ZeniMax Online Studios

ZeniMax Online Studios Employer Reviews

Fun work enviironment, NO stability
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDDecember 5, 2014
Pros: pay is competative
Cons: no job security, you will lose your job with no warning
Depending upon your position, and manager work life balance can be challenging. There is not a big understanding with having a family either especially on a certain team. Whatever you do don't get pregnant.
Fun place to work
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDOctober 11, 2014
Excellent place to work; with a good culture. Opportunities to expand ones repertoire of skills were available.
Horrible place to work!
Designer (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: if you are on the right team, your co-workers can be nice and fun to work with.
Cons: extremely cheap company, only interview i've had that did not pay for travel expenses, horrible hr process to get hired, management is awful -- incredibly top-heavy -- 1 manager per 3 employees, creative direction completely missed audience resulting in 6+ wasted years in development.
Would not recommend any Zenimax studio to anyone. They are all wholly owned by Zenimax Media, a very large corporation that does not care one bit about its employees. Every employee is an interchangeable part to Zenimax, all can be replaced by anyone with no loss of efficiency, or so their incompetent management believes.

Free snacks to fatten up the herd (many, many overweight employees add to their health costs).

Game they worked 6+ years on has failed to live up to expectations. They have already had two layoffs (reductions in force), cutting 100+ employees each time. More layoffs almost certain to come over the next few months, don't hire in here -- go with a stable company.

Positive reviews of this company are either old (not in the last 6 months) or from the corporation's PR department. Beware!
It's great
Mark Kepner, Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great cuture, awesome people, plenty of job advancement opportunites
Cons: they will never hire anyone permanently unless you are top tier or lucky.
It's Awesome! It's Awesome! It's Awesome! It's Awesome! It's Awesome! It's Awesome! It's Awesome! It's Awesome!
Fun but scary industry
QA (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2014
Video games are fun; many of us can agree on that! But the industry is scary when you have a family to feed; it ebbs and flows, sometimes things are great and other times there are massive layoffs
I have left my job at ZOS on very good terms. I was with them for 5 years and decided to make a life change and move to a new state.
Customer Support Receptionist (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good work environment, people care about each other.
Cons: management needs some training in employee sensitivity
I worked at Zenimax Online Studios for 5 years and definitely consider myself still to be a member of the family. I watched it grow from 35 people to over 300. I am friends with my co-workers and this helps in the work environment to make things fun and interesting but still getting work done. Overall, I have learned and gained so much experience and good friends from this job. Happy and proud to say I worked here.