Zetec, Inc. is currently seeking a Probe Design Engineer to work under limited direction to design new eddy current probes and upgrade existing eddy current probe designs that are simple to complex in nature. This position also assists in the development and product line maintenance of probe support equipment including slip rings, motor units, extension cables and conduit. Some international travel may be required.
Zetec is a global company with 250 employees in the U.S., Canada, China, France, Japan, and South Korea. Our company designs and manufactures non-destructive testing equipment that is in the energy industry around the globe to help ensure facilities that are safe, productive and cost efficient. It is a fascinating application of technology and our company has been the industry leader for over 40 years.
Zetec, Inc. is part a $500m+ division of publicly traded, Roper Industries (NYSE: ROP). We are headquartered in the Cascade foothills on Snoqualmie Ridge just 8 miles East of Issaquah. While the location might seem off the beaten path, it is a reverse commute from most points in the Puget Sound and is easily accessible just off of I-90. In addition to a gorgeous work location, we also provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (including a 401(k) package with a match of up to 7.5%). Our offices overlook scenic Mt. Si and with walking trails nearby our staff can frequently be seen taking a walk during the business day (for those who really work up a sweat we have on-site shower facilities!).
The individual who will be most successful in this role will have a roll-up your sleeves, get it done attitude, be adaptable, love to learn and operate with a high degree of integrity.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
- Mechanical design ranging from conceptualization and analyses to detailed documentation utilizing computer aided design tools.
- Represent Zetec Engineering as a probe / standard design expert in interactions with customers, suppliers, and internal cross-functional teams.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and internal cross-functional team members as necessary to develop specifications, select components, and coordinate prototype fabrication of customer designed parts.
- Estimate design costs and schedules.
- Train sales team as necessary.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers by leading detailed design reviews and providing constructive feedback.
- Perform manual and computer-related engineering analyses when relevant; these include dimensional tolerancing, thermal/mechanical stress, and design for manufacturability analyses.
- Design implementation within Zetec new product development process; responsibilities include specification, detailed design documentation (e.g., solid models, fabrication drawings, bill of material, cost estimate), design review, prototyping, test support, and hands-off production.
- Research, recommend, and develop core technologies required to sustain or improve Zetec’s competitive edge.
- Research and develop new innovative product concepts.
- Respond to customer requests for innovative probe designs to resolve difficult/complex testing and application requirements.
- Create sales collateral (Brochures, PowerPoints, White Papers, Equivalency Reports, Bulletins)
- Multiple annual onsite customers visits. Must have associated clearances / training
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Stay current with industry related codes, customer agreements and Zetec Quality Assurance manuals
- Follow all company safety policies and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Extended hours may be required to fulfill the requirements of this position
The individual in this position must be a US citizen and may be subject to Federal background investigation. Individual must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of eddy current, electronics theory.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Good computer skills using a variety of software tools, such as Microsoft Office, ERP modules, design software, Microsoft Project, eddy current acquisition, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated talent for creative and innovative design.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Ability to acquire working knowledge and skills necessary to be proficient in the use of industry standard eddy current acquisition instrumentation
Education Minimum Requirements/Equivalent:
- Four year degree in Engineering or Design related field or equivalent experience. Masters degree or higher preferred.
- Ten or more years industry experience in design, development, analysis and delivery of NDT or similar products.
- Experience and ability to manage small projects and lead cross functional teams.
Some international travel may be required. The working conditions of this position will consist of both office and electronic manufacturing plant environment with periodic exposure to noise levels, chemical compounds and fumes associated with the manufacturing of electronic components; epoxy, solder, etc. Please refer to the MSDS Notebook in this department for specific details regarding chemical exposure.
This position requires frequent sitting with occasional standing, walking stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching/working overhead. Occasionally, there is pushing, pulling and lifting/carrying of parts and equipment weighing approximately 40-80 lbs. Occasional fine manipulation of assemblies is required. Average vision and hearing is sufficient.
Join our talented team! APPLY TODAY via our website.
Zetec, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Learn more about us at www.zetec.com.