Zenith-American

Zenith-American United States Employee Reviews

Very busy - very little down time
Eligibility& Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: able to work at my own pace
Cons: too little assistance when needed (when co-worker went out on maternity leave, i was required to use up my pto - on wednesdays
Very busy office both walk-ins and telephone. Handled benefit fund for local union which included medical claims questions & issues as well a 401k questions.

Applied administrative knowledge to set up this office, which had not had a qualified person for over 5 years. I acquired knowledge about how a national union works; handling Medicare questions from retirees as well as assisting those going into retirement with their questions; as well as claims issues, especially as they pertained to the changes that came from the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care).

This office went through 3 managers in 5 yrs. The 3rd traveled from the east coast to keep a handle on this office. There was little or no oversight of my desk, as there were never any problems. When this branch office closed (October 2014), there were only 3 employees - myself, the cost accountant and the account rep. (who flew in every couple of weeks).

Hardest part of the job was finding answers in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part was the feeling of helping people understand the issues that were causing them confusion.
enjoyed working at this company
Pension Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: not everyone pulled their share of the workload
typical day at work included 100 -150 people helped whether in person, phone or mail.
Office workplace with friendly helpful people
Contribution Accounting Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2013
A typical day at work would be logging into my computer getting a pile of forms to do and start working on them. I also had to sort papers into different groups and label them. I learned a lot about health insurance and how to stay focused doing repetitive data entry work. The hardest part of the job was keeping focus all day while doing repetitive forms. I enjoyed working with other people figuring out the different ways to enter the forms depending on how they were filled out by the participant.