ZEPF CENTER Employee Reviews

Family Environment
Receptionist-Nebraska Office (Current Employee), Toledo, OHApril 24, 2015
Co-workers and supervisors are amazing. They understand you are only one person and can only do so much in a day. Great benefits and regular hours.
Great Place to work, Great benefits
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 18, 2014
Great Benefits, Mon-Fri hours no weekends. Busy , work through lunches. Decent pay , Stressful sometimes, Go home exhausted mentally and physically
Review
Coding and Billing Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Toledo, OhioSeptember 24, 2014
Overall good review. Relocation to new area unappealing. This is my review
Zepf Center has been a great place to gain knowlegde in the social work field
Home Health Specialist (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 1, 2014
Pros: it is a good agency
I really working at the Zepf Center but I am open to new opportunties.
working with indviduals on assistance and working on getting them off
Job Developer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 9, 2013
Pros: working with a deversy group of people
Cons: sometimes safety
would be working closely with our clients. Focus on their needs and how I can assistant with getting a job and other barriers that that we need to break through. I learned about working with a diversity of individuals, Management was helpful and wonderful resource. The hardest part of this job is working with individuals that does not to change their attitudes and situations that they are in. I enjoyed working with our clients and helping them build their self confidence.
You have to know someone to get somewhere
staff (Current Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: too many to name
Zepf is all about knowing someone in upper management in order to advance in the agency. So if you are not rubbing elbows with upper management or you haven't worked with them in the past, then you will always stay where you were hired in at, or make a linear job move from one job to the next. You are expected to work over 40 hours, but only get paid for that much, so you basically work off the clock, and the pay is not a livable wage, unless you know someone! The hardest part of the job is dealing with the gossip and the cliques. The benefits are good at least, and they dont' usually fire people because good staff are hard to come by there.
Excellent job coaching
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 7, 2012
Pros: friendly people
Cons: chasing after the chef to ask what he wanted next after next
Working for the Zepf Center was a very good experience it was a work trial to explore my choices of which direction to go in for possible employment outside of the Zepf Center. The job developer and job coach were very helpful but unfortunately, I had chosen not to pursue a career in dietary. I was only required to work in dietary for a week. The people were friendly but I didn't like asking what I had to do after the routine of the day was complete; everyday of course different meals had to be prepared. What I liked most about the job was making the salads and serving food to the people of the nursing home.
Relatively easy job
Youth Program Worker (Current Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 3, 2012
Pros: small workload, casual atmosphere
Cons: lack of professionalism, lack of direct supervision, uninformed management
Typical day of work, workers are given free time during which nothing is being asked of them and yet they are still paid. Professionalism is lacking among many employees. Pay is decent, but not that great compared to other agencies.
Don't get your hopes up.
Job Training Specialist/ Job Developer (Current Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 15, 2012
Pros: network staff is top notch
Cons: everything else.....
While the staff at Zepf-Network Division, is top notch, the organization as a whole leaves a LOT to be desired. Do not count on getting hired as a full-time permanent employee. They only hire 'contingent' employees so they do not have to offer health care benefits, retirement, tuition reimbursement, etc. They brag about 'growing' but apparently that growth does not include hiring any permanent employees. – more... What ever you do, don't complain about anything or bring a problem to management's attention - it could cost you your job regardless of excellent performance.
Clients often complain about concerns not being addressed, counselors being unreachable, phone calls not being returned, lack of consideration for personal difficulties or extenuating circumstances, confusing and conflicting messages, being switched from one job coach or job developer or counselor to another, many inconsistencies.... – less

March 14, 2013

I used to work there, but I got fired not knowing why, the manager called and left it on my voicemail, not ever being called in the office i still get fired, while I was at home with the flu. Once I heard the voicemail I called back numerous times, no one returned my phones calls. They hire everyone in as a "Temp" even so managers, they are cheap, there clients are not well taken care of, they always complain about how no ever gets back to them or answer there questions, help them in general. The doctors are very nice but the staff is not. I agree with "Dont get your hopes up". Just gain experience needed and leave!!! i regret working there.