Zenith Insurance Company Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Insurance Policy Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  philippinesMarch 31, 2017
I have self enhancement since I joined the company by learning a lot from a motor vehicle insurance company. It is also very challenging for me to talk and explain the clients how their vehicle insurance wil work best for them. I had fun helping clients about their claims as well.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
working on saturdays
Assistant Treasurer in Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 7, 2017
the group is a close knit and fun team of people. smart young talent. I have made long lasting professional connections. Culturally is a collegial environment while also working hard.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 26, 2017
This was an excellent company to be employed by! They have wonderful benefits such as, 401k, medical, dental and vision and excellent perks which include the gym and a well priced cafeteria in the main building! I learned so much at this job and am grateful and thankful for all of the experience!
Pros
gym, excellent breakfast in their economical cafeteria!
Tedious boring work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 7, 2016
First five years at company were wonderful. After company changed hands and people at top quit or retired, the place and people turned " plastic".
When my day came to be left go, I felt I was treated like a criminal and they couldn't wait to get me out the door like garbage. I know that's how the " corporate" world operates. Just remember karma has a way of coming back.
Pros
Cafe, gym
Cons
Plastic people, fakeness of top people.
A great place to work
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILOctober 4, 2016
Enjoyed working with the Safety & Health division management and the consultants.
Learning new applications
The open management door
Learning and understanding Safety & Health procedures
Zenith is a great company to work for! I know! I was with them for almost 14 years.
Enterprise Document Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 3, 2016
Zenith takes care of its employees. This is obvious with the numerous benefits they provide to their employees. They recently promoted for the employees to take charge of their health. They provided Fitbit Zip to every single employee to ensure they monitor their exercise daily. They also have a gym on site and a cafe, subsidized by the company. The management team are amazingly innovative and smart.
Pros
Dedicated to employees
Cons
Too much politics
Great people, terrible management
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 30, 2016
They want to make a "fun" work environment but expect you to make basically everything a priority. Even when you're successful in one area they always seem to find a flaw. Zenith is very numbers driven.
They punish everyone for one person's mistake and management doesn't take responsibility for their flaws.
The only "fun" part is the people you work with, those not in management. Because you're all suffering together, there is a sense of camaraderie. Rare is the time you find someone unwilling to help.
Pros
You work with great talented people
Cons
The management
Fun place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 20, 2016
The atmosphere and people were great to work with. They had a ping pong table in one of the offices. They have many locations and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Good management, good cafe, room for growth
Cons
Very productive workplace working with numerous divisions and outside clientele
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 28, 2016
Zenith is a workers' compensation company - I was in the legal division working for the assistant to the executive vice president.

Primary duties were organizing seminars for attorneys....involved in meal planning, travel arrangements, presentations, etc.

Also, made sure attorneys were up-to-date with their yearly
licenses with the State of California.
Pros
Wonderful Workplace and a Team oriented atmosphere
Large Insurance company, Office Environment
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 26, 2016
A typical day meant handing out supplies to co workers, sorting mail, handling postage, taking inventory on office supplies and loading up the mail cart to deliver mail throughout the department.
Pros
Professional team and professional environment
Great Job
Claims Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 13, 2016
I worked with very competent people. It was a little hard for me to keep up with some of the clients but I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Great Hours, Great Benefits
Cons
Too many egos at times.
Best place to work
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 13, 2015
I love this company. The people there have been there for years, it's like a family. Sometimes can be a rumor mill, but overall wonderful place to work.
Pros
excellent benefits!
Cons
not much upward mobility
overworked
Corporate Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 18, 2015
overworked employees control by fear. If you do not agree with the mangers or their style then you are dismissed to the sideline. Co-workers were great.
Pros
compensation package was good
Cons
overworked poor mangement team
They expect perfection and pay you average and don't allow overtime
Claims Assitant (Current Employee) –  OrangeAugust 18, 2015
Zenith has a lot of employees who stay for a very long time and they are very particular about who they hire, in my experience, you have the highest level of management, ie CEOs and people trying to make it into a good company to work for with lots of surveys about employee satisfaction and classes designed to help interdepartment cooperation. The problem comes from lower level and middle management that want to seem important by creating busy work and doing everything in their power to stop employees from implementing change that would make work easier and everyone happier as a result. So in the end all those meetings and surveys don't result in anything but time wasted and extra frustration. Personally I don't think its a great company to work for, probably not the worst either.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
interfering managment
Has a very healthy work environment
ETL/PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 10, 2015
There are some great peers to work with. Good flexible timings. Daily meetings happen. Work flow is distributed very well.
National Claims, Sr. Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 15, 2015
I love working for Zenith. The company is great for individuals looking to expand their careers in the Worker's Comp field.
Productive and fast pace environment
Sr. Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2015
Never a day you come into work w/o something to do. Work was always there and helpful co-workers to assist you every step of the way. I've learned a lot within the years I've spent w/ this company and the co-workers were fantastic.
Pros
friendly and family oriented co-workers
Cons
not enough acknowledgements or recogniztions
Very productive place to work
Medical Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2015
I managed workers compensation case managers in the Northern California offices. Responsible for the oversight of Utilization review, catastrophic case management and return to work.
Pros
supportive environment
Great Company
Senior Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Great company to work for, made lots of friends and had a great time while I worked there. No true negatives, many benefits.
Great Company
Assistant Examiner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2015
As a claims Assistant, I worked with two different claims examiner assisting in working with the claims submitted by insured employers and medical providers. Assist in submitting medical records to various applicant attorneys representing injured workers. Process medical reimbursement expenses for injured workers such as prescription paid by injured workers and accrued medical mileage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zenith Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2