This position is accountable for the promotion and sale of a broad range of engineered solutions, products and services under the direction of the Sales Manager. Job tasks include the development of new sales opportunities across a variety of market segments that consist of end user, OEM, construction and commercial accounts. The main focus of the role is to sell solutions and products at both new and established accounts. The candidate must possess knowledge of electrical power distribution and control systems. The skills required of this position include the ability to present these capabilities to customers, contractors, consultants. The Outside Sales Engineer must utilize excellent product and process knowledge to be able to define and offer engineered solutions and products that satisfy a defined need. The salesperson must often educate customers on value pricing and application competitive advantages, and how they meet customers’ needs.
Routine tasks include customer site visits to understand and assist with the definition of the scope of work, development of job costs and determination of competitive selling price for the scope of work, negotiations with the customer and proper hand-off of all related job materials to Operations for successful execution. This position must coordinate pricing strategies, understand market conditions, related to the respective selling channels, develop intra-office relationships and adapt to changes that may affect the applicable area.
The territory is anticipated to include: Upstate/Western New York
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with accounts to fulfill Zeller’s vision – to be an invaluable partner to our customers and suppliers, a world-class solutions provider, and a leader in the industries we serve.
- Develop and build relationships with customers (business and personal)
- Identifies customer problems and/or needs
- Improve product knowledge in core product lines to increase customer reliability and confidence
- Visits and supports customer accounts
- Increase sales to existing customers
- Develop new customers within and outside current customer base
- Possesses knowledge of the product lines to be able to demonstrate, promote and discuss with customers
- Continue to lean the operations of Zeller Electric to improve customer service
- Regular travel requirements with some overnight travel
- Work with Inside Sales Team, Product Specialist and Manufacturers to improve customer service
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum two (2) year degree from an accredited college / university or experience
- Minimum of two (5) years sales experience
- Electrical / mechanical engineering degree or experience
- Electrical Distribution and Controls Knowledge
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent skills in decision making, negotiating, problem solving, developing peer relationships, organization and priority setting.
- Action-oriented and customer focused
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and competitive drive
- Ability to make decisions based on the values of the Corporation
- 401k, Medical and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Car Allowance, Computer and Cell Phone Provided
Indeed - 16 months ago
Lost? Kaman Industrial Technologies (KIT) has your bearings. As the distribution arm of Kaman Corp., the company supplies more than...