Are you interested electrical engineering? Are you interested in consumer electronics? Do you have product lifecycle experience?
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of designing and developing successful consumer products with a significant differentiation and unique feature sets in the consumer electronics category.
Zendo, founded in 2013, is a South Florida-based technology company, creating, designing and manufacturing home monitoring and control products, and providing best-in-class apps and services to customers around the world. Combining innovative design with a compelling user experience, Zendo is developing a platform of affordable, easy-to-use devices for the connected lifestyle. Zendo products will be available from leading retailers and online providers in the United States, and internationally.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and lead the product life cycle for innovative consumer electronics products
- Demonstrate ability to select and develop the most feasible component architecture to best perform the required functions and features
- Be knowledgeable and forward-thinking regarding technologies in batteries, sensors, short and long-range wireless communication, audio/video surveillance, lighting, power management, optics, low-power components and solutions
- Research, design and implement highly reliable, scalable, extensible, maintainable, global, and operable products and platforms
- Previous experience work with audio/video streaming, optics and modern sensors
- Work with component suppliers to design the schematics to optimize components and maximize performance
- Work with the offshore manufacturing partners to create layouts, prototypes and final PCB assemblies
- Author and collect technical design documentation that fully defines all schematics, PCB layouts, assemblies, test procedures and the underlying methodology for the design decisions made as well as the methods used to prove the concept
- Research and identify cause of reported defects, malfunctions and issues to initiate corrective actions to effectively resolve them in a timely fashion
- Build systems that balance resources, constraints, requirements, and complexity by analyzing all possible options for designing and deriving the best solution based on sound analytical judgment
- Define complete schematics and components for each product to meet cost, performance, size, esthetics, thermal characteristics, responsiveness, schedule and manufacturability
- Identify and implement appropriate design, development and testing methodologies, best practices, coding standards, documentation and tools to verify the functionality and performance of the selected architecture
- Passion for working with technology and excitement for creating high quality consumer technology products, along with proven technical abilities and a forward-thinking approach
- Previous experience in building wireless audio/video recording devices, various sensors including accelerometers, gyros, temperature, humidity, gasses, dust, pollens, liquids, magnetometers, proximity, infrared and visible light
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience is required. Master of Science degree preferred;
- 8+ years of experience as an electrical design engineer; demonstrated successful development of a variety of consumer electronic products while taking increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and deployment tasks
- Strong familiarity with Apple computers and software, the Mac OS and iOS for mobile devices
- Rigorous attention to detail with focus on robustness, scalability and quality of products
- Thorough knowledge and experience in power management and battery technologies
- Highly skilled in hardware design, schematics, layout, engineering, integration and mathematics
- Strong experience in Wi-Fi and thorough knowledge on Bluetooth (LE/4.0) platforms
- Knowledge of regulatory and safety compliance requirements as well as environmental regulations
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership experience with the ability to motivate others and build consensus
- Excellent, communication (written and verbal), presentation, organizational, and customer service skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a small, fast-paced environment
Zendo offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
WHY WORK FOR Zendo?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility quickly for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: We offer a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business. * Work with latest technologies: As we lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Zendo places high value on our team culture including a standout holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.
Zendo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Zendo, founded in 2013, is a South Florida-based technology company, creating, designing and manufacturing home monitoring and control...