As an Electrical Engineer, you will be accountable for system designs as well as developing BOM’s to support sales and manufacturing in a diverse range of controls and systems engineering. Strong knowledge and experience specific to motor control, process control, and manufacturing applications is required
1) Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
2) Strong PLC, HMI, SCADA skills, in programming, startup, and troubleshooting
3) Familiar with industrial controls from Square D/Modicon, Allen-Bradley, and/or Siemens.
4) Industrial communications (e.g. TCP/IP, OPC, Profibus, Modbus, DeviceNet, EthernetIP).
5) Understanding of three phase and single phase systems.
6) Circuit breaker/ fuse sizing for power circuits.
7) VFD applications including start up, and configuration
8) Startup and commissioning experience for motor control and process control projects
9) Knowledge in the following areas is a plus; project estimating, process controls, tobacco applications, RFID, vision inspection, batch processing
10) Education: Bachelor’s degree or better in electrical engineering/electrical engineering technology.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
1) Process Control Experience (e.g. Tuning PID Control Loops)
2) AC-DC power circuits and the conversion and transmission of power at various voltages.
3) AutoCAD and Microsoft program experience.
4) An understanding of the NEC for power.
5) Knowledge of Radio communications networks
6) Excellent written & verbal communication skills in the English language
7) Ability to effectively organize your work, manage time & complete all tasks as assigned by supervisor
8) Works well with other engineers and end-users.
9) Ability to design to NEC, NFPA, IEC specifications.
10) Understanding of UL (i.e. UL508A, UL698A)