ZEPF CENTER Employee Reviews

Completely Mismanaged, unorganized, NO communication
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 14, 2017
Upper management have no idea what is going on in the company and make decisions based on numbers and money alone, without thought of effects on clients or staff. Case management cannot provide good client care when caseloads are 150-250 clients per care manager. Policies are not communicated to staff effectively, which makes the environment very chaotic for both staff and clients. There are no clinical staff in upper management, so they go to clinical staff (below them) to do jobs they should know how to do. Benefits are great, but pay is horrible and not competitive with other agencies. This company has grown too fast and continues to grow without effectively establishing policies, or fixing management issues or communication in current locations and programs.
benefits
Cons
allot
There is no advancement for anyone unless you know someone
HHS (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 7, 2017
One out of ten managers know how to treat people,,,,and forget about having your concerns addressed. There are literally many workers that are biased, prejudiced and racist. Very disappointing for clients and other employees and hard to believe that most of these people are social workers. Not worth the headache for the money, unless, your only other choice was retail. Most of the employees spend a lot of time gossiping and ignoring their clients. Some overworked and underpaid. Loved working with the clients.
Pros
A bit better than working at Walmart
Cons
Not enough space here
Zepf Center Review
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 21, 2017
In the 6 months I have been an Accounting Assistant at The Zepf Center, I have obtained many different job duties that I can take with me and utilize in future employment.
Don't get your hopes up.
Job Training Specialist/ Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 15, 2012
While the staff at Zepf-Network Division, is top notch, the organization as a whole leaves a LOT to be desired. Do not count on getting hired as a full-time permanent employee. They only hire 'contingent' employees so they do not have to offer health care benefits, retirement, tuition reimbursement, etc. They brag about 'growing' but apparently that growth does not include hiring any permanent employees. What ever you do, don't complain about anything or bring a problem to management's attention - it could cost you your job regardless of excellent performance.
Clients often complain about concerns not being addressed, counselors being unreachable, phone calls not being returned, lack of consideration for personal difficulties or extenuating circumstances, confusing and conflicting messages, being switched from one job coach or job developer or counselor to another, many inconsistencies....
Pros
network staff is top notch
Cons
everything else.....
You have to know someone to get somewhere
staff (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 24, 2013
Zepf is all about knowing someone in upper management in order to advance in the agency. So if you are not rubbing elbows with upper management or you haven't worked with them in the past, then you will always stay where you were hired in at, or make a linear job move from one job to the next. You are expected to work over 40 hours, but only get paid for that much, so you basically work off the clock, and the pay is not a livable wage, unless you know someone! The hardest part of the job is dealing with the gossip and the cliques. The benefits are good at least, and they dont' usually fire people because good staff are hard to come by there.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
too many to name
Excellent job coaching
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 7, 2012
Working for the Zepf Center was a very good experience it was a work trial to explore my choices of which direction to go in for possible employment outside of the Zepf Center. The job developer and job coach were very helpful but unfortunately, I had chosen not to pursue a career in dietary. I was only required to work in dietary for a week. The people were friendly but I didn't like asking what I had to do after the routine of the day was complete; everyday of course different meals had to be prepared. What I liked most about the job was making the salads and serving food to the people of the nursing home.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
chasing after the chef to ask what he wanted next after next
working with indviduals on assistance and working on getting them off
Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 9, 2013
would be working closely with our clients. Focus on their needs and how I can assistant with getting a job and other barriers that that we need to break through. I learned about working with a diversity of individuals, Management was helpful and wonderful resource. The hardest part of this job is working with individuals that does not to change their attitudes and situations that they are in. I enjoyed working with our clients and helping them build their self confidence.
Pros
working with a deversy group of people
Cons
sometimes safety
Management is very inexperienced
Health Home Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 13, 2015
Managers gave special treatment to certain employees. I would not recommend this company. Managers do not have the experience needed to make this company a success.
Relatively easy job
Youth Program Worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 3, 2012
Typical day of work, workers are given free time during which nothing is being asked of them and yet they are still paid. Professionalism is lacking among many employees. Pay is decent, but not that great compared to other agencies.
Pros
small workload, casual atmosphere
Cons
lack of professionalism, lack of direct supervision, uninformed management
Good working environment.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 21, 2015
Very busy work place everyday. Very fast paced environment with a good group of workers. Managers treated everyone fairly.
Pros
Consistently worked 40 hours a week.
Cons
Winter hours were cold in the warehouse.
Zepf Center has been a great place to gain knowlegde in the social work field
Home Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 1, 2014
I really working at the Zepf Center but I am open to new opportunties.
Pros
It is a good agency
Review
Coding and Billing Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioSeptember 24, 2014
Overall good review. Relocation to new area unappealing. This is my review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZEPF CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

ZEPF CENTER Reviews by Location