Zenith Administrators Employee Reviews

smaller company struggling to survive
IT Project Manager - New Technology (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 25, 2017
the company is a third party healthcare and pension provider for clients, most of whom are labor unions. There have been numerous CTOs at this company over the past 10 years. They have trouble attracting and keeping talent.
Pros
smaller company, location
Cons
smaller company, poor management
Interesting place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 17, 2017
Zenith is a third party payer for all the unions. Very interesting place to work. I learned a lot while working there. Not somewhere I would want to work forever.
Cons
Union, Colorful language
Not worth the money
Pension Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2016
If you like High School cliques, INTENSE gossip mongering, stunning lack of communication, power plays between rival departments, doing the work of three people, and being told to "own" something when your supervisor really means "stop bothering me" -

Then this job is for you.

Sure, it's got a swell paycheck and benefits - this cannot be understated. It's great.

- But you pay for that kind of paycheck in other ways, so it's up to you if it's worth the hassle or not. If you are the kind of person who likes to play games and resort to high school BS, then you will probably thrive here. But if you're an honest, straight-shooter type of person? You'll easily become a pariah until you make a mistake and they replace you, or you just up and quit because you can't take the BS anymore.

The choice is yours.

(bear in mind this is based on a field office experience)
Pros
Paycheck and benefits
Cons
Work Environment is highly detrimental, Make friends or die, Manager is there to collect paycheck and that's it.
Great Company to work for and would still be there had they not been sold.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 9, 2016
Great company to work at. I would still be there had they not sold the division. Schedules were flexible and most jobs were Monday through Friday with occasional weekends.
Pros
Great Work Schedules
Cons
Productive, Professional and fun company to work with.
Contribution Processor II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2015
Contribution Processor II
Responsible for performing account reconciliation for multiple employers, Including
contribution accounting, billing and eligibility and COBRA administration for multiple
plans.

Customer Service Representative
Handle incoming calls from employees, medical/dental providers and other insurance
carriers.
Provide plan benefits/break down of coverage for the following active employee policies.
Explain claim explanation of benefits for all policies.
Process medical EDI claims.
Pros
Will pay for your education
Cons
Very high paced; high energy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2015
It was an excellent experience. I learned so much getting my foot in such a big claims office allwoed me to refine my filing skills. Our file system tripled before the business closed. They allowed me to implement a systemthat was cohesive with alll my other duties. It was high pace I thrive in these kind of enviroments. This was the best job I have ever had that really let me use all clerical skills I am proficient in.
Great people to work I really loved all of my co-workers!!
Pros
cultivated all clerical skills
Cons
it was a long commute from where i lived
Busy atmosphere
Sr Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 18, 2014
Co-workers help make it through the day. Extremely busy atmosphere.
Pros
Flex days
Cons
minimal training
Zenith Administrators was an innovative administrator of group medical, dental, disability and pension benefits.
Medical Insurance Claims Supervisor, Auditor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 22, 2014
In the over 20 years I was employed at Zenith Administrators I found them to be part of an excellent nation-wide organization. They offered very good employee benefits and pay. Employees were highly valued, and there were regular office outings. In the competitive field of group benefits administration they were innovative and top of the line.
The group benefits business is fast paced and required a high degree of accuracy in application of benefit plans, and the staff was very professional in application of duties.
Pros
The employees were valued and were offered good benefits.
Cons
The parent company suffered in the economic times of early 2K.
Low Morale and good people to work with.
Office Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILOctober 30, 2013
I normally start by checking my emails. Then I try to make the calls I need to make. I call my vendors for inventory, and/or to schedule pickups and deliveries. I then receive all the mail and UPS/Fedex packages. I then sort and distrubute the mail. Later I meter the outgoing mail using the postal machine. After that, I work on the stuffer machine, which is a mass production machine used for big mailings. For a while i would help the IT department with the help desk calls. I've learned a lot about the IT feild from working with them. I reload windows operating systems to PCs, and uninstall/insstall hardware to PCs. The management is fair at Zenith. My co-workers all good people who want to do a good job. Hardest part of my job is the see the wasted money being used in the shipping of the packages, The most enjoable part of my job is learning new things, and helping people.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Low Morale
Great opportunity for advancement
Contribution Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2012
I learned how to process insurance payments for retiree's. A typical day was answering phone calls and emails from management and clients, processing multiple insurance payments and making sure payments were up to date. The co-workers were friendly and helpful, the management team was compassionate and caring.. The hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable part was going to work everyday and tackling the task at hand.
Fast paced work place, very delicate customer service care
Customer Service and Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2012
Every day was very organized. learn to be patient with all customer calls. Management was very fair, coworkers mostly kept to themselves. Hardest times were when a customer was dificult to assist,however, this is just all part of this position. When you were able to complete a touchy delicate situation with an individuals medical and dental benefits and claims, this position was extremely rewarding. A very nice place overall to be able to be a part of , anything I gained has never left me, I learned addtional skills that helped me even in everyday life.
Pros
paid vacation and holidays
Cons
extremely far from my home
Large company with a small company feel.
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL.February 24, 2012
Learned alot while there. They treat you like family and show thier employees that how they feel about work really matters.
Pros
you could stagger your start time.
Cons
can't think of any.
Busy
customer service (Former Employee) –  westminster CoFebruary 17, 2012
productive, hard working, work consiant, management not consitant,intersting work, research.
Pros
interesting, fun, productive, work with great people
Cons
management not consiant, not fair, not reasonable
Horrible culture that has existed for quite some time and appears in no hurry to improve.
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILAugust 16, 2011
The culture of this organization is extremely poor and has been for a very long time. Employees are mostly union workers, so the complacency is very high. Upper management is extremely confrontational and very, very unfair.
Pros
south suburban location
Cons
poor culture