Profitable, Pre-IPO company is looking for PHP developers with strong MVC framework experience to bring an eBay experience to local activities.
Our company is the leading online platform for local activities, is profitable, entrepreneurial, based in San Francisco and has been operating in the travel, leisure, and entertainment market for eight years. We are a DYNAMIC GROWTH, PRE-IPO COMPANY that provides internet-based business solutions to operators of high-quality local events and activities. Our clients tend to be passionate, imaginative, multi-faceted, hard-working people who make a living doing what they love - you will build products to help them be successful.
We recently brought on board new investors and a new executive management team consisting of former eBay, Google and TicketMaster executives to scale this profitable small business to the likes of eCommerce giants. The management team experience spans from creating eBay's mobile and classifieds businesses, to driving all SEO/SEM for the marketplace business, to running M&A.
The successful candidate will work with the technical and product team to design and implement features and products that will bring our business to the next level. This position will report to the CTO/VP of Technology
This is a unique opportunity to come into the ground floor of a successful, yet small business, and scale it to the likes of e-commerce giants.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing critical commerce features in our existing platform
- Collaborating with the technical team to design for scale and performance
- Providing technical leadership in at least one of many technical areas of expertise, critical to our platform and service
- Working with the CTO/VP of Technology to ensure we consistently evaluate our software as it relates to features, scale and performance
- Working closely with our product managers to ensure our features are consistent with product requirements
- Participating in our Agile/SCRUM model for development
- Working effectively with the product, technology and QA teams
- As a day-one difference-maker, you will have a proven experience building consumer facing software in a LAMP environment, track record of delivering quality software and working collaboratively in a small team of high performing engineers.
- You will also work well in a rapidly changing, high-energy, high-expectations environment.
- You will thrive when you face technical challenges.
Meticulous attention to detail is necessary to be successful in this technical team.
- You must have demonstrated experience building web-based, consumer or enterprise applications using PHP.
- You must understand the complexity of e-commerce systems and ensure high quality software is always delivered, as you will be creating and updating software that is crucial to our customers' livelihoods.
- You will have a strong understanding of MySQL and how to best implement software to deliver site performance and scale.
- You must understand database transactions and how to develop software where transactional integrity is critical.
- Success will be dependent on your ability to think independently and work in an Agile development model.
- Proven experience developing in MVC frameworks, particularly Zend Framework