Zetec, Inc. is currently seeking an Applications Engineer. This position involves working with customers, engineering, manufacturing, sales and others as needed to define and lead the implementation of specific requirements for use of Zetec Balance of Plant Eddy Current and Eddy Current Surface Array products.
Zetec is a global company with 250 employees in the U.S., Canada, China, France, Japan, and South Korea. Our company designs and manufactures non-destructive testing equipment that is in the energy industry around the globe to help ensure facilities that are safe, productive and cost efficient. It is a fascinating application of technology and our company has been the industry leader for over 40 years.
Zetec, Inc. is part a $500m+ division of publicly traded, Roper Industries (NYSE: ROP). We are headquartered in the Cascade foothills on Snoqualmie Ridge just 8 miles East of Issaquah. While the location might seem off the beaten path, it is a reverse commute from most points in the Puget Sound and is easily accessible just off of I-90. In addition to a gorgeous work location, we also provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (including a 401(k) package with a match of up to 7.5%). Our offices overlook scenic Mt. Si and with walking trails nearby our staff can frequently be seen taking a walk during the business day (for those who really work up a sweat we have on-site shower facilities!).
The individual who will be most successful in this role will have a roll-up your sleeves, get it done attitude, be adaptable, love to learn and operate with a high degree of integrity.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
- Support the electrical design of eddy current probes to meet specific requirements (coil characteristics, coil configuration, cabling, etc.).
- Define the electrical and mechanical requirements for eddy current tubing and surface array probes. Oversee the design of EC probes, cables and multiplexers in collaboration with other engineers/designers as needed.
- Conduct feasibility studies on prototype probes (or coils) and document the analysis/results for internal and customer use as needed.
- Understand the eddy current and eddy current surface array software functionality to ensure probes and systems work with the software as needed to support customer requirements. Coordinate with software engineering as necessary to support critical software product improvements.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality Control to ensure products are manufactured and thoroughly inspected.
- Participate in inspection activities to provide technical advice and consultation and acquire real time, first hand product performance information; provide summary reports to other Zetec stakeholders as required (e.g. Engineering, Sales, Marketing, etc.).
- Evaluate risks associated with customer contracts and help develop and implement risk mitigation plans.
Customer Support Activities
- Support sales quotation and order processes. Ensure technical specifications and answers are thorough and accurate and meet all customer requirements.
- Provide technical support to Customer Service, Sales Managers and Key Account Managers during the sales process.
- Respond to customers’ technical questions and ensure the appropriate equipment is selected. Ensure thorough understanding of customer requirements.
- Provide input for the Sales and Marketing teams to aid in creating packaged product solutions.
- Manage multiple concurrent customer activities.
- Prepare and review proposals and contracts, identify necessary deliverables. Prepare associated budgets to conduct applications and engineering tasks.
- Coordinate and follow-up on customer activities, ensuring customer satisfaction.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
The individual in this position may be subject to a Federal background investigation. U.S. citizenship required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to develop written requirements (specifications) for electro-mechanical systems.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of troubleshooting methodologies.
- Strong Microsoft Office applications skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to apply creative solutions to a variety of situations/projects.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelors degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or other education combined with appropriate work experience.
- Education and/or certifications in the use of the eddy current test methods desired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing electrical circuits or products.
- Experience working within cross-functional, diversely located engineering teams.
- Some international travel. Amount of travel is not guaranteed. Workspace will include a desk with appropriate computer, software and supplies provided.
- Support to Manufacturing and Quality Control may cause limited exposure to various fumes from chemical and soldering glues in the manufacturing areas. Refer to MSDS Notebook(s) in these departments for specific details regarding chemical exposure.
Normal office and laboratory hardware development environment. There will be occasional standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling and crouching. Occasional climbing of stairs and ladders. Occasional pushing/pulling of a moving cart and moving/lifting equipment weighing up to 40 pounds. Average vision and hearing is sufficient.
Join our talented team! APPLY TODAY via our website.
Zetec, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Learn more about us at www.zetec.com.