ZF Employee Reviews

Horrible HR and management
Senior Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 21, 2017
Just do not apply. Between the multiple sales I have been through, bad management, and the HR department trying to put it to you it is a terrible career choice. ZF will not be loyal to you.
Nice work environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 19, 2017
Very professional environment. People are very friendly and easy to work with. Working in the automotive industry is very interesting. Would recommend to a friend.
Not much fun
Managed the Help Desk (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 14, 2017
I had poor management and my area was treated like the poor relations. There wasn't much upward mobility and there was very little diversity. I would not work there again.
Challenging work, but no reward
Senior AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHSeptember 11, 2017
This position gave plenty of time and freedom to solve issues and encouraged creative solutions. However, raises are rewarded at a percent of current salary, with talented and less-talented employees compensated at comparatively the same rates.
Pros
Little to no micromanagement
Cons
short breaks, poor healthcare options
Produtive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNSeptember 5, 2017
You don't know what your doing from day to day and if you are going to be sent home for lack of work they have required stuff that you look for but if you do it an find stuff like rust they let you not to worry about it then it gets sent back an you get in trouble for it and the supervisor is the one that told you to send it
Decent Money, Decent Environment, Still just a number
F/A Operator (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILSeptember 3, 2017
It's a decent place to work. You form good relationships. You are still a number to the people in "carpet town" but on the floor people may listen to you. The work itself is fairly easy to grasp and not too stressful
Good Company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 21, 2017
The company is a good place to work for. The benifiets are decent and pay is good. You will always ahve something to do, and learn plenty in the process.
tool setter
Tool Setter (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 16, 2017
At TRW I was responsible for fixing the other workers tools when they broke. If I did not have tools to fix I would walk around the shop and see if anyone needed anything or had something that was broken.
Pros
relaxed environment, great pay, great hours
Cons
I am content but always keep my options open
Auto-insert operator (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 16, 2017
I have very few complaints except the union makes things a little unfair. I was able to advance fairly quickly which was great because of the pay increase.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCAugust 13, 2017
Zf is an amazing place. The supervisor are nice and easy-going. It is a fast-pace productive company. Need hours, they can always give it to you. Amazing coworkers and friendly folks.
Pros
Awesome Supervisor, alot of overtimes
Cons
not enough time inspect parts.
Don't Work Here
Technician Operator (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZAugust 10, 2017
This job was great until 2001 when all the good managers left. That should've been the red flag to bolt as well. there are still a few good people there, but for the most part, they're all gone.
Competitive Organization
Americas Operations Director / President JV (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 9, 2017
Outstand organization, customer oriented, cost driven, very robust business excellence and lean production system.
I enjoy very much the company business model and work ethics.
Pros
Robust production system focus on basics
Cons
too much cost driven
Very productive place to work
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAAugust 9, 2017
Very productive place to work. I worked there for about two months I was building calipers for cars when I didn't have work on my machine I will go to other departments and work there was a lot of overtime there . It was a good place to work I was just on third shift because there was no openings on first and I didn't want second shift .
Work life balance is great
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2017
The work/life balance is the best part of the job. they have always been very understanding and accommodating in that area. I know for me personally that if it wasn't for that I would have had many issues over the past many years.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
raises and benefits
Good Job, Poor worker relations.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNAugust 6, 2017
Working here was great at in the beginning. Management teams do not treat the workers fairly, and they promote HOURLY job based on a resume instead of clock number seniority. For example, a worker there had 20+ experience and put in for a quality job, the job was given to a 17 year old highschool student. They kept him under an intern until he was 18. They cut corners and try to hide things from their customers.
The job itself was a good job. It paid well and I enjoyed what I did. I met a lot of great people, and learned alot about machining.
Pros
Production workers were great people. Pay was good.
Cons
healthcare was a joke. Managment/Production relations are very poor
Its a ok job
Assembly Line Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIAugust 1, 2017
I was a temp-worker so i dont really know about the benefits our anything. The didnt hire me after more then 90 days so i didnt really see a future with this company. All in all it was a good job experience.
Pros
Good Pay, Many Hours
Cons
Not really hiring people in.
repetitive work on automation type machines building car parts
Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 28, 2017
All though the supervisors are very helpful and want to work with you how ever they can. The rest of the building is full of issues. The machines run poorly a lot of times. Due to low rate of pay and high expectations from the employees they can't keep people working for them. The only things that is a benefit to the job is the flexible hours. 12,10, and 8 hour shifts. Over night and daily options.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
low rate of pay, poor machinery
Very stressful workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TN 37857July 13, 2017
Very stressful, nobody knew who was in control. If you like 7 days a week and not having no home life then you will fit in with this place. Training is very little and even then very limited and mostly guesswork by who ever is training you. My co worker were very nice and friendly but seems other shifts compete against each other, the pay scale was messed up too, you have to have a certain number of machines in the right order to get a raise.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
7 days a week, no home life, couldn't plan on doing anything
Poor company to work for
Automation Tech -Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MIJuly 11, 2017
Company doesn't care about employees all they care about is making money, god forbid if a employee has a medical issue they will run you out the door using the at will employee
Excellent learning experience
3rd shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 11, 2017
This has been a great learning/building experience for me. I have learned so much about a completely unrelated field, as well as supervising in a union environment.
It gives me confidence that my leadership and past experience will be successful in any manufacturing environment.
Pros
Learning new process
Cons
Poor managerial communication