Zimmer Biomet Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place with great co-workers
Investment Castings (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 19, 2017
Fun environment great learning experience everyday. Learned how to use the grinders in different ways and to grind different parts everyday. Management treats you well only down side way no fulltime. Great co-workers fun people to talk to everyday. Hardest part was the grinders would break and cut your hands sometimes.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the guys I worked with and my dad.
Pros
Great working experience
Cons
No fulltime
A good place to work.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 30, 2016
Like most companies, growing with numerous acquisitions, there are many organizational changes occurring, with lots of confusion.

The atmosphere is a combination of positive and negative.

Otherwise, if your adaptable and can keep up with it all, it's a good place to work.
Pros
Work schedule, celebration activities, community event participation, and product line.
Cons
Management could use some training, not recognized enough for going beyond your duties, and training could be better.
Very productive work environment
Surgery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CANovember 10, 2016
Pull cases that need to be done for next day or a few days out
How case pulling applies to medical supplies that hospitals need
Immediate supervisor is helpful in helping me get cases done
Co-workers are great to work with everyone is different and diverse
Hardest part of the job is not having the medical trays and tubs we need
Everyone is great to work with, very friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Overtime is always available for when you need extra on your check
Cons
distance and being on call.
Fast-paced workplace
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 1, 2016
While working in development engineering, it was a very fast-paced work environment. I learned a lot, and for the most part, management was always willing to help. My fellow co-op students were great, and there was a great culture within our group, however it was much different outside of the young adults at Zimmer Biomet.
Pros
Free lunches, learning experiences, cadaver labs
Cons
work/life balance, management
If offered a temporary position, DO NOT accept.
Commissions Processor (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 21, 2016
Zimmer Biomet has a long history of hiring temps and giving them the workload of full-time employees, but not treating them like real people. On top of this, they may imply that there is opportunity for advancement, but there is not. Of everyone I know at the company, none of them know of a temp who was hired in full-time.

Further, when your contract is up, they often don't even have the decency to tell you ahead of time. Instead you will likely just receive a call from the staffing agency informing you that today was your last day.

However, if you are offered a full-time position, the compensation and benefits are phenomenal, and there is constant opportunity for advancement.
difficult merger with LDR cost lots of people their jobs
Spine Territory manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 5, 2017
terrible choices during merger bad company combination.
I was hired as an LDR rep and my the territory had been burned down, once the merger happened they eliminated all the direct reps in my area but were not able to combine the LDR division with the zimmer biomet distributor.
Productive and goal oriented
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 28, 2016
A day at work was very busy, it's very goal oriented. I learned how to work in a fast moving pace, and a lot of things about the parts we make. The management was great, if there was a problem it was taken care of immediately. The most enjoyable part of working for Zimmer Biomet was working at a team, yet kind of competing at the same time. You had a goal to reach together, and a goal to reach individually.
Great group of people
Document Control Coordinator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 28, 2016
Growing and advancing within the company was a struggle. I applied with the company 4 times to become permanent in the department that had openings and not once did I get a call back even though I was a temp there. Other individuals were getting hired for the position I was applying for.
Zimmer Biomet
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 4, 2016
A typical day of work is attending meetings and assisting employees.
I was able to learn a lot about the HR function and manufacturing overall.
Some of the managers there are very understanding while others have a hard time with work life balance.
Many of my co-workers are helpful and will take time out to help others.
Dealing with the changing work culture and environment is one of the hardest parts of the job.
The most enjoyable parts are when we have our annual celebrations.
A challenging and patient focused company
Associate Director - Large Joint/Upper Extremity (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day involves a lot of interdepartmental communication, coordination of activities with both peers and direct reports, interaction and engagement with surgeon customers, and planning meetings with product developers and commercialization professionals.
Pros
Great career with high potential
Cons
Large bureaucracy and difficult decision time frames.
Excellent company, very rewarding
cell support operator (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRSeptember 13, 2016
Great! Coming early prepare the work area, making sure I have everything I need to do my job the best.
I have learned many things like, sorting.de-buring,blasting,reading blue prints ect.
Great management
Love working with my co workers is it an extend family to me
I dont fine anything hard of my job , I enjoy my team work and everything here.
Pros
healthcare, training, breaks
bad managment
Inventory control coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 12, 2016
i was harassed on a daily basis and took the issues to management per the handbook and managers didn't follow company guidelines to help resolve my problem. coworkers are very inappropriate. that's probably the most difficult part of the job.
benefits
Cons
poor managment
Very Tense place to work
Senior Process Engineer (New Product Development) (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 11, 2016
Higher management, Supervisor have unrealistic expectations,
Every day workload is unrealistic
Never have feedback from manager upon completion you get the blame
Pros
Good Healthcare technology
Cons
Not very competative for compensation
Average company to work with
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 4, 2017
to much Hippocrates layer in management,shop floor worker are good.
Company has good product, good for starter to learn about.
recently restructuring made worker measurable and demoralized.
I personally prefer to work some ware else.
Intelligent and hard working people
Senior JDE techno functional Lead (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 7, 2016
I learned tremendously working at this place for more than a decade! The people respect each other and try to work together for common goal. Just a bit stressful at times with deadlines so it can have an impact on your personal life!
Good Job, Can Be Slow
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 8, 2016
Work was off and on sometimes. But overall, a lot can be learned about manufacturing, engineering, regulatory, and sales at Zimmer Biomet. Advancement in a large company always takes time but it does come to those who put the time and effort in.
Great place to work for
Specialty Services (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 15, 2016
Zimmer Biomet is a great place to work for. I am a working for Zimmer Biomet through a temp agency and my contract is ending in August. I would love to be a full time employee. I couldn't ask for better co-workers and department. My supervisors schedule one on one time every month with each employee that works under them to talk about work issues or just what is going on in your personal life. The one hour of time you get once a month helps greatly with communication and understanding of what is expected of you.
Not for the faint of heart
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2016
This is a constant fast paced environment, expect to be overwhelmed most of the day.
The majority of the people who work here are great, and make things a little less hectic.
Pros
Constantly busy
Cons
Not a lot of support
Working at Zimmer was a very rewarding job. Great place to work.
Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Typical work day with great multiple culture employees. Learned all about orthopedic surgery and medical devices. Great management team and great to work for. The hardest part of job was extensive global travel.
Very engaging workplace
Director of Biomet Sales - Zimmer/Biomet Tri-State (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 21, 2016
Zimmer Biomet is one of the top Orthopedic companies in the world. It has an amazing balance of hard work and fun. It is easy to balance work and personal life as well. Overall a great place to work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zimmer Biomet. Our community is ready to answer.