ZeniMax Online Studios Employee Reviews in United States

Very calm and relaxed atmosphere to work in
CS Agent (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 28, 2015
A very nice place to work where all the coworkers and management are very friendly and the entire atmosphere is very relaxed, allowing workers to have fun and be productive at the same time.
Zenimax Online Studios- Gamers
BAT Agent (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Being a Tech agent for Zenimax Online Studios was different. It was a different world. Half the time it didn't even feel like I was working. I was having fun interacting with the customers on a level that not many people get to do. I was supporting the MMO Elder Scrolls Online. There were times where it was frustrating and upsetting because you couldn't help the customers, and there were times where celebration was required.

My co-workers were amazing and were my support line when I was dealing with a particularly difficult customer. They helped me find the answers I needed and provided a shoulder I could use to vent so that I didn't take my frustrations onto the next customer.

The hardest part of the job was leaving. It was a temporary position, so I knew it was going to come to an end, but it was still hard to leave a place I didn't mind going to every day.
Pros
co-workers, management, cafe/game room
Cons
temp position, distance from home
Fun work enviironment, NO stability
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 5, 2014
Depending upon your position, and manager work life balance can be challenging. There is not a big understanding with having a family either especially on a certain team. Whatever you do don't get pregnant.
Pros
pay is competative
Cons
no job security, you will lose your job with no warning
I have left my job at ZOS on very good terms. I was with them for 5 years and decided to make a life change and move to a new state.
Customer Support Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 11, 2014
I worked at Zenimax Online Studios for 5 years and definitely consider myself still to be a member of the family. I watched it grow from 35 people to over 300. I am friends with my co-workers and this helps in the work environment to make things fun and interesting but still getting work done. Overall, I have learned and gained so much experience and good friends from this job. Happy and proud to say I worked here.
Pros
great benefits, good work environment, people care about each other.
Cons
management needs some training in employee sensitivity
Fun but scary industry
QA (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2014
Video games are fun; many of us can agree on that! But the industry is scary when you have a family to feed; it ebbs and flows, sometimes things are great and other times there are massive layoffs
Horrible place to work!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 25, 2014
Would not recommend any Zenimax studio to anyone. They are all wholly owned by Zenimax Media, a very large corporation that does not care one bit about its employees. Every employee is an interchangeable part to Zenimax, all can be replaced by anyone with no loss of efficiency, or so their incompetent management believes.

Free snacks to fatten up the herd (many, many overweight employees add to their health costs).

Game they worked 6+ years on has failed to live up to expectations. They have already had two layoffs (reductions in force), cutting 100+ employees each time. More layoffs almost certain to come over the next few months, don't hire in here -- go with a stable company.

Positive reviews of this company are either old (not in the last 6 months) or from the corporation's PR department. Beware!
Pros
if you are on the right team, your co-workers can be nice and fun to work with.
Cons
extremely cheap company, only interview i've had that did not pay for travel expenses, horrible hr process to get hired, management is awful -- incredibly top-heavy -- 1 manager per 3 employees, creative direction completely missed audience resulting in 6+ wasted years in development.
Fun place to work
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 11, 2014
Excellent place to work; with a good culture. Opportunities to expand ones repertoire of skills were available.