Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Creative Work Environment
Victim Advocate (Current Employee) –  Lemoore CaliforniaApril 17, 2014
This organization is highly supportive of its staff and the mission of the organization you will be contracted to work for. The climate is all about supporting our military and their families and I am literally bursting with joy and a sense of accomplishment each day I arrive and leave my work location. Zeiders and my organization are engaged in the community and recognize that no one lives in a vacuum. The outreach opportunities are so vast that you will be extremely connected with the community and support the immense concept of service with pride.

From a management concept, it has been wonderful experience working with true professionals. The team possesses both the credentials and the experience to manage a social service focused organization to the highest standards without crushing the spirit or innovative characteristics of the employees.

I highly recommend this organization.
Pros
great work environment and online training opportunities
Cons
pay
Professional and Fair Company
CNIC Team (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Zeiders was one of the best companies I worked for and my experience was very rewarding. No company is perfect, people are not always easy to get along with and there is always room for improvement; but management always strived to ensure the employees and customers were treated fairly and with respect. Having worked with the CNIC Management team, I must say it was a truly amazing experience and I have no regrets. No two days were the same and being flexible and ready to deal with challenges became easy because of the dedication, commitment and professionalism displayed by this awesome team. It was not easy leaving but due to the nature of the business some things cannot be avoided, but nevertheless I would say, the experience was wonderful!
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Advancement
Think twice--Potential to do good things spoiled by local supervisor.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Belle ChasseOctober 26, 2012
Person in Louisiana in charge was an absolute control freak and micro managed the operation. She kept her thumb on people, denying any advancement and was an absolutely awful person to work for--zero professionalism--what could have been a fulfilling job was ruined by this woman's cold bean counting--steer far clear. The spirit of the folks stuck there is very low. She kept people busy doing meaningless paperwork to justify her existence.
Pros
potential to do good things for our military, but spoiled by leadership in charge.
Cons
wicked witch of the south for a leader. salary sucks--made it easier to leave.
Great job with great benefits but horrible upper management and advancement opportunities
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 5, 2015
I cannot honestly judge Zeiders as a whole, only the SECO contract. It was a great job and I loved the military spouses and my coworkers, but the supervisors and higher ups were terrible. Most supervisors knew less about the program than the actual staff. So asking a question was sometimes pointless. They would constantly give us new stuff to do without any type of training. They forced 50% of the staff to take on 93% of the calls while the other 50% chilled out all day.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Horrible management
Excellent Supervisor, few opportunities
On Demand Personal Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 18, 2014
Opportunities are tied to Federal contract so are sometimes sparse depending on funding of requesting units. Coworkers are congenial and we are encouraged to learn from and support each other (no backstabbing) Customers are diverse and interesting and management is pleasant. The hardest part is submitting documents after an assignment and making sure they conform to expectations (dictated by contract) it would be nice if instructions were clearer.
Great experience working with military
Clinical Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 19, 2014
Great experience working with Navy service members and their families. Good team of co-worker at site. Addressed child abuse, domestic violence, marriage, family and individual issues. The job was interesting and rewarding. It could be stressful at times due to issues presented above. Sometimes is was hard to be objective but necessary to be of benefit to clients. Most enjoyable part was client's success.
Pros
good locate coworkers
Cons
primary supervior out of state
Great employees but management unorganized
Education and Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 2, 2015
The company's philosophy to help the military community is admirable. However, some of the management is clueless how to lead their team and they do not provide enough positive reinforcement or encouragement to their team. The co-workers are wonderful and truly care about helping others.
Pros
work from home
Cons
disorganized, reactive management style
No opportunity for advancement
EDUCATION & CAREER ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 16, 2014
Management is awful! You are on the phone the entire day. Call center environment with calls not being equally dispersed among the teams. Positions that are presented for managements as open are written for qualifications that are above the current management qualifications. No chance for advancements provided.
Pros
work from home
Cons
everything else
High caseload of clients however brief solution focused treatment
Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2015
-Opportunity to facilitate groups
-See couples, individuals and families
-Work predominately with solution-focused, and CBT modalities
-Easy electronic health record to learn
-Expect to have one day each work week to see walk-in clients
Pros
Alternate Work schedule, federal holidays off paid
Cons
Expensive health care
Goal-oriented Company with Integrity
Crisis Response Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Headquarters, WAMay 9, 2014
Zeiders is one of the most efficiently run and compassionate companies I've ever had the pleasure to work for. I am pleased with the level of experience and professionalism of my peers and my working relationships with management and my direct line Supervisor.
Pros
good benefits, flex time, incentives
Cons
salary ranges, limited sick time
Great Company!
Contract Site Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2015
Great team. Works hard to please the government customer while providing balance and benefits to employees and keeping the mission of military family health first and foremost. No organization does it better!
Pros
I hope to work with Zeiders again!
Cons
Another company won the CNIC Fleet and Family Support contract :-(
Served the needs of the people
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAAugust 9, 2012
When the focus is on delivering to the clients, great satisfaction, when Management becomes more focused on numbers than people, there is a problem and why a high turn over.
Pros
the satisfied customer
Cons
managment was ineffective, micro managers focused on numbers
Very employee friendly and focused
Personal Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLApril 22, 2015
Great company who cares about its employees and works with its employees to balance work and home. I had great training and supervision.
Pros
Great employees benefits.
Cons
It is a contractor and does not have full control over the employement arrangements.
It is a great place to work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 28, 2015
A typical day at work is never the same. Things would change quite a bit and that was o.k. I learned how to us Ultipro and Unanet. My co-workers are great. I got a long with everyone. The hardest part of the job is knowing that I need to leave due to a lay off.
Excellent employer
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge VASeptember 29, 2015
A typical day was fun. The management team is professional. The staff is great. Credentialing and privileging was fun to do. The company had a lot of events and parties for staff. The hardest part was we lost the contract.
High work ethic and great recognition of its employees
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2013
Zeiders Enterprises is a well established, veteran owned company with a high concentration in government work. Great company!
Pros
rewards, lunches, flexibility
Cons
n/a
Supportive employer
Tier III Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kings Bay, GANovember 8, 2015
Zeiders is a supportive employer who values employees, clients and families. The company offers many incentives as well as alternative work schedules and annual pay increases.
Horrible place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 15, 2015
Worked in the accounting department. Horrible management. Uncaring and backstabbing atmosphere. Cannot say anything good about the corporate office. Horrible working experience!
Love working for Zeiders
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 30, 2015
I've been working here for 2 years and I love what I do, the people that I work with, and my supervisor. It's the best job I have had yet, and the only reason that I am leaving is due to relocation.
Great place!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 20, 2015
A great place to work, the team works well together and works hard to support one another. Work/life balance is important to the company and they are flexible to make it work.
Pros
Work/life balance