Zenith Education Group Employee Reviews

Everest Institute
Adjunct Faculty-Allied Health (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day begins with providing lecture to the students. Gathering feedback from the students on what they have learned and implementing the subject matter during clinicals. The environment at Everest is very positive. Management and staff works diligently to ensure that the education that we provide is measurable and easily understood. The hardest part of the job is knowing what many of the students are facing in their personal life and not being able to totally address their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is sowing into people.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Not enough paid preparation time for class, low salary
Fast pace
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 27, 2016
Definitely an fast pace work environment.Develop and place employer-ready students into jobs in their field of study, ensure student readiness for employment interviews that achieve satisfactory conversion in interview show and interview-to-hire rates of graduates. Develop one-on-one relationships with students within the portfolio, ensuring employment readiness through resume writing, mock interviewing, job search techniques, etc. Collaborate with Faculty to identify potential graduation and employment issues in order to proactively provide coaching, continue to help graduates looking for employment and identify remediation needs (job club, refresher courses, re-tooling events, etc.) to improve marketability to employers ,verify employment records of graduates through phone calls and gathering required documentation which meets all federal, state, regulatory agency, and company guidelines, student workshops, team meetings, etc., organize and ensure student participation at career fairs, open house events, and graduation
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Compensation
Enjoy working for Zenith
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2016
I am an Adjunct faculty employee. I have a full-time job working as a Technical Manager. I feel that I have a good working relationship with my colleagues.
Excellent company
Complete diary within 8 hours
Company is family oriented
Monthly educational classes
On-site Gym
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Commute
Poor comany to work at
Director of Student Finance (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2016
There is no work life balance, senior management is negative driving a negative environment for all employees. One will learn to be extremely resilient in this work environment. The hardest part of working in this company is the ability to not lose yourself in the negative environment.
Interesting place of employment
Program Chair-Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2016
Some days could be challenging more than others. The obstacle was placement of some students and graduates. Some of the managers that are in and were in place did not belong in their position. Overall most of the staff, faculty and the students did ant to serve in their roles effectively but did not have the support of management when needed.
Pros
Work/ Life Balance
Cons
Unprofessional at times and lack diversity
Horrible Management and lack of organisation
Academic Dean (Former Employee) –  Saint LouisOctober 18, 2016
My school was closed due to sustainability however we found out once they registered with the government and they notified us the next few days.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work life balance
horrible work enviroment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2016
hours were okay, changed every other day but you were off on weekends. Constantly on the phone reading scripts to people who are not interested in furthering education. Had to call new leads 3 times a day or else you had to explain in front of the whole team why you were not making your calls. very micromanaged. management makes you feel like a child.
Pros
weekends off, pay
Cons
nothing you do is ever good enough
Good place to be but unsure of school directions
Student Finance Planner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2016
Formally, owned by Corinthian and now Zenith Education Group are school has changed drastically, I appreciate focus on student understanding of Federal Student Aid and department separating our new students and continuing students.

A day at work include contacting students to request documents, discuss Federal Student Aid limits and student remaining Federal Student Aid, create payment arrangements, and update spreadsheet. Also, assisting new student with Free Application for Federal Student Aid and other required financial aid documents.

I enjoy my team. We help each other and have a good time
Pros
our work envirorment
Cons
communication no idea on company directions
terrible
Picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 22, 2016
Its terrible want you to be so fast at picking but don't give you much time. Only way a lot of people got full time is by working though there breaks and some of there lunch. No life.
Didn't have any problems
Math Instructor (Online) (Former Employee) –  OnlineSeptember 1, 2016
It was a contract job so I did my job until the contract ended. I taught math and did very well at it. I think they may be in trouble by the government at the moment.
Uncertain in what to do...
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 1, 2016
uncertain future - missing applicable knowledge in education industry. following predecessor footsteps with a lot of talk of what is needed to be a step ahead of the competition but failing to see that they are at least 5 - 6 years behind.
Pros
local leadership
Cons
corporate leadership
Hard workingwork place.
Fork-lift Operator (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DESeptember 1, 2016
We unload trucks by hand from 7:15 to 3:30 with an hour break at 12:00. Two men to a truck alternate every truck. A rotation of eight people.
Company ethics changed
Curriculum Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 21, 2016
While I worked at the corporate office, we were not aware of the issues involved at many campuses that affected thousands of students enrolled in various programs. Before the company went under, the previous company was bought by a company that did not have much experience in the educational sector. That was when job security, management and job culture dropped to the floor.
Fun and productive workplace with bar
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Detriot MIAugust 15, 2016
'Very fast paced work environment I learned how to prepare different foods the hardest part was when business got slow.
Unexpected outcome
Director, Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2016
The company was created when they came in to the education industry. They just can't seem to get their footing right to be successful. Instead they are cutting key positions, and making decisions without looking at the overall impact
N/a
Senior Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 10, 2016
Great local Management and co-workers. I thrived off the upbeat and fun working environment at the local campus. I enjoyed my job duties and interacting with students daily.
N/a
Senior Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 10, 2016
Great local Management and working environment. There was an upbeat and fun atmosphere at the local campus. I enjoyed my job duties and interacting with students.
No job security
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 9, 2016
This company is always changing management in the corporate world as well as the campus level.
Do not look for security of any kind.
Directors are VERY out of touch with their employees.
Pros
Cons
no security
Director (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 9, 2016
Zenith Educational Group does not have the well being of their employees in mind. Zenith has continual changes in their process which does not give the employee a sense of security. The goals given are not attainable. There has been continual management changes and a sense that the company is in dire need of stability. There is no Vision from the campus or corporate level. Promises are made and broken continually.
No training available for employees. The employees do not have a sense of loyalty to this company because of the continual lay-offs that have happened for the past 2.5 years.
The hardest part of the job at Zenith is the lack of leadership at the campus level. At my campus "no one cares".
Pros
Cons
Extreme lack of Leadership at the coporate level and campus level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zenith Education Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7