Ziegler CAT Employee Reviews

diesel mechanic
Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IANovember 16, 2017
I started as an intern at Ziegler. I felt like no matter what I did I couldn't succeed due to the fact that I am a women! I tried rally hard to balance work and school trying to prove myself.
Service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buhl, MNOctober 1, 2017
I loved working there. Good people and great benefits. You are apart of a larger team with a clear goal. Working for Ziegler will benefit you as well as a larger group
Good place for a career
Anonymous employee (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNJuly 3, 2017
Ziegler has been a great place for me and my career. It's a privately held business, and the owners seem very invested in the long-term success of the company. People are very down-to-earth, genuine, and hard working. I have a family, and I've found it's a very good environment for work/life balance.

Ziegler is involved with philanthropic work - I have opportunities to participate in different volunteer opportunities in the area which is something important to me.

I always tell people the best part about working here is the people. I've worked a few other places and couldn't believe what a difference it was working here. People are honestly really helpful and really dedicated and very friendly.

For me, the best thing is that the company is small enough I can have an impact. I've worked for Fortune 500 companies before, and it's impossible to make your mark or have influence with a publicly traded company with tens of thousands of people. Working for a mid-size company has allowed me to take ownership in my career and have a big impact. I have no interest in going back to a huge company after working in an environment like this. Is it perfect here? No. But I've worked for enough other types of companies to know this is a good place to land for a long-term career, which is why there are so many long-term employees here.
Pros
The people/culture, company size, industry, tenure, opportunities
Very top heavy!
Product Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 30, 2017
Worked at Ziegler for 6 years. When I started I had a great, supportive supervisor who was wonderful! But things soured terribly through the years. I ended with a supervisor who had NO business in that position! She was great at the product support part of her job, but had no leadership skills to speak of. We were treated like trash and it killed morale. When this issue was brought up to her she blamed everyone but herself. Ziegler has FAR too many people in managment positions, furthermore they have far too many who are incredibly unqualified!!! Job seekers beware!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor managment, benefits, Sub par PTO plan, antiquated office culture
Top Notch Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 9, 2017
I Cut my teeth at Ziegler CAT in Territory Management. The overall staff, training, continuing education and culture is what this Company is all about.

Upper Management is wonderful to work with and the future of Ziegler CAT will always shine on simply because of the way they treat and respect their employees.

Great room for advancement due to the diversity within all of their divisions.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Ziegler as a whole is a great place to work.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IASeptember 14, 2016
Management skills are lacking in Altoona.
The machinist position posted doesnt describe what the job really intales. This not a true machinist job. It is a repair shop with a couple of manual lathes that belong in the scrap yard! This is a phsyically demanding job that can be easily done, giving the proper training. However. Proper training is not provided to you. It's a sink or swim job.
Pros
Comparable benefits to today's standards
Cons
Sixteenth-century mentality. No thinking outside of the box.
Awsome job
Parts Sales (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MN 55379August 12, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Everyone that works here is hard working and easy to get along with. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Best place I ever worked in my 35 years as a machinist
Machinist / Hydraulic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2016
Hard work but it's a company you can work your whole career at and be happy that you did! I'm sorry I left after 15 years there. Wish I could redo that part of my life. Working on dozers is dirty work but it's well worth the effort.
Pros
Solid management who care. Good union.
Cons
It's dirty work if your a mechanic.
I liked the products
Technical Communicator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buhl, MNApril 25, 2016
The job was good and interesting. The people were very good to work with. The training programs offered were wonderful.
Pros
Equipment use
Cons
Vacation time not good.
Take care of the customer
ELECTRICAL SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Altoona, IAMarch 16, 2015
Ziegler is a family orientated / owned company that takes priority in taking care of their customer's. They are an excellent company to work for and believes that family time is important! The service industry is a fast-paced, on-call 24/7 business and they take pride in that industry, plus quick response to the customer. They promote from within before looking to the outside. You can start an entry level job and grow to management with this company.
Pros
Fast-paced, family orientated company
Great staff
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 10, 2015
Great product, great staff, great management. It is a small company taking on a corporate lifestyle, but being true to who they truly are.
Great management
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 19, 2014
Great company to work for while representing great products.
Heavy Machinary
Machine Sales Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 15, 2014
Company sells heavy equipment and is a specialized dealer of CAT equipment
Fast growing CO. and a great place to work.
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 16, 2014
I was a service manager in Milwaukee WI. I managed 3 people and set up jobs for them. I also traveled the dealer area to service, repair, and demo the products we handled.
Pros
Learned about how dealers work and manage their areas.
Cons
Doing service calls and trying to manage the dealer service people when i was on the road.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ziegler CAT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2