Zendesk Employee Reviews

Management does not walk its talk
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2017
There is a lot of talk about transparency and yet decisions are made in a vacuum at the C level and the why is rarely shared.

We have a reorg every 6 months or so and none of them seem to work.

People who have been around for a long time get treated differently then those who are most recent hires.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Favoritism, homogenous, too many reorgs
Zendesk Review
Enterprise Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
Overall great company and very good solution and product. It comes down to the 'type' of company one is seeking. They're roots were non-corporate innovative silicon valley engineer / product led company. Now over 2 years post - IPO, the culture mirrors other profitable SaaS companies like Salesforce.com as they must reach 1 Billion in revenue by 2020 to appease shareholders. Still predominately a mid-market 250-500 employee solution leader and West Coast driven.
Pros
Great Product and Solution
Cons
Enterprise Compliance Requirements creates challenges (RFP, NDAs, Security Assessments)
Customer focused
Help Desk Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 20, 2016
Customer focused company that provides good service to customers while educating them on the company product. Enjoyed assisting customers and helping others on the team.
Pros
The customers were the best
Cons
Long hold times
Zendesk is a great company
Developer Relations Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2016
I really enjoy working at Zendesk as an intern. I work with two different teams and touch upon a lot of interesting work, from internal tooling to APIs to developer relations. The people are nice and will go out of their way to help you out. The company is growing a lot and I believe Zendesk will reach it's goal of being a billion-dollar company by 2020. I hope I'm offered a full-time position.
Pros
Smart co-workers, tech talks (free lunches), snacks, IT equipment
Fast paced, wide range of duties
IT Support Desk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 16, 2015
Fast paced, friendly environment. Plenty of ambiguity to keep you busy all day. Lack of training on individual technologies is my main complaint. I enjoyed working with most of the people I came into contact with and was allowed to create and work projects that I found relevant.
Simple and beautiful
Customer Advocate - Tier 1, Support (Current Employee) –  Bonifacio Global Center PhilippinesJuly 20, 2015
* Focus on our customers and give them better experience with Zendesk

* I learn more about Zendesk ticketing (Triggers, Automations, Insights Data Analysis, Macros, Third Party Apps, etc.)

* Good co-workers and workplace one of the best

* Sometimes pressure on work

* When your customer is satisfies on your support
Pros
Free Snacks
good company in general
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoJune 25, 2015
good company in general with a lot of smart and down to earth friendly people,
company is in up trend with a a lot potential, free snacks, fruits, drinks, free lunch every monday.

cons:
Some new hired managers are very political and hard to deal with.
Company is located in middle market which is a very tough area with a lot of drug dealers, homeless, drunk men, you can see people get arrested almost every day.
Good work/life balance
International Online Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2014
Nice new office in a great dynamic company.
But too much politics.
Great company culture, high growth, fun
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Strong FP&A staff, knowledgeable and bright. Good team work environment and fun company culture.