Cons
corrupt, no lunch, no time to go to bathroom, pushed to keep vital information secret, violation of professional ethics, constant bulling and harrassment
Run...
SECO staff member (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 26, 2015
Mission is take as many calls as possible through the call center, serving spouses is secondary, no matter how many times the ever increasing phone script says otherwise.

If you are sick, you still MUST call into work long enough to "TRY" to find a staff member to call your appointments and tell them you are sick. If you can't find anyone, "YOU" MUST CALL YOUR APPT.'S YOURSELF AND TELL THEM YOU ARE SICK AND YOU ARE NOT COMING IN AND THEN YOU CAN BE SICK.There is NO company protocol for SECO in place to address this. The Answer is: DON'T GET SICK! THIS SHOULD GIVE YOU A CLUE ABOUT EMPLOYEE TREATMENT.

THIS COMPANY AIN'T NO GOOGLE
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Predatory and bullying management style
Great Company!
Contract Site Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2015
Great team. Works hard to please the government customer while providing balance and benefits to employees and keeping the mission of military family health first and foremost. No organization does it better!
Pros
I hope to work with Zeiders again!
Cons
Another company won the CNIC Fleet and Family Support contract :-(
It is a great place to work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 28, 2015
A typical day at work is never the same. Things would change quite a bit and that was o.k. I learned how to us Ultipro and Unanet. My co-workers are great. I got a long with everyone. The hardest part of the job is knowing that I need to leave due to a lay off.
Great job with great benefits but horrible upper management and advancement opportunities
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 5, 2015
I cannot honestly judge Zeiders as a whole, only the SECO contract. It was a great job and I loved the military spouses and my coworkers, but the supervisors and higher ups were terrible. Most supervisors knew less about the program than the actual staff. So asking a question was sometimes pointless. They would constantly give us new stuff to do without any type of training. They forced 50% of the staff to take on 93% of the calls while the other 50% chilled out all day.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Horrible management
IT Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 11, 2016
It was a great learning experience for anyone who is pursuing in IT. Everyone was a great to work with and couldn't for better co workers
Pros
non
Cons
non
High caseload of clients however brief solution focused treatment
Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2015
-Opportunity to facilitate groups
-See couples, individuals and families
-Work predominately with solution-focused, and CBT modalities
-Easy electronic health record to learn
-Expect to have one day each work week to see walk-in clients
Pros
Alternate Work schedule, federal holidays off paid
Cons
Expensive health care
Great employees but management unorganized
Education and Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 2, 2015
The company's philosophy to help the military community is admirable. However, some of the management is clueless how to lead their team and they do not provide enough positive reinforcement or encouragement to their team. The co-workers are wonderful and truly care about helping others.
Pros
work from home
Cons
disorganized, reactive management style
Supportive employer
Tier III Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kings Bay, GANovember 8, 2015
Zeiders is a supportive employer who values employees, clients and families. The company offers many incentives as well as alternative work schedules and annual pay increases.
Great experience working with military
Clinical Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 19, 2014
Great experience working with Navy service members and their families. Good team of co-worker at site. Addressed child abuse, domestic violence, marriage, family and individual issues. The job was interesting and rewarding. It could be stressful at times due to issues presented above. Sometimes is was hard to be objective but necessary to be of benefit to clients. Most enjoyable part was client's success.
Pros
Good locate coworkers
Cons
Primary Supervior out of state
Excellent employer
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge VASeptember 29, 2015
A typical day was fun. The management team is professional. The staff is great. Credentialing and privileging was fun to do. The company had a lot of events and parties for staff. The hardest part was we lost the contract.
Excellent Supervisor, few opportunities
On Demand Personal Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 18, 2014
Opportunities are tied to Federal contract so are sometimes sparse depending on funding of requesting units. Coworkers are congenial and we are encouraged to learn from and support each other (no backstabbing) Customers are diverse and interesting and management is pleasant. The hardest part is submitting documents after an assignment and making sure they conform to expectations (dictated by contract) it would be nice if instructions were clearer.
Think twice--Potential to do good things spoiled by local supervisor.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Belle ChasseOctober 26, 2012
Person in Louisiana in charge was an absolute control freak and micro managed the operation. She kept her thumb on people, denying any advancement and was an absolutely awful person to work for--zero professionalism--what could have been a fulfilling job was ruined by this woman's cold bean counting--steer far clear. The spirit of the folks stuck there is very low. She kept people busy doing meaningless paperwork to justify her existence.
Pros
potential to do good things for our military, but spoiled by leadership in charge.
Cons
wicked witch of the south for a leader. salary sucks--made it easier to leave.
No opportunity for advancement
EDUCATION & CAREER ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 16, 2014
Management is awful! You are on the phone the entire day. Call center environment with calls not being equally dispersed among the teams. Positions that are presented for managements as open are written for qualifications that are above the current management qualifications. No chance for advancements provided.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Goal-oriented Company with Integrity
Crisis Response Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Headquarters, WAMay 9, 2014
Zeiders is one of the most efficiently run and compassionate companies I've ever had the pleasure to work for. I am pleased with the level of experience and professionalism of my peers and my working relationships with management and my direct line Supervisor.
Pros
Good benefits, flex time, incentives
Cons
Salary ranges, limited sick time
Very employee friendly and focused
Personal Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLApril 22, 2015
Great company who cares about its employees and works with its employees to balance work and home. I had great training and supervision.
Pros
Great employees benefits.
Cons
It is a contractor and does not have full control over the employement arrangements.
Rewarding Work
Clinician/FAP Case Manager (Current Employee) –  VAOctober 9, 2015
If you want to have rewarding work, this is the company to work for. The salary could be higher, but you get a sense that you are really making a difference in the world
Served the needs of the people
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAAugust 9, 2012
When the focus is on delivering to the clients, great satisfaction, when Management becomes more focused on numbers than people, there is a problem and why a high turn over.
Pros
the satisfied customer
Cons
managment was ineffective, micro managers focused on numbers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zeiders Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. Reviews by Location