As an Electrical Engineer, you will be accountable for system designs as well as developing BOM’s to support sales and manufacturing in a diverse range of controls and systems engineering. Strong knowledge and experience specific to the Water/ Wastewater and environmental process control applications is required
1) Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
2) Understanding of three phase and single phase systems.
3) AC-DC power circuits and the conversion and transmission of power at various voltages.
4) Circuit breaker/ fuse sizing for power circuits.
5) An understanding of the NEC for power.
6) Harmonics experience relating to VFD applications.
7) VFD applications including start up, configuration and repair
8) Strong PLC, HMI, SCADA skills, both in troubleshooting and programming
9) Knowledge of process control communications networks and fieldbus structure
10) Knowledge of Radio communications networks
11) Education: Bachelor’s degree or better in electrical engineering/electrical engineering technology.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
1) Process Control Experience (e.g. Tuning PID Control Loops)
2) Familiar with Automation as it relates specifically to Water/ Wastewater and environmental applications
3) Industrial communications (e.g. TCP/IP, OPC, Profibus, Modbus, DeviceNet).
4) Excellent written & verbal communication skills in the English language
5) Ability to effectively manage time & complete all tasks as assigned by supervisor
6) Ability to design to NEC, NFPA, IEC specifications.
7) Understanding of UL (i.e. UL508A, UL698A)
Bachelors Degree and 2-5 Years of Experience Required