Zenith Global Logistics

Zenith Global Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Physically demanding
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2015
Be able to work in a team. Most tasks required more than 2 or more team members to execute. Timelines are all strict and must all be met. co workers and managers collaborated with team members to get the tasks completed correctly.
A lot of work with VERY minimum pay!
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCOctober 27, 2015
I was not treated professionally, and was let go due to equipment failure that was not my fault. There were a few nice people there, but overall was treated poorly.
Pros
2 - 10min breaks & 1hr lunch
Cons
Pay mostly & Everything!!!!!
productive work place
Shipping/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCAugust 10, 2015
Busy mornings up until lunch time very laid back enviorment.things i learned how to load an unload make sure shipped propper destination.Very nice co-workers most complicated task was inventory
Pros
clean work place
Cons
no air
fun place to work just
route driver (Former Employee) –  flower moundApril 30, 2015
I didn't work here long but did like my job cl.dispatch management was cool . I had real bad experience with the big boss he didn't like me for some reason . I just know if anyone calls in on you it's there word against yours . coworkers are helpful and the clients you deliver to are nice
Pros
pay and hotel layover
Cons
really not any just do your job
loved working there
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCOctober 2, 2014
I worked for zenith its very fast paced. You will always ask questions. There is always something that changes.
poorly maintained equipment
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TxAugust 16, 2014
Not a great place to be a driver if you want to drive reliable trucks. Out of 16 years of driving trucks, this place is the worst when it comes to maintaining their trucks. When I told the dispatcher about a repair that needed to be made, he would say do him a favor and keep driving it for a few more days. When it was finally put in the shop, the replacement or lease truck is in the same bad condition. I worked there for four months and had four terrible trucks. Pay was deeply impacted because of this situation. If you like to be stuck on side of the road, drive for Zenith.
Pros
hotel layovers
Cons
bad equipment, absent management
Good part time work
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJune 4, 2014
The hours are start to finish. Management is friendly. The work is easy but have to get use to.
Steady Employment, Good Employer
Commercial Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCApril 15, 2014
Good Equipment, and a good Employer.

When required to layover out on the road Company pays for the Hotel.

Stead runs, Regional and Local work, Typically work local in the morning then work regional in the afternoon or the next day.

Typically home every Weekend.

Decent compensation for work performed

Currently limit opportunity for advancement within the company
Pros
paid hotels, layover pay, decent compensation, good to newer equipment
Cons
limit opportunity for advancement
Great Company
OTR Regional Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCOctober 29, 2013
I worked here for 3 years, when I left they were sorry to see me leave. I made this choice wanting to advance myself into an Owner Operator category. This company is very friendly and helpful, a typical work day included unloading at some really neat small towns but you didn't always do the unloading sometimes you were at a DC and they did the unloading. My co workers were great to work around and always willing to lend a helping hand when asked. The most enjoyable part of the job was being home every weekend to be with my family.
Pros
bonuses at year end
Cons
lots of work in the heat of the summer inside the trailer, lifting and moving around heavy furniture.
Stressfull,minor benefits
International Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCMay 1, 2013
Typical day- busy, however productive,2 person office, handles all c/s for import containers.

Learned-more insight to imports.

Management-family owned company,will hire outside before posting any openings to current employees.Always mirco-managened,checked to see if you are busy at all times.No breaks issued other than lunch, unless you are a smoker, then you get 10 mins every 2 hrs. Employees sit until lunch, other than a restroom break - there and back, on excessive trips in the hall.

Co worker-generally late daily, misses work 1-2 days a month.

The hardest part of the job - stressfull management

Enjoyable part of the job-customers are happy that they have received their cargo on time.
Cons
no breaks, health care benefits
no miles for cents per miles pay
otr regional driver (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 12, 2013
what a night mare hard to make a living running such short miles which is hard to make living on cents per mile pay 700-1200 per week
Cons
nice trucks
Physical job
Assistant Supervisor I Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCMay 4, 2012
I loaded an unloaded upholstery and casegoods truck. Loading trucks is a demanding job. I had great co-workers. The hardest part was the physical nature of the job. But i had great co-workers.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
very physical
good job
head dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCApril 25, 2012
the running of the day to day of a trucking company. i learned la lot back the lt and ltl part of the busines, im the manger of 133 drivers and other office personal .

2.8