ZenithOptimedia Employee Reviews

Work Environment Depends on Your Account and Position
Global Search Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2013
A typical day at work: It varies, which is the best part of my job. Hours are long and there is no work/life balance.

What you learned: I received a different outlook of other types of media and how they interact with each other. The integrated teams is the best part of agency structure.

Management: Overall there is a mix of ineffective and inexperienced leaders with highly capable and hardworking employees that pick up the slack for the rest. I would like to see them invest in leadership training and provide clearly defined job descriptions.

Co-workers: Smart and capable but hard to retain due to lack of room for advancement

Hardest part of the job: Working in an efficient manner is difficult because of the lack of organization and job descriptions.

Most enjoyable part of the job: I work on a large account with a client that treats us as a part of a team instead of “the agency”. My views and recommendations are taken seriously.
Pros
Beer Cart, Tons of Vacation, great location
Cons
Inexperienced management, There are multiple job descriptions for the same position depending on the office
Fun if you get in a Good Department
Media Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
It was fun and challenging at first, but once you got the hang of it it got boring and some of the people here are childish and still act like there are in High School and i mean Grown Adults! You have your good days and you have your bad days, The other people here are Great and the perks we have here are Awesome, and you have so much at your fingertips. you can meet some famous people here as well.
Pros
Great place to network, meet new friends
Cons
Childlike behavior, cliques, no advancements, no overtime pay
Zenith Direct = Poor Management
Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2011
A small DR group, part of ZenithOptimedia.

Very involved CEO who is more or less running a DRTV Buying operation. Little to no planning and strategic insight is welcomed as most business is pitched on the ability to secure "cheap rates". There is no new media integration and recommendations to do so on my part were often pushed back on. Further I was often accused of being unsocial as I would put my job responsibilities ahead of the nightly rep events that the buyers and vp's of buying would take advantage of.

This is a place for DRTV buyers who just want to place DR inventory and then leave at the end of the day. If you are a planner or an account manager I suggest skipping Zenith Direct
Pros
good location, decent pay, good life/work
Cons
horrible ceo, buying shop, no new media, lack of management leadership
Uninspiring workplace
Account/Planning (Current Employee) –  New YorkJuly 31, 2015
Zenith has very high turnover, and the people who are not leaving are talking about leaving. The majority of the office space is outdated. Since the company is made up of primarily millennials, employee appreciation is given by proving free Bud Light and Budweiser, and tailgate parties. It's unfortunate they don't spend this money on bonuses or networking events that senior staff would actually attend.
Pros
Free lunch (leftover from meetings- Zenith considers this a perk!)
Cons
See review
Great if you're part of the inner management circle
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 10, 2014
This is a great place if you are a senior level employee. Junior people are incredibly stretched and management has little sympathy.
Pros
Great location with gym in the building
Cons
Heavy workload for most people
Great Learning Experience
Negotiator (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 11, 2014
Great first job to have.
Learned a lot about the media industry.
Management is Great.
Organization is so large you can see a new face everyday.
Most enjoyable part is tons of free food.
Enjoyable work experience with good departmental goals
Assistant Planner, Media Strategy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
I enjoyed working at ZenithOptimedia a ton and it was an extremely valuable learning experience. They put new trainees through a rigorous training program that prepared me for the everyday agency duties within my team and department. My team was extremely good to me in terms of teaching me and bringing me to events and seminars that allowed me to expand my knowledge within my department.
Productive fun job. Very modern work enviroment.
Junior Competitive Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2015
Was not there long, but enjoyed the atmosphere while there. We did a lot of measuring analytic data and incorporating the data into a spread sheet and pivot tables.
Fun Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2013
It was great working at Optimedia. As an Intern, I was always treated with respect and the employees there were very welcoming. They gave me a lot to learn but I was always comfortable with the work.
Very young and social event supportive.
Project Manager, Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2013
Great experience working on the Business Continuity project.