ZF TRW Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work when I was there
Commodity Manager - Capital Equipment (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 11, 2016
Over the course of my career at TRW I had the opportunity to work in many positions, and got along well with other employees. I was able to utilize my organizational and negation skills as I moved through different areas of responsibility. My day involved activities with multiple departments to complete my responsibilities. Hardest part of job was dealing with low performance employees, and the best part was seeing a new piece of equipment complete run-off and start production
Pros
Responsibility, ability to use skills
Cons
Slow decision matrix in manufacturing
more cons than pros, stepping stone job
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 9, 2016
While the third shift commercial supervisor is one of the best managers in the company it is terribly outweighed by the counterproductivity of upper management. The Safety manager has no idea of what a proactive safety decision is. Every decision he makes comes in response to an injury or near miss. The workers here are generally downtrodden under by the oppressive regime that is upper management.
Pros
great supervisor on third shift
Cons
poor healthcare, terrible safety managers
Fun place to work
Print Room Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHMarch 20, 2016
Very nice place to work and co workers all got along.

The hardest part was making sure all the print request for the shop floor and vendors were all filled and ready to distribute in a timely matter.
The other part was making sure all the blueprints and specifications were all up to date and previous revisions were on microfilm for future reference if needed.
Pros
Good hours and company cafeteria avalilable for lunch
Cons
Fast food places to far away to go out for lunch
TRW is not the same company after the aquisiiton by ZF
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 13, 2016
TRW Automotive was a great company until ZF bought them. ZF is driving them into the ground. All top management has been replaced with people that do not understand the safety business. This is now going further into the organizations.
Wonderful career start for me
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMarch 24, 2016
- Learning new things, developing skills, supporting various task
- Polocies/proceedures, aerospace and defense workplace, etc.
- Very desciplined and professional
- Willing to help you grow and learn new task.
- Not enough funds for secretaries to take on-the-job training at the time.
- A great place to work.
Pros
Work-place satisfaction
Cons
Sometime lay-offs
Productive and friendly coworker
Operator (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILJune 16, 2016
Busy, fast paced, fulfilling work, each day I would learn something new. Team leader and supervisor were very helpful. Co-workers were friendly and really wanted to help you learn the positions.
Pros
pleasant working environment, Subway in cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
Production
Assembly Technician/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2016
Load incoming components at work cell using necessary material handling equipment.
Perform a variety of gauging and inspection techniques including SPC and charting.
Perform TPM tasks on line equipment as scheduled
Pros
good pay
Cons
Closed
Great Co-Workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 24, 2016
Just changed to ZF from TRW, Waiting to see how the new management team moves the company forward with other large suppliers going after the same new markets - autonomous driving.
Pros
Top notch talent, high technology design programs
Cons
Healthcare benefits could be improved
Constant layoff and downsizing talk
ASSEMBLY LINE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 15, 2016
I was hired as a temp and there was constant talk of layoffs. It is a fairly easy job but a lot of overtime is necessary to bring home a decent check. All of the managers that I had were great and i still talk to a few as friends now.
Get work orders for machining prototype parts.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Romeo, MIMay 15, 2016
Would get a work order for prototype parts, complete what ever the engineer required. Most work orders, where for the module or inflater builds. Had to make them to print and do what it took to get the job done.
Pros
Learned everything in the machine shop
Cons
stressful

Want to know more about ZF TRW?

Ask a question
Factory Shift work
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Union Springs, NYJune 30, 2016
Boring, dull, repetitive, gloomy. I worked in an old run down factory whose union workforce hated the management workforce. everything was a struggle and the factory closed and moved to Canada.
Pros
good pay, regular hours
Cons
Bad work environment
Not too bad of a company
Cell Lead (Current Employee) –  Marshall, ILFebruary 13, 2016
I have worked for this company for eight years, but am ready for a change, and looking to be able to move up in a company that offers better hours to suit my busy family life. A day at work consists of meeting with my Team Leader and coming up with a plan to have a successful night by making sure everything runs smoothly and we meet out shipment deadlines. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep everyone happy while at the same time making sure to do what the company wants.
Pros
The money is not too bad, overtime, people
Cons
shifts
Productive and professional environment
General Ledger Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoy working with people, enjoy learning new things so I can grow professionally and personally. I work very well with everyone, can connect quickly with others, have good communication skills, and written skills. I am very good in computers and a fast learner.

The hardest part of the job is that many times I have to stay late at work and/or work extra hours to fulfill the needs to the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I learn new things and have new opportunities to grow professionally.
There were good after work opportunities for socializing and being active. The company had a softball team, a running club, and a ski club.
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 7, 2016
Co-workers were very well educated. Communication between the business and engineering parts of the company were essential for productivity and good morale.
Interesting and challenging assignments
staff engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I just reviewed this earlier.

I used my background knowledge and learned new field in radiation effects on semiconductor components. In addition, learned how to do electromagnetic coupling to structures and C3 systems.

Used my computer programming skills to use software codes to do simulations.

A friendly environment were I established good relations with friends.
Pros
Benefits, job securtity, and good pay
Cons
Long drive to work
TRW was a moderately-paced automotive braking symstems producer with a large variety of jobs available.
OTS Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingsway, OHJanuary 19, 2016
I machined brake rotors / drums and assembled braking system components to meet QS9000 and ISO14000 standards using Statistical Processing Controls. I operated various machines, including: CNCs, automated grinders, vertical lathes, drills and assembly cells. Performed Shipping and Receiving responsibilities, prepared parts for shipment, and operated forklifts for material handling. I worked with others as a team or independently. I am grateful for the learning experience.
ran cnc's ,grinder's,balancer,s and Kj-law gages
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHMarch 12, 2016
As line leader I needed to know how to run an diagnose issues to improve quality and production. Was always a good challenging work atmosphere.
Pros
Good Wages and Good Health insureance
Cons
TRW management decided they did not want to be in that business any more.
Great Company
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of: working with customer service to provide correct and accurate shipments to over 200 customers in multiple countries. Accuracy in all aspects of these shipments including, Bill of Lading, Customs, Picking/Packing to customer specific specifications. Loading and unloading freight shipments, inventory management and time management.

Learning the strengths of each of my co-workers and they mine, helped us work efficiently and accurately as a team.

The hardest part of the job was adjusting orders and expediting orders when issues with production or computer networks would arise.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to work as a team and also independently to accomplish the daily goals.
Above average work place
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 10, 2016
Not too stressful work environment with good co-workers. Weekly overtime not compensated however. Hardest part of job is communication with management and having to deal with people in positions they aren't qualified for.
Pros
Non-stressful work environment
Cons
Insurance not completely covered, no weekday overtime compensation, have to deal with under-qualified employees
Excellent environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILJuly 25, 2016
TRW was an excellent place to work, internal promotions were lacking, but overall excellent work environment.
Pros
Pay is excellent
Cons
Lots of OT