Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great mission, poor management
Personal Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 4, 2016
The financial consultant program can provide a very valuable service to the military, but opportunities to serve in this capacity are extremely limited.
After going through hours and hours of training, monthly conference calls and continuing education, on demand Personal Financial Counselors are lucky if they get selected for even one assignment of a few days a year.
Management continues to solicit and hire more and more PFCs (check online) when the existing pool are seldom offered opportunities.
Perhaps if a smaller group of dedicated full timers were employed both the PFCs and customers (our military service members) would be better served. At one point there were full timers, but it seems that now only part timers are hired, perhaps because they do not qualify for any benefits.
Pros
Good mission to serve military servicemembers
Cons
No real opportunity to serve, disinterested management
IT Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 11, 2016
It was a great learning experience for anyone who is pursuing in IT. Everyone was a great to work with and couldn't for better co workers
Pros
non
Cons
non
Horrible
Education Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 5, 2016
This company is a fraudulent company that steals from the government and steals from military. Zeiders abuses their staff. As a telework employee, we are often not able to get up to go to the bathroom, eat lunch. We are constantly berated, our jobs threatened. We are old that we must keep the partners "happy" and are not allowed to give military spouses accurate information regarding the "schools" that market to them - which are not schools at all - these "partners" are designed to take their scholarship giving them noting in return. It was a terrible experience. I was continually bullied by by supervisors and other staff who thought that by my speaking up I was going to ruin their cushy job - "certain" staff who would play the game were rewarded with less work. So if you are as corrupt as Zeiders is, it will be a perfect fit for you!
Pros
telework
Cons
corrupt, no lunch, no time to go to bathroom, pushed to keep vital information secret, violation of professional ethics, constant bulling and harrassment
Professional and Fair Company
CNIC Team (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Zeiders was one of the best companies I worked for and my experience was very rewarding. No company is perfect, people are not always easy to get along with and there is always room for improvement; but management always strived to ensure the employees and customers were treated fairly and with respect. Having worked with the CNIC Management team, I must say it was a truly amazing experience and I have no regrets. No two days were the same and being flexible and ready to deal with challenges became easy because of the dedication, commitment and professionalism displayed by this awesome team. It was not easy leaving but due to the nature of the business some things cannot be avoided, but nevertheless I would say, the experience was wonderful!
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Advancement
It is a great place to work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 28, 2015
A typical day at work is never the same. Things would change quite a bit and that was o.k. I learned how to us Ultipro and Unanet. My co-workers are great. I got a long with everyone. The hardest part of the job is knowing that I need to leave due to a lay off.
Great Company!
Contract Site Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2015
Great team. Works hard to please the government customer while providing balance and benefits to employees and keeping the mission of military family health first and foremost. No organization does it better!
Pros
I hope to work with Zeiders again!
Cons
Another company won the CNIC Fleet and Family Support contract :-(
Supportive employer
Tier III Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kings Bay, GANovember 8, 2015
Zeiders is a supportive employer who values employees, clients and families. The company offers many incentives as well as alternative work schedules and annual pay increases.
Meaningful work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 27, 2015
Wonderful support of military families.
Good work-life balance
Co-workers are like-minded, service-oriented people.
Run...
SECO staff member (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 26, 2015
Mission is take as many calls as possible through the call center, serving spouses is secondary, no matter how many times the ever increasing phone script says otherwise.

If you are sick, you still MUST call into work long enough to "TRY" to find a staff member to call your appointments and tell them you are sick. If you can't find anyone, "YOU" MUST CALL YOUR APPT.'S YOURSELF AND TELL THEM YOU ARE SICK AND YOU ARE NOT COMING IN AND THEN YOU CAN BE SICK.There is NO company protocol for SECO in place to address this. The Answer is: DON'T GET SICK! THIS SHOULD GIVE YOU A CLUE ABOUT EMPLOYEE TREATMENT.

THIS COMPANY AIN'T NO GOOGLE
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Predatory and bullying management style
Rewarding Work
Clinician/FAP Case Manager (Current Employee) –  VAOctober 9, 2015
If you want to have rewarding work, this is the company to work for. The salary could be higher, but you get a sense that you are really making a difference in the world

Want to know more about Zeiders Enterprises, Inc.?

Ask a question
Excellent employer
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge VASeptember 29, 2015
A typical day was fun. The management team is professional. The staff is great. Credentialing and privileging was fun to do. The company had a lot of events and parties for staff. The hardest part was we lost the contract.
Great job with great benefits but horrible upper management and advancement opportunities
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 5, 2015
I cannot honestly judge Zeiders as a whole, only the SECO contract. It was a great job and I loved the military spouses and my coworkers, but the supervisors and higher ups were terrible. Most supervisors knew less about the program than the actual staff. So asking a question was sometimes pointless. They would constantly give us new stuff to do without any type of training. They forced 50% of the staff to take on 93% of the calls while the other 50% chilled out all day.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Horrible management
Great place!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 20, 2015
A great place to work, the team works well together and works hard to support one another. Work/life balance is important to the company and they are flexible to make it work.
Pros
Work/life balance
great
Emergency Case Management (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAJune 5, 2015
very helpful place for the public. coworkers were wonderful. the director was a nice. very exciting place. Like seeing the customer happy about getting a job.
Productive fun family friendly company
Ombudsman Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMay 31, 2015
The hardest part of this job is the temporary status of military families. Currently I am working with spouses of active duty members.
High caseload of clients however brief solution focused treatment
Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2015
-Opportunity to facilitate groups
-See couples, individuals and families
-Work predominately with solution-focused, and CBT modalities
-Easy electronic health record to learn
-Expect to have one day each work week to see walk-in clients
Pros
Alternate Work schedule, federal holidays off paid
Cons
Expensive health care
Very employee friendly and focused
Personal Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLApril 22, 2015
Great company who cares about its employees and works with its employees to balance work and home. I had great training and supervision.
Pros
Great employees benefits.
Cons
It is a contractor and does not have full control over the employement arrangements.
Horrible place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 15, 2015
Worked in the accounting department. Horrible management. Uncaring and backstabbing atmosphere. Cannot say anything good about the corporate office. Horrible working experience!
Great employees but management unorganized
Education and Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 2, 2015
The company's philosophy to help the military community is admirable. However, some of the management is clueless how to lead their team and they do not provide enough positive reinforcement or encouragement to their team. The co-workers are wonderful and truly care about helping others.
Pros
work from home
Cons
disorganized, reactive management style
Love working for Zeiders
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 30, 2015
I've been working here for 2 years and I love what I do, the people that I work with, and my supervisor. It's the best job I have had yet, and the only reason that I am leaving is due to relocation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zeiders Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. Reviews by Location